Options

[Marvel Heroes 2015] Cosmic Chaos - Pet and Team Up Sale

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Asking for advice on the Mega Pack MK III. I haven't put a penny into the game yet, but I've reached a point where I want to buy at least one general stash tab and one crafting tab. (800 G total) I also only own five of the heroes in the game, so I'd get 38 new heroes out of the pack.

I've really been enjoying the game so far, but for those who have played more than I have, is this pack a good deal because it sure seems so on paper.

One thing to note in favor of the Mega Pack Mk III is that for any hero you own, you get an ultimate upgrade token and duplicate costumes for the blender.

What is this "blender" you speak of?

The crafter can turn any 3 costumes into 1 almost entirely random costume.

I put the "almost" in there because I guess some costumes are off limits, like the one you got for being a founder member or something.

Just the founder pack ones. Basically any of the G-Store costumes including the enhanced ones can pop out of the blender. The only ones I'm not sure about are the variant ones that were just released that are premium. They are probably in there, I'm just not sure.

quote="DoctorArch;32157101"]
    Madican wrote: »
    Should I be saving my boosts from all these boxes and cards that the game is hurling at me during the event?

Good question that I've wondered about myself. The only boost I've been using regularly is the credit boost, but my gut is telling me I should save EXP boosts for the last 50-60 push, and the other boosts like item find, etc. for lvl 60. [/quote]

It depends on how many you have. But if you're leveling tonight, go to Midtown, enjoy the madness and pop the boosts. For new players who aren't playing tonight, I'd save XP boosts for 50 to 60 but tonight has the potential for that rare bit of star alignment that says do it. As you level characters up, then the range you pop the boosts increase. Like for me, a 4 hour boost will be 30 to 60.

RIF/SIF generally save for 60. Same with Odin's Blessing Pots and others like it. The exception to this is an Eternity Splinter pot. The results tend to be the same at 1 or 60 and RIF/SIF don't matter for it.
    Wow. Those blessings really make a big difference huh? I wouldn't expect, say, +3% base damage to be that noticeable.

Are the Gear 1-5 enchantments just as useful? Thinking there's some stuff I've underestimated.

Blessings are insane. 5% brutal chance is where it's at. Uru enchantments are great. Gear 1-5 is nice but eh.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Sounds like prestiging gets pretty easy once the XP bonuses from synergy start to pile up and you get a default costume from doing it each time so I imagine me and that blender are going to get well acquainted as I slowly become more and more obsessed with this game.

This I did not know! So every time you prestige, you get an additional default costume, so you can get one up to 5 times? Cool.

Also, when you prestige does it reset your synergy bonus?

Nope!

• Options
    ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Wow. Those blessings really make a big difference huh? I wouldn't expect, say, +3% base damage to be that noticeable.

Are the Gear 1-5 enchantments just as useful? Thinking there's some stuff I've underestimated.

What blessings are you using? The going wisdom as I understand it is all Hela blessings all the time for a %20 boost to Brutal Rating.

The gear enchantments are less dramatic, although you can add 600 health anyone with the Cattle enchantments on 2-4.
    This I did not know! So every time you prestige, you get an additional default costume, so you can get one up to 5 times? Cool.

Nope! You will need to find stash space for all of your gear until you reach sufficient level to use it again, though, so be warned.

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Blessings are insane. 5% brutal chance is where it's at. Uru enchantments are great. Gear 1-5 is nice but eh.

I didn't even see that one. So that'd go up to 20% huh? Not sure if I want to go for a crit build. Best I can do is around 30% crit chance right now. I could get Gungnir and different artifacts (and possibly blessings) to help but I'm not sure if that's worth it.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Sounds like prestiging gets pretty easy once the XP bonuses from synergy start to pile up and you get a default costume from doing it each time so I imagine me and that blender are going to get well acquainted as I slowly become more and more obsessed with this game.

Its worth noting that the last prestige level requires a ridiculous amount of points to reach 60.

Think its you need 25 times the regular XP you would need to reach cap. Thankfully though, thats only for the last one. All the other prestige levels are the normal leveling rate as far as I know.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    ironsizide wrote: »

Nope! You will need to find stash space for all of your gear until you reach sufficient level to use it again, though, so be warned.

If your inventory is full when you prestige doesn't it just go into the queue thing like the daily gifts? I thought I'd heard something like that.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    It might... but I'm not sure I want to test that one...

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    ironsizide wrote: »

If your inventory is full when you prestige doesn't it just go into the queue thing like the daily gifts? I thought I'd heard something like that.

It does. nifty storage room for free.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The queue thing is a bit odd. I log in and get a box, an item that says I got a box (sellable for 1,000 credits) and then in the queue it's another item that says I didn't have room to have the box delivered and when I click deliver it delivers another item to sell for 1,000 more credits.

I mean hey free money but still.

• Options
    Been running Juggernaut for days now. Fucker won't drop his Circlet of Cyttorak no matter what. Even got a bunch of RiF/SiF buffs

steam_sig.png

• Options

I didn't even see that one. So that'd go up to 20% huh? Not sure if I want to go for a crit build. Best I can do is around 30% crit chance right now. I could get Gungnir and different artifacts (and possibly blessings) to help but I'm not sure if that's worth it.

