Options

Bloodborne is a ps4 exclusive. Give me your PSN names, please

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    what's a good place to farm for twin blood shards? I found a weapon I'd like to use and I'm missing some mid level crafting materials

Where are you in the game?

Forgotten woods has about 50 just scattered around on bodies and shit

Depending on what areas you've unlocked I know a really good farming route for both souls and twin blood shards, which will very rarely be chunks.

I'm about almost all the way through the woods
    also unlocked Cainhurst and Nightmare Frontier

It isn't in either of those. I would just recommend going back through the Infinite Snakes area of Forgotten to make sure you haven't missed any loot.

There are so many twin shards there.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    So somehow I avoided talking to the Doctor for the entire game so far
    And when I did I immediately found the backdoor and killed her

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    did you get anything from it?

Hopefully the answer is yes

• Options
    did you get anything from it?

Hopefully the answer is yes

I think I only got a rune, but it's a neat one

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Have you killed Rom already? If not then you didn't get what Cilla is talking about.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    @Butters @Beef Avenger and I just had a fight against Father G. that went a little something like this.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Suneater wrote: »
    Who has tips for using the stake driver? I just want to falcon punch people but the range is short and charge is so long.

don't use the falcon punch unless you can sneak up on an enemy and they're not paying attention

otherwise just stick with regular r1s

the stake driver has high base and bad scaling, making it good for a health/end run. it also has a bunch of stun on its regular attacks, letting you dump your stamina into a single enemy without retaliation and then back up (note that this doesn't apply to like super swole dudes obvs)

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I'm guessing that by the time I start using the 4th Awakening Headstone, I should be on the lookout for the surprise end of the game?

I don't wanna be funneled into NG+ without having my affairs in order

there is a very obvious point of no return
    the dream will be on fire and gehrman will be waiting for you
    i am unhappy with how long the forbidden forest is

is there another lamp or shortcut anywhere? i'm sick of running for six minutes every time
    like there's the village area AND the poison caves AND the forest of infinite snakes

is there a lamp anywhere around there?

i haven't even gotten through the snake part yet because i always have like 70k souls and warp back to level up

there is a shortcut to the lantern right at the start of the snake forest that you missed

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Something I've noticed - the more messengers around the base of the lamp, the more players in the area. Presumably.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Butters "Beef Avenger" and I just had a fight against Father G. that went a little something like this.

That was hilarious. So much blood...

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    So I decided to be stupid the smart way and leveled up like 4 times and upgraded my weapon to +2.

Killed both werewolves without taking a hit.

Edit: And the cleric beast wiped the floor with me.

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    well this watchdog fight is just really terrible

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Zay wrote: »
    well this watchdog fight is just really terrible

I beat him by baiting his bite attack, getting a hit in, dodging right to avoid his charge and rinse repeat. It's tedious but I managed to do it without getting hit - just gotta have a weapon with good range.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    Going through Old Yharnam at level 61 feels kind of mean, but also like some healthy payback for my first time there.

• Options
    i hate this so much

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    How do I do things to befriend the Crow themed hunter?

• Options
    How do I do things to befriend the Crow themed hunter?

step 1: meet her in the sewers

step 2: after some story event you will be unable to go to the Father G lantern
    go there and fight the hunter she's fighting, you will not damage her with your attacks so cut loose, but he'll do a bunch of damage so watch yo ass

step 3: after some more story you will be unable to go to the Vicar lantern
    go there and talk to her outside the cathedral, then go in and kill the hunter

step 4: there is no step 4, that's it, that's the end of her quest

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    also if you're too lazy for it you can just kill her for her stuff

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    also if you're too lazy for it you can just kill her for her stuff

you won't get the covenant rune this way

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    runes are for nerds

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    it's a covenant and people sometimes like those

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    I found her in the sewers a few nights ago
    and she gave me something, and taught me a gesture

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    So I decided to be stupid the smart way and leveled up like 4 times and upgraded my weapon to +2.

Killed both werewolves without taking a hit.

Edit: And the cleric beast wiped the floor with me.

Get help. He can't really handle multiple targets and becomes pretty easy. Also, you can try buying a shitload of cocktails and chucking those at him

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Cleric Beast can be parried

Also I would say go slow with him, I never hit him more than twice in a row

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    That man appears to be 30% snakes

That is above the legal limit

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I actually haven't fought him a second time yet due to eating dinner + watching a 24 minute video about wrestling, I'd like to give it a few more goes before calling someone in. biggest thing is he seems too big for that area and it kinda made locking on awkward.

• Options
    He is big enough that you should be good hitting him without lock on

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Anyone else having some serious connection issues right now?

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Anyone else having some serious connection issues right now?

Yes, firewater tried connecting with me for the last 20 minutes to no avail

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    lost 2 insight trying to get into some JOLLY CO-OPERATION

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options

Got it on my second try, it really doesn't like when you take it down to 50% health huh?

• Options
    Now that's just a pile of a bunch of snakes

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Anyone got a link to that list of missable stuff

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    FUCK the area at the top of the cathedral tower

• Options
    Looking it up, all of the Covenants seem both too hard to get into and also not what I'm looking for

Guess I'll have to get the PS4 rerelease of DS2

Gotta Sentinel it up

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    does scholar of the first sin remove soul memory because that is the one singular flaw in dark souls 2

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    I actually haven't fought him a second time yet due to eating dinner + watching a 24 minute video about wrestling, I'd like to give it a few more goes before calling someone in. biggest thing is he seems too big for that area and it kinda made locking on awkward.

