As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Amiibo] Chasing the Plastic Unicorn

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Charizard is up and ordered!

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    I don't know why the fact Amazon treats the amiibo as different "colors" of each other delights me as much as it does

"Hmm I would like an Amiibo, but which color is best. Maybe this nice fox-colored one."

I do think it's a smart way to do it, keep them all together. Their color choice interface was already in place so just use that!

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Now to wait for Lucina

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Charizup.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Oooh, and thanks to Prime I get him on Sunday. Niiiiice.

Edit: Well, the "estimated shipping" bits lied; my confirmation says he comes Wednesday.

Oh well, at least I didn't have to sit through lines or anything.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Charizup.

Charizordered.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Man I am glad I only want two Amiibo (one's the Splatoon 3 pack) from Amazon today because I don't have Prime and I would need to pay shipping on each individual one the way Amazon's doling these out. I guess it'd be worth it to try to get customer service to combine the orders after all is said and done so the shipping goes free again even with just what I've ordered.

Opty on
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Aha, interesting, Pac-Man has changed to "In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process."

I wonder. If we assume that Amazon has similar ratios to brick and mortar stores, and most stores got like 12 Charizard and he sells out in 12 minutes, then can we assume that since stores got 4 Lucina she will sell out in 4 minutes? :P

Opty wrote: »
    Man I am glad I only want two Amiibo (one's the Splatoon 3 pack) from Amazon today because I don't have Prime and I would need to pay shipping on each individual one the way Amazon's doling these out. I guess it'd be worth it to try to get customer service to combine the orders after all is said and done so the shipping goes free again even with just what I've ordered.

Can stuff get stolen out of your cart? Charizard is in my cart. I already have one but my friend might want one so I'm checking with him.

Would be nice to calmly add each of these to your cart and then checkout with all at the end.

EDIT: Yes, he was stolen.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    I had Charizard in my cart but I couldn't commit, bah. Someone on the Amiibo subreddit told me he's the rarer of the two between him and Wario, but I dunno if I 100% believe that.

Doesn't matter now, since he's out of stock, so oh well either way.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Yeah, Lucina and Robin would be the ones I'd be most worried about if I wanted to get them.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I had Charizard in my cart but I couldn't commit, bah. Someone on the Amiibo subreddit told me he's the rarer of the two between him and Wario, but I dunno if I 100% believe that.

Doesn't matter now, since he's out of stock, so oh well either way.

He's back.

You should probably commit, he is kinda medium-rare. Unlike the food he eats.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    Charizup.

Charizordered.

Charizout

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    A shame I can't add these all to one cart and get them shipped to me--I'd be more willing to buy 'em all in one fell swoop this way.

As it is now if I have to get a dozen packages shipped to me and pay shipping on each one, I'm less likely to buy a bunch.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    So I am in possession of one Sliver Mario. Is it at all rare?

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Inkling Boy is up.

• Options
    Splatoon Boy Get!

• Options
    I guess I'll get the squid by itself from Play Asia now

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I gotta say I really appreciate the way amazon did this

even if I don't end up getting any, at least they tried to do something for the customers

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

even if I don't end up getting any, at least they tried to do something for the customers

Granted I've been out of the loop for a few months but I feel like things are starting to get more organized, maybe?

This is way better than preorders opening up at 2 AM my time randomly someday and they're all instantly gone.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I do feel like I have an insignificant chance to get Lucina, instead of zero like it has always been for every amiibo. That's progress I suppose.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

Granted I've been out of the loop for a few months but I feel like things are starting to get more organized, maybe?

This is way better than preorders opening up at 2 AM my time randomly someday and they're all instantly gone.

And then they cancel those orders and turn around and sell it on eBay. I'm looking at you Toys R Us.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    P9cFKHq.jpg

We're doing it, guys. We're bringing down Amazon.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    hzn6psy87z6j.jpg

This is how I feel.

General_Armchair on
    f5.JPG 84.3K
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    I have 2 different windows I'm switching between to F5 in case I F5 too hard and miss it.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Just picked up Wario and Charizard from Nebraska Furniture Mart (saw them up this morning, and coincidentally those two STILL hadn't shipped from walmart.com so I said fuck walmart and cancelled that order - though now it seems magically not cancelled. Oh well, if they come I can return them in-store at least). The detail on Wario is crazy. He looks really good. He *may* unseat Shulk as best looking amiibo (though probably not, Shulk is fantastic)

Interestingly, I saw the guy bring a Lucina out to the car sitting next to me. Never saw her up, maybe it was later in the day? (I stopped checking after I got mine this morning).

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    AgahnimAgahnim Registered User regular
    Is Lucina sold out?

2.jpg
    3DS FC: 2148-8300-8608 WiiU: AgahnimD
  • Options
    I haven't seen her go up yet. F5 harder people.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I haven't seen her go up yet. F5 harder people.

She is a time traveler - she probably traveled back to 2pm PT and now you missed her :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    THESE SELLERS

• Options
    AgahnimAgahnim Registered User regular
    Jesus this is madness.

2.jpg
    3DS FC: 2148-8300-8608 WiiU: AgahnimD
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    I have 2 different windows I'm switching between to F5 in case I F5 too hard and miss it.

Are you me?

Although I'm doing it in case it starts loading on one window, and not the other.

I don't really want Lucina, I just want to be able to trade her for Lucas or Palutena if they end up being totally rare.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    RockinX wrote: »

Are you me?

Although I'm doing it in case it starts loading on one window, and not the other.

I don't really want Lucina, I just want to be able to trade her for Lucas or Palutena if they end up being totally rare.

Which they will be.

Even more so if they are store exclusives.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Holy moly, I got Lucina! $12.99. Go go go!!!

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    pxole38fixsj.png
    OMGOMGOMG!

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    it wont load : (

it must have sold out in like... seconds?

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Wow, I didn't even see her go up. Glad I didn't need her anymore :P

• Options
    Uh what how

This discussion has been closed.