As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This [Steam] thread is old and broken. Go to the new one!

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    6:56 PM - CorriganX: you're going to have to fight berry to the death
    6:56 PM - SmokeStacks: oh man
    6:56 PM - CorriganX: just remember, she hasnt had meat in years, you can overpower her
    6:56 PM - SmokeStacks: hahaha
    6:57 PM - SmokeStacks: I will use my secret fighting technique
    6:57 PM - SmokeStacks: passed down among my people
    6:57 PM - SmokeStacks: the coveted and dangerous
    6:57 PM - SmokeStacks: bacon fist

Pre-gaming some strategies. Lets do this.

Bacon... fist... ?

Is that what you kids are calling it these days?
    vh61sslvc121.jpg

I want to go to there

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Dont worry guys, once I take control of the galaxy, I hereby promise that everyone will be Bacon Fisted.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Dont worry guys, once I take control of the galaxy, I hereby promise that everyone will be Bacon Fisted.

We'll hold you to that.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited February 2015

We will have bacon fists? That's what you meant, right? Right?

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    I finished Dragon Age Origins! Woo!

Now to delve into the DLC that came with it.

I'm also trying to decide if I should play DA2 next, or not.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

We will have bacon fists? That's what you meant, right? Right?

Well, how else would you be bacon fisted?

Sheesh.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I don't remember what I took. I'm pretty sure I was a cultural officer which i think helps me communicate with our enemies while we mercilessly murderdeathkill them

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I know I was weird.

I figured I should stick to what I know.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Polygon: The truth behind those mysteriously cheap gray market game codes

G2A and the like. A few folks here have mentioned using them. Are these things as sketchy as they can seem? Fascinating read.

I clearly need to spend more time at Polygon. That was a really interesting read. The only thing that I don't like is that they immediately assumed that the youtube person sold it. What's to say that the youtube person didn't give the key away (either the second one after redemption or the first if they didn't have time to cover the game but still wanted to request the developer's wishes) and it was that recipient who sold the Gravity Ghost key?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    jclast wrote: »

G2A and the like. A few folks here have mentioned using them. Are these things as sketchy as they can seem? Fascinating read.

I clearly need to spend more time at Polygon. That was a really interesting read. The only thing that I don't like is that they immediately assumed that the youtube person sold it. What's to say that the youtube person didn't give the key away (either the second one after redemption or the first if they didn't have time to cover the game but still wanted to request the developer's wishes) and it was that recipient who sold the Gravity Ghost key?
    Of course, more than likely it was actually a scammer trying to get the key to resell anyway. Dan Teasdale of No Goblins says he spends a lot of time doing background checks on the review codes he's asked for, and a lot of them are just scammers using a famous youtube name to get a key.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    nf9ti03yvpwo.jpg

Apparently we're prematurely celebrating @CorriganX's birthday with Russian fucks or something? I dunno, I might have had a bit much alcolol this evening to make sense of the message.

Thanks @Spoit! <3<3<3

Happy Early Birthday Corrigan!

... and I was doing so well. I'd made it an entire week without a random gifting.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Picked up Final Fantasy 4 on the Squeenix sale. The mobile graphics update I can take or leave, it doesn't anger me, but it's meh...but I really appreciate the re-translation. FF4 has always been one of my favorite games, it's nice to see it get a better translation. The original translation wasn't FF7 bad, but it was shaky in parts.

Don't you mean "spoony"?

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I appreciate that they kept "spoony" in despite re-translating.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    So what defines a Russian fuck?

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

Vodka.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Ooh, now I wanna watch Goldeneye.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Ooh, now I wanna watch Goldeneye.
    not that i ever have the time to join in on FNG, but Golden Eye Source should be the game sometime http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

A Russian dictionary.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »

As a note for those who are more interested. The codes are those grey market game sites are almost assuredly stolen. Its seems almost impossible to legitimately buy enough keys via Humble/elsewhere in order to attempt to make enough resale money to be worthwhile. The margin you get for the effort you would have to do in order to do all of that stuff manually, by trading et al is just terrible.

The likely reason that the fraud isn't caught is because people doing credit card fraud have lots of credit cards to fraud with and only do a small amount of fraud on each card. They build a bot to interface with the legitmate storefronts and send the purchase requests through proxies. Then distribute the keys to individual resale storefronts. Then fabricate a handful of "this is how these keys are acquired" lies and you're good to go. Its basically a digital goods version of the old "convert credit card into gift card buy items" scams that go on, but a lot harder to catch because lots of people purchase games online and it would take a miracle to catch someone making only a handful of purchases per year per card unless that person looked at their bill and called their bank.

