As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everything Dies, [Superhero Thread]

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I would really dig a Jedi Academy book or something.

Like Wolverine and the X-Men + lightsabers.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    5405_CapCold_grande.jpg

yes please.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I would say there's a 75% chance of a Boba Fett ongoing

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Are you a new freelancer for the -Tal Report?

• Options
    Please read my ongoing column: Blank Spaces

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    The snow goggles on that Captain Cold are super lame.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Yeah, but that's your Talor Swift newsletter

• Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    It can be both

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    It can be both

But what will happen to all the space you were using for fanfiction?

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

I was thinking, that typo has to be a rpg character of some sort and then photoshop hijinx can ensue,

Sadly the top google searches for Talor, are just misspelled Taylor Swift entries.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Gotta throw in a "-Taylor" in the search to weed those out. Sadly still didn't come up with any notable fiction, but I did come across a great IRL find: http://www.babc.com/talor-i-bearman/

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    For any Jake Wyatt fans out there, I chatted with him a bit about Necropolis. Turns out that he and Image had different ideas about how it should be published - they want to do it as a monthly book, but he doesn't think he'd be able to keep up that schedule as he's writing, drawing, colouring, lettering all himself, and he wanted to do it as a weekly comic on the web and then print trade collections. He said he's got about 40 pages done so if he goes web to print as is seemingly increasingly likely, he's got a good backlog to update consistently.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Also for Kelly Sue/Pretty Deadly fans, volume 2 is starting in September

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    That necropolis seems like the best case scenario

Give me weekly necropolis

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I haven't even checked but I kind of want iris off the show and Eddie and Barry to just be good friends.

Eddie seems pretty great.

• Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    eddies voice is...unique. its like scratchy, but not? i dunno, whenever hes talking its weird, but i like it.

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    He has a perfect super villain voice.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    he sounds like Kiefer Sutherland

• Options
    He has a perfect super villain voice.

He realy does.

He's not a great actor but he's got a nice voice.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    except he has a "happy" voice and it's so fun to listen to when he uses it

• Options
    edited March 2015
    His voice actually made me keep thinking he was going to turn out to be a super villain but I'm on episode six and that seems unlikely.

Langly on
  • Options
    That necropolis seems like the best case scenario

Give me weekly necropolis
    DBeaFODl.jpg
    miiiine

Also got a sweet Soider-Gwen print from Robbi Rodriguez

• Options
    The Spider-Gwen prints Robbi Rodriguez had were all awesome and printed on this great pearlescent white paper

Plus they were big 11x17 prints and only $10! Best deal of the show floor imo

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    How could you

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Also Jake is like, the friendliest dude

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Nogs wrote: »
    eddies voice is...unique. its like scratchy, but not? i dunno, whenever hes talking its weird, but i like it.

I looked it up a couple of week's ago because it was bugging the shit out of me and it's because he's from NZ or Australia and he's just doing the "I'm not American but this is my American voice" thing.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I'm so stoked about Necropolis. I'm glad to hear Wyatt is doing it on his own terms on some level.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Pearlescent effect does not show up well in pictures, sadly

FfJpmH5l.jpg

• Options
    So I let David Brothers talk me into giving Millar's Starlight a shot, because he assured me it was Millar at his most compassionate, and because David Brothers is someone who I know would get my reservations about reading Millar's more Millar-ass stories. I specifically asked him that, too.

It was good! On the Millar scale of Millarness it's definitely on the Superior end of the spectrum.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Gotta throw in a "-Taylor" in the search to weed those out. Sadly still didn't come up with any notable fiction, but I did come across a great IRL find: http://www.babc.com/talor-i-bearman/

-Taylor

-Taylor

-Ta...l...

it all makes sense now

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    A few things from ECCC:

Keiron Gillen has another Secret Wars book that hasn't been announced yet.

I wonder if it's possible he's writing the unannounced FF book they mentioned yesterday?

• Options
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I've been meaning to ask, what's the deal with Doc Green Hulk?

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Well, up to at latest 6 months ago
    Banner got shot in the back of the head in an assassination attempt, Stark used Extremis to fix his brain, then when he went Hulk during Original Sin he went all smart hulk and doesn't want to turn back. Last I saw he was running around trying to depower other gamma mutants.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Ah, thanks.

• Options
    A few things from ECCC:

Keiron Gillen has another Secret Wars book that hasn't been announced yet.

I wonder if it's possible he's writing the unannounced FF book they mentioned yesterday?
    Probably not, he says it features two of the Marvel villains he's been wanting to write but hasn't yet.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
  • Options
    More Flash/Arrow finale spoilers leaked, well really just elaboration on the previous ones
    Ollie is sporting a sword that looks an awful lot like Ra's' with his green-tinged League of Assassins get-up

Dude actually takes the offer

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    As he should.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    That Arrow spoiler is
    Kind of refreshing, to be honest

I mean the show hasn't really given him a good reason not to take the offer

This discussion has been closed.