As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Always Be [Chat]ting

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Sup fuckholes.

My massive database project got done last night (32 tables with tons of keys).

I hate Access. Why can't we use Oracle. SQL Server or MySQL or MariaDB or ...

@Delmain those too.

Entering data in Access is fucking horrible.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    who hasn't had a dream where they are squirrel girl

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I made an Access database for my A Level computing coursework.

I don't recommend it.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    woke up at four thinking there were cigarettes everywhere
    new depression med
    freaked out the bf
    should go away by week two I expect
    man brain chemistry is weiiiiiird

indeed

when I upped the dose of my meds it started giving me the weirdest dreams

Like, last night I dreamt I was fighting against Sauron in Middle Earth, but he was tiny -- like the size of a small cat. In addition to the elven and dwarven rings, I also had a battalion of squirrels, and we kicked his ass.
    okay glad im not going crazier
    :P
    googling sideffects was the worst idea at 4 am
    I was like BABE I HAVE PRESIEZURES AND ALSO IM GOING TO DIE

• Options
    Sometimes I think I'm a fraudster programmer because between some logo programming in primary school and the first year of university I did no coding.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Oh man that is definitely some snow outside.

*sips coffee, does nothing*

• Options
    Incidentally logo programming is the bomb.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Oh jesus, the wife of a billionaire is asking for $1 million per month in alimony and child support. The total includes $160k/month for hotel fees and $300k/month for private transportation, plus $14k/month for groceries and dining.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    h44k0rf9s01b.jpg

this hat is mine; putting it on ice until Halloween.

checklist for Sexy Republican:

1. Lapel pin
    2. Tiny American flag
    3. Bespoke suit
    4. ???

Crucifix pin or necklace

Hair mousse

I would go more gold cross pin than crucifix - Catholics are kind of divided on the whole republican thing, but those southern baptists? They have been pretty much 100% in the red since the 60s.

Sexy republican? Hmmmmm.... Are you going for something to be taken seriously or are you trying to put a joke costume together?

If It's a joke costume, then I would consider an off-color spray tan or a turtle beak/shell combo to go with the aforementioned accoutrements.

If the "sexy" is more important, maybe get one of those fake elephant trunks and position it south of the border?

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    new depression med
    freaked out the bf

indeed

Like, last night I dreamt I was fighting against Sauron in Middle Earth, but he was tiny -- like the size of a small cat. In addition to the elven and dwarven rings, I also had a battalion of squirrels, and we kicked his ass.

Yeah, when I was researching my symptoms of what eventually was diagnosed as precordial catch syndrome (a totally benign neuromuscular thing), I wasn't completely unconvinced I didn't have terminal MS.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

I don't recommend it.

I had to do it with SQL.

Which is good, because SQL is kinda cool, but hand jamming about 250 records with multiple fields because you can't do multiple values with INSERT INTO in Access was just... oh god... the horror...

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    new depression med
    freaked out the bf

indeed

Yeah, when I was researching my symptoms of what eventually was diagnosed as precordial catch syndrome (a totally benign neuromuscular thing), I wasn't completely unconvinced I didn't have terminal MS.
    Yeah. Then I was like THIS MIGHT AFFECT DOPAMINE AND FAMILY HISTORY OF SCHIZ IT MEANS IM SCHIZ BETTER TAKE THE INVERTED MASK TEST
    PASSED THE TEST IM NOT

what I am doing is neurotic I am going back to sleep

That was my morning!

<3

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

I don't recommend it.

Access CAN be a great platform for building a fast and dynamic environment where you can quickly roll out changes to your client base with a minimal amount of coding.

Just NEVER fucking use their database for anything more than a personal project.

I have a client that is using an Access MDE I built a decade ago that is managing 10,000 patient records with well over a hundred thousand visits and over a million ICD9 codes and a shitload of other data... because Access is the client, and Microsoft SQL Server is the database.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options

I don't recommend it.

I had to do it with SQL.

Which is good, because SQL is kinda cool, but hand jamming about 250 records with multiple fields because you can't do multiple values with INSERT INTO in Access was just... oh god... the horror...

VBA solution:

1) instantiate temp table with identical fields, no key
    2) import external data from CSV into table
    3) copy all rows into existing table, allowing the autonumber or timestamped primary key on the existing table to mark them up
    4) drop temp table

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    syndalis wrote: »

I don't recommend it.

I had to do it with SQL.

