As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rick and Morty] and Mr. Poopy Butthole

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    The Ice-T joke had all the feel of "We tried to get a famous singer for this role, but all we could get was Ice-T". And then fuck it up by not actually getting Ice-T.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    The Ice-T joke had all the feel of "We tried to get a famous singer for this role, but all we could get was Ice-T". And then fuck it up by not actually getting Ice-T.

I wonder if they got a commitment from Ice-T and he bailed at the last moment. If nothing else, I look forward to hearing the commentary track for this episode.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    If you listen to Harmon Town, one of the recurring guests on the show is a comedian who's running gag if doing Ice T impersonations. Guess it didn't quite translate.

In fact most of this episode smells of Harmon Town, just wish he'd have gone with the Shadowrun A plot.

DanHibiki on
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I think the episode in a vacuum was fairly weak, but I think its value to the series will be building more on the relationship between Rick and Morty and laying more groundwork for the "baby morty" mystery they've been hinting at for awhile.

My favorite bit was when Morty fast-ropped out of the black hawk.... And then the president (who was piloting the black hawk) followed Morty and fast-ropped too. I just got a kick out of that. Also flashbacks to battlefield games where people would take helicopters as their personal taxi and then just bail out to leave the helicopter to spin out of control and crash.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    If you listen to Harmon Town, one of the recurring guests on the show is a comedian who's running gag if doing Ice T impersonations. Guess it didn't quite translate.

In fact most of this episode smells of Harmon Town, just wish he'd have gone with the Shadowrun A plot.

Dan's character is the only fun part about their shadowrun...run. I liked DnD better.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I think the episode in a vacuum was fairly weak, but I think its value to the series will be building more on the relationship between Rick and Morty and laying more groundwork for the "baby morty" mystery they've been hinting at for awhile.

My favorite bit was when Morty fast-ropped out of the black hawk.... And then the president (who was piloting the black hawk) followed Morty and fast-ropped too. I just got a kick out of that. Also flashbacks to battlefield games where people would take helicopters as their personal taxi and then just bail out to leave the helicopter to spin out of control and crash.

When they JUST SAID they might not even have two hours to spare, they take a helicopter to Area 51 instead of a portal. Why

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Optionally, they could've gotten Ice Cube or Vanilla Ice to play Ice-T, and the joke would've been acceptable.
    y2jake215 wrote: »

When they JUST SAID they might not even have two hours to spare, they take a helicopter to Area 51 instead of a portal. Why

They also got into the Ricksaucer to fly to The Pentagon (I mean, not THE Pentagon, the lame one in Washington, D.C.)... and then they portal into the War Room. The travel didn't make much sense in this one.

The Pentagon joke was my favorite thing about the episode, though.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    that ep was pretty bad

• Options

That might be baby Beth.
    I say this because a back story to why Rick left his wife and how Beth's so messed up is a lot more interesting than baby Morty.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Water T seems like a downgrade from Ice T. Ice form apparently had space travel, resistance to planet busting lasers.

• Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    I see that whole episode as a setup for the snake joke. And I am ok with that.

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    I thought it was an okay sode. Anyone else think it's weird Birdperson has a picture of Rick holding baby Morty on his wall?
    My head canon is that bird person is morty's godfather. Well, baby morty's godfather. I suspect baby morty is a different person than morty.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    I thought it was an okay sode. Anyone else think it's weird Birdperson has a picture of Rick holding baby Morty on his wall?
    My head canon is that bird person is morty's godfather. Well, baby morty's godfather. I suspect baby morty is a different person than morty.

Baby Morty is evil Morty that Rick raised by himself and is one of his greatest mistakes. That's why he sought out our Morty (or perhaps cloned him) and the reason he shits on Jerry all the time (besides the obvious) is because he turned out to be more responsible and didn't raise Morty into an evil psycho. He doesn't give shit to Beth in this case because A: She's his daughter B:She's basically the only reason he's allowed around and he uses her. It's also another reason for his rampant alcoholism.

That's just a personal theory though.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I thought Birdperson was from the same dimension as Rick, just a different planet.

Also, any one else sad Birdperson and Squanchy didn't join Rick and get the band back together?

• Options
    I thought Birdperson was from the same dimension as Rick, just a different planet.

Also, any one else sad Birdperson and Squanchy didn't join Rick and get the band back together?

I'm sure most dimensions have bird persons. Regardless, it's not like dimensions are much of a barrier to people on this show.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    The portal gun seems to work within dimensions as well, a la Rick abusing it for a quick trip to the convenience store. Bird Person also seemed to come from our reality for Rick's party.

• Options
    Remember, Rick's party took place in a different dimension than the one we started in at the start of the series. (the old one got crohnenberged at the flu dance).

Although I don't think this is proof for or against bird person from the party/get schwifty episode being the same person from Rick's past. I wouldn't be surprised if burden person is capable of traversing dimensions.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Remember, Rick's party took place in a different dimension than the one we started in at the start of the series. (the old one got crohnenberged at the flu dance).

