Options

[Warframe] It's good to know that we can dream more than once. (U18 is out!)

• Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Honestly I'd say frame/weapon slots. Pretty soon you will have the dps to speed run bosses and get lots of frames and gun's you don't want to toss.

As for gear and mods. Reactor's and Catalysis's come up a decent rate, I bumble onto one or so a week on average. The mods are generally not too horrible to get your hands on if you want to farm them yourself. Once you have a solid frame and gun built up you can get the rest with a lot less trouble.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Also don't get discouraged if you say something in clan/alliance chat and don't get a reply

half the time people are running stuff and the chat window doesn't even show up then so there's no way to know anyone says anything

i can't count the number of times i've finished running a mission and it turns out an entire conversation was initiated and ended before i got to say anything

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    This thread is probably the best place to post specific requests like "Hey anybody got an extra Split Chamber?"

Immediately twelve hands go up, and two of them belong to the same person

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Cool, thanks guys!

So I hit level 30 on all my gear last night and switched back to my Skana and MK-1 Braton just to level them up fully. Not having my full 30 mod power is a huge difference, I feel so nerfed.

Are there missions that people usually run to level things up?

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    This game has become Pretty Pretty Space Ninjas.

My handiwork

She's gorgeous!

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    From what I can tell, mods are 90% of the progression for your character, so having an unranked weapon is like going back to level 1.

Affinity farming is easiest on defense missions like Io, Jupiter and Camenae, Sedna.

I ended up buying a week long XP/Credits booster for $2 at [popular third-party steam key website] that feels like an absolute bargain for how many hours I've put in.

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    My typical progression for a new weapon is:

1. Lua, Earth excavation for fresh gear. Bring a leveled weapon along so you can contribute after your new gun becomes ineffective. Go as long as you can. Should get your stuff to level 10-15 provided your team sticks around for 1000-1500 points. If not, run again. This is also a great way to farm up void keys as every fourth extractor after #3 rewards a key.
    2. Dark Sector Excavation on Earth. It's exactly the same as Lua except the enemy spawns are dialed up to eleven. Survivability mods/powers recommended or your teammates will spend half the match reviving you. Dark Sectors give a flat XP/resource bonus so you can farm Neurodes while you farm XP. Dawg.
    3. Dark Sector Defense on Jupiter. Juice Infested. Collect Neural Sensors. Gun should be level 20 by now.

After that it's off to one of these places:

5. Triton Excavation, Neptune. Best place in the game to farm Rare Fusion Cores. Can get pretty intense at times.
    6. Kiste, Ceres. Mobile Defense with three guaranteed points and a metric shit-ton of enemies. Orokin Cell drops are pretty regular.
    7. Dark Sector Defense on Pluto/Ceres. I get bored of these maps having run them a zillion times so I tend to alternate. Groups here tend to bail after wave 5 because the credit payouts are cray-cray 23,000+ per run.

As you can see I like to double-dip so while I'm leveling stuff I'm also farming up other things whether it's credits, resources or keys. I feel like that's a better use of time than just grinding for XP alone since the current public meta is "Get a Mesa/Gmag/Frost/Trinity and AFK farm Draco ad nauseum, and also don't forget to be toxic to everyone who stumbles into a public match and isn't a tryhard."

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I just completed a deception mission on Jupiter and I not only was able to easily complete the mission and then scan my Simaris target, but I also got invaded by Zanuka and managed to scan it and then defeat it and got it's sigil, the Detron bp, and the Detron receiver! Not a bad way to start my day!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    I was disappointed to discover try-hard means wanna-be / poseur. I was imagining something more interesting. See also: original sin.

I think those toxic folks are mostly on missions 5-7. I haven't seen too many on the newbie planets. Straight grinding (probably with the same load-out the whole time) with would make me grouchy too. It's not as efficient, but I enjoy spy missions for solo XP. Solve a puzzle, get nine thousand XP.

Also, I liked your Mag. It's like a high saturation version of my old Trapper Keeper. I say stick with that theme.

Playlist engaged.

• Options
    Blain wrote: »
    I was disappointed to discover try-hard means wanna-be / poseur. I was imagining something more interesting. See also: original sin.

