As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Heroes 2015] Cosmic Chaos - Pet and Team Up Sale

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Perhaps I'm missing something, but my crafter is up to lvl 19, and I can't find the option for the costume blender. Is it not available until the crafter reaches lvl 20?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Perhaps I'm missing something, but my crafter is up to lvl 19, and I can't find the option for the costume blender. Is it not available until the crafter reaches lvl 20?

It is level 20.

http://marvelheroes.gamepedia.com/Crafting

• Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    Just got my first Crimson Box and inside of it was my first Gem of the Kursed!
    1zeG2sq.jpg?1

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Okay, so I have a LV60 Raccoon with all level 60 gear and an odin mark bought legendary.

What should I be doing right now? Not sure how the gear grind works at cap in these type of games.

Can I just start plopping rune words and blessings on my current grade 63 gear if I'm happy with it? I know theres something about doing one shots for a currency that allows you to upgrade items to grade 66 and so on.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Any specific Venom tips? Is there some super good skill setup I should be going for or can I go nuts?

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Okay, so I have a LV60 Raccoon with all level 60 gear and an odin mark bought legendary.

What should I be doing right now? Not sure how the gear grind works at cap in these type of games.

Can I just start plopping rune words and blessings on my current grade 63 gear if I'm happy with it? I know theres something about doing one shots for a currency that allows you to upgrade items to grade 66 and so on.

Level the legendary. Work on getting the best in slot artifacts and gear. Level Omegas. Level other peeps. For Runewords go ahead. Level 50 Uru gear all has the same values for each type.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

You can definitely bless artifacts if you like them, you can swap blessing between artifacts at the crafter for essentially free, so don't worry about replacing something later on.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Jeix wrote: »
    1zeG2sq.jpg?1

Very nice rolls on that one too.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    This event has gotten me my first two GotK ever, a bunch of Loki and Sif runes, and tons of Omega points.

Worth it.

What's the xp bonus today Anyway? I lost track.

• Options
    144% I think.

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Oh my god, after leveling Mr. Fantastic, Ms. Marvel is like manna from the heavens. Sooooooo much easier/faster/funner. It's a shame too since Mr. F has the best animations in the game. Everything on him just feels so slow though.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    Jeix wrote: »
    1zeG2sq.jpg?1

That roll is pretty damn great too. Better than any of the ones i got.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    So is today (Wednesday) the last day of the event?

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Oh hey, I can finally get cable a costume.

Been meaning to do that since beta.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    As of right now, patch is Thursday morning. So, yes, Wednesday should be the final full day.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    As of right now, patch is Thursday morning. So, yes, Wednesday should be the final full day.

Ryolnir posted on reddit that the patch is friday

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Been running Juggernaut for days now. Fucker won't drop his Circlet of Cyttorak no matter what. Even got a bunch of RiF/SiF buffs

I got one in a box
    Got my first dupe after unlocking less than five characters so far.

Ouch. Right in the nuts.

pfft

of the 6 random boxes i've gotten 2 have been Black Widow

who was my first unlock

edit: and whom I can no longer stand playing. So squishy. So little sustained DPS.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    As much as I hate to say it, I can't wait for the patch. Sure, it ends the Big 10 event, but it would be nice for Sue to not be mostly useless at 60. I really like her kit and style, but her damage/offensive utility runs somewhere between "none" and "a little less than that".

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    It's super weird because I've always felt that all she really needs is a numbers tuning

Her damage is low, but she has a fairly robust kit

Even if I think her actual Invisibility is terrible

• Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    Played a tiny bit of Scarlet Witch yesterday, since I was home sick.
    I got her from 55 to 58. So close. One of these days I might get her to 60.

So with the event, the Pots of Gold artifacts, are we supposed to make a whole bunch of them? In the few hours I played I made 3. I didn't actually foresee using one of them, let alone 3.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

So with the event, the Pots of Gold artifacts, are we supposed to make a whole bunch of them? In the few hours I played I made 3. I didn't actually foresee using one of them, let alone 3.

