As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steam: It's really steamy!

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »
    you get to taste onions... all the time!

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT'S BAD ABOUT IT!

But onions are awesome so I like being able to taste them all the time. Same for garlic, my wife and I love that shit. If a recipe calls for one clove we'll the in the whole bulb. Taste garlic for hours.

Are you of Italian descent

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I wonder if I should try this bright lord DLC for Shadows of mordor.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    you get to taste onions... all the time!

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT'S BAD ABOUT IT!

But onions are awesome so I like being able to taste them all the time. Same for garlic, my wife and I love that shit. If a recipe calls for one clove we'll throw in the whole bulb. Taste garlic for hours.

I'm with you on garlic. Garlic is the best, and there is no such thing as too much garlic (roast an entire bulb and put that shit on breeeaaaaad), but ONIONMOUTH IS THE WORST

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE A GOKU

• Options
    Wait
    isn't there a DBZ character named garlic? We've come full circle

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Had to explain to some co-workers yesterday what all the visual novels popping up on steam are.
    Choose your own adventure with anime girls and only 6 choices was the best I could come up with.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Apparently one of the voice options in DBZ Xenoverse is that of Abridged Series Nappa.

For all that's good in this world there must be a Let's Play with Takahata101 for Xenoverse while playing as Nappa with the AS Nappa voice and providing Nappa voice commentary. Citizen Nappa.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Syphyre wrote: »
    Had to explain to some co-workers yesterday what all the visual novels popping up on steam are.
    Choose your own adventure with anime girls and only 6 choices was the best I could come up with.

Magical Diary is the best visual novel on Steam, FYI.

Of course it's American-made and not a pure visual novel game, because it has some light RPG elements to it.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Sid Meier's Starships is out March 12, for $15

That is not many dollars.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Of course it's American-made and not a pure visual novel game, because it has some light RPG elements to it.

Analogue is also pretty good. As is the sequel, Hate Plus.

Of course, they're both made in Canada, so that's a thing.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

To Be or Not To Be is fantastic. I'm not sure where it was made.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

To Be or Not To Be is fantastic. I'm not sure where it was made.
    I kind of want to say "Canada", since that's where Ryan North is from, but I don't know where the game devs are from so

Hatoful Boyfriend counts as a Visual Novel, right? Because it's pretty damn good.

And the best VNs have at least, like, ten choices.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Also, it's kind of a hybrid Visual Novel+Raising Sim but Long Live the Queen (a.k.a. anime Game of Thrones) is excellent

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    So the leaked Hotline Miami 2 DLC for Payday 2 was revealed officially today.
    Buying HM2 gets you a set of masks in Payday. Buying the special edition gets you the Jacket Character Pack, which gives you a new SMG, 6 new masks, a hammer, a new perk deck, and Jacket as a playable character.
    I didn't think they'd actually add him to Payday. I was wrong. He doesn't talk, he uses a tape recorder with a ton of recorded phrases to talk for him:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxbnr_4OW44

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/hotlinemiami2/

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Oh, and if you live in Australia and can't buy Hotline 2?
    Q: I live in Australia and Hotline Miami 2 is banned here. How can I enjoy this content for PAYDAY 2?
    A: Those of you who are Australians are free to send an e-mail to info@overkillsoftware.com with the subject line “Australian Heister calling in”. In the e-mail, please attach a scanned copy of your passport or ID that identifies you as an Australian. You will then be sent a special code that unlocks the content to you for free.

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    So there's a Shelter 2? I really should try the first one out...

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Q: I live in Australia and Hotline Miami 2 is banned here. How can I enjoy this content for PAYDAY 2?
    A: Those of you who are Australians are free to send an e-mail to info@overkillsoftware.com with the subject line “Australian Heister calling in”. In the e-mail, please attach a scanned copy of your passport or ID that identifies you as an Australian. You will then be sent a special code that unlocks the content to you for free.

That sounds like a really bad idea

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Wwwhhhhhy?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Wwwhhhhhy?

Sending copies of core government documentation (passport!!!) via unencrypted email to a destination with basically zero security guarantees.

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    it's ok geth's on the case

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Fuck

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Just open paint and block out the important info.

broken image link
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Send it as a word document with floating black boxes over important info.

