As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steam: It's really steamy!

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I guess I can see that, but the core gameplay is so satisfying to me (more in Terraria than Starbound, although Starbound is getting there) that I'm like WHATEVER I GOT ROCKET BOOTS WOO

strongly considering restarting the Terraria server I had going a while back...

Dooo eeet! I'll join you.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Is there a PA social club for Unity?

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Is the Dragonball game out?

Heck yeah

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    gtrmp wrote: »
    the Steamworks update to Resident Evil 5 will apparently be adding in all of the game's the previously console-exclusive DLC, including the Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape campaigns

Huh, you can actually see some devs and the achievements they got for testing via the leaderboards link, cool.

Also, the Dead Rising 2 achievements appeared as well? GET HYPE

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Ahaha @DaMoonRulz you sneaky generous bastard
    uEy82RF.jpg

Thank you!

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    The deer god looks soooo pretty

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options

Is that still in early access?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Social Justice Warriors released on Steam

this should sprout some delicious user reviews

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »

Is that still in early access?

Nope!

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Ooh, I can't wait for those RE5/DR2 Steamworks updates. Been meaning to play those for a while but didn't want to deal with GFWL.

• Options
    Ooh, I can't wait for those RE5/DR2 Steamworks updates. Been meaning to play those for a while but didn't want to deal with GFWL.

I hope the RE5 update coincides with a sale, I got a buddy ready for some coop action

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    motherfucker, i really want to get dynasty warriors 8 empires....................

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    What are the Legacy of Kain games? How do they play? Are they any good? Should I get them from the Humble Bundle store?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    uhhh @Uriel

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular

Heck yeah

bZGyNMo.jpg

Yes

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Heck yeah

bZGyNMo.jpg

Yes

I love people like Shaman of Cum

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ManishtushuManishtushu Registered User regular

My favourite was the one claiming it was actually about ethics in video game journalism.

• Options
    edited February 2015

My favourite was the one claiming it was actually about ethics in video game journalism.

The "most helpful" reviewer states that he was disappointed, because he "was hoping to fight other things on the internet like feminazis"

e: that and the up/down vote tendencies are pretty much the ultimate proof that steam user reviews are hardly better than (youtube) comment sections and will never play into my decision whether or not to check out a game. I actually wish I could remove the user review icon from steam, it seems to sort games by that sometimes

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    The shaman of cum is me

People love taking pictures near my big black namekian in a pink gi

• Options
    The game rules for screenshotting

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    gtrmp wrote: »
    the Steamworks update to Resident Evil 5 will apparently be adding in all of the game's the previously console-exclusive DLC, including the Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape campaigns

It'd be really funny if they don't actually intend on releasing the DLC on PC with this update, but added the achievements by mistake.

If the DLC is actually finally getting a PC release, I'll totally play RE5 again.

EDIT: Okay, that level of pessimism is unnecessary. There are leaderboard entries and achievement unlocks on the dev accounts that points towards the DLC being present.

Peewi on
  • Options
    I imagine it may be like when they ported Bioshock 2 to Steamworks, they just throw the DLC in for free?

I still kinda hope they bring Bulletstorm to Steamworks. Still wanna play that multiplayer.

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    I imagine it may be like when they ported Bioshock 2 to Steamworks, they just throw the DLC in for free?

The Bioshock 2 DLC was already on PC, though; it was just on GFWL instead of Steam. The RE5 DLC was never on PC before, and would take a little more work to bring it over.

• Options

I still kinda hope they bring Bulletstorm to Steamworks. Still wanna play that multiplayer.

God that reminds me
    Bioshock 2...curse you, endless backlog

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »
    What are the Legacy of Kain games? How do they play? Are they any good? Should I get them from the Humble Bundle store?
    I dunno how well they would hold up minus nostalgia IMO

but if you wanna try them I'd suggest the soul reaver games and defiance, the blood omen games aren't that great and only really fill small holes in the overall plot.

The important thing to remember from blood omen one going into soul reaver
    Is that Kain was the new scion of balance and could have restored the pillars and saved all of humanity by sacrificing himself. But he chose to doom the pillars and rule Nosgoth with a vampire empire.

• Options
    I think I would really enjoy the Dragonball game, but the price tag is putting me off

What to do, what to do

• Options
    I passed on Atilla because I only played Rome for less than 20 hours despite everyone saying that it's much more fun than Rome

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Hey guys, wouldn't it be cool if someone took homeworld 1 and 2 and gave them updated graphics then rereleased them on steam? OH WAIT THEY DID!

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Those games are amazing still

• Options

God that reminds me

I actually quite liked Bioshock 2 by the end. Not for the story so much as the gameplay improvements, though.

• Options

God that reminds me

I actually quite liked Bioshock 2 by the end. Not for the story so much as the gameplay improvements, though.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    don't read any comments by hardcore homeworld 1 fans though

unless being identical to the original is super important to you

broken image link
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

Nah those people are dumb. Rereleasing games is about making them playable now, not trying to produce some sort of museum exhibit.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    No Kadeshis Allowed

broken image link
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Good thing they can still play the original!

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

The game IS pretty buggy though and lots of things either don't work at all or don't work quite like they should, and there's lots of game breaking bugs and crashes. Besides that though, yeah it's fantastic. Beautiful as hell, from what little I was able to play of it (only the tutorial, because whenever I try and start a normal game it crashes)

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Finally got around to finishing Transistor.

I think I liked it more than Bastion.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Baidol wrote: »
    Finally got around to finishing Transistor.

I think I liked it more than Bastion.

I don't understand how you can.

I much preferred Bastion's straightforward story presentation.

I like that you are rewarded more story stuff for using all of the abilities in transistor but since they are just text I didn't really read one the entire game. I think I would have loved it if they were narrated to you audiobook style at least.

Also Transistor was way harder, whenever I experimented with new powers it became almost impossible to progress due to not having the stuff I found to be The Best.

That said I probably dig the art and music more than bastion. Which is saying a lot because I ADORED Bastions art and it's music was amazing.

Tallahasseeriel on
This discussion has been closed.