Options

[Xbox Live Thread] - go to the new thread!

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Digital sharing is just the best.

I still buy certain physical games though. I like seeing my row of Assassin's Creed games, I'm ordering a physical copy of Mad Max because I'm obsessed with Fury Road and I think ordering from Amazon gets me a little toy spikey car. And Mass Effect is my favorite franchise ever, so I'm deffo getting a physical copy of that.

But like Borderlands and Payday and Destiny or NHL, those are digital so I can share the multiplayer.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    darleysam wrote: »
    Prohass wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »
    jefe414 wrote: »
    So I assume the setup (since my girlfriend and I will be in a similar situation soon) would be: xbox at my place set as her Home console, xbox at hers set as my Home console, right? Then anything I buy on the one at my place is assigned to hers so she can play it, and vice versa.

I've never heard this. Amazing. How do I go about setting my account as home on a friend's system?

Me neither, can I play on my own profile while me and my friend play his digital copy of Diablo 3?

Yep. It's as if the other person owns the game entirely, they can delete and reinstall it at any time, and the other person doesn't have to be signed out for you to play or anything like that. I play all of my multiplayer games with my room mate from just one purchased copy. He has his own TV and his own Xbox and so do I, so we just alternate game purchases. Dlc and season passes also carry over

I was so confused by it when I first found out, I was convinced some how I was accidently doing something illegal, so I actually phoned up Microsoft and asked haha, they assured me it's a feature of the console

Frankly even though it is a set and completely legit feature, I still feel like it's magic voodoo that will fall apart any minute, cos it's so damn rad it feels too good to be true. But me and my roommate have had each other's Xbox ones sharing since launch, we play battlefield against each other even though only my account purchased it. And he can play any games I've bought even if my console is off and I'm not signed in.

We kind of already do this on the 360, but I'm really glad they cleaned it up and rolled it under a simple "Home console" button, than the slightly more complicated system that's on the 360. Super awesome.

This might be more than one revision ago, but previous on the Xbox 360, if you bought a game from XBLA (for example), you got to keep it...

...On the console your profile you initially purchased it on. Say my profile was loaded up on a friend's console, I buy Metal Slug 3, he can keep playing the game even after I stop using my profile on his console.

...A console registered as being "mine" as in belonging to my profile.

A consequence of this system was that if you didn't transfer the licenses over (for example, say you replaced your Xbox 360 and just redownloaded all your old games into it), you could run games fine until you were disconnected from Xbox Live, in which case they would typically revert back to trial mode even if you were signed in on the console (but not on Live). To fix this, you simply transfered your intangible license to the new console from the defunct one.

The new system is probably a lot better. I do prefer even the old system to the old system on the PS3, that set a limited number of installations (I'm certain Sony got rid of that too).

Yeah that's the one I mean. My girlfriend and I have been using that to split games across two consoles, but on numerous occasions it's led to some frustration as we've had to swap profiles and download, then redownload games (not the full thing, just the last couple % to fix the license) so that we could both play things. The 'licensed to this console' part always felt kind of shaky and nebulous, like it wouldn't always hold and needed a bit of extra prompting. That's what I mean by having this all rolled under one button that explicitly tells it "my account and THIS console" sounds a lot easier than the hassle we've had making it work before.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Prohass wrote: »
    jefe414 wrote: »
    So I assume the setup (since my girlfriend and I will be in a similar situation soon) would be: xbox at my place set as her Home console, xbox at hers set as my Home console, right? Then anything I buy on the one at my place is assigned to hers so she can play it, and vice versa.

I've never heard this. Amazing. How do I go about setting my account as home on a friend's system?

Me neither, can I play on my own profile while me and my friend play his digital copy of Diablo 3?

Yep. It's as if the other person owns the game entirely, they can delete and reinstall it at any time, and the other person doesn't have to be signed out for you to play or anything like that. I play all of my multiplayer games with my room mate from just one purchased copy. He has his own TV and his own Xbox and so do I, so we just alternate game purchases. Dlc and season passes also carry over

I was so confused by it when I first found out, I was convinced some how I was accidently doing something illegal, so I actually phoned up Microsoft and asked haha, they assured me it's a feature of the console

Frankly even though it is a set and completely legit feature, I still feel like it's magic voodoo that will fall apart any minute, cos it's so damn rad it feels too good to be true. But me and my roommate have had each other's Xbox ones sharing since launch, we play battlefield against each other even though only my account purchased it. And he can play any games I've bought even if my console is off and I'm not signed in.