Different characters will get to different levels of crit but getting to 50% tends to be pretty likely for everyone. But the 5% brutal chance is pretty much BiS for everyone. Mostly because the blessings aren't remotely balanced and if I converted 20% brutal chance into Omega points it would be like 800 Omega points. Brutal strikes are crits of crits. if you have 50% critical rate and 50% brutal strike rate then your hit table is 50% normal, 25% crit, 25% brutal. A brutal strike gets the critical damage multiplier plus the brutal strike damage multiple. So for my Rocket, if one of my sig hits and is a regular hit it might be around 300,000 damage. If I get a brutal strike of it, then I get 2.1 million damage.

Other fun game stats weirdness. Attacks get the bonus for what ever they are tagged with. Rocket's sig is a ranged, area energy attack. So we look at my base crit raiting. 53% or so I think. Then we look at my energy crit rating. 63% or so. I'm rounding here. My ranged crit is 57%. Area is 53% So I get the base + 10% difference to energy + 4% difference to ranged which means my sig has a crit rate of 67%. Which I think is low. I need to double check. I think I'm a bit closer to 70. But you get the general idea.

• Options
    The queue thing is a bit odd. I log in and get a box, an item that says I got a box (sellable for 1,000 credits) and then in the queue it's another item that says I didn't have room to have the box delivered and when I click deliver it delivers another item to sell for 1,000 more credits.

I mean hey free money but still.
    The manifest is just a lil bonus you get every time you get something delivered to you. Basically just sell or donate it to the crafter or enchanter.

• Options

Different characters will get to different levels of crit but getting to 50% tends to be pretty likely for everyone. But the 5% brutal chance is pretty much BiS for everyone. Mostly because the blessings aren't remotely balanced and if I converted 20% brutal chance into Omega points it would be like 800 Omega points. Brutal strikes are crits of crits. if you have 50% critical rate and 50% brutal strike rate then your hit table is 50% normal, 25% crit, 25% brutal. A brutal strike gets the critical damage multiplier plus the brutal strike damage multiple. So for my Rocket, if one of my sig hits and is a regular hit it might be around 300,000 damage. If I get a brutal strike of it, then I get 2.1 million damage.

Other fun game stats weirdness. Attacks get the bonus for what ever they are tagged with. Rocket's sig is a ranged, area energy attack. So we look at my base crit raiting. 53% or so I think. Then we look at my energy crit rating. 63% or so. I'm rounding here. My ranged crit is 57%. Area is 53% So I get the base + 10% difference to energy + 4% difference to ranged which means my sig has a crit rate of 67%. Which I think is low. I need to double check. I think I'm a bit closer to 70. But you get the general idea.

Whaaaaat

With clobbering time and ground smash debuff a backhand smash on Thing does about 92k to 138k damage. Don't have all artifacts blessed to be fair but that is a huge difference

Still, thanks for the tips, getting to 50% crit definitely sounds possible. Not sure if I could get to 50% brutal strike rating - aside from blessings what's there to get?

steam_sig.png

• Options

Whaaaaat

With clobbering time and ground smash debuff a backhand smash on Thing does about 92k to 138k damage. Don't have all artifacts blessed to be fair but that is a huge difference

Still, thanks for the tips, getting to 50% crit definitely sounds possible. Not sure if I could get to 50% brutal strike rating - aside from blessings what's there to get?

Omegas. But part of the reason my number is so high is I have fairly good gear. And Thing's itemization is....so bad. So very bad.

• Options

Whaaaaat

He's talking about the sig which is a higher damage ability on a long cooldown (30+ seconds) so those numbers are high. Thing is not in a terribly good place since he has no sig (though Clobbering Time is close) an a big chunk of his current DPS is small packet DoT from Headbutt/Hard as Rock.

• Options

Whaaaaat

He's talking about the sig which is a higher damage ability on a long cooldown (30+ seconds) so those numbers are high. Thing is not in a terribly good place since he has no sig (though Clobbering Time is close) an a big chunk of his current DPS is small packet DoT from Headbutt/Hard as Rock.

Makes sense. Also makes me want to pick up Rocket!

steam_sig.png

• Options
    So Moon Knight eventually gets to do something beyond throw darts everywhere right?

• Options

Whaaaaat

Well Rocket is pretty darn cool so that's a good plan but literally everybody but 4 people have sigs at this point....so most have something on that level of damage.

Cable/Deadpool/Thing/Scarlet Witch are the losers. Two of them will likely be reviewed in the next month or so.

• Options
    Jesus McChristJesus McChrist Registered User regular
    So Moon Knight eventually gets to do something beyond throw darts everywhere right?