They were kinda relevant before Odin Marks dropped from everything you did. Now with how many odins are floating around there isn't really a great reason to not have legendaries on even secondary/tertiary characters. Perhaps if they didn't require a bajillion xp to make do anything it'd be different.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    It's super weird because I've always felt that all she really needs is a numbers tuning

Well, she's kinda lacking in the cc department, which for such a squishy character is a huge detriment. I'm hoping the new force wall, and some of the mechanics changes, help to let her control the battlefield a little better. I shouldn't have to hit invis every 3 seconds as my cc ability.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    On Monday I power leveled Black Panther from lvl 1 to lvl 28 during Midtown Madness with an additional 150% boost.

He's so far very fun to play, although I wish he had a decent fast travel skill like Cap's "On Your Left."

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    Ender wrote: »

Well, she's kinda lacking in the cc department, which for such a squishy character is a huge detriment. I'm hoping the new force wall, and some of the mechanics changes, help to let her control the battlefield a little better. I shouldn't have to hit invis every 3 seconds as my cc ability.

Agreed. Really MH in general screwed the pooch on so many interesting characters with the buff changes that hit when raids came out. The entire game is DPS no matter the character and it makes me sad. I LIKE playing the buffer in groups who makes everyone else stronger or safer. But, really, this game doesn't even encourage grouping so I shouldn't be surprised. The MMO aspect feels like tacked on shutters and does more harm to the game then good. I enjoy it, I play it a lot, but hard not to see the glaring basic design faults. At no point do I feel like a super hero and it is just horribly disappointing since I want a Marvel RPG so very badly. /end rant

• Options
    Praxus1874Praxus1874 West Valley City, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Just a reminder that the Cable 25th anniversary sale started today through the end of March. All cable items (hero, stash, costumes) are 2.50 each in-game.

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-articles/celebrate-25-years-cable-250-all-cable-related-items

Praxus1874 on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Odin's Bounty is now set to all modes (terminals, MM, ICP) until 3am PST. Get your farming on!

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Accualt wrote: »

Agreed. Really MH in general screwed the pooch on so many interesting characters with the buff changes that hit when raids came out. The entire game is DPS no matter the character and it makes me sad. I LIKE playing the buffer in groups who makes everyone else stronger or safer. But, really, this game doesn't even encourage grouping so I shouldn't be surprised. The MMO aspect feels like tacked on shutters and does more harm to the game then good. I enjoy it, I play it a lot, but hard not to see the glaring basic design faults. At no point do I feel like a super hero and it is just horribly disappointing since I want a Marvel RPG so very badly. /end rant

The problem was the Cable syndrome.

When you get utility you end up with characters everyone agrees are "necessary" or basically are because it makes things so much easier.

Straight DPS is boring, yes, but it's actually something you can balance.

Though I personally feel pretty super hero blowing everything up. No one really cares about the support characters.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Got Winter Soldier to 60 and Cap to 50. Big Ten has been good to me.

Tomorrow I guess it's back to crawling in the dirt like an animal.

• Options
    She-Hulk, the Invisible Woman update, Cosmic Midtown/ICP will be dropping Friday. So we get one more day of Omega XP. 168% Server side buff.

• Options
    Got Winter Soldier to 60 and Cap to 50. Big Ten has been good to me.

Tomorrow I guess it's back to crawling in the dirt like an animal.

Well a little bit better for you since you'll have the extra synergy XP.

• Options

I literally have more pots of gold than I have characters at this point

and I just bought the mega pack

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    why keep making the pots of gold? I just treat the rainbow as a credit item now, because the pot of gold isn't very good.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    heenato wrote: »
    why keep making the pots of gold? I just treat the rainbow as a credit item now, because the pot of gold isn't very good.

because I miscounted

edit: odin marks drop p frequently now, but I still don't have enough to make 40 legendaries

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    edit: sorry wrong thread

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular

When you get utility you end up with characters everyone agrees are "necessary" or basically are because it makes things so much easier.

