Options

[WREST-LING] HAPP-ENED clap-clap clap-clap-clap

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Graves could have phrased it better but he means well

but yeah one day the women's championship will be back and roll ups will be booed out of the building

because Stephanie McMahon
    I mean

You're not wrong

But "one day it'll be better" is like the weakest consolation

Vince McMahon ain't stopping till he's dead and who knows when that'll happen

And unless he does a total shocking move and acknowledges shit is fucked if #GiveDivasAChance being a worldwide trend for over a day and getting headlines and one of their top women talents openly critiquing the brand aren't enough to get his attention I doubt anything will

I don't even think it's Vince that's the problem. Vince will put anything on TV if he thinks he can make money off of it.

The problem is you have guys like Kevin Dunn, who are on record as being against the Divas, in high positions where they can influence Vince and get him to be against the Divas.

The big issue is getting those guys out of power and having more people with open minds in high positions to influence Vince. That's where finding a way to keep a guy like Paul Heyman around once Lesnar leaves is so critical, because he has such a good mind for the business that it would be critical to at least not have him on in a consulting role.

When HHH & Steph take over for Vince, they can give him Kevin Dunn's job.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    there's no reason they can't regularly have a two segment match (with a commercial), there are more than one of those per show and it's not always the most interesting matches.

basically they should get as much time as the tag division which is an assumed long match per night with sometimes another shorter one, based on what I have noticed on raw since I've been watching. that's not counting the many 6 man tags over the last 2 or 3 years.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I would love it if all the sudden they had one or two long Divas matches per week. But this Twitter campaign won't turn around how they do things overnight.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    And, reminder that people were saying that Vince and the other execs don't give a shit about Twitter and don't care about #GiveDivasAChance like just a page or two ago yet we now have both him and Steph acknowledging that they're aware of the issue

So it is probably time to stop assuming what Vince will "never" do because we clearly don't know, what we do know is that the outcry worked, at least in so far as getting WWE's attention on the issue, and it shouldn't just be dropped or let go if they do half-assed cosolations like a 5 minute minimum

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I just want to say Blank.

You joining the wrestle thread has been one of the best things.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Paige/Natalya/Naomi triple-threat 20 min match on Raw for #1 contender would be a good start

Xehalus on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    And, reminder that people were saying that Vince and the other execs don't give a shit about Twitter and don't care about #GiveDivasAChance like just a page or two ago yet we now have both him and Steph acknowledging that they're aware of the issue

So it is probably time to stop assuming what Vince will "never" do because we clearly don't know, what we do know is that the outcry worked, at least in so far as getting WWE's attention on the issue, and it shouldn't just be dropped or let go if they do half-assed cosolations like a 5 minute minimum

If Vince "caves" to a Twitter campaign in his mind that will give power to something only HE should have.

• Options
    MrDapper wrote: »
    I just want to say Blank.

You joining the wrestle thread has been one of the best things.
    awwww

I am glad I have fallen down this insane, terrible, wonderful rabbit hole with you all

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

If Vince "caves" to a Twitter campaign in his mind that will give power to something only HE should have.
    You can not read Vince McMahon's thoughts dude

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Graves could have phrased it better but he means well

but yeah one day the women's championship will be back and roll ups will be booed out of the building

because Stephanie McMahon
    I mean

You're not wrong

But "one day it'll be better" is like the weakest consolation

Vince McMahon ain't stopping till he's dead and who knows when that'll happen

And unless he does a total shocking move and acknowledges shit is fucked if #GiveDivasAChance being a worldwide trend for over a day and getting headlines and one of their top women talents openly critiquing the brand aren't enough to get his attention I doubt anything will

I don't even think it's Vince that's the problem. Vince will put anything on TV if he thinks he can make money off of it.

The problem is you have guys like Kevin Dunn, who are on record as being against the Divas, in high positions where they can influence Vince and get him to be against the Divas.

The big issue is getting those guys out of power and having more people with open minds in high positions to influence Vince. That's where finding a way to keep a guy like Paul Heyman around once Lesnar leaves is so critical, because he has such a good mind for the business that it would be critical to at least not have him on in a consulting role.

