Options

Metal Gear: V Has Come To

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    It seems like a lot of stuff you are expected to find out on your own, maybe calling on the radio gives a lot more info about stuff in the world than I assumed

Speaking of info, did anyone find out if you can run into Miller/ocelot etc. randomly at Mother Base?

• Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    FYI for anyone who has done the thing on the medical bay
    you should go finish the rest of the wandering mother soldier side ops and check in with Paz after each one

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Wait, can't you do side-ops with recruited characters?

Is that a thing?

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus

Is that a thing?

Think you need to establish a combat unit first

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Knob wrote: »

Is that a thing?

THIS

CHANGES

EVERYTHING.

Makin an all-female combat unit combat squad. I don't care about the stats.

Gonna kill all the mans, with the ladies.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Can you manually make combat teams? The game seems to do it automatically

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I assume you just select the soldiers you want in staff management and assign them to the combat team

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    just got the explanation about quiet

it's eye-rolling but

i guess it coulda been worse
    she can't wear clothes or she'll suffocate

sexy leggings are okay though

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    just got the explanation about quiet

it's eye-rolling but

i guess it coulda been worse
    she can't wear clothes or she'll suffocate

sexy leggings are okay though

So this was real

I'm not sure it could be worse, just because it's so unbelievably stupid
    Cotton is pretty breathable

Does she also suffocate if she sleeps under a blanket

Edit: And that's not even getting into how stupid going "Oh she has to be mostly naked or she'll die" thing is on its face, god damn, GOD DAMN that is dumb

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I'm not reading any spoilers about quiet's outfit but I have a strong guess if those in the know want to y/n
    is it because Ishmael set her on fire and now she's got sensitive skin

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Woo, unlocked FOBs!

Boo, servers have been down for maintenance all day!

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    C4 IED's are surprisingly non effective, haven't upgraded them but detonating a stack of them directly beneath a tank only smashed the treads to shit I think

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    how do you get the snipe wolf outfit for quiet

i beat the deja vu mission in ground zeroes and imported my save already

• Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    C4 IED's are surprisingly non effective, haven't upgraded them but detonating a stack of them directly beneath a tank only smashed the treads to shit I think

Protip 1 c4 + 3 mines will blow up a tank. Use the c4 to trigger the mines if the tank doesn't drive over them

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    What like the claymore mines? Or are there straight up vehicle mines I just didn't see

• Options
    Uhh yeah I think the claymores. I'll check when I get home.

In any case that works well. You can kill a tank with 4 c4 detonated directly underneath. I think mine might be upgraded?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    I'm not reading any spoilers about quiet's outfit but I have a strong guess if those in the know want to y/n
    is it because Ishmael set her on fire and now she's got sensitive skin

That's what I thought too but turns out nope it's super dumb

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Also, any point in keeping the Precious Metal resources? I've just been selling it for cash money.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    So I got to the medical platform and based on what people were excited about here, went straight there and found the room.
    Holy shit! Unexpected! I'm guessing this is an eagle feather situation where finding enough mementoes will "fix" Paz? Also most impressive retcon in a Metal Gear? She exploded and then she didn't.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    how do you get the snipe wolf outfit for quiet

i beat the deja vu mission in ground zeroes and imported my save already

I looked it up because I also wanted to know.
    Beat the extreme version of the Quiet fight. You start getting higher difficulty versions of early missions after mission 31.

• Options
    Oh god dammit there's a higher difficulty?

Goodbye forever everybody

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Getting around the R&D platform is terrible. I bet Miller designed it! I'm not even entirely sure how to get up to the top without climbing on pipes.

I've done all of the Mother Base target practices, except the R&D one. Finding all those targets is not easy.

Peewi on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I can't get enough materials for a new platform :(

I guess I should do mission 6 at some point.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    So I just got Quiet, and I looked up how to get her some clothes

Spoilers for unlocking things inside
    You have to either beat a really really late game mission that's real hard to get the Sniper Wolf outfit

Or you have to max out her friendship to get her to wear the military fatigues

Either way it is going to take a while! Which sucks, I wish there was just a cosmetic option to at least put a FEW more clothes on her, because I love everything about her except the way she was designed and how the camera leers at her

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Olivaw wrote: »

You have to either beat a really really late game mission that's real hard to get the Sniper Wolf outfit

Either way it is going to take a while! Which sucks, I wish there was just a cosmetic option to at least put a FEW more clothes on her, because I love everything about her except the way she was designed and how the camera leers at her
    Deja Vu is actually an incredibly easy mission, thankfully. It takes like five minutes and if you look up what to do ahead of time, it's trivially easy to get S-rank stealth no kills. I did it my first try.

EDIT: Actually I guess maybe that's not how you unlock that? Someone in this thread mentioned it was, but I can't seem to find anyone else saying that.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »

Deja Vu is actually an incredibly easy mission, thankfully. It takes like five minutes and if you look up what to do ahead of time, it's trivially easy to get S-rank stealth no kills. I did it my first try.

EDIT: Actually I guess maybe that's not how you unlock that? Someone in this thread mentioned it was, but I can't seem to find anyone else saying that.

There was an assumption it was tied to a gz unlock

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Ughhhh im jealous of all of you

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Also for the record

I'm kind of into why Quiet can't wear clothes

I mean, I hate it because they came up with the design first and then their batshit explanation, and that sucks

But it's also insane enough that I'm sort of intrigued by the "how" of it, as a potential story beat

If the camera didn't leer at her at all and her outfit wasn't so awful, I might actually regret my words/deeds

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    So for anyone who has beaten the game, doesn't care about spoilers, etc; Kotaku is saying there was a very important scene cut from the END of the game that shows up in bonus material of the collector's edition.

http://kotaku.com/one-of-metal-gear-solid-vs-most-important-story-scenes-1728467641

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    LET'S DO THIS

pTawDg3.jpg

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

Is that a thing?

THIS

CHANGES

EVERYTHING.

I haven't yet seen any female recruits though

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Is that a thing?

THIS

CHANGES

EVERYTHING.

I haven't yet seen any female recruits though

I've got a few. Mostly in my Intel squad.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I think all of my female soldiers so far have been prisoners I rescued.

It seems weird that Mother Base doesn't have a firing range. Being able to easily try out different weapons would be nice.

• Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    Quiet's outfit:
    Ocelot specifically references The End as a comparison in abilities.

Hard for me to regret my words and deeds when your explanation is undercut by the rest of the explanation!

Cannot wait to unlock something else for her to wear.

Also you can customize away teams by pressing Triangle when choosing your team, but I'm not sure if it's a gated option. I didn't notice it until well after I'd been using auto teams.

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    If I bring a vehicle in from mother base, is it automatically recovered like buddies or do I have to manually Fulton it back out

you'll have to fulton it back

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    So for anyone who has beaten the game, doesn't care about spoilers, etc; Kotaku is saying there was a very important scene cut from the END of the game that shows up in bonus material of the collector's edition.

http://kotaku.com/one-of-metal-gear-solid-vs-most-important-story-scenes-1728467641

god, what if this is dlc

i wouldn't put this past konami

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    I think all of my female soldiers so far have been prisoners I rescued.

It seems weird that Mother Base doesn't have a firing range. Being able to easily try out different weapons would be nice.

It seems like the perfect place for a skeet setup.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    LET'S DO THIS

pTawDg3.jpg

I would have guessed this was Griffin Mcelroy's character

This discussion has been closed.