VBA solution:

1) instantiate temp table with identical fields, no key
    2) import external data from CSV into table
    3) copy all rows into existing table, allowing the autonumber or timestamped primary key on the existing table to mark them up
    4) drop temp table

Well, it's an SQL class, but the university requires Access instead of Oracle or any other database. I wish I had the ability to BULK INSERT.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    [img]http://cd8ba0b44a15c10065fd-24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.r23.cf1.rack cdn.com/pennyarcade.vanillaforums.com/editor/q5/h44k0rf9s01b.jpg[/img]

this hat is mine; putting it on ice until Halloween.

checklist for Sexy Republican:

1. Lapel pin
    2. Tiny American flag
    3. Bespoke suit
    4. ???

Crucifix pin or necklace

Hair mousse

I don't think hair mousse will work if he's wearing the hat

Hair so stiff the hat sits on it

I can't really tan but I would love to be able to get my hair and skin to be the same color, like when it's obvious Karl Rove has been on a cruise

a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    new depression med
    freaked out the bf

indeed

Yeah. Then I was like THIS MIGHT AFFECT DOPAMINE AND FAMILY HISTORY OF SCHIZ IT MEANS IM SCHIZ BETTER TAKE THE INVERTED MASK TEST
    PASSED THE TEST IM NOT

what I am doing is neurotic I am going back to sleep

That was my morning!

<3

That's awful but kinda funny.

Sorry for both <3

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

I don't recommend it.

Access CAN be a great platform for building a fast and dynamic environment where you can quickly roll out changes to your client base with a minimal amount of coding.

Just NEVER fucking use their database for anything more than a personal project.

I have a client that is using an Access MDE I built a decade ago that is managing 10,000 patient records with well over a hundred thousand visits and over a million ICD9 codes and a shitload of other data... because Access is the client, and Microsoft SQL Server is the database.

Exactly.

• Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    I will bring the sexy to the costume, no need to invest in that aspect of the ensemble

just need knickknacks and the like (spray-on tanning stuff is perfect; does that stuff wash off without too much dificulty...?)

a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    Baconbaconbaconbaconbaconbacon

• Options
    Eggseggseggseggseggseggseggseggseggseggseggseggs

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Hmm, papers reporting that Putin is contemplating switching off European gas over Ukraine.

While a fairly potent threat, it feels like the wrong time to make it, since the coming season should mean European gas demand isn't as high as in winter months. Unless I'm totally wrong about how Europe uses its gas.

It would be a poor choice for Russia to make american LNG export/import infrastructure a thing worth creating.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

Airport here is reporting that we have a total of 5.3 feet of snow on the ground at present in total accumulation from our storms. That of course doesn't take into account the drifting effect where we will see sections even higher. Like my front yard where in spots it is over 6 feet now.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    whoop.s got here, and my boss says because the snow is so bad I don't need to come here today

fuck me

although <3 WRX for getting me here

• Options
    redx wrote: »
    Hmm, papers reporting that Putin is contemplating switching off European gas over Ukraine.

While a fairly potent threat, it feels like the wrong time to make it, since the coming season should mean European gas demand isn't as high as in winter months. Unless I'm totally wrong about how Europe uses its gas.

It would be a poor choice for Russia to make american LNG export/import infrastructure a thing worth creating.

So he'd totally do it then.

I think Europe, i.e. the EU, are looking to wean themselves off Russian gas, so it's probably a Russian card that is less powerful the longer he waits. You're right that's a short term shock with probable long term negative consequences.

And if Europe aren't at least thinking about where they're getting their energy from, frankly that's really foolish.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Abdhyius DemonStacey I went to the first concert of that green-haired singer y'all liked

she was really really good and not that many people were there so I fanboyed (fuckboyed?) out real hard and apparently we have some mutual friends and I'm in love

sFxjUADl.jpg

I love that you keep track of who mentioned they found someone attractive.

Keep it in a little notebook for safe keeping to reference at later times.

@Eddy So when are you going to introduce her to me?

• Options

Isn't their economy already taking a hit from shenanigans over Ukraine? Wouldn't this just kind of exacerbate that?

• Options
    Gonmun wrote: »

Airport here is reporting that we have a total of 5.3 feet of snow on the ground at present in total accumulation from our storms. That of course doesn't take into account the drifting effect where we will see sections even higher. Like my front yard where in spots it is over 6 feet now.

Yeah we have almost two inches!

• Options

Isn't their economy already taking a hit from shenanigans over Ukraine? Wouldn't this just kind of exacerbate that?

Could be a boast to the interior. Reinforces the Putin stronk meme in Russian Media to punish Europe for meddling and helps boost his popularity.

• Options
    thanks for reminding me, quid

now I have omelette

• Options
    The bacon meme kinda passed me by.

Like, I'll eat bacon if offered but I rarely go out of my way to get any.

I'm more a Sausage and Egg guy.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    @eddy why have you forsaken me!!!!???

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

I'm going to smack you with my shovel.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    oh hello Gonmun

• Options
    I remember another forumer who would get italicized a lot

nexus

• Options
    There was a bacon meme?

• Options
    I remember another forumer who would get italicized a lot

nexus

that's mainly @Irond Will cursing my superior good looks and dapper persona

• Options
    There was a bacon meme?

Less a meme and more a general consensus that bacon is the best thing ever.

• Options

I'm going to smack you with my shovel.

Well, okay, but be careful on your way here it's nasty out.

• Options
    bacon_strips_by_light_of_heavens-d3do1w3.png

This discussion has been closed.