Here's some more tips and tricks: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/186568/Nuclear-sub-secrets-revealed-by-MoD-schoolboy-error
    http://www.securityfocus.com/news/51

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    So the leaked Hotline Miami 2 DLC for Payday 2 was revealed officially today.
    Buying HM2 gets you a set of masks in Payday. Buying the special edition gets you the Jacket Character Pack, which gives you a new SMG, 6 new masks, a hammer, a new perk deck, and Jacket as a playable character.
    I didn't think they'd actually add him to Payday. I was wrong. He doesn't talk, he uses a tape recorder with a ton of recorded phrases to talk for him:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxbnr_4OW44

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/hotlinemiami2/

I don't really want Hotline Miami 2, but those are some cool masks and the idea that Jacket carries around a tape recorder with all the phrases on it sounds cool.

But yeah, not paying $15+ for the Payday 2 swag.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    It's neat how many connections to other properties the Payday people have managed to get. John Wick is a playable character in it ffs. It's too bad they didn't get Keanu Reeves to voice him, but still.

• Options
    So Homeworld is pretty cool and looks great.
    But uh, is it also known for being really, really hard? I can't even seem to beat the second mission o_0

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    But uh, is it also known for being really, really hard? I can't even seem to beat the second mission o_0

I tried playing it in high school, and couldn't make it past the second mission

But I'm also laughably terrible at RTSes so, who knows

• Options

It's weird. Resources are pretty scarce, and my interceptor units don't seem to damage the enemy capital ship at all. So I thought to myself, screw that, instead of sending the probe to the derelict ship, I'll chill out, research corvette tech and gather resources.
    Except that the enemy attack is on a timer, so probe or no probe, shit gets real pretty fast. Either way, the endless stream of enemy fighters/corvettes slowly but surely beats my fleet, which I can't reinforce because there's no money. And their capital ship takes (next to?) no damage.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I remember a protip for Homeworld was to not go to the next mission until you had mined every resource from the current one

• Options
    Hm!
    Aight, let's start this shit over

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    for your consideration: why did it take us more than a decade to make a space game more beautiful than Homeworld, and why is it permissible that when we finally did it was only by rereleasing Homeworld

• Options
    for your consideration: why did it take us more than a decade to make a space game more beautiful than Homeworld, and why is it permissible that when we finally did it was only by rereleasing Homeworld

Ahem. Freelancer!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular

One of the infamous aspects of Homeworld which IIRC nobody figured out until some time after the game's release is that the game's difficulty scales relative to how many ships you bring with you from one mission to the next. As a result, if you do really well in the early missions it can become unwinnable because the AI gets ridiculously huge fleets later on

I don't know if the remastering changed or removed this feature.
    the trick is to scuttle all your unnecessary ships before ending the mission, because your carried-over resources are not factored into the difficulty scaling and you can just use them to rebuild your fleet on arrival

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I am sad that the collection doesn't have Homeworld: Cataclysm. I think I'm one of the five people who liked that game.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options

Pooro I think you should give Homeworld 1/2 a shot. The story isn't really that innovative, but it is told extraordinarily well. The sound engineering is aces and so is the music.

And goddamn the remake is beautiful.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Was Cataclysm the one where you could add a giant cannon to your mothership thing and blast whole areas of the map with it? I don't think I ever owned a Homeworld but I feel like there was a demo where you could do ai battles and I would always just devote all my resources to creating that cannon and shooting everything.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Nope, still no dice, although the repair corvette keeps my ships alive long enough to at least lower the enemy ship's health by 25% before dying and leaving me with nothing but my mothership.
    I don't know, either I'm missing something (that the game hasn't told me?) or this is just, well, bad.
    e: are formations vital for combat? Because they look cool, but I don't know anything about potential advantages...besides, all ships seem to break formation as soon as battle commences

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Cross-posting this from the G&T Homeworld thread:
    Oh yes, this has arrived and is downloading now

dfYLc1H.jpg
    Wh7UGwu.jpg

And yes, I know my desk is dirty and cluttered chut up

Of course, I had to leave for work right as the game finished downloading so I won't get a chance to play it until around midnight when I get home. I'm pretty excited about it though!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I could never get past that minefield mission

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Nope, still no dice, although the repair corvette keeps my ships alive long enough to at least lower the enemy ship's health by 25% before dying and leaving me with nothing but my mothership.
    I don't know, either I'm missing something (that the game hasn't told me?) or this is just, well, bad.
    e: are formations vital for combat? Because they look cool, but I don't know anything about potential advantages...besides, all ships seem to break formation as soon as battle commences

IIRC yes, formations really, really matter in the game. I think I got the most use out of the claw formation for fighters and other small craft.

The only time you would ever use the sphere formation would be when you want to surround a single object and concentrate all your fire at the center.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
This discussion has been closed.