Options

[Pokemon] Es la hora de ORAS

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    BTW, amidst the 300 trade evos we did, @Alecthar, I think we forgot to send me back the Rhyhorn.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    BTW, amidst the 300 trade evos we did, @Alecthar, I think we forgot to send me back the Rhyhorn.

It should still be around. I should be on tonight, definitely tomorrow if not.

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    i am afraid i already know the answer to this, but is there no way to search for pokemon with specific moves/natures/abilities through GTS? i realized i need the HA on trevenant (well maybe not need, but it is the ideal scenario) and i can't find a way to look at the pokemon i am trading for before trading stuff away.

• Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    i am afraid i already know the answer to this, but is there no way to search for pokemon with specific moves/natures/abilities through GTS? i realized i need the HA on trevenant (well maybe not need, but it is the ideal scenario) and i can't find a way to look at the pokemon i am trading for before trading stuff away.

In ORAS you can use the DexNav to find hidden Phantumps in Petalburg Woods. It might take a while but you can get an HA that way.

If you're on XY, give me a day or two and I can pick one up for you.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Alecthar wrote: »

In ORAS you can use the DexNav to find hidden Phantumps in Petalburg Woods. It might take a while but you can get an HA that way.

If you're on XY, give me a day or two and I can pick one up for you.

don't worry about it, i'll get there eventually. sorta annoying that yo can't even see what you are getting before you trade though).

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    Saw this epic picture on Twitter.

B9s21OZIQAE-X01_zps8ee2484e.jpg

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Attention @Alecthar ! Your HA Froakie♀ will be available for pickup at 7PM EST! FC: 2363-6031-7267
    If you passed my message before, I'll gladly take a HA Ralts from ya.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    So I learned that crossing a Snorlax with a Ditto gives you... another snorlax. Crap, I wanted a munchlax.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    So I learned that crossing a Snorlax with a Ditto gives you... another snorlax. Crap, I wanted a munchlax.

Gotta have the right incense. Pretty sure his is the lax FULL Incense. Give it to snorlax while he's getting busy.

Game totally trolls you on which incense to use. LAX IS IN THE NAME!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Attention @Alecthar ! Your HA Froakie♀ will be available for pickup at 7PM EST! FC: 2363-6031-7267

I gotcha. You want Jolly or Modest?

• Options
    Riokenn wrote: »

I gotcha. You want Jolly or Modest?

Modest please! Gonna get me a shiny one day. :)

• Options
    @Riokenn , @HallowedFaith : Sorry again! I'm actually on Central European time, so for anyone in the US that means that your early evening is my middle of the night. Normally that wouldn't be an issue, but overnight I appear to have transformed into an 80 year old who cannot stay awake past 2230. I plan to be on all night tonight, so if around 7 PM Eastern is still good, I'll be online.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    RockinX wrote: »
    Saw this epic picture on Twitter.

B9s21OZIQAE-X01_zps8ee2484e.jpg

So that's why Pikachu is a Mishima.

• Options
    Ilpala wrote: »

Gotta have the right incense. Pretty sure his is the lax FULL Incense. Give it to snorlax while he's getting busy.

Game totally trolls you on which incense to use. LAX IS IN THE NAME!

And the same happens with Azumarill!

BTW, Bulbapedia says the Full Incense thing only works on XY, not ORAS. Is that true? Because if so, I'm screwed. I moved my Snorlax over to OR.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    That sounds like a load of crap to me, it should work. Worst case scenario its like FRLG where you have to wait till you get the National Dex to unlock it working, but considering that they give you the Incense beforehand, I doubt it.

dwimf94y701v.jpg
    I made a Blissey Base. I know there are tons out there already, but I didn't like those, so I made my own, with blackjack and hookers. Not to mention, I had some extra Chansey laying around after I did my little breeding party, so it didn't really take much effort. It's the standard fare- Triple Battles, Toxic Orb, all know Healing Wish.

