Options

This [Steam] thread is old and broken. Go to the new one!

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    I don't specifically recall all my choices, but I'm pretty sure I'm already running @Polaritie 's crew through Security Drills.

No lunch breaks until you get that response time down by 23 seconds.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    I don't specifically recall all my choices, but I'm pretty sure I'm already running @Polaritie 's crew through Security Drills.

Dammit. I hate timed trials.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    MuddBudd wrote: »

Dammit. I hate timed trials.

This afternoon we learn how to field-strip a Phlaser Rifle.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Hail to you, Lord High Emperor @Polaritie!

The K-crew is at your beck and call. May we serve you well.
    Only the traitorous KoopahTroopah and Kanden stand against you, my lord. Let their lives be brief and painful.

• Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Awwww yissss. Me and Pixie are going to pink it the hell up in that spaceship.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Completed Witcher 2 for the second time, to refresh my memory for Witcher 3.

My body is ready.

It's really impressive how they've handled the second act in the game and how much more you pick on when you play the other path. Can really recommend a second playthrough

• Options
    Alegis wrote: »
    Completed Witcher 2 for the second time, to refresh my memory for Witcher 3.

My body is ready.

It's really impressive how they've handled the second act in the game and how much more you pick on when you play the other path. Can really recommend a second playthrough

I realize now I never actually completed my Iorveth playthrough, stopped short of finishing Act2. I'm wondering if 3 will import some decisions in which case I've started a playthrough in order to have a save ready and I'm just finishing up Act 1 but...Roche is so my bro so I'll probably go that route again.

I don't hate Iorveth, I just like Roche and his path more. Witcher 2 gets deserved high praise for being able to split its narrative after Act 1 despite still visiting the same locations.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Woo @CorriganX suicide squad!

hey wait...

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Also played around at being a Captain myself in Sunless Sea. Everything was going pretty well at first. I was gathering lots of material for my eventual memoir. But after traveling far north in search of a city my mysterious associate wanted to visit, we ventured TOO far north. Half the crew froze to death as we found ourselves sucked through space and dropped off in front of a mysterious gateway far from where we'd started. With half the crew dead and limited provisions, it was a relief to find a port on the way back to London. The nice clerics there offered us a feast to ease our hungers. It was only later we discovered we'd made cannibals of ourselves in the process. The ship took quite a beating on the long trip home from various sea creatures, but we did return home. Our generous benefactor had a favor to ask, if we could smuggle an item to another port for him. We wouldn't have gotten this far without his initial investment, so how could we refuse? We set out to deliver the goods, and I must admit we got a bit lost. In truth I did not know where the destination was other than somewhere to the northeast. With little to no food left, we were forced to return to London with the crate undelivered. A mistake I did not have long to regret, because as the goods were contraband, the port authorities siezed them. I apologized profusely to our benefactor of course, but he did not take the news well, and stabbed me to death.

Oh well, better luck next time.

I had a similar event but much earlier in my misadventures. I've since learned I may not want to accept delivery requests to places I have no idea where to find.

Yeah, I haven't quite figured out how to use the Journal to check in where these deliveries are supposed to go if I forget after initially accepting the assignment (and that's on top of usually not knowing quite where the place actually is.)

Also, the character stats are a bit opaque. I haven't figure out yet what effect increasing my Iron has versus maybe increasing my Mirrors or my Veils.

The game is incredibly atmospheric and the writing is a joy, but man alive it does not take you anywhere in a hurry. I guess that's good because my twitch skills aren't good enough for the hyperkinetic speed games. But it is more than a little pokey. :)

Upgrading my ship gun was a good decision as I can pass that upgrade along to the next captain when I (inevitably?) die.

I'm pretty sure you can find out the effects of stats by hovering over the stat numbers below your officers' portraits.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    We're going to be getting into so many fights we'll christen the ship the U Wot m8

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    We're going to be getting into so many fights we'll christen the ship the U Wot m8

Oh man, this is either gonna be awesome or hysterical.

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Regarding act 2 Iorveth: (which I quite liked)
    I dislike what Geralt does to team along with Iorveth, by killing the Temerians on the prisoner barge. At that point Geralt could still have called in Roche's help.
    I like Iorveth a lot more since playing through the act though, the first time I played through I sided with Roche.

