Options

How to MOUTHFEEL an American [BEER]MOUTHFEEL

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Ugh, is it pumpkin beer time?

My least favorite time.

Does the fact that it's also oktoberfest beer time help? If not then there is no hope for you.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm cool with Oktoberfest. I just don't enjoy 98% of pumpkin beer and they make so damn many of them.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    There's probably going to be even more pumpkin beers this year since Budweiser was making fun of Pumpkin beers.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Indeed makes a Sweet Potato beer and it is legendary.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Ever since I had that first frost beer a few months ago I've wanted to find another beer I could enjoy but haven't had much luck.

It was the first beer I've ever liked enough to be able to finish.

I wish I knew what to look for.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    You just know someone will make an IPA where the P is for pumpkin and you will drink it and like it

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    Brew kit got (great deal on a complete kit, looks like it has everything I'll need even as I move up to more complex methods), now to determine which beginner's extract recipe kit I'll get to try first.

does northern brewer have a budweiser or tecate light clone? (bad joke, I know.. leaning more towards a brown ale or a porter, I'll have to see what the shop has in stock when I get up there)

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Ugh, is it pumpkin beer time?

My least favorite time.

Does the fact that it's also oktoberfest beer time help? If not then there is no hope for you.

I share @Raijin Quickfoot's dislike of pumpkin beers, but I goddamn love me some Oktoberfest Marzens.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I'm at a bar and they have Founder's Rubaeus on nitro tap.

• Options
    jgeis wrote: »

I am super envious.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »

I am super envious.

It is a damn fine beer and excels on Nitro.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    It's an excellent beer and I bet it's even better on nitro.

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    I've never had it on nitro! It's so good, though.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Uriel wrote: »
    Ever since I had that first frost beer a few months ago I've wanted to find another beer I could enjoy but haven't had much luck.

What was it called? There's a good chance one of us has had something similar and can point you in the right direction.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    I've never had it on nitro! It's so good, though.

If you ever get down to Pheonixville Bistro on bridge has it fairly often and I believe they have it now last I checked,

• Options
    altlat55altlat55 Registered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    altlat55 wrote: »
    I'm drinking moscow mules tonight. It's a nice mix up, but I feel a little dirty.

why? it is a tasty beverage that is stupid easy to make.

They are tasty, but it still feels like a waste of my liver. There are just too many beers to drink.

I'm kidding, there is no such thing as too many beers.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Moscow Mules are a wonderful summer drink

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    Fall in New England is perfect Porter weather, but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo we have to have spicy pumpkin beers because everyone's afraid of the darkness. I love porter.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    Hey everybody! I just realized something.

I'm driving over to Wisconsin this weekend!

• Options

I have a run of 10 days in September where I will be in Nashville for 3 then down to Orlando and the Disney Beer and Wine fest for 6 then back home to a Beer festival in Pottstown for the day to finish off. I am predicting ten straight days of Tapping in multiple times with new brews. Quite excited.

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    I like a few pumpkin ales, but not many. Porters are excellent when it starts to get chilly. Dock Street actually does a pumpkin porter which is their usual porter with just a bit of the pumpkin spice. I love it because it's not overpowering like a lot of them.

Last fall I got really into the seasonal red ales, too.

• Options
    I wouldn't call pumpkin beers anywhere near a favorite but I don't dislike them. Southern Tier Pumking is amazing though. It is aptly named as it is the king of all pumpkin beers.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    My go to pumpkin beer is Big Black Jack by Oakshire brewing right here in Eugene. Has some nice chocolatey overtones that make tone down the pumpkin a bit, making a nice dessert beer out of the whole thing. I'll usually finish a night with one, or have one with some cheesecake.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16068/74663/

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Deadfall wrote: »

What was it called? There's a good chance one of us has had something similar and can point you in the right direction.

First Frost from Full Steam Brewery

I could always probably wait until winter and get another one of them, but it'd be nice to find something similar i can get more often.

• Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular

Possibly accurate representation of your trunk on the return trip:
    2013-subaru-brz-beer-bottles.jpg

Going further than Eau Claire?

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    I can't describe that as fully accurate as he's not in the trunk hugging everything to his chest and openly weeping.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options

We're going to The Dells

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular

I could always probably wait until winter and get another one of them, but it'd be nice to find something similar i can get more often.

I'm not familiar with that one, but I just looked it up and it sounds delicious. I'll have to find it this winter.

If that's what you like and only that, do you buddy. Nothing wrong with sticking to your favorite. But if you wanted to expand, judging by beer advocate, look for dark Belgians or Christmas ales with fruit and spices.

Unfortunately, we have like 3 months until winter beers, my faves too, hit shelves.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    I'm so ready for winter beer. Cold outside and big, thick, heavy, high abv beerd to keep me warm.

Also I love Christmas beers.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    I'm so ready for winter beer. Cold outside and big, thick, heavy, high abv beerd to keep me warm.

Also I love Christmas beers.

yeah. Though I don't feel a need to wait for winter to enjoy beer like that. :smile:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sometimes. When it's super hot though I don't want a thick stout. Weighs you down to much.

• Options

I'm not familiar with that one, but I just looked it up and it sounds delicious. I'll have to find it this winter.

If that's what you like and only that, do you buddy. Nothing wrong with sticking to your favorite. But if you wanted to expand, judging by beer advocate, look for dark Belgians or Christmas ales with fruit and spices.

Unfortunately, we have like 3 months until winter beers, my faves too, hit shelves.

Hm

I'ma have to go on a journey to find some of those soon.

But yeah I actually don't know if I can even find the one I liked up here since I got it for satans last Christmas. I guess Full Steam is in North Carolina?

I guess I could have my step brother send me one haha. He moved there not long ago.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

So. Jealous.

Was in Milwaukee today for the Wisconsin State Fair and wanted to make a stop somewhere to pick up some New Glarus before coming back, but we got a late start and by the time we were heading back I had one cranky kid and one sleeping kid. Oh well. Should be in Lake Geneva for a weekend in a month, with considerably more free time.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Okay, THIS weekend there's no typhoon, AND I don't have work on Monday, AND I just banked an extra 80 bucks because of a little extra time at work, so THIS time I'm totally gonna buy some beers.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    It's Friday and I have a large nitro Old Chub in the fridge at work for the train ride home.

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    It's Friday and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. I'm going to go grab a 12 pack of a session IPA and a giant Kielbasa and some local veggies and have some friends over to toast summer's waning. wang. summer's wanging.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I bawt bur.
    repast_zpskpsmyodn.jpg

Anybody ever tried Omer? It had a high alky content and was on the cheaper side. Leffe I've had, it's light but tasty.

This is "the list".
    bur_zpsfecms5w8.jpg

Anything on here anybody recommends besides the famous junk like Delerium and Chimay?

Edit: What in the heck is Straffe Hendrik!?

sarukun on
  • Options
    I can vouch for the Rochefort 8 and 10.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Good, cuz that shit sounds fancy as fuck and it's 9 and 11% respectively.

Bit pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Edit: Shoulda drank the Omer first or grabbed a palate cleanser, after the Leffe, this thing is basically tasteless.

Edit-edit: This Omer is growing on me, it's a teeny bit dry and has this weird thing where it feels like somebody said the word "smokey" over the mouth before they capped it.

Edit-edit-edit: Okay, two 8 percenters and I'm ready to make some bad decisions.

Not like, double-posting bad, but

well, you know.

sarukun on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I would order the Nikeberry and Satan Red Ale because those names are intriguing.

This discussion has been closed.