Yeah, for him, Locking on is a trap. If an enemy heavily alters you're point of view when you lock on, you can safely assume it's best to not lock on in that situation.

So, I'm going to do a little bit of a write-up for this game, since the beginning is kicking alot of peoples asses, so there will be spoilers for the first phase or so of Bloodborne.

Bloodborne is actually a pretty unique game in the "souls" series, in that the beginning is probably the most difficult part of the game to get acclimated to. Once you get used to it, it's actually quite easy, but before than it is MORE than happy to grind you into dust.

Probably the biggest disconnect from this game, and other games, including Demon Souls and Dark Souls, is the power of observing your surroundings. The DD series is a known for teaching you patience, not necessarily observation. There are times when it comes in handy, but really, there isn't much you can mess up, progression wise. Shortcuts are available, but not really all that necessary with a few exceptions, and you can pretty much "follow the path" and reasonably progress, and trust, that as you progress, you will be rewarded with checkpoints and breathers.

Bloodborne says "FUCK THAT".

While the combat itself is actually a complete disconnect from the Souls series, the biggest difference is where you apply your patience. In Dark Souls and Demon Souls, you needed to exhibit patience in observing your enemy, looking for openings and taking advantage of them.

In Bloodborne, you exhibit patience by carefully taking note of your surroundings. By exploring every nook and cranny, and using any "Vista" situation(Where you can see a large part of what's coming ahead) as a tool to plan where you want to go, and your next move. It also rewards exploration via shortcuts, which is BY FAR the most important mechanic in Bloodborne. Shortcuts are LIFE. They are SALVATION. And they are, at times hidden in the most what the flying fuck places. And sometimes it's staring you in the face saying PUSH ME. It's a toss up, really.

Now that I'm done going over that, I'm going to go one of the most important aspects of Bloodborne. It's structure.

It's more or less a hybrid of the Dark Souls system, while incorporating things from Demon Souls.

In Dark Souls, both of them, progression flowed in a very A to B to C to D manner. There were times when you could end up going from A to C. But there was a fairly obvious and linear progression.

Bloodborne takes a different approach.

Instead of A to B to C to D, there are Gateways, that unlock further content. Here is a list of them.

Father Gascoine
    Vicar Amelia
    Rom, the Vacuous Spider

Under each Gateway, there is an umbrella of bosses that you can do. For instance, after defeating Father Gascoine, you are now officially under the Vicar Amelia Gateway. The Bosses under that gateway are as follows.
    Blood Starved Beast(Which unlocks Bag Men, who can take you to the Normal Unseen City,and from there you can fight Darkbeast Paarl)
    Witch of Hemwick.

Vicar Amelia is the "gateway" for your progression, so, naturally, she's hard as fucking nails and has a fairly unforgiving Heal mechanic if you don't interrupt it. You can easily get stuck banging your head against this wall, but know that there are two other area's that you can get to to make yourself a bit stronger for her.

This mechanic continues after each of the bosses listed in the first spoiler. After each gateway you unlock more and more bosses/area's you can visit, at your leisure(OR NOT).

Now, I want to go back a bit to the beginning of the game. The boss under the "Father G" umbrella is only the Cleric Beast, which is actually optional and you can totally skip if you don't want to fight it. However, it's there to, more importantly, provide you with your first Insight so you can level up, win or lose.

Now, the opening of Bloodborne is tricky, because you start off WEAK AS SHIT. Your actual power is tied more to your weapon of choice then anything else. The Hunter Saw is the best opening weapon, by far, since it does bonus damage to beasts(And the first area is pretty much exclusively beasts), while the Axe is the better long term weapon, as it has good scaling and remains useful at every stage of the game, while the Saw teeter's off in places due to enemy changes.

And then you have the Threaded Cane. Both the best, and the Worst starting weapon. It has the best raw stat scaling out of any of the choices, and two good forms ideal for crowd clearing or single target damage. The only problem is, it's HEAVILY reliant on upgrading and scaling, so at the beginning, it's pretty much weak as all hell and if you pick it on your first initial character, be ready for a ROUGH go of it starting out.

Tack on the fact that Central Yharnam is MERCILESSLY huge with several BIG IMPORTANT shortcuts tucked away in off the beaten path locations, it's no wonder it's a playground of death and flustration. What's important to take into account on your first playthrough, is that before you face the first boss, don't even think about your Echo's, or how many you've gained. You're in the tutorial. A very hard, very big tutorial. They don't exist to you. Your main goal is to explore everything you possibly can and gather as much information about the area you're in as possible. Eventually, your hardfought exploring WILL pay off.

Secondly. Bloodborne is NOT SUBTLE when it comes to telling you a boss is coming. There will be a wide open area. It'll look Ominous as FUCK. If you aren't done exploring an area and you've come a long way, DON'T FIGHT THAT GUY. Find the shortcut. There is one you missed, for certain. Bloodborne is fairly merciful when it comes to run-backs after a boss, but 100% of the time it involves a shortcut.

So if you find yourself taking 20-25 minutes to get to a boss area, double back and look for a shortcut to that area.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Man, so after fooling around with the gun/rapier thing.....

I almost feel like restarting doing a pure skill/tinge build.

This discussion has been closed.