I think those toxic folks are mostly on missions 5-7. I haven't seen too many on the newbie planets. Straight grinding (probably with the same load-out the whole time) with would make me grouchy too. It's not as efficient, but I enjoy spy missions for solo XP. Solve a puzzle, get nine thousand XP.

Also, I liked your Mag. It's like a high saturation version of my old Trapper Keeper. I say stick with that theme.

Playlist engaged.

Actually in that instance tryhard means more like, "minmaxes and takes the game super seriously"

Also, thanks for the blast from the past with those Trapper Keeper pics. I felt like I was in 4th grade again!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I tend to do ceres dsd/draco or T1D/T2D if I'm leveling something. The ceres DSD is fast and gives ~25k credits in a few minutes with enough experience to get an unused piece if gear to level 15 or so fairly quick just off shared affenity.

Regardless, if your pugging I highly recommend bringing something that's maxed. Between stalker, kill squads, g3, zanuka, or just instant quit teammates in Defense having insurance is good to have.

• Options
    Also, the Simulor gun is fucking ballllller as hell

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    So I made my way through Phobos today, killed the boss there. I'm starting to hit levels where I just feel I'm not doing enough damage. I think I need to level up my mods some more. I have the proper combinations of mods, I just don't have maxed out mods because of the money situation. My serration isn't halfway done yet, and I also don't have a cryo mod for my rifle either. I've been getting by on just Fire, Electric, and Toxin until now.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    This thread is probably the best place to post specific requests like "Hey anybody got an extra Split Chamber?"

Immediately twelve hands go up, and two of them belong to the same person

Yeah, speaking for myself, I nearly always leave at least two spare duplicates of anything I'm using as fusion fodder, just on the off chance someone needs one. More, if the mod is rare.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I tend not to have dupes, because I'm .... slightly obsessive. And there's only one case so far where it's really been useful, which is having one low-rank Serration that can be slotted in a new or recently Forma'd rifle almost immediately, before I have room for my maxed-out one.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Ehhh, I never cared for that. IMO it is better to leave the forma'd weapon holstered while relying on a good frame or secondary weapon. Just let group XP level up the primary until you can slot the full power serration in. It doesn't take long at all at places like Pluto:Sechura or Ceres:Draco.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Yeah, tagging along with the alliance for an endless void is the one true way to level.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    POTATO WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Options
    I'm kind of happy that I don't have access to Ceres for that potato war yet.

Because it would piss me off a little that a potato war started right as I had to go to work for the day.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I guess now would not be the best time to mention Taxis.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    I guess now would not be the best time to mention Taxis.

Oh, I know what taxis are. I've just been working my way through the systems one by one because I guess I'll have to do it eventually. My biggest problem has been missing some critical mods, like the frost damage mod for rifles, the split shot mod, and most of the critical mods for the Mag warframe to make her spells more powerful.

• Options
    MaijinamuroMaijinamuro Registered User regular
    Hello, I just started playing again. I'm on PC, is it possible to get an invite? If so ID is Maijinamuro.

• Options
    Hello, I just started playing again. I'm on PC, is it possible to get an invite? If so ID is Maijinamuro.

Assuming I didn't typo again its sent.

• Options
    I've been wondering, can't you just copy from outside the game and paste it into the invite field?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    I spent an entire day unlocking Europa, trying farm Control Modules to build Saryn. Farmed through Baal like eight times and didn't get a thing. I then decide to do an extermination mission in the Void, solo, and end up getting six in one run. It's a strange time to be a futurespacemarinecloneninjarobot.

I gotta say, the only thing I really have a problem with in this game is the build time. I feel like I'm playing a cellphone game.

• Options
    Finished up Europa today. I ended up pretty much soloing Raptor because my teammate couldn't do any damage to it. I should probably bring along some ammunition consumables for these bosses, because it feels like I run out of ammo a lot. I was dangerously low on ammo at the end of the Raptor fight.

• Options
    Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    I spent an entire day unlocking Europa, trying farm Control Modules to build Saryn. Farmed through Baal like eight times and didn't get a thing. I then decide to do an extermination mission in the Void, solo, and end up getting six in one run. It's a strange time to be a futurespacemarinecloneninjarobot.

I gotta say, the only thing I really have a problem with in this game is the build time. I feel like I'm playing a cellphone game.

