As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] A Classy Christmas II; Day Seventeen Total: $7,197.90

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I have like 132 gems so I put them all on one game in the hopes that there will be some sort of pity prize.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    akajaybay wrote: »
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Yeah I've got maybe one more game I want to try and pull out of the auction, but if gem prices remain high I may cash out whatever else I have left.
    I made all my gems off the .03 pricing, so 4800 for Golden Wake was a pretty good deal.

Oh, you got to keep your 3 cent gems? Lucky bastard. Mine disappeared because my purchases were from duplicators, apparently :/

No I mean I made them off of the .03 wallpapers. Picked up a little over 100 wallpapers at .03 each, churned most of those into gems, sold some of the wallpapers back once the wallpapers were up to 9-10 cents each.
    So 100 gems= 3 cents for me for the most part although closer to zero since I made some back already selling a few back and selling some cards from boosters generated.

Oooooh, okay.

Yeah, still lucky you got all those backgrounds, but that's more good on you for jumping on it while it was hot.

Actually looks like I still have about 12 of those wallpapers on the market, could churn em into gems and sell the gems for a nice amount right now. I wonder when gem prices will peak.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    There are a few games that might float down to the point where I could nab them with my created gems. I suspect that prices will go up again when we get into East Coast evening hours and more players log in to see what all this auction business is about.

EDIT: Also, gem sacks just keep going up. I wonder if they'll flatten out at some point before the auctions wrap up.

I think all the marketplace trollers already ate through the 100 gem items. Background B is up to ten cents now, and has less than 1% of the supply it had two days ago. It will be interesting to see how things shake out, but the economist who thought up this "game" deserves like three or four raises.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Haha, I hate to delay my stuff further, but I forgot that tomorrow I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled, so we'll see how that goes before I start trying to sing or narrate an LP.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Yeah, most of my gems were from .03/100 early on. I'm already in the black from booster crafting plus I've completed a couple sets. I still have several thousand gems and can reasonably cash out to the tune of $1.20/1000 through boosters.

Anything I bid on I'm basically getting for free.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Haha, I hate to delay my stuff further, but I forgot that tomorrow I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled, so we'll see how that goes before I start trying to sing or narrate an LP.

Nothing says Steam Sale like unwise purchases while hopped up on painkillers.

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    So the latest AMD drivers everyone was talking about, has given new life to my GPU. I have been able to resume my heavily modded Tale of Two Wastelands playthrough, as it runs much better. There are still stuttering and slowdowns, but it's much better now!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Signs I might be getting too into this:

Excel spreadsheet with current top bid, my big, what place I'm in, My Bid/Top Bid, and Top Bid-My Bid, with cells colored depending upon whether I'm a) in the top 25% of spots remaining or lower 33%, b) my current bid is over half of the top bid, or under 10%, c) my bid is less than 2000 away from the top bid, or over 10k.

I haven't gone that far, but I went through all the auctions and placed 50 gem placeholder bids on the ones I'm interested in so I can view all of them from the auction status page. I wish they would tell you what the historical winning bids were so you can better gauge what your high bid should be.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »

Nothing says Steam Sale like unwise purchases while hopped up on painkillers.

SUMMER DALE!

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/lord-of-the-rings-bundle/

Another good WB Bundlestars bundle, this time LOTR. Includes Lego LOTR, Lego Hobbit + DLC, War in the North, and that Moba thing plus DLC for that.

By all accounts the moba is dead, so not as strong as that Batman bundle, but not shabby for 10 bucks.

They had literally this exact bundle a couple of months back (for the same price, I think). Kind of nice that they've done it again, now it's all topical with the new movie out. It's a solid bundle.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular

Just a thought, trying to sing while under the effect of the dentist drugs/anesthesia could result in the best christmas carol ever. :mrgreen:

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Shade wrote: »
    Antoshka‌ decided I need some Chaos Reborn in my life!

In completely unrelated news I checked and my card(account?) is still blocked from buying....
    @Shade‌
    serves you right you monster

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    How much do boosters cost gemwise?

Depends on the game but go here: http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/boostercreator/

Holy crap, those are expensive. Even if you were to recycle your other cards, you're not gonna get a booster unless you just have have a ton of them.

Booster cost is proportional to the number of cards in the set. So the cheapest boosters are ones like Brutal Legend, which has tons of cards.

I understand that, still seems like you need to put a lot more in than what you get out of it. It's cool and all that you have this option to get some boosters that rarely drop though.

But then you can get lucky like some people who opened a booster and got an $8 foil card in it.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Just got my auction winner badge in a heated battle for puzzle bots...which I spent entirely too many gems on :?