Basically take a look at this article from polygon. Only one involves that a "legitimate" action which could make someone any money. And the sum total of the money its possible to make is, roughly the total that was made by that one individual. The rest of the actions are basically small time, not nearly enough to come up with the kind of volume for sale you see on retailer sites.

http://www.polygon.com/features/2014/5/22/5590070/steam-valve-item-trading

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    So have we all been committing crimes all this time?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited February 2015

If you've been buying from G2A and Kinguin or other resalers potentially you've been purchasing stolen property. But i have never seen one of those places linked here. The stuff that gets linked here is secondary region distributors. Nuuvem for instance gets keys from developers the same as like Gamersgate or GreenmanGaming. They just only have license to sell in the Brazilian market. IIRC there are a few for the Russian market as well. Off region primary marketers are very different than the key resellers.

Edit: but yea if you've been buying from true second hand sites you should not want steam to look too closely at your library.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Wow, things get real very quickly in VVVVVV. Such a relaxing game thing to experience after a long day at work and dealing with a screaming baby.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    homer_lurking.gif

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    I really enjoyed reading those Polygon Articles, it's a bit disheartening to see how nasty people can be just to make a little money, but it's also quite eye-opening.

Thanks for the great reads.

• Options
    EmberquickEmberquick Master of Dungeons Deep UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    I am positively quivering with anticipation for action in the Steam Battle this year. I think I picked an interesting set of traits.

WORD--I can't even begin to tell you how much fun I had with last year's Steam Battle, and this one has already set my imagination on fire.

Gaben bless you, Tiny Tim . . . er, @akajaybay ! You're doing the Lord's Overlord's work creating so much fun for all of us.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    I want to go on record as saying Bacon Fist is an excellent ship name.

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Started Dark Souls up again so that I can finally finish it. Looking at my profile, I've got 57 hours into it, but only 6 achievements. That would be because all of my progress got deleted at some point.

@Descendant X Is the loss of your progress related to the Games for Windows Live removal? If it is, you've still got a few days to convert your old save before it's too late.

• Options
    ReverseCreationsReverseCreations Registered User regular
    As, what I think is science officer of @corriganx 's ship, I promise to science all the things, like this bacon fist will be all kinds of scienced.
    @Corriganx for good science-y measure obviously. Also I swear I'm not a krieger clone in disguise.... SMOKE BOMB! *runs away*

1C54320038BDF735D2D088D168D6275F7F2FBE3C
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Wow, things get real very quickly in VVVVVV. Such a relaxing game thing to experience after a long day at work and dealing with a screaming baby.

That's how I feel about Osmos. Whenever someone describes it as a relaxing game, I know that they didn't play it past the first few levels.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    I'd made it an entire week without a random gifting.

And that is why I now no longer have anyone on my friends list on steam. I have too many games already.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Well, if I'm on Pixie's ship, I guess a new av is required to deal with the pink requirements.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Antoshka wrote: »
    Well, if I'm on Pixie's ship, I guess a new av is required to deal with the pink requirements.

Good point.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    Well, I sure regret failing to check in here is often as I used to.

Missing out on all the fun.

I will be watching this Steam Battle with great interest anyway.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Vegan wrote: »
    Idx86 wrote: »

That's how I feel about Osmos. Whenever someone describes it as a relaxing game, I know that they didn't play it past the first few levels.

I really enjoy it a lot, I can just tell it will be rage inducing.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I loved VVVVVV and I'm not a balls hard platform fan in any way. I think it was the way most screens were basically puzzles to figure out, along with the forgiving checkpoint system.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Guys... Please do me a big favor, and not buy Evolve.

http://i.imgur.com/oyDQacJ.jpg

This. This is ridiculous. It's a $60 game, and the "DLC" they're releasing is just gross. Please be strong willed and go against this greedy market shift of freemium game features in triple A titles. This is something I really, really don't want to see become a bigger trend as the industry continues to grow. So please, just, don't buy it.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Well, I was hoping to be assigned to the weapons systems, but APPARENTLY that job went to someone who prefers hugs instead of large tungsten chunks accelerated to a meaningful fraction of c. *sigh* Don't mind me, I'll just be down here cleaning the airlock... with a flamethrower.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Guys... Please do me a big favor, and not buy Evolve.

http://i.imgur.com/oyDQacJ.jpg

This. This is ridiculous. It's a $60 game, and the "DLC" they're releasing is just gross. Please be strong willed and go against this greedy market shift of freemium game features in triple A titles. This is something I really, really don't want to see become a bigger trend as the industry continues to grow. So please, just, don't buy it.
    Buy the pack and save!

I don't mind cosmetic skins too much, but Evolve's model to sell monsters/heroes for ~15 dollars is atrocious and as such they are not getting my money. There was also the app where you could ... buy stuff to speed up 'the grind'? Or something? I was too disgusted to keep reading. Nowadays you're often putting down $60 for the 'privilege' of having access to a DLC store.

Valve, hurry up with L4D3!

Alegis on
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    There's a new video showing the psychological effects of Steam sales:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFjdrrW0l2Q
    hwpnh3nneub14q9aqzoj.gif

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I wish the source audio of that wasn't still so scary and upsetting because it is otherwise super funny. Also I wish it was just Scout with his regular model in the bathroom.

This discussion has been closed.