Why my base is better than other bases:
    • Its near Fortree City (on the right side), so it doesn't take up a spot in Secret Shore for random streetpass bases (personal preference)
    • I made my avatar a schoolkid so his powers are Pick Up Stones/Pick Something Up (objectively the best powers)

Now that I have three level 100 Blisseys with Toxic Orbs lying around, I suppose I could offer them up if anyone wants to make their own base for shits and giggles, but I would like them back. I can also make a Happy Hour Smeargle base, if anyone would be interested.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    @Alecthar I'll be on for the trade!

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Couple PokeQuestions. (Pokemon X)

1) In order to fill my Pokedex, do I have to also get the Pokemon from Y?

2) I assume there are new Pokemon from the OR/AS games. Given that X/Y is older, is there a way for me to get access to them, or do I need to buy OR/AS.

3) Some Pokemon aren't listed in the X/Y Pokedex, like, event Pokemon (Keldeo for example)... since I want to literally "Catch them all" is there some kind of Global Pokedex inside the game that accounts for them all? Or do I just have to keep track myself.

4) If I run into a Pokemon that has two types and I use a skill type that is effective against both types. Does it stack?

5) Does a Pokemons type enhance a skill for bonus damage? Ie: If a Fire type uses a Normal attack, does it get a bonus of Fire damage against a pokemon weak to fire? Or is it strictly the attack type.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    1. Yeah but online trading makes that irrelevant.
    2. No, ORAS and XY are the same generation. Same pokes more or less. Buy ORAS, its a better game.
    3. After you beat the Elite 4 you get the full pokedex
    4. Yup. 4x damage. Or inversely you can hit for .25x damage.
    5. No, but there is a same type attack bonus, so a fire pokemon does more damage with fire attacks. The attacks type doesnt' change.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Yeah, everyone is telling me to get OR/AS. But I have X so.... yeah.

Thanks for the info! That helps a lot. I have a guide but it doesn't have a lot of details about the battle mechanics.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Yeah the only pokes from ORAS you can't get in XY are some mega forms. Some stuff will still require some serious work to get (rayquaza etc), but it isn't like there's 100+ pokemon different between the two.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I'm still playing through the story in Omega Ruby so I can't give a final impression, but I still like Pokemon X better, although it has been a while since I completed that game's story.

X seemed to have a better variety of Pokemon on each route, plus it had a huge berry garden early on nearby the day-care center with a long stretch of road to let you hatch eggs easier.

Yes, ORAS has the DexNav which is super helpful for catching pokemon, but from what I've heard it no longer has the Friend Safari, which was great for catching gen 1 and gen 6 starter pokemon after completing the story.

Also I feel Team Flare grunts had a slightly better variety of pokemon. In Omega Ruby the grunts use like 3 pokemon (excluding evolutions), whereas Team Flare used 7.

Plus Pokemon X is set is Not-France

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    why not play both!?
    Also, can you use pokébank to move mons from OR to X?

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    why not play both!?
    Also, can you use pokébank to move mons from OR to X?

Of course, that's pretty much what it was designed for. Going forward, you'll be able to use it for all Pokemon games.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Oh, I thought it was from older games to newer games only.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Heatwave wrote: »
    I'm still playing through the story in Omega Ruby so I can't give a final impression, but I still like Pokemon X better, although it has been a while since I completed that game's story.

X seemed to have a better variety of Pokemon on each route, plus it had a huge berry garden early on nearby the day-care center with a long stretch of road to let you hatch eggs easier.

Yes, ORAS has the DexNav which is super helpful for catching pokemon, but from what I've heard it no longer has the Friend Safari, which was great for catching gen 1 and gen 6 starter pokemon after completing the story.

Also I feel Team Flare grunts had a slightly better variety of pokemon. In Omega Ruby the grunts use like 3 pokemon (excluding evolutions), whereas Team Flare used 7.

Plus Pokemon X is set is Not-France

The berry garden is definitely better than its ORAS version, but breeding in the ORAS post game is way better. No flying from the breeder to the infinite run then again to the IV checker.