Yeah, you get to punch people in a red number frenzy and then finish them off with a hit for 15 million damage.

if you can read this i hope you have a good day partner
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Yeah gearing can make things pretty silly, I just got Power Doop on my Cap, without too many omega levels (like 500 points or so at the very most) I got an 8 million brutal today with all the procs lined up including the +brutal strike damage from Drax. With a load more damage to come from Omegas I can see that getting pretty silly.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm going to miss midtown madness during odin's bounty when it's gone.

Just popping open those chests and drowning in a sea of green orbs.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options

Whaaaaat

Rocket is really fun to play. And fairly easy to gear. But Rocket is in the lower echelons of DPS. And he's a bit on the squishy side. If you want big numbers then look at Hulk, Cap or a couple of others. I love playing Rocket and leveling him is fun but he's not gonna be a lot of people's choice for an end game kind of dude.

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    This game has amazing powers to pull me back in once in awhile, mainly because of cool events like this Big 10 thing. Not that I've especially accomplished anything, as I tend to just flit between heroes and level them up a bit, while somehow never getting anyone to 60. The one 60 I had (Squirrel Girl) got prestiged and now is mired around 54 because those levels just start to come so slowly without boosts. :P

Also got to try Cap and Punisher, as I'd played neither since their 52s, and I wasn't especially impressed. Not that they're bad; I probably have them at too low levels to really appreciate the changes that have been made, but still it makes me feel like I have these other characters who play awesome even at lower levels, so I get disappointed easily. Also, I probably should stop looking up and trying to emulate endgame builds while leveling, but I still have this notion in my head that I really need to conserve Retcon potions.

This happens to me after every big event, especially those that involve Midtown. I go back and try to play without all the boosts active, and it just feels hollow so I stop playing until the next event.

• Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular

Yeah, you get to punch people in a red number frenzy and then finish them off with a hit for 15 million damage.

And then be bored again until your sig is back up... I think Moon Knight is my second least favorite hero after black widow.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    And you have to actually land the hits. It's stupid easy to miss your target.

• Options
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

This may be why I enjoy murdering Tasky. All of those fucking times he charged a split second before I hit my sig on him. I will have my revenge!

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

This may be why I enjoy murdering Tasky. All of those fucking times he charged a split second before I hit my sig on him. I will have my revenge!
    Tasky is the worst about dashing away right when you cast your sig.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

Use more Jean Grey.

• Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular

Use more Jean Grey.

Storm is great for this as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Use more Jean Grey.

Pfft, just need to develp Tasky tracking seeker heads. Also at some point I have to level Jean. But tonight I level Gambit. The goal is 20 to 60 in one night.

• Options
    slurpeepoopslurpeepoop Registered User regular

This was Winter Soldier for me today. I just selected him, then spent 45 minutes watching the Walking Dead while he was idling in Avenger's Tower. Once the Odin's Bounty switched to Midtown, I figured I'd get him to 60 in about 3 hours or so.

He went from 1 to 40 in about 15 minutes. I beamed back to Avenger's Tower and I went and grabbed a snack and smoked a cigarette. I also spent quite a bit of time going back to the STASH to dump uniques, runes, and rainbows/relics/etc.

I still have no idea how to play him, I used his basic gun attack almost all the way to 60, I didn't even stick a core on his costume, and I had around 70ish ability points that I never used to improve on his skills.

I just slapped the +xp and +regen cosmics that were raining from the boxes on him every 10 levels or so, and around level 35ish got a Mole Man medal to throw on him.

That's how fast you level with Odin's Bounty and Midtown Madness.

Had I known that I could have leveled him in less than an hour if I had used all the buffs I've been hoarding, I would have used them and would have gone for a personal record (my record is Cyclops on one of his prestiges in about an hour and a half).

zesd49xvbsl2.jpg

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Okay, looks like I'm popping a few XP buffs tonight to get Cap to 60 and a few of my other characters leveled.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    edited March 2015

For people who all or most characters in the game, seems pretty good.

Get to play costume slot machine about 50 times atleast.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular

Use more Jean Grey.

use juggs. debuff, groundbased dot to get momentum back to full, elbow drop to damage and stun, mobile sig.

for me that is enough by now to kill any non-doom cosmic bosses.

if you need more oomph to kill your cosmic boss just hit "momentum generator" (forget what it is called) once sig runs out and, while striding, hit groundbased dot, slam, slam, groundbased dot, slam, slam, etc.

• Options
    Gambit from 20 to 60 in the time it took me to do the Midtown Shared Quest. Got a Patrol Blessing and an Odin's Blessing along the way.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Been running Juggernaut for days now. Fucker won't drop his Circlet of Cyttorak no matter what. Even got a bunch of RiF/SiF buffs

I got one in a box

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Captain America went from 18-42 tonight from ICP and MM. I am completely out of stash space with the appearance of all the damn runes. Also I've set all loot below epic to vaporize and just vacuum the rest away because it pops up faster than I can donate it with this event happening.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Got my first dupe after unlocking less than five characters so far.

Ouch. Right in the nuts.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Got my first dupe after unlocking less than five characters so far.

Ouch. Right in the nuts.

I remember getting my first dupe...in my second random box :/
    At least it was Storm!

This discussion has been closed.