As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm] The Kael'thas patch was merely a setback

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Hunt also stuns doesn't it?

Not saying hunt is better than meta, but I do prefer using hunt myself.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I played a metric shit-ton of Diablo this weekend and then went back and looked up old videos from launch-ish to remind myself what an entirely different game it is now.

So now I'm itching for more Diablo stuff in Heroes.

Ceno on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    My only reference to Sylvanas is from Hearthstone. So I'm like "oh, yeah something to do with mind control."

This guy?

Yeah, some Blizzard anime character who lost a bet.

Right?

I think he was Sylvanas' boss?

Edit: Like, before she was undead.

He was a High Elf prince and student of magic at Dalaran. Than the whole undead destroying Silvermoon and the Sunwell happened. He led the surviving Blood Elves around Lorderan for a bit but the Alliance commander was extremely racist and kicked the elves out when they accepted help from the Naga (who were originally elves long ago before stuff happened and they went under the sea) because no one else would. The Naga were allied with Illidan so Kael wound up traveling to the Outland, helping Illidan break free from capture, and then got himself killed by WoW players. Twice.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »

Hunt stuns, takes about half their health. Pretty much a kill unless they've got help or stunlock and some kind of escape ability. Or are right beside a gate or something.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited April 2015

Hunt self-stuns Illidan for longer than it stuns his target, but yes, it does stun them on impact. That isn't really enough to make it worth it, and the majority of ults you can cancel with Hunt, you can dodge with Metamorph.

Hunt stuns, takes about half their health. Pretty much a kill unless they've got help or stunlock and some kind of escape ability. Or are right beside a gate or something.

Hunt's damage is not that high.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    My only reference to Sylvanas is from Hearthstone. So I'm like "oh, yeah something to do with mind control."

This guy?

Right?

They are both High Elves. Sylvanas was the Ranger General, and an important part of the High Elf military. Kael'thas is the Crown Prince of his people, next in line for succession, all that.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    First game as Sylvanas, this guy in lane says to me, "Dude, you're fucking scary". I like that she has some similarities to Puck from Dota, with regard to her movement / escapes. I can definitely get behind the Banshee Queen.
    Pun intended.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    Speaking of low damage: I understand it's a powerful stun, but why in his own name does Tyrael's Judgment do such terrible damage? It's worse than all of his basic abilities and it feels incredibly underwhelming to charge at a guy with a giant explosion of light knocking away his allies, and do as much damage as a Malfurion autoattack. I get that it's already his most popular ult by far, but c'mon Blizzard, buff that by 250% or something so it feels impactful.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    It's Sylvanas, by the way. Sylvanus is a Roman god of woods and fields.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Lorderon... Lorderon... I've heard that before in non-WoW conversations.

Or maybe I haven't?

Either way... where the hell is my Zealot hero with charge and serious Berzerk mode?

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

This guy?

Right?

He was a High Elf prince and student of magic at Dalaran. Than the whole undead destroying Silvermoon and the Sunwell happened. He led the surviving Blood Elves around Lorderan for a bit but the Alliance commander was extremely racist and kicked the elves out when they accepted help from the Naga (who were originally elves long ago before stuff happened and they went under the sea) because no one else would. The Naga were allied with Illidan so Kael wound up traveling to the Outland, helping Illidan break free from capture, and then got himself killed by WoW players. Twice.

Also ended up planning on betraying Illidan to his demon enemies before he was killed because Elves in WoW need some source of magic to sustain them generally and the Blood Elves were jonesing bad.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Judgement used to do respectable damage. Back before Blizzard decided they hate Tyrael and they don't want him to be cool.

They have nerfed damage to Judgement, Smite, his sword throw, and his auto attack.

• Options
    Tyrael used to be my favorite hero back before he got nerfed so hard. I just don't find him fun anymore. Especially without Cast Aside. He just feels like something is missing. I know that Cast Aside was broken, and it basically made him a better, more mobile ETC. But without it his kit feels incomplete. They need to put something else on Smite in its place. Some other secondary or utility effect that is good, but not game breaking.

• Options
    Heck, I even still miss Tyrael's old E. Back before Smite. Back when he had Sacrifice and was able to redirect 25% of incoming damage to one hero onto himself. And then you could talent his Sacrifice with a damage chains like the fire chains effect in Diablo. Ahh those were the days. Back when Tyrael was a respectable hero.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Are they seriously adding another Warcraft Assassin? We haven't had a new support since July.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I think Tyrael's actually pretty solid now, given his lane bullying is solid and his AoE shield has a lot of use. At the very least in Quick Match he can definitely get his whole team to focus on whoever he ults pretty damn fast. I just think he could use QoL things; buff his ult damage a bit so he can secure kills like most warriors can, and maybe let him take the force wall on Q earlier.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Tyrael had some nerf during Thrall ir TLV patches that kneecapped him. Up until then he was a respectable middle tier tank with great initiate.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    milski wrote: »
    It's Sylvanas, by the way. Sylvanus is a Roman god of woods and fields.