When HHH & Steph take over for Vince, they can give him Kevin Dunn's job.

God if only....

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    EDIT: Sorry, Blank. In rereading your post I was putting a lot more into it than you were putting out.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Do we want to do Mania 16 or 2 tomorrow? Personally I'd go with 2.

I was going to do 16 since we just watched 15. Then do 1 and 2. Might as well keep the close ones in the right order.
    Oh my god that Axel bit.
    Axel now has a clock that shows how long he's been in the Royal Rumble.

I love it. It needs to stay at the bottom of the screen the entire time he's out.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    I want a Nexus-style run in on Roman Reigns and John Cena by the entire Women's Division that ends with them spray painting
    Gender-Symbol_Female_dark_transparent_Background.png
    in the ring and lighting it on fire before walking out

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Speaking of Nakamura here's his birthday present from BRUCE THARPE DESU:

10993084_784641721612472_5161179647142316007_n.jpg?oh=8ba4735b39a392d3c3a84e8ee15b3737&oe=55879C07&__gda__=1435507309_6e4f42f6998313d65edce48084f9b818

I'm assuming this all comes from a twitter interaction they had a little while ago, where Nakamura just wanted Tharpe's jacket. It was truly amazing.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

I mean

Just because he's aware of something doesn't mean he'll actually do something about it or perceive it as a problem (see: #CancelWWENetwork). Hell, last year they took the #HijackRaw movement and made it a storyline.

I have to assume Vince figures he can just outlast any disappointment in parts of his product, which, if I'm being totally honest, isn't a bad strategy on his part if he believes he's in the right. History has proven he can do that and get away with it because the majority of wrestling fans these days are lifers in one way or another, and his mentality of WWE being a variety show has him thinking that if you don't like one thing then there might be something else that will keep your attention.

It sucks and I hate it and it'll forever be a criticism of WWE but with the main roster shows having to cater to such a wide audience Vince really can just pretend to placate a small subsection whenever it feels slighted in some way while still going about his business.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    EDIT: Sorry, Blank. In rereading your post I was putting a lot more into it than you were putting out.
    Haha I actually caught that before the edit

Sorry if I am coming across as really aggressive, I've talked about this with my friends a bunch and am very passionate about it

Not trying to be a dick or anything, I just want this thing I really like to be something I can enjoy without having this giant WELL EXCEPT THE WOMEN'S DIVISION IS A JOKE albatross hanging from it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

I mean

Just because he's aware of something doesn't mean he'll actually do something about it or perceive it as a problem (see: #CancelWWENetwork). Hell, last year they took the #HijackRaw movement and made it a storyline.

I have to assume Vince figures he can just outlast any disappointment in parts of his product, which, if I'm being totally honest, isn't a bad strategy on his part if he believes he's in the right. History has proven he can do that and get away with it because the majority of wrestling fans these days are lifers in one way or another, and his mentality of WWE being a variety show has him thinking that if you don't like one thing then there might be something else that will keep your attention.

It sucks and I hate it and it'll forever be a criticism of WWE but with the main roster shows having to cater to such a wide audience Vince really can just pretend to placate a small subsection whenever it feels slighted in some way while still going about his business.

Vince has never made money making the Internet happy.

• Options

I mean

Oh I agree

Vince could just be saying empty platitudes and waiting for it to die out, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what he is doing

That's why I think people shouldn't let it go, keep reminding them that it aint acceptable anymore

Basically I never use my Twitter but will absolutely revive that dead account to tweet next week if there is another joke of a match and I will be very happy if #GiveDivasAChance starts trending again

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

I mean

You don't think he's made any money off of CM Punk or Daniel Bryan?

• Options

I mean

Daniel Bryan

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Daniel Bryan and Punk made him money because they got accepted by the mainstream audience.

The Internet crowd is not the mainstream even if they have the loudest, most passionate voice.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

I mean

Daniel Bryan

clapclap clapclapclap

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

I mean

That's the thing. Nobody's trying to say they're reading his thoughts. It's just, the dude's acted a certain way for what, at least 3 straight decades now. At some point, what you expect out of him doesn't equal what is shown by absolutely every piece of evidence and everything every former worker has uttered about the man. He doesn't pander, he admits when he's wrong about a certain thing once and then if it happens again it's somebody else's fault, and he thinks it's a weakness to sneeze. That's Vince, and at some point you have to accept that.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

yeah, blank is kind of a tease

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Daniel Bryan and Punk made him money because they got accepted by the mainstream audience.