We kind of already do this on the 360, but I'm really glad they cleaned it up and rolled it under a simple "Home console" button, than the slightly more complicated system that's on the 360. Super awesome.

This might be more than one revision ago, but previous on the Xbox 360, if you bought a game from XBLA (for example), you got to keep it...

...On the console your profile you initially purchased it on. Say my profile was loaded up on a friend's console, I buy Metal Slug 3, he can keep playing the game even after I stop using my profile on his console.

...A console registered as being "mine" as in belonging to my profile.

A consequence of this system was that if you didn't transfer the licenses over (for example, say you replaced your Xbox 360 and just redownloaded all your old games into it), you could run games fine until you were disconnected from Xbox Live, in which case they would typically revert back to trial mode even if you were signed in on the console (but not on Live). To fix this, you simply transfered your intangible license to the new console from the defunct one.

The new system is probably a lot better. I do prefer even the old system to the old system on the PS3, that set a limited number of installations (I'm certain Sony got rid of that too).

Yeah that's the one I mean. My girlfriend and I have been using that to split games across two consoles, but on numerous occasions it's led to some frustration as we've had to swap profiles and download, then redownload games (not the full thing, just the last couple % to fix the license) so that we could both play things. The 'licensed to this console' part always felt kind of shaky and nebulous, like it wouldn't always hold and needed a bit of extra prompting. That's what I mean by having this all rolled under one button that explicitly tells it "my account and THIS console" sounds a lot easier than the hassle we've had making it work before.[/quote]
    Sounds like MS is discussing the possibility of adding original Xbox games to back compat too, somewhere down the line.
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/142040-Xbox-One-Backwards-Compatibility-With-Original-Xbox

Yo dogg, I heard you like Xbox, so we put an Xbox in your Xbox in your Xbox, so you can...

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    ...play Phantom Dust since we abruptly canceled its reboot.

• Options
    sockssocks Registered User regular

Please. I still have my copy of Phantom Dust sitting in the basement.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    socks wrote: »

Please. I still have my copy of Phantom Dust sitting in the basement.

Is it.. .collecting dust? ZING!

I'm not even sure what I have on original Xbox. Halo 1 and 2. A couple of Robotech games. Some other stuff I've forgotten about.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    Senna1Senna1 Registered User regular
    Nope. Home console has access to your library regardless if you are logged in or not.
    At other consoles you can access the home user's library and your own.

Right, but the loophole being discussed requires you set the console not physically in your home (ie at your buddy's house) as your 'home' console, and that your buddy set the console that is in your home as his 'home console'. So the console in your house has access to all your buddy's games at all times, and your games only when your GT is actually logged on. The console in your buddy's house has access to your games all the time, and to your buddy's games only when he is logged in over there.

In other words, it works wonderfully for two friends who are both exclusive users of their consoles. If either of you has a kid, wife, or other household member that uses a separate (third) GT, that GT is not going to have access to half the games in your 'share', no matter which console it is on.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Sounds like MS is discussing the possibility of adding original Xbox games to back compat too, somewhere down the line.
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/142040-Xbox-One-Backwards-Compatibility-With-Original-Xbox

Give me Otogi on Xbone Microsoft

Doooo iiiit

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Senna1 wrote: »
    Nope. Home console has access to your library regardless if you are logged in or not.

Right, but the loophole being discussed requires you set the console not physically in your home (ie at your buddy's house) as your 'home' console, and that your buddy set the console that is in your home as his 'home console'. So the console in your house has access to all your buddy's games at all times, and your games only when your GT is actually logged on. The console in your buddy's house has access to your games all the time, and to your buddy's games only when he is logged in over there.

In other words, it works wonderfully for two friends who are both exclusive users of their consoles. If either of you has a kid, wife, or other household member that uses a separate (third) GT, that GT is not going to have access to half the games in your 'share', no matter which console it is on.

I mean... play for free on the not-theirs account (miss the achievements) or buy the games where that is important to them. Not exactly a Sophie's choice here...