My bad; I'm clearly mixing up Sylvanus (the Roman god of woods and fields), Sylvanas (Windrunner, the Banshee Queen of the Forsaken) and Silvanus (The Forest Father, a Forgotten Realms greater diety who holds power over the Deep Wilds). :S

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Tyrael needs a better Trait is what he needs.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Tyrael needs better everything
    Better 2nd Ult
    Better Trait
    Better Talents

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    If an Uther player takes Divine Shield as his ult, and a Tyrael player takes Sanctification as his ult, could the Uther shield the Tyrael and then the Tyrael shield everyone else, thereby producing a 100% immune team?

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Tyrael needs better everything
    Better 2nd Ult
    Better Trait
    Better Talents

He just generally needs a better niche. He's got this weird mix of abilities that benefit his team being near him but other abilities (and an ult) that throw him into the enemy line away from his team.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Is Sylvanas' Possession ult considered the weaker of the two options, generally, or am I not utilizing it properly yet? I know that I could certainly be using it more effectively, but I'm not entirely certain its better than Wailing Arrow, except in a few corner-cases.

• Options
    It's the worst spell in the game including normal skills and passives.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    If Kael'thas doesn't respawn at the altar and claim that his previous death was "merely a setback", I'll be disappointed.

Enough with the Warcraft heroes, though. Seriously.

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Possession is terrible and is worse that wailing arrow in pretty much every way. There is no situation you're better off taking possession over arrow.

• Options
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    Possession is terrible and is worse that wailing arrow in pretty much every way. There is no situation you're better off taking possession over arrow.

Trying to throw a game. BOOM!

• Options
    I'd say styling on the enemy is a use, but there's really no situation one extra minion counts as styling on 'em.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    You know, I cant decide whether to feel sorry for that backdoor abathur I just spent the entire game ganking with The Hunt as soon as he popped up in the base, or cackle maniacally. I mean, it must suck to not be paying attention enough so that one character can completely marginalize all your talent choices heh.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Well that means they have until June to release a Starcraft/Warrior and a Diablo/Support.

they still haven't released everyone in the cinematic trailer!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    With Possession, I wonder if it possessing a whole minion wave at once, with like 30 second cooldown or something, would make it worth taking.

• Options
    squall99x wrote: »
    You know, I cant decide whether to feel sorry for that backdoor abathur I just spent the entire game ganking with The Hunt as soon as he popped up in the base, or cackle maniacally. I mean, it must suck to not be paying attention enough so that one character can completely marginalize all your talent choices heh.

There's been a lot of that going on since MFPallytime posted a video of it recently.

And he fucked it up in the clip, too.

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    With Possession, I wonder if it possessing a whole minion wave at once, with like 30 second cooldown or something, would make it worth taking.

I was thinking the same thing. Dropping it on one of those huge waves that build up over time would make it really threatening, especially if you pushed with it.

• Options
    make it chain like her W

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    It's the worst spell in the game including normal skills and passives.

I'm not sure I would go that far, as I'd give up creep tumors for it depending on the matchup. That said, Wailing Arrow is one of the best heroics in the game, and Possession is one of the worst, so it definitely should be taken 0% of the time.
    squall99x wrote: »

Nah, he deserves it for exploiting design issues. Fuck that guy.

• Options
    Yeah, fuck that guy for...using a legitimate strategy.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Creep tumors provide vision, even if the enemy team can blow them up, and provide very fast movespeed for laning harassment. They at least add something to your gameplay.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Yeah, fuck that guy for...using a legitimate strategy.

mobas!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Creep tumors are the only thing the game really has for wards besides the crappy spy bot (albeit better in recent times), and I'd take that over stealing a minion every four seconds.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing. Dropping it on one of those huge waves that build up over time would make it really threatening, especially if you pushed with it.

Yeah, I'm thinking like an AoE or a skill that jumps to nearby targets or something. Could be very powerful.

Imagine pushing at the core or a keep or something, the enemy creep wave comes along and suddenly they are all on your side and suped up. That's a big turnaround when pushing.

This discussion has been closed.