As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fighting Games] Discussion Round 3 - Fight!

• Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    I was at Subway during Marvel. Saw Kane crying a stream of tears yesterday.

Didn't he had a bad rep with asking people let him crash in their houses for a long time?

UFspa90.jpg

who can resist fighting game dramas?

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    At least it's not Pokémon championship drama.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Crocodile tears.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I finally tuned in to EVO to see some SF and just caught that Abel set. I have nearly no experience in fighting games and have very little idea what's going on but I'm already HYPE AS HELL. This stuff is crazy.

Also decided to tune in because I've started playing Brawlhalla which has softened me up a lot on fighting games. Wonder if/when they'll be in EVO.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Yeah, you caught the craziest match of the night yet.

Super bummed Infiltration couldn't close it out because that would've been incredibly hype,

Zxerol on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    FUCK WHAT I SAID THIS GAMERBEE/INFILTRATION MATCH OMG

• Options
    someone has stolen the winnings (trophy and prize money) of the 5th place mvc3 player. :<

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    what? source?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    stream
  • Options
    Hmph...that's really shitty.

Man this last match is hype.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    that...is a shitty turn of events. razr sticks huh?

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    Wow, I wanted Gamerbee to win so bad. I feel like the stick malfunction thing messed up his momentum.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    Have to say, very disappointed in the 3rd party media content this year. Epic hype videos and amazing combo movies replaced by ads and trailers.

#esports or whatever the kids say.

stream
  • Options
    that...is a shitty turn of events. razr sticks huh?

Well, those need maintenance too. 3 days in a row.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Page- wrote: »
    Have to say, very disappointed in the 3rd party media content this year. Epic hype videos and amazing combo movies replaced by ads and trailers.

#esports or whatever the kids say.

They need a higher budget and higher standards. Everything in the stage looked very cheap.

I detest hypemeisters as much as anyone.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    someone has stolen the winnings (trophy and prize money) of the 5th place mvc3 player. :<

How is that possible? They don't cut them a check, but actually hand out cash?

Sad situation.

Also, the grand finals was ruined by the Razer stick malfunction. PR nightmare for that company should be incoming.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    This is why you buy an Eightarc/Quanba or a Madcatz.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Derrick wrote: »

How is that possible? They don't cut them a check, but actually hand out cash?

Sad situation.

Also, the grand finals was ruined by the Razer stick malfunction. PR nightmare for that company should be incoming.

They stole the guy's trophy and all the cash he'd made from a booth.

stream
  • Options
    Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    Do we know what actually happened? Did Momochi's hand just slip, or did his stick mess up? I felt like they were careful to not show what stick he had been using before it happened.

Really unfortunate ending to what had been the best SF top 8 I can remember seeing. Gamerbee vs Infiltration was physically exhausting to watch.

• Options
  • Options
    Re watching the new character trailer. Basically Evil Ryu + Wolverine.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Like many of the newer and changed SF characters, I saw shades of KOF. Strong Yamazaki, Iori, and Oswald in the specials, if not the character design. Not that it's a bad thing. King of Fighters has about 387 characters, so they've got things covered.

In fact, Ken had KOF vibes as well, with all the running.

I'm curious now about which of the SF4 characters will make the cut. With only 16 to start, and 4 of them being new characters, we've got only 5 slots left (!!!) for others. With a year to go before release, they're probably going to start teasing DLC characters long before the game is on the shelves.

stream
  • Options
    They must be developing DLC characters by now. Season pass for sure.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Checking Gamerbee's twitter:

Just a month ago.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTxsV0RO538

is a way better version

EDIT: sonichurricane probably ragequit about max getting a contribution achievement

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Anyone have a list of non-official EVO channels with side tournaments and stuff?

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Deans wrote: »
    Anyone have a list of non-official EVO channels with side tournaments and stuff?

https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/1EHN7ZgYrAfFLICWRTKjNdYPozj1OCkQD5RBR77Pv98k/pub

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Deans wrote: »

https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/1EHN7ZgYrAfFLICWRTKjNdYPozj1OCkQD5RBR77Pv98k/pub

Neat!

• Options
    "WAIFU SERIES"

Ha. Is Zhi a commentator?

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    edited July 2015
    The stuff that was on the Numakie stream is on their Youtube. The Jyosua steam stuff isn't uploaded yet.

Also, KoF had some really good matches, though the commentary was lacking.

And the Catherine tournament was fucking legit.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    For some of you who like your Neo Geo fighters on the go, the latest Humble Mobile Android bundle happens to have some classics in there such as Samurai Showdown 2, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Fatal Fury Special and King of Fighters 97.

https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Those aren't PSN versions playable on a handheld. :(

How does one even play a fighting game on a phone?

• Options
    edited July 2015

In other news, Gamerbee has an automatic pass to Capcom Cup. Does Momochi qualify as previous champion or points?

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    Re watching the new character trailer. Basically Evil Ryu + Wolverine.

Blanka + Akuma = Rasta Akuma.

D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    It's gonna get a Kratos skin.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options

In other news, Gamerbee has an automatic pass to Capcom Cup. Does Momochi qualify as previous champion or points?

He auto-qualifies as the reigning champion.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Oh shit, it made Sports Center.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5R9r-eCYvY

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Feeling nostalgic, and I managed to stumble upon one of my old image galleries from an NEC years back. It was the one where Daishi came with his translator, and after the demo of SC5 had been shut down for the day (the halls in which the machines were kept have to be closed after a certain time) he spent hours and hours chatting with the players, drinking, and answering questions on anything and everything. It was unprecedented, and it's one of the reasons I feel sad about how SC5 panned out, and how he took all the blame.

nIgHbd9.jpg

He even played SC5 against anyone who wanted, and was surprisingly not bad.

The rest of the album here.

He even dropped by our rooms (where everyone goes to keep playing) after they kicked us out of the main lobby. That was the last Soulcalibur 4 major (I think, or at least that I went to), before Soulcalibur 5 came out. Tons of fun.

Page- on
    stream