Also the DexNav is way easier than trying to cobble together a friends list with the right safaris.

• Options
    QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular
    Totally random: I'm looking for a shiny Eevee and an Adamant Growlithe with IVs in Attack and Speed. Can anyone help me out or have a spare hanging around?

3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    DudemanXDudemanX Riverhead, NYRegistered User regular
    So I picked up Alpha Sapphire to go with my New 3DS. It's once again a nice improvement over the previous generation while at the same time once again feeling like it is the game that the previous gen should have/could have been. I even found my first ever wild shiny(a Makuhita while farming the granite cave for Abra). It's really nice being able to use the Poke Bank to import from my Gen V games without having to unlock more than the basic pokedex. I could use some poke friends though for some stuff like evolving my Graveller and maybe getting some XY starters or other Gen VI pokes. I've still got a bunch of Hidden Ability pokes in my White game that I got from the dream world. I'll try to put a list together soon to see if anyone needs any.

Steam: DudemanX3
    Discord: Dudeman#9279 - Battle.net: Dudeman#1385
    Twitch: CrashTestJonny - XBox: CrshTstJonny
    Nintendo Switch: SW-4469-1892-0302
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Okay I'm having a ton of fun with ORAS. I just finished the Flying gym.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    DudemanX wrote: »
    So I picked up Alpha Sapphire to go with my New 3DS. It's once again a nice improvement over the previous generation while at the same time once again feeling like it is the game that the previous gen should have/could have been. I even found my first ever wild shiny(a Makuhita while farming the granite cave for Abra). It's really nice being able to use the Poke Bank to import from my Gen V games without having to unlock more than the basic pokedex. I could use some poke friends though for some stuff like evolving my Graveller and maybe getting some XY starters or other Gen VI pokes. I've still got a bunch of Hidden Ability pokes in my White game that I got from the dream world. I'll try to put a list together soon to see if anyone needs any.

Feel free to toss me on your Friends list. I'm online fairly often and am more than happy to help you do some trade evos. If you still need XY starters I have spares of all three (though only Froakie with the HA) and some other stuff like HA Fletchling.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    For those who competed in the Hoenn online tournament, you can get the code for your Sturdy Tyrunt now on the Pokemon Global Link's website.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    oh I missed a code by not going into the torunament?
    ah crap
    Also, if anyone has anny sort of bulbasaur or treeko to spare, I'd love to help you get rid of it (and a few other regular starters)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ah crap
    Also, if anyone has anny sort of bulbasaur or treeko to spare, I'd love to help you get rid of it (and a few other regular starters)

I've got a complete National Dex, I've got a few starters lying around (or I could breed them real quick).

• Options
    DudemanXDudemanX Riverhead, NYRegistered User regular
    Feel free to toss me on your Friends list. I'm online fairly often and am more than happy to help you do some trade evos. If you still need XY starters I have spares of all three (though only Froakie with the HA) and some other stuff like HA Fletchling.

Thanks, I added you. I made a list of all of the HA pokes I got from the Dream World back in the day. I didn't realize I had so many. The only one that's not from DW is Bulbasaur which I recently got in a Wonder Trade. If you or anyone else want something from this list them let me know. I'll just need some time to breed most requests. It's pretty cool that I can even breed the few HA males I have now too.
    • Abra
    • Bagon
    • Barboach
    • Bellsprout
    • Bulbasaur
    • Burmy
    • Chansey/Happiny
    • Chinchou
    • Delibird
    • Drifloon
    • Eevee
    • Ekans
    • Elekid
    • Exeggcute
    • Girafarig
    • Gligar
    • Hippopotas
    • Horsea
    • Houndour
    • Kangaskhan
    • Lapras
    • Larvitar
    • Lickitung
    • Lileep
    • Makuhita
    • Mankey
    • Mantine
    • Mareep
    • Mawile
    • Meditite
    • Meowth
    • Miltank
    • Mr. Mime
    • Murkrow
    • Natu
    • Oddish
    • Omanyte
    • Onix
    • Poliwag
    • Ponyta
    • Poochyena
    • Porygon
    • Rhyhorn
    • Scyther
    • Seedot
    • Sentret
    • Shellder
    • Shieldon
    • Shinx
    • Skarmory
    • Slowpoke
    • Smoochum
    • Sneasel
    • Snubbull
    • Sudowoodo
    • Surskit
    • Taillow
    • Tangela
    • Tentacool
    • Torkoal
    • Trapinch
    • Vulpix
    • Weedle
    • Wobbuffet
    • Wurmple
    • Zubat
    ah crap

