As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wet Hot American [TV] Thread

Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited July 2015 in Social Entropy++
Starring the same ol regulars. Hermano

wet-hot-american-summer-inline.jpg

Raijin Quickfoot
Balefuego
Poorochondriac
Blake T
The Geebs That Posts in the Wet Hot American TV Thread
H. Jon Benjamin
TheStig
Mr. G
Those other guys.

screen-shot-2015-01-10-at-12-39-55-pm.png?w=807

Raijin Quickfoot on

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Whoops, thought the old one was already locked

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Oh! How nice!

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I always knew I deserved to be above Jon Benjamin on the call sheet

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Hermano wrote: »
    Oh

You're automatically implied

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    The Elizabeth Banks twist is the highlight so far, though I'm only two episodes in

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Oh maybe, Hermano..you were always there

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I always knew I deserved to be above Jon Benjamin on the call sheet

Thanks for pointing that out. That was an oversight by the casting company.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Two episodes in, it's not as silly/goofy as I'd like, but hopes are high.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Okay yeah, now it's getting appropriately stupid.

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Taking it higher and higher

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Boy, that just got rolling and basically never stopped. Really really good, and really sad that that's all there is and (I'm assuming) ever will be.

• Options
    If you haven't already watch Hurricane of Fun : The Making of Wet Hot.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    The fight scenes in Banshee are so satisfying.

• Options
    The one thing I'm bummed about with Wet Hot American Summer is they still couldn't get Tom Lennon or Ben Garant in there

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Also I assume folks noticed who the punk kids in the convenience store were?

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Also I assume folks noticed who the punk kids in the convenience store were?

Were they the now-grown-up actors that played the science club nerd kids? The girl was the only one that looked immediately familiar but that was my first thought.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    This should not be surprising but Review throws dark really quickly.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I have always aspired to be one of "those other guys".

All my wildest dreams have come true.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    you got a lotta nerve with this op, quickfoot!!!

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i mean i don't post that much in the tv thread but i still have feelings and a tremendous ego

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Rowdy Roddy Piper aka Da Maniac from always sunny died today :(

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I drank a lot of beers today

One for every episode of Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp I watched

Which was all of it

And then like three before that to get the confidence to put my short shorts and tank top on

It was a good night, TV thread

That was a good show

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Why would you need confidence for a tank top and short shorts

That's what you put them on for in the first place

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Why would you need confidence for a tank top and short shorts

That's what you put them on for in the first place

I am getting better about sharing my noodle arms with the world

But these daisy dukes are really short

There's some inherent danger with these suckers

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Google Fu is failing me, but rewatching Wet Hot American Summer, after Steve finishes his stage act, is one of the extra's that starts the slow clap, a very young Jon Lajoie? Looks so much like him, but can't find out one way or another.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    This should not be surprising but Review throws dark really quickly.

It gets super dark in the show opening before the episode even starts.
    One of the example reviews is 'Babysitting' and it looks like Forrest is with some cops at a crime scene.

I also loved that 'Living As A Woman' uses the same bar, pose, etc. as 'Assuming A New Identity' from last time.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    i mean i don't post that much in the tv thread but i still have feelings and a tremendous ego

Deal with it!

• Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    Drank with my buddies and watched the Maniac episode of Always Sunny. RIP Piper :(

Also, just watched Wet Hot American Summer movie and it was pretty good. Gotta check out this series. Or am I mistaken that's what's going on?

Loved the going to town deal the most, I think.

• Options
    This episode of its Always Sunny with them trying to steal the vase is Hella awkward but awesome.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    This episode of its Always Sunny with them trying to steal the vase is Hella awkward but awesome.
    It's weird that they were Asians right?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    In and out like a demon's whisper

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    finally getting a chance to watch this episode of Review
    jesus

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    finally getting a chance to watch this episode of Review
    jesus

iG68Na0.jpg

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I showed a buddy of mine Wet Hot American Summer last night.

He loved it, but the biggest laugh for both of us was this little bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBqxiEnn1Xo

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    There's just so many great one off gags in WHAS

I love it so much

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    First Day of Camp is one of the most impressive things I've ever seen.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    Sorry, Daredevil Episode 2

Wet Hot American Summer Episode 8 has you beat for "TV Action Scene of the Year"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I love Jon Hamm

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    [pottery shatters]

This discussion has been closed.