The advantage of this path is learning more about Philippa and Saskia, and a pretty cool quest in Act 3 about the secrets of Loc Muinne.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I am positively quivering with anticipation for action in the Steam Battle this year. I think I picked an interesting set of traits.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited February 2015

With a shuttlecraft named "Hook u rite in the gabber m8 swear on me mum".

Jazz wrote: »
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Why are people saying that System Shock 2 had the first audiologs when System Shock 1 is standing right there.

System Shock 1 suffers from the same problem as Street Fighter 1; its very existence tends to get overlooked despite its admittedly illustrious successor having the ruddy great "2" suffixing its title.

I've also witnessed the same phenomenon with Grand Theft Auto 1 & 2. I had a customer once refer unironically to GTA 3 as, and I quote, "the first one".

Yes, I'm aware that Street Fighter 1 is a mere shadow of what the series would become, more so than SS or GTA. Point stands, goddammit.

Just think how bad Elder Scrolls fans have it when it comes to this sorta thing.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    This whole thing seems like a good reason to update my profile picture. Been meaning to make it match my Steam/Xbox one.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    So I'm on team @Firebird with @Berylline. I can't help but feel some sort of unease around her, though. Like in another life, she used me as a pawn to conscript and then condemn the entire universe to its doom. Eh, I'm sure it's nothing.

I guess it's sorta like last year when the main couple in that Godzilla movie played a brother and sister in a different movie.

We'll let her keep a pet, like- maybe something? I dunno, perhaps something cute and fuzzy?

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    We're going to be natural enemies of @Firebird for not accepting his gifts.

PAYBACK

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Jazz wrote: »
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Why are people saying that System Shock 2 had the first audiologs when System Shock 1 is standing right there.

System Shock 1 suffers from the same problem as Street Fighter 1; its very existence tends to get overlooked despite its admittedly illustrious successor having the ruddy great "2" suffixing its title.

I've also witnessed the same phenomenon with Grand Theft Auto 1 & 2. I had a customer once refer unironically to GTA 3 as, and I quote, "the first one".

Yes, I'm aware that Street Fighter 1 is a mere shadow of what the series would become, more so than SS or GTA. Point stands, goddammit.

Just think how bad Elder Scrolls fans have it when it comes to this sorta thing.

The first one was Oblivion, right?

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    I am gonna wreck your shit with total abandon @CorriganX.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Alegis wrote: »
    Regarding act 2 Iorveth: (which I quite liked)
    I dislike what Geralt does to team along with Iorveth, by killing the Temerians on the prisoner barge. At that point Geralt could still have called in Roche's help.
    I like Iorveth a lot more since playing through the act though, the first time I played through I sided with Roche.

The advantage of this path is learning more about Philippa and Saskia, and a pretty cool quest in Act 3 about the secrets of Loc Muinne.

In a way it makes sense since
    Geralt always tries to be a neutral party but given the right evidence/motivation/incentive/whimsy he will choose sides and woe be to the other. Since the Iorveth path in Act 2 basically becomes "screw the kingslayer, I'm a freedom fighter now," it makes sense for him to turn his back on Temeria and Roche. True, it makes it awkward when he meets up with Roche later in the Act, but seeing all the dirt digged up on Loredo I doubt Roche missed much sleep.

Although I haven't experience all of it I did enjoy Iorveth and going down his path made him a much more complete character (spending time and not killing people gives rise to understanding, who knew!?) but it would be years before I would read Game of Thrones so back then and still now having this asshole king and the politics that are way above your head was just too glorious for me to resist.

I certainly will love to learn the secrets of Loc Muinne and if anyone has my sympathy it is certainly Saskia--I just love that you never truly learn the truth about her unless you side with Iorveth. It is a testament to the complexity of the setting that we might actually care for "monsters."

Karoz on
  • Options
    Firebird wrote: »

Oh. Its on now. We will destroy all of @Firebird's crew if I have to personally throw @Berylline out of an airlock myself!

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options

Oh. Its on now. We will destroy all of @Firebird's crew if I have to personally throw @Berylline out of an airlock myself!

Hell, I just found the perfect planet to throw you in....
    SlaughteringRatPoeple.jpg

steam_sig.png

• Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    So I'm on team @Firebird with @Berylline. I can't help but feel some sort of unease around her, though. Like in another life, she used me as a pawn to conscript and then condemn the entire universe to its doom. Eh, I'm sure it's nothing.

I guess it's sorta like last year when the main couple in that Godzilla movie played a brother and sister in a different movie.

We'll let her keep a pet, like- maybe something? I dunno, perhaps something cute and fuzzy?