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Senna1 wrote: »

I mean... play for free on the not-theirs account (miss the achievements) or buy the games where that is important to them. Not exactly a Sophie's choice here...

Actually it still works. My wife just has to log in my account (she's in her own account, my account is logged in as a second user) and she has access to my library even though that's not my "home" Xbox.

So me, my wife and my buddy all play three player diablo on three accounts on two xboxes on one purchase of digital diablo.

My account also shares gold when I'm logged in.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    GwG for September:
    bX9HtfI.png
    Kicking myself as I just bought Tomb Raider this month (at least it was on sale) to play before the new one comes out.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Okay, that's awesome, because I haven't been able to force myself to finish Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 for some reason (probably the same reason I ended up selling back Uncharted 2)--maybe this'll motivate me to finish it before it comes out in November.

Wish it was coming out September 1 though, rather than The Deer God.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    its nice that folks will be getting it for free but Tomb Raider is still worth the money at any price so i wouldn't feel to bad there.

though i do wonder if this will be a trend, previous instalments hitting GwG just as the next game in a franchise is about to drop. we've got MGSV: Ground Zeros up just now with TPP due soon and now TR coming with the sequel not far off. pretty decent use of the service from publishers if that is the way its going to go.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    So I looked it up on Youtube and The Deer God is indeed a platformer where you play as a Deer.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    also worth remember, starting next month all 360 GwG offerings will be backwards compatible so that's 4 free games for Xbone owners from here on out.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    also worth remember, starting next month all 360 GwG offerings will be backwards compatible so that's 4 free games for Xbone owners from here on out.

Doesn't start until November I thought?
    When backward compatibility launches in November, all future Xbox 360 Games with Gold titles will be playable on Xbox One. That means Xbox Live Gold members now will get more free games to play each month on Xbox One.

• Options

When backward compatibility launches in November, all future Xbox 360 Games with Gold titles will be playable on Xbox One. That means Xbox Live Gold members now will get more free games to play each month on Xbox One.

the way it was announced at Gamescom made me think it started right away, but i guess i could be wrong. :(

• Options
    Senna1Senna1 Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Actually it still works. My wife just has to log in my account (she's in her own account, my account is logged in as a second user) and she has access to my library even though that's not my "home" Xbox.

So me, my wife and my buddy all play three player diablo on three accounts on two xboxes on one purchase of digital diablo.

My account also shares gold when I'm logged in.
    Wow, I stand corrected; I did not know you could even log multiple accounts in at once on the One, let alone that they'll share content/Gold with each other.

Looking forward to the Sept GwG, I never got around to Tomb Raider on the 360 and it's a great game by most accounts.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Despite not actually owning an Xbox One (yet), Microsoft sent me a code for free ODST for The Master Chief Collection, simply because I'd been playing it split-screen with my friend every time I went over to his place and they probably assumed I owned the game as well..?
    So I think they've been pretty generous with content ownership :P
    So I looked it up on Youtube and The Deer God is indeed a platformer where you play as a Deer.

Sounds pretty brutal!
    Deer are vicious motherfuckers.

• Options
    CleveraliasCleveralias Registered User regular
    Is Turtle Beach still the only option for a truly wireless headset ? I have a big head and I've found Turtle Beach headsets to be a little tight for my comfort.

jpg.jpg
    XBox360/One/Steam - Cleveralias
    PSN - The_Vandingo
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Is Turtle Beach still the only option for a truly wireless headset ? I have a big head and I've found Turtle Beach headsets to be a little tight for my comfort.

Both the XOne TB's and the official stereo headset plug in to the controller. Technically neuther is totally wireless since you have the cable to the controller. Both run off battery from the controller too. I like the Xone's, they aren't very tight on my head.

• Options
    CleveraliasCleveralias Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure the TB Elite and Stealth are truly wireless .

jpg.jpg
    XBox360/One/Steam - Cleveralias
    PSN - The_Vandingo
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

the way it was announced at Gamescom made me think it started right away, but i guess i could be wrong. :(

November is so far away

I want backwards compatibility noooooowwww

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Not much to it now, I really should DL the ones that I see in my games list and try 'em out though. Ha, I knew TR was going to show up before the second one and I bought for 12 bucks or something anyways. Oh well, I enjoyed playing through it again and was curious as to what made it so definitive.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    While it got off to a rough start by crashing several times before loading, Blues and Bullets is a game with a neat period soundtrack and aesthetic.