The Internet crowd is not the mainstream even if they have the loudest, most passionate voice.

Who do you think subscribes to the Network if it's not the loudest, most passionate voices of the internet crowd?

• Options
    The Internet crowd right now has the strongest presence it's ever had no doubt. But it's still not enough to inact lasting change.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I mean, it's not 2004 anymore, in this day and age the "Internet Crowd" is everyone

Who do you think they're trying to sell the network to?

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Daniel Bryan and Punk made him money because he got accepted by the mainstream audience.

Are you saying that the backlash of giving the Women a chance to wrestle a for real match twice a week for the same length as the men would piss off the mainstream fans that much?

I really don't see the downside of this at all

Raw is already a padded out poorly paced mess most of the time and Smackdown is a 2 hour recap of Raw

If they just cut 10 minutes out of the hour long intro or cut a Fandango match or whatever the heck they want to trim what do they lose? Nothing! Fans aren't going to be pissed that Roman Reigns talked slightly less or that HHH talked about being best for business for 20 minutes instead of 30, and in exchange we get actual women's wrestling that can get more mainstream fans interested because these sports entertainers actually get a chance to do their jobs and show people that, given the chance, they can be just as impressive and entertaining as the men

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Magell wrote: »

Who do you think subscribes to the Network if it's not the loudest, most passionate voices of the internet crowd?

If Vince really thought that was the case Bryan would have won at Fastlane.

• Options
    Kilroy wrote: »

yeah, blank is kind of a tease
    http://youtu.be/4m1EFMoRFvY

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Daniel Bryan and Punk made him money because he got accepted by the mainstream audience.

Are you saying that the backlash of giving the Women a chance to wrestle a for real match twice a week for the same length as the men would piss off the mainstream fans that much?

I really don't see the downside of this at all

Raw is already a padded out poorly paced mess most of the time and Smackdown is a 2 hour recap of Raw

If they just cut 10 minutes out of the hour long intro or cut a Fandango match or whatever the heck they want to trim what do they lose? Nothing! Fans aren't going to be pissed that Roman Reigns talked slightly less or that HHH talked about being best for business for 20 minutes instead of 30, and in exchange we get actual women's wrestling that can get more mainstream fans interested because these sports entertainers actually get a chance to do their jobs and show people that, given the chance, they can be just as impressive and entertaining as the men

I didn't mean to say it would piss off the mainstream crowd. But Vince and the top brass clearly think it won't help either.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Those people on Twitter ARE the common, mainstream fans.

Just like how everyone is a gamer now, every wrestling fan is an Internet fan

• Options
    You can not read Vince McMahon's thoughts dude

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Those people on Twitter ARE the common, mainstream fans.

Just like how everyone is a gamer now, every wrestling fan is an Internet fan

Internet fan? Sure. Internet wrestling fan? No.

• Options
    Yeah HHH literally said that every fan is a "smark" now on Austin's podcast

Everyone is an Internet fan who keeps up with the product on their to some degree

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I want a Nexus-style run in on Roman Reigns and John Cena by the entire Women's Division that ends with them spray painting

I saw this image and got excited because I thought it was a quidditch hoop.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    facetious wrote: »

I saw this image and got excited because I thought it was a quidditch hoop.
    Ah so you have read my Hogwarts/NXT fanfiction

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Yeah HHH literally said that every fan is a "smark" now on Austin's podcast

Everyone is an Internet fan who keeps up with the product on their to some degree

I'm talking about the type of fan who watches New Japan or even NXT.

• Options
    I just think it is bonkers to treat giving the Women one single full-length match is a big deal at all

If Raw was super tightly paced and plotted I'd agree but it is a giant mess that regularly goes 60-80 minutes before a single match starts

There is room for, like, 3 proper women's matches on Raw before they would be actually cutting into worthwhile plot development or matches

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.