Never had much of an issue with build times myself. Since most of them are 12-24 hours, it basically just amounts to putting stuff in the oven at the beginning or end of your play session, and having it in your hands the next time you log in. Only exception is with warframe build times. Stuff takes forever man :sad:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    I've been wondering, can't you just copy from outside the game and paste it into the invite field?

You can indeed!

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Finished up Europa today. I ended up pretty much soloing Raptor because my teammate couldn't do any damage to it. I should probably bring along some ammunition consumables for these bosses, because it feels like I run out of ammo a lot. I was dangerously low on ammo at the end of the Raptor fight.

Can you still murder raptor with shield polarize?

Edit - really am curious, ?Jackel? got some sort of damage cap that made farming him extremely annoying. Made powers and low rof high damage kits almost worthless as a result. At least when I was hunting ruinous extension last month.

DreadBert on
  • Options
    Kashaar wrote: »

You can indeed!

0.o

Well heck.

• Options
    DreadBert wrote: »

Can you still murder raptor with shield polarize?

Edit - really am curious, ?Jackel? got some sort of damage cap that made farming him extremely annoying. Made powers and low rof high damage kits almost worthless as a result. At least when I was hunting ruinous extension last month.

I didn't really try, he seemed to be made of mostly armor. I did use bullet attractor on him once or twice though, since his normal attacks reflect back to himself when it's on him.

• Options
    Think I used to just hide behind a rock and just polarize every time his shield refilled to Max the damage. Don't recall it taking more then a few cycles.

• Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    They might have lifted that cap on the Jackal. With Opticor it's one shot to to leg, one shot to body, one shot to leg, one shot to body. No more Jackal. And that's with an Opticor that's only potatoed. No forma.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    On July 7 at 2 p.m. EDT, Mag Prime, Boar Prime and Dakra Prime will enter the Prime Vault, with all of their crafting parts abolished from The Void. If you already wield the power of these Primes, they will remain in your inventory.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/482945-last-chance-for-mag-prime-parts-in-the-void/

Also you have presents waiting if you log in, Red White and Blue colors, some fireworks and a Paris skin.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    On July 7 at 2 p.m. EDT, Mag Prime, Boar Prime and Dakra Prime will enter the Prime Vault, with all of their crafting parts abolished from The Void. If you already wield the power of these Primes, they will remain in your inventory.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/482945-last-chance-for-mag-prime-parts-in-the-void/

Also you have presents waiting if you log in, Red White and Blue colors, some fireworks and a Paris skin.

I don't understand, what's the point of removing prime versions of warframes?

Not gonna lie, as a new player who really likes playing Mag, I'm kind of disappointed that I won't be able to craft a prime version.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular

Not gonna lie, as a new player who really likes playing Mag, I'm kind of disappointed that I won't be able to craft a prime version.

It's their halfassed solution to the bloat in the void loot tables. Rather than add new mission types or something (Void Spy! Void Sabotage! Void Interceptions other than T4!), they started cycling the old primes into the disneyprime vault

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

You can buy them via market or trade. Anybody in the alliance that does a ton of void probably has enough for a set too.

I guess I need to farm for Boar Prime and Dakra Prime stuff to make those now.

Ideally they should implement a get to a "SET A Prime Head Part" that allows you to form a Mag/Frost/Etc head... and so on. Packaging the parts would reduce loot table dilution and give players the illusion of choice. A win-win!

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options

You can buy them via market or trade. Anybody in the alliance that does a ton of void probably has enough for a set too.

I guess I need to farm for Boar Prime and Dakra Prime stuff to make those now.

Ideally they should implement a get to a "SET A Prime Head Part" that allows you to form a Mag/Frost/Etc head... and so on. Packaging the parts would reduce loot table dilution and give players the illusion of choice. A win-win!

Right, and now they're going to be more expensive when they go out of rotation.

It just kinda seems like the company is giving me the middle finger because I wasn't playing 3-6 months ago. It might not be, but it feels that way.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Hmm... Nothing that I've read in the forums about the Alliance suggests that they'd do that to you?

Or are you not playing on PC?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    DE is incredibly short sighted about these things.

They could easily use the ducat system for void parts but won't.

This discussion has been closed.