ALSO... (spoiler)
    It is a combination of a rail shooter and an adventure game... with a Tarintino slant on historical accuracy.

Press "X" for irony.

Other than the lack of a run or hustle option, I like it.

Hold "B" to hustle... though you jog like a 50 year old man.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So do we have a date for the BC to go live to the public?

Was trying to play Fallout 3 before 4 comes out.

• Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    November, I believe.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Nitsua wrote: »
    November, I believe.
    Yeah, it will be at about the same time as the new dashboard/GUI update gets sent out.

You can already get an idea of what BC is like (without the need for preview access) with Rare Replay.

Zilla360 on
  • Options

Really? Really?.

fine... I'll go to Gamestop. :|

• Options
    Oh man dammit I already have three controllers and my 4th was gonna be the Elite... but that is so damn sexy. I might sell my launch controller and buy that still...

• Options
    edited August 2015
    That is pretty nice. I think I prefer the look of the new Halo 5 themed controllers though.

The Master Chief one has the same gold triggers, but an ugly (IMO) colour scheme for the face buttons.

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Can someone throw me a Preview invite please. Xbox Live ID = ObsoletePaper

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    That is pretty nice. I think I prefer the look of the new Halo 5 themed controllers though.

The Master Chief one has the same gold triggers, but an ugly (IMO) colour scheme for the face buttons.

yeah, the MC ones are neat, but I'm not really a fan of the non-solid face scheme controllers.

I'm also thinking I'm going to get this one instead of the elite now. not 100% sure just yet. If I do I'm going to replace the black thumbsticks with some gold aluminum sticks, or greys...

• Options
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Can someone throw me a Preview invite please. Xbox Live ID = ObsoletePaper
    @Banzai5150 Invite sent. :):+1:

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    The Elite is really nice. REALLY nice. Didn't play anything with it, but it feels seriously quality. The sticks alone are amazing, and the combination of stainless shafts/acetal bearing rings around the stick... Hole... thing mean much improved wear on those. I have this horrible feeling they just sold me one based on the stick action alone, and when combined with "can buy sticks separately", means I won't need to buy new controllers when I inevitably wear the rubber off the tops no I don't know how I do it my thumbs are not sandpaper!

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

That Halo one looks pretty cool, I'm probably to get that one or the ... Elite, even though its hella expensive, I'd really wish I could try it out in advance.

en-US_Xbox360_Halo_4_Controller_43G-00031.jpg
    I have the Halo themed xbox360 controller already (I love the blue light on the button, controller is also partially transparent), weird thing is that I barely give a shit about Halo.

Oh man dammit I already have three controllers and my 4th was gonna be the Elite... but that is so damn sexy. I might sell my launch controller and buy that still...

What are you doing with 3 Controllers? I have one and only thinking of getting another since the right bumper is getting a bit odd, have to press it a bit harder at times.

Sirialis on
  • Options

That Halo one looks pretty cool, I'm probably to get that one or the ... Elite, even though its hella expensive, I'd really wish I could try it out in advance.

en-US_Xbox360_Halo_4_Controller_43G-031.jpg
    I have the Halo themed xbox360 controller already (I love the blue light on the button, controller is also partially transparent), weird thing is that I barely give a shit about Halo.

What are you doing with 3 Controllers? I have one and only thinking of getting another since the right bumper is getting a bit odd, have to press it a bit harder at times.

I needed two for fighting games and my launch pad was kinda wonky on the right stick, so i got a new plain black one to replace it.

• Options
    mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    Can anyone toss me a preview invite too? Someone said they did about a month back but it never went through.

King Space Pope

Thanks!

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Well that's a hell of an Elite bundle - 1TB SSHD Xbox One plus Elite controller

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Well that's a hell of an Elite bundle - 1TB SSHD Xbox One plus Elite controller

Man, I just bought a 1tb MCC collection Xbox. Had I known this would exist, I would have totally splurged to upgrade to an SSD and get an elite controller instead of the a bunch of Halo games I only wanted to check out for the novelty.