As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Two Best Friends Play] Video Games and I Like to Watch Them

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Pat seems to have really bad luck with Nintendo handhelds

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Dead pixels are a horrible thing and every time I get a new/upgraded handheld I take a deep breath the first time I start it up.

I've had maybe three dead pixel experiences in my life, and it's three too many.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I had a monitor with a stuck pixel once. I ran one of those refresh cycle tests to fix it. I guess I've been incredibly lucky.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    SNES best Aladdin not close Pat and Liam are chumps

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    It's well established that Pat had no childhood and cannot be trusted in such matters. Liam is too young to weigh in properly.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3M2GARCs-A

The Saturday Morning Scrublords intro is so good.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Oh god I just noticed Liam's shirt is

"KAWAII in the streets,

SENPAI in the sheets."

Criminy.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    Oh god I just noticed Liam's shirt is

"KAWAII in the streets,

SENPAI in the sheets."

Criminy.

I need to get that shirt

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I believe he got it in the mailbag, too.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Every time I use my Nintendo handhelds I fucking hate how the world just completely shits on the Vita. The Vita is superior to the 3DS in every conceivable way and yet it's the red headed step child. SMH

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Get outta here, Liam!

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I can't play Mario or Zelda on my Vita. Also, I can't close the lid and put it in my pocket.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    I really wish the Vita had a clamshell lid.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    In going to go ahead and say that the Vita is my favorite console for the past two generations. The only thing better then this would be a tablet with steam and a controller cradle.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    The Vita is the best handheld to actually hold and control games with.

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Man, if I could play Nintendo games on a Vita, that would be amazing. I hate 3D, I hate the touchscreen, and the hardware is more than capable of running all the non-gimmick things.

But it can't, so here I am with my 3ds and my 8+ games I've really enjoyed, whereas the only thing I've played on my Vita is P4 Golden

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    Every time I use my Nintendo handhelds I fucking hate how the world just completely shits on the Vita. The Vita is superior to the 3DS in every conceivable way and yet it's the red headed step child. SMH

As a piece of hardware, the Vita is really, really good. It's library is practically non-existent compared to the 3DS and DS. That's why it's the red-headed step child.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    My 3DS is the only piece of hardware I've ever bought that I was disappointed in and wish I never got.

(Especially after the whole "screen broke a couple of months after getting it and had to pay 100+ to get it fixed" thing.)

Whereas my Vita I'm always glad I did.

EDIT: It's kind of hard to describe, but to put it a different way, I don't think I've had a "oh my goodness, this is freaking awesome" moment with the 3DS yet that sold me on it.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    The Vita fixed up something that was an issue for me with the PSP, specifically, the fact that it didn't have an airtight screen. Dust would get under the faceplate constantly and it drove me nuts.

And opening the faceplate to clean it invited only more dust to get in.

Vita, I love you.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    The Vita fixed up something that was an issue for me with the PSP, specifically, the fact that it didn't have an airtight screen. Dust would get under the faceplate constantly and it drove me nuts.

And opening the faceplate to clean it invited only more dust to get in.

Vita, I love you.

This was my second-biggest complaint with my PSP. My biggest was that the battery cover wouldn't snap on properly, so if I gripped it just right, the battery would fall out. I'm pretty sure that one can't be blamed on the hardware design, though--I bought my PSP used and I'm pretty sure the guy had put an aftermarket battery in it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    do not buy a vita for portable gaming

buy a playstation tv for one hundred dollars and get access to most of the vita games that matter as well as most psp games

• Options
    What if I vastly prefer playing games wherever on a portable screen instead of stuck in front of my TV?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    then there's a really good option for portable gaming called the nintendo 3DS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVjRe8QXFHY

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3M2GARCs-A

The Saturday Morning Scrublords intro is so good.

Oh god, when they're all singing Duel of the Fates at the end.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Hullis wrote: »
    then there's a really good option for portable gaming called the nintendo 3DS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVjRe8QXFHY

But I can't play Sony games on that, you see.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    This week on the Friendcast, we'll be joined by special guest Guy Cihi from Silent Hill 2!

Apparently he tried to get in contact with them for both their SH2 playthrough and his own SH2 playthrough. Fans noticed this and quickly got their attention.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    I guess that'll be the first podcast from these guys I'll listen to.

If I like it, I'll go back and listen to previous episodes.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Hullis wrote: »
    do not buy a vita for portable gaming

buy a playstation tv for one hundred dollars and get access to most of the vita games that matter as well as most psp games

Having gotten one during the Radioshack sale, it is indeed a hell of a bargain.

I especially love the suspend/resume feature, something the PS4 still hasn't implemented.

Just be sure you're playing with a PS4 controller.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    Guy also called the show 'Two Guys Play' which is either a really cute mistake or a hilarious joke.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    The 3ds resolution is what? 290p or something manner like that?

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I too wish my wonderful Vita hardware could play all my wonderful DS/3DS games.
    and I bought P4G The Golden Edition, which transformed my Vita into a clamshell.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I guess that'll be the first podcast from these guys I'll listen to.

If I like it, I'll go back and listen to previous episodes.

It's a long podcast (sometimes approaching 3 hours). If I were to give a critical breakdown of it, I'd say it's tough to recommend to people who don't just like hearing them hang out and chat because the really entertaining and/or informative bits are interspersed among sprawling "this is what I did with my week" chatter and video game news recaps. I personally find it worth it, but 2-3 hours is a big chunk of time to devote, and the news part doesn't usually even start until 40 minutes in, so I could understand why people wouldn't be interested.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I happen to know a little something about 3+ hour podcasts filled with nerds talking about things. :)

• Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    tumblr_njxo8rxDeT1qmbnyco1_1280.png

My n3ds had a dead pixel. Specifically my MH4 LE n3ds. So when I started googling around to see what people did with them, one of the first pages to come up on google were Pat's dead pixel twitter rants. Which was funny, but then I remembered I had pixels to be angry at.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    Exchange it. Most stores will swap out the handheld on the spot.

Then again the console is in short supply....

• Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Limited edition. There's nothin out there to exchange it with. Its off in repair land for a three week mandatory unpaid vacation.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that, but it'll be worth it.

Dead pixels are a horrible, evil thing that no one should tolerate.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Geno whirl left eye! No. Geno whirl right eye! No. Geno whirl Neosquid! No. Guess we'll just wail on Exor.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I take it Pat and Woolie do not have love for Biker Mice from Mars.

This is one of the best episodes of BFP EVER, if you ask me. Lots of chuckles and cool talk about varied subjects.

For example, did you know that
    the creator of Jojo is a BIG fan of Clint Eastwood and that he met the latter, who then imitated one of the more famous (and non-campy) poses from the manga?!
    I had no idea. Awesome stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTlAhDl2HPQ

Absalon on
This discussion has been closed.