Now to convert the rest of my gems to Long Live the Queen booster backs because those card prices are always kind of high.

Edit: So...uh...does anyone want puzzle bots?

LostNinja on
  • Options

Depends on the game but go here: http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/boostercreator/

Holy crap, those are expensive. Even if you were to recycle your other cards, you're not gonna get a booster unless you just have have a ton of them.

Booster cost is proportional to the number of cards in the set. So the cheapest boosters are ones like Brutal Legend, which has tons of cards.

I understand that, still seems like you need to put a lot more in than what you get out of it. It's cool and all that you have this option to get some boosters that rarely drop though.

But then you can get lucky like some people who opened a booster and got an $8 foil card in it.

Right, I get that. It's a huge gamble if that's what you're going for :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

It_could_happen_to_you_ver2.jpg

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    @Kanden‌ promptly turned aournd and gifted me the Black Rainbow he won in the auction!

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    And then @Isorn piled on with "A new Beginning"! Maybe I should have stayed in bed.

• Options
    SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    A giveaway for you fine ladies and gents:
    signature.png

Svevin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    8wPfjmz.png

Lowest bid page is new I believe. Either that or I somehow missed it before.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    That tab is new, as is the wishlist tab.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Man, I doubt im going to win a copy of Fantasy Grounds, but Im keeping my bid in on it. I'm roughly mid 30s in the queue, but its super low compared to the top bids.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Man, I think this whole auction thing is basically lost on me.

I look at my inventory and I'm thinking, "I could sell all these cards and stuff and get, like, at least ten bucks and put that towards a game or something."

Then I think again and I'm all, "but then I wouldn't have them!" and paralysis sets back in.

I have a problem with decision making.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    I kinda wanna sell some dupe cards for gems so I can put in a phony bid on an auction and get the badge.

But I feel like I should sell the cards and use the money to buy the cards I actually want so I can get more badges/levels.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Or you could just wait for the sale and buy the games with money, instead of probably spending more on gems than the game costs.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Aistan wrote: »
    Or you could just wait for the sale and buy the games with money, instead of probably spending more on gems than the game costs.

But badges!

Also, for some reason Steam has locked me out from selling stuff for 7 days. So I either have to smuggle goods through the gem market, or I can't use the Market.

edit: And of course I unpack a bunch of boosters and don't get any foils.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular

But did a person who experienced such a windfall remember to share their windfall with the local barista or server?

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Oh yay, I can't trade or use the market place until a week from now. That's silly.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »

But badges!

Also, for some reason Steam has locked me out from selling stuff for 7 days. So I either have to smuggle goods through the gem market, or I can't use the Market.

edit: And of course I unpack a bunch of boosters and don't get any foils.

Did you just log in to a new device/browser and are using the web browser to list? Or did you just add funds to your steam wallet?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    That tab is new, as is the wishlist tab.

Well, that would have saved me about three hours last night.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

But did a person who experienced such a windfall remember to share their windfall with the local barista or server?

Pffft. I had to get my own damn coffee. So that $8 (well, $6 is what I actually got for it, post-Valve-share) is still firmly planted in my Steam wallet. All mine.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Looks like TF2 and CS GO items bought from the store and the market are now going to have a 1 week delay to be traded now. They've really strangled the life out of the cheap game trading market. Oh well, was great while it lasted.

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    So I see people talking about getting a badge from winning an auction. Where do you see this badge?

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    The My Wishlist tab is showing different (higher) bids than the tracked bids amounts.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Icemopper wrote: »
    So I see people talking about getting a badge from winning an auction. Where do you see this badge?

It's the third level of the event badge. Level 1 is recycling an item for gems, Level 2 is placing a bid on an item, Level 3 is winning a bid.
    Bottom of the page: http://www.steamcardexchange.net/index.php?gamepage-appid-753

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Iolo wrote: »
    The My Wishlist tab is showing different (higher) bids than the tracked bids amounts.

Is it possible that the wishlist amounts are from newly expired auctions?

Talus9952 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

Pffft. I had to get my own damn coffee. So that $8 (well, $6 is what I actually got for it, post-Valve-share) is still firmly planted in my Steam wallet. All mine.

You shared it with Valve, out of the goodness of your heart.

At gunpoint.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Shadows of Mordor's first campaign DLC, Lords of the Hunt appears to be out if you have the season pass.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Shadows of Mordor's first campaign DLC, Lords of the Hunt appears to be out if you have the season pass.

Yup, downloading now. I had seen they had added the achievements awhile back but there had not been an update on its release that I had seen.

Karoz on
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Shadow of Mordor is like, totally updating something huge but I don't have the Season Pass, so I don't know why it would be doing so . . .

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
This discussion has been closed.