Though I personally feel pretty super hero blowing everything up. No one really cares about the support characters.

I understand they wanted to make it so no one hero was required and every hero was viable for raids but removing support was a lazy, boring, short sighted way of doing that. With as many characters as there are in the game you could figure out a way to make 1/3 support, 1/3 DPS, 1/3 tanks especially with three trees each. There are three trees but pretty much everyone use one optimal DPS build at 60+ and that is dumb. There should be Tank and DPS Hulks running around. Support, Tank, or DPS Captain America's should be an option. Most comic book characters have been portrayed in a variety of ways yet in MH there is essentially just one way to play.

• Options
    Looks like Big Ten Nine is still going on.

No Odin chests though.

• Options
    edited March 2015

I understand they wanted to make it so no one hero was required and every hero was viable for raids but removing support was a lazy, boring, short sighted way of doing that. With as many characters as there are in the game you could figure out a way to make 1/3 support, 1/3 DPS, 1/3 tanks especially with three trees each. There are three trees but pretty much everyone use one optimal DPS build at 60+ and that is dumb. There should be Tank and DPS Hulks running around. Support, Tank, or DPS Captain America's should be an option. Most comic book characters have been portrayed in a variety of ways yet in MH there is essentially just one way to play.
    Brevik flat out said he didn't want the holy trinity in game because that leads to people getting excluded from content. He said he never wants players to be forced into playing roles/heroes. You get groups demanding a tank, healer, and then the 10,000 people playing DPS have to scramble for any open slots. Unfortunately raids, and now cosmic MM/ICP have brought around the stupidity of gear checks and then (when they actually get in game) achievement checks (I'm sure people will demand links to your builds as well). I personally just want to log in and play and not worry about how overgeared I am to faceroll content.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

Brevik flat out said he didn't want the holy trinity in game because that leads to people getting excluded from content. He said he never wants players to be forced into playing roles/heroes. You get groups demanding a tank, healer, and then the 10,000 people playing DPS have to scramble for any open slots. Unfortunately raids, and now cosmic MM/ICP have brought around the stupidity of gear checks and then (when they actually get in game) achievement checks (I'm sure people will demand links to your builds as well). I personally just want to log in and play and not worry about how overgeared I am to faceroll content.

People will be shits about gearing period. If you removed all of the inspect stuff idiots would demand a link to a youtube video of you getting under 1:40 TTK. The fun part is that people often have no fucking clue how to read that stuff anyway. Like the common check for Red Raids is ilvl 69 gear. The starting theory for that is you have to know what you're doing to get the hearts for that but it doesn't prove anything at all. It doesn't prove you know the difference between red and green raids. And from a gearing perspective, ilvl 69 gear isn't a good benchmark. I've got a couple of slots from it and the +1 to all skills is nice but it pales in comparison to the amount of stats I get from having 3500 Omega points. 7500 will give me even more. But there is a chucklefuck on the main forums who has Mr. Fantastic geared to the same point. But instead of trying to optimize he just stacks +int because "it's canon" and to hell with the fact that Mr. F doesn't benefit from it.

Gear checks are so dumb.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Agreed. Gear checks are for lazy people. There has been multiple times in my MMO life where gear check was required and it went worse than just grabbing randoms. Sometimes with the originator of the raid. Most content can only handle so many people watching TV and playing to allow for faceroll. It happened to me the other day in FFIXIV on pretty old content.

In the end it usually results in "Why aren't we facerolling this?".... Blame this stupid incidental occurrence or something else random when in the end it is "Because you aren't doing your job!"

In this game every hero is now easily red raidable. Having one hero (say Black Widow) over some other hero (say Iceman) will only slow you down by minutes if everyone does their job. It has always been silly, goosey, for someone to whine about minutes in a video game.

Jubal77 on
This discussion has been closed.