Although I don't think this is proof for or against bird person from the party/get schwifty episode being the same person from Rick's past. I wouldn't be surprised if burden person is capable of traversing dimensions.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I thought we were operating under the assumption that C-137 Rick jumped to a dimension with a very similar Rick.

• Options
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    I thought we were operating under the assumption that C-137 Rick jumped to a dimension with a very similar Rick.

Its the exact same dimension except for their cause of death. Thats why he had to spend time doing calculations.

I like to ART
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    I was expecting Morty to find out that Rick was lying only to be screwed when he realized that Rick actually wasn't.

But... nope.

Rick is just a lying bastard.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I was expecting Morty to find out that Rick was lying only to be screwed when he realized that Rick actually wasn't.

But... nope.

Well yeah.

Birdman said it best. Rick's complete inability to let himself care for anyone or anything beside himself ( or at least making people think that) is his super power.
    I think ultimately he sees Morty as his redemption. He failed Beth.
    Summer is to much like him hence why he tries to keep her at a distance. For some reason though thinks he can give Morty an edge in life or something.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

But... nope.

Well yeah.

Birdman said it best. Rick's complete inability to let himself care for anyone or anything beside himself ( or at least making people think that) is his super power.
    Summer is to much like him hence why he tries to keep her at a distance. For some reason though thinks he can give Morty an edge in life or something.

No it's because Morty's are Rick cloaking devices. This Morty is obviously uniquely powerful at it.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    GONG-00 wrote: »

After his interactions with the gaming industry and giant bomb, he seems like a pretty good sport about stuff and a fun guy. I have zero doubt they would have been able to get him to do the voice if they actually wanted to.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    a

But... nope.

Well yeah.

No it's because Morty's are Rick cloaking devices. This Morty is obviously uniquely powerful at it.

Actually I think you guys are trying to put way to positive a spin on this issue.

Lets think like Dan harmon for a sec.

Morty isnt really Beth's kid. Hes a genetic creation of Rick to act as his cloaking device, which is why we have pictures of rick with morty as a baby. Beth adopted him when rick showed up to come back to his family. It's why every rick has a morty...evil morty was probably an accident of some kind. Our rick caring for our morty may be abnormal or there may be something special about our morty that requires rick to keep him alive.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I assume Rick's past friends stuff are from the universe he came from. He would have those old settings still in the portal gun.

They did kind of mess things up with the Cronenberg episode.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    a

But... nope.

Well yeah.

Actually I think you guys are trying to put way to positive a spin on this issue.

Lets think like Dan harmon for a sec.

Morty isnt really Beth's kid. Hes a genetic creation of Rick to act as his cloaking device, which is why we have pictures of rick with morty as a baby. Beth adopted him when rick showed up to come back to his family. It's why every rick has a morty...evil morty was probably an accident of some kind. Our rick caring for our morty may be abnormal or there may be something special about our morty that requires rick to keep him alive.

Doesn't quite fit since not all Ricks have Morty. We also saw Morty's birth. There have been more than a few hints as to what is going on with Rick and his family, and little is that sinister. Honestly, I am wondering if they will explore why Rick only came back after the apparent death of his ex-wife. I would bet the heart breaking drama comes from that angle more than anything.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I assume Rick's past friends stuff are from the universe he came from. He would have those old settings still in the portal gun.

makes Birdperson look a little bit like a tool

trust in the guy who Cronenberged your home planet in your home dimension.

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    How about the dead Rick was friends with all the same people old Rick had

And he just cut off ties with the old universe completely

And maybe he Mr. Ripleyed EDC137's Rick so well that the council of Ricks was fooled

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    As I said before, in the cronenberg episode they make it sound like Rick picked a replacement universe that was exactly the same except for the explosive death of that rick and morty, so even if its not the same bird person, it is the same bird person.

Infinite is really big guys, it allows for things like this.

I like to ART
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    As I said before, in the cronenberg episode they make it sound like Rick picked a replacement universe that was exactly the same except for the explosive death of that rick and morty, so even if its not the same bird person, it is the same bird person.

Didn't that also mean there's no such thing as the evilest Rick? Just more evil.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    maybe its the whole "of all the rick's of the central finite curve..." that people are thinking there are only so many dimensions, but yes, there are certainly more dimensions

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Doodmann wrote: »

Didn't that also mean there's no such thing as the evilest Rick? Just more evil.

Incorrect, the evilest rick is a Morty.

I like to ART
  • Options
    Trace wrote: »

That was as much Morty's fault and I think he realized it because he doesn't really ask Rick for anything like that anymore and came out of it with stronger convictions.

Birdman also specified Rick can destroy OR save. Morty helps push Rick towards save

• Options
    Trace wrote: »

That was as much Morty's fault and I think he realized it because he doesn't really ask Rick for anything like that anymore and came out of it with stronger convictions.

Birdman also specified Rick can destroy OR save. Morty helps push Rick towards save

every Doctor needs a Companion.
    And sometimes a robot dog.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    This is why we have prime directives Rick!

King Riptor on
  • Options
    Morty looks so done with this shit.

• Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    Rick is teaching the natives the Hawaiian peace symbol.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
This discussion has been closed.