I can trade those to you. Including an HA Bulbasaur. Feel free to add me.
    Maz- wrote: »
    I've got a complete National Dex, I've got a few starters lying around (or I could breed them real quick).

Sweet, added you too :)

Steam: DudemanX3
    Discord: Dudeman#9279 - Battle.net: Dudeman#1385
    Twitch: CrashTestJonny - XBox: CrshTstJonny
    Nintendo Switch: SW-4469-1892-0302
  • Options
    I mean, I started pokémoning with Y, and I do have all the XY starters, plus Charmander, Squirtle, Chikorita, Torchic, Mudkip, Turtwig, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott.

So I'm missing Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Treecko, Chimchar and Pipilup.
    I don't really care about natures and IVs, just wanted to have all the babbis.

And if I'm not being too forward, I'd love to get my hands on those few non-legendary mons exclusive to X and Alpha Sapphire. That incomplete pokédex is really annoying.

Finally, if there is someone so super awesome in order to lend me the X and Sapphire legendaries (plus Articuno and Moltres) so I can capture the special legendaries, fuck, I'd be on your debt forever.

I can breed whatever you'd like in return, but I guess I don't have anything you guys are missing.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I mean, I started pokémoning with Y, and I do have all the XY starters, plus Charmander, Squirtle, Chikorita, Torchic, Mudkip, Turtwig, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott.

So I'm missing Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Treecko, Chimchar and Pipilup.
    I don't really care about natures and IVs, just wanted to have all the babbis.

And if I'm not being too forward, I'd love to get my hands on those few non-legendary mons exclusive to X and Alpha Sapphire. That incomplete pokédex is really annoying.

Finally, if there is someone so super awesome in order to lend me the X and Sapphire legendaries (plus Articuno and Moltres) so I can capture the special legendaries, fuck, I'd be on your debt forever.

I can breed whatever you'd like in return, but I guess I don't have anything you guys are missing.

I have a Cyndaquil and Bulbasaur for you. Which X and Sapphire legendaries are you missing? I may be able to lend you some of them...

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    Lemme see; other than Xerneas, Kyogre and Lugia, who can be promptly given back, I'd need to have Dialga, Zekrom, Thundurus for a few minutes so I can catch Giratina, Kyurem and Landorus.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I have all of those for lending! When are you around?

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    Lemme see; other than Xerneas, Kyogre and Lugia, who can be promptly given back, I'd need to have Dialga, Zekrom, Thundurus for a few minutes so I can catch Giratina, Kyurem and Landorus.

I can get you all the starters you need. I can also lend you all the Legendaries, but could you lend me Palkia and Tornadus in return for the same purpose? :P

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Anyone have an HA Squirtle? Is it even possible to get that kinda Squirtle?
    Oh and @Alecthar I was on a couple of days ago and tried to trade with you but you didn't respond...then I saw you play OmegaRuby. :(

Riokenn on
  • Options
    Maz- wrote: »

I can get you all the starters you need. I can also lend you all the Legendaries, but could you lend me Palkia and Tornadus in return for the same purpose? :P

Oh My too many awesome people!

Sure, I'll lend you palkia and Tornadus when I return Dialga and Thundurus.

I should be up in 3 hours

camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.