Yes! Bunnies for our spaceship! Stressful day? Didn't find enough resources? Less than successful communication with a native race? Crewmate died horribly? Pet a bunny! Lower your stress. <3
    I do think we should responsibly spay and neuter though. We don't want to: A. Have a horrible, heartbreaking tribble incident or B. Accidentally allow them to escape and spread havoc as in Australia.
    I am gonna wreck your shit with total abandon CorriganX.

Oh. Its on now. We will destroy all of "Firebird"'s crew if I have to personally throw Berylline out of an airlock myself!

Noted. Watch your back.

• Options

znXiifu.jpg

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    *cough* Just another gentle reminder that No One took the shields or ship repair abilities. Although some folks did take the force this fight to keep going on past it's normal duration ability.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular

Ah, Blorch. That's where my summer home is.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    *cough* Just another gentle reminder that No One took the shields or ship repair abilities. Although some folks did take the force this fight to keep going on past it's normal duration ability.

Brannagin approved.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular

Everyone's going to explode

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    Security Chief Soda Popinski reporting for duty @CorriganX

Pecks shall be flexed and fisticuffs engaged!

And fear not fellow shipmates the reports of my drinking problems have been greatly exaggerated.
    As long as there is plenty to drink, there won't be any problems!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Corrigan's ship is pretty much going to be exactly like a rowdy bunch of Scotsmen zig-zagging their way across the galaxy in search of booze and glory isn't it?

• Options
    6:56 PM - CorriganX: you're going to have to fight berry to the death
    6:56 PM - SmokeStacks: oh man
    6:56 PM - CorriganX: just remember, she hasnt had meat in years, you can overpower her
    6:56 PM - SmokeStacks: hahaha
    6:57 PM - SmokeStacks: I will use my secret fighting technique
    6:57 PM - SmokeStacks: passed down among my people
    6:57 PM - SmokeStacks: the coveted and dangerous
    6:57 PM - SmokeStacks: bacon fist

Pre-gaming some strategies. Lets do this.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Corrigan's ship is pretty much going to be exactly like a rowdy bunch of Scotsmen zig-zagging their way across the galaxy in search of booze and glory isn't it?

So we're doing it right? It sounds like we're going to be doing it right.

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Madican wrote: »

I've heard rumors their engineering officer does love his space whisky.
    It's me. I'm the engineering officer. Also, I run the transporters. :biggrin:

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    I can't really remember a damn thing about what I rolled, because I'm a blithering idiot and didn't make a note of it.

Got me some top-notch crewmates, though! Team @Firebird

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Polygon: The truth behind those mysteriously cheap gray market game codes

G2A and the like. A few folks here have mentioned using them. Are these things as sketchy as they can seem? Fascinating read.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited February 2015

Everyone's going to explode

I think I picked the perk that turns crit failss into regular fails, so maybe we'll just explode a little.

We can always detach the saucer section and jettison the warp core if need be.

edit: All hands abandon ship! I repeat, all ha-

latest?cb=20120131203321&path-prefix=en

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    6:56 PM - CorriganX: you're going to have to fight berry to the death
    6:56 PM - SmokeStacks: oh man
    6:56 PM - CorriganX: just remember, she hasnt had meat in years, you can overpower her
    6:56 PM - SmokeStacks: hahaha
    6:57 PM - SmokeStacks: I will use my secret fighting technique
    6:57 PM - SmokeStacks: passed down among my people
    6:57 PM - SmokeStacks: the coveted and dangerous
    6:57 PM - SmokeStacks: bacon fist

Pre-gaming some strategies. Lets do this.

Bacon... fist... ?

Is that what you kids are calling it these days?
    vh61sslvc121.jpg

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Those look more like bacon fingers.

Also, *drool* those look yummy.

Shimshai on
    Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I don't remember MOST of what I rolled. Team CorriganX should be a good time.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    @TeeMan Long Dark just this minute downloaded a little hotfix patch for me.

Of note for us perhaps:

* Fixed problem with wolves congregating around vehicles when player is inside.
    * Tuned AI smell detection distance for blood and raw meat.
    * Fixed AI movement speed when Investigating (reduced from Stalking speed to Walking speed).

I have a feeling that the movement speed when investigating was leading to some super escalated "Oh hey there's a wolf over there oh shit the wolf is eating me" scenarios, we'll see if that helps smooth things out a bit.

This discussion has been closed.