As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wet Hot American [TV] Thread

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    made it three episodes in and nope, i'm good with not watching any more master of none

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Master of None is a real bad name for that show

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I really love Limitless.

I'm in the third episode now and really enjoying it. Particularly more Mike & Ike.

• Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    This Brooklyn Nine-Nine scene where Holt is giving Rosa relationship advice is slaying me, I am slain.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh man I'm a couple episodes from the end of Elementary season 1 and shit is popping OFF

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I am watching X-Files for the first time.

This show is PRETTY GOOD.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

It has its rocky moments, primarily when they lose Duchoveny, but the whole thing together I'd say is a quality product.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Huh, I guess something in Master of None episode 2 resonated with me cause now I'm going to Skype my dad voluntarily

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Huh, I guess something in Master of None episode 2 resonated with me cause now I'm going to Skype my dad voluntarily

Just the start of that ep gives you so much second generation guilt

Like to think a couple of years ago I was whining about being the family's free tech support

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    my mom is unable to pull a "we didn't have fun growing up, that's a new thing" card on me because, as she has told me, she saw star wars in theaters like, seven times

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    my mom is unable to pull a "we didn't have fun growing up, that's a new thing" card on me because, as she has told me, she saw star wars in theaters like, seven times

You need one of those Assassin's creed machines . Pity you cant ever see Jedi

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I'm not going to make this a thing but it's on Hulu and I needed to express myself somewhere and this was the most appropriate thread

One Punch Man is amazing and I can't wait for next week's episode

That's all

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Oh hey I did this recently

I really like the first few seasons

The overarching plot I really didn't like though so I gave up after a bit

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I was only ever interested in the episodic mysteries of that show.

The ongoing plot just struck me as overly convoluted and dumb and Just didn't care at all about any ongoing narrative of the show.

Which meant I pretty much stopped watching it entirely after it went up its own butt for a couple seasons.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Goatmon wrote: »
    I was only ever interested in the episodic mysteries of that show.

The ongoing plot just struck me as overly convoluted and dumb and Just didn't care at all about any ongoing narrative of the show.

Which meant I pretty much stopped watching it entirely after it went up its own butt for a couple seasons.

Well it was supposed to end at the movie but Carter freaked out once they got renewed

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Captain Holt is the role Andre Braugher was born to play.

When he said "I'm sad." I almost peed myself.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    The x-files conspiracy stuff is actually really strong up until about season 5 when they clearly run out of story and the mythology begins devouring itself.

The standalone episodes stay strong until Mulder leaves

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I'm really, really enjoying The Grinder.

Rob Lowe is a joy to watch and everyone plays off each other so well.

Muddy Water on
  • Options
    DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular
    Voting "Humbug" for best episode of X-Files

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Anything written by Darin Morgan is going to be a good choice for best episode of the X-Files.

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose and Jose Chung's From Outer Space are some of the best television episodes period.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    My wife and I were talking about X-Files and Twin Peaks revivals last night.

We decided that X-Files is probably not going to bother with the old Conspiracy (though they may drop in a line or two about why the massive alien invasion didn't happen in 2012) and will just focus on new standalone mysteries with maybe a new conspiracy peppered throughout to be addressed in the finale (if at all) or something. It just seems unlikely they'd try and catch new (and lapsed) viewers up on a twenty-year-old convoluted conspiracy. Especially since Carter himself seems way more interested in the standalone stuff and never intended the conspiracy part to get so big (and when he got a chance to do a second movie, he basically ignored all the conspiracy stuff to shoehorn Mulder and Scully back into the FBI for a standalone mystery).

Twin Peaks, however, we feel will probably fully expect you to remember everything from the original run to be able to properly follow.

Lars on
  • Options
    I imagine they will use the lack of a 2012 invasion to make Mulder look even more like a nut. Basically make him look like a guy who set the date for the Rapture or something.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I tried to watch twin peaks to prepare for the revival.

I just...I couldn't. I couldn't do it. I loved the pilot, but it quickly became too damn weird, and I don't mean the black lodge stuff. Basically nobody seemed like an actual human being on that show.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    theSquid wrote: »

Just the start of that ep gives you so much second generation guilt

Like to think a couple of years ago I was whining about being the family's free tech support

Jeez this. I liked how positive the whole episode ended up though, I was expecting standard sitcom fair and what I got was really touching and sincere. Along with a good helping of humor. So far I'm loving this show.

I'd also recommend Aziz's relationship book as well. It's an interesting read.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Twin Peaks is a soap opera-ass soap opera, for good (Bobby Briggs/Shelly/Leo, Audrey) and for bad (James & Donna, Ed & Nadine/Norma)

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Oh man Quantico, you so cray.
    Mid-term exam is everyone locked in the auditorium, and they have to use the skills they've acquired thus far to pass. That roughly translates into "Find and defuse this bomb inside the room before you all die!".

sig.gif
  • Options
    Lars wrote: »
    My wife and I were talking about X-Files and Twin Peaks revivals last night.

We decided that X-Files is probably not going to bother with the old Conspiracy (though they may drop in a line or two about why the massive alien invasion didn't happen in 2012) and will just focus on new standalone mysteries with maybe a new conspiracy peppered throughout to be addressed in the finale (if at all) or something. It just seems unlikely they'd try and catch new (and lapsed) viewers up on a twenty-year-old convoluted conspiracy. Especially since Carter himself seems way more interested in the standalone stuff and never intended the conspiracy part to get so big (and when he got a chance to do a second movie, he basically ignored all the conspiracy stuff to shoehorn Mulder and Scully back into the FBI for a standalone mystery).

Twin Peaks, however, we feel will probably fully expect you to remember everything from the original run to be able to properly follow.

About X-files Carter is writing 3 episodes and he basically only wrote the myth arc episodes so I wouldnt write it off

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    one of the things i'm most looking forward to in the twin peaks revival is to see what twenty years of being james does to a man

will he keep on jamesing, or be an empty husk?

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Watched a bit of Master of None last night

Pretty good show

Not like, a revelation or anything, but not everything has to be

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    I'm behind on so many shows, but I think Master of None is next for me.

Also, who the hell is badmouthing Pitch Perfect? You shut your dumb face right now.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    I watched Bojack again, because apparently I feel like I did something horrible and need to punish myself.

It's almost worse watching it when you already know that he's going to make exactly the wrong decision every time.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Further X-Files thoughts:
    The two main things that I'm really appreciating in the early going are that the show is surprisingly, subtly creepy and unsettling, which is a rarity. And the show is very well shot. There's almost no CGI, so everything has aged very well. It relies on practical effects and the power of imagination, and is infinitely stronger for it.

Oh, third thought - I genuinely appreciate how hideous and unflattering all of Scully's pantsuits were. It lends a real verisimilitude to the proceedings.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Further X-Files thoughts:
    The two main things that I'm really appreciating in the early going are that the show is surprisingly, subtly creepy and unsettling, which is a rarity. And the show is very well shot. There's almost no CGI, so everything has aged very well. It relies on practical effects and the power of imagination, and is infinitely stronger for it.

Oh, third thought - I genuinely appreciate how hideous and unflattering all of Scully's pantsuits were. It lends a real verisimilitude to the proceedings.

Can we talk about Scully's hair for the next 2 pages please

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Apparently in the original plans for the show there was also going to be a fair amount of actual hoaxes they encountered.

Which bums me out quite a bit. As I think it would have put Scully on a much stronger footing in the series.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular

To be honest no one after the Great Depression can pull that.

So I watched like the first two or three episodes of the 2009 remake of V when it was on TV. Then I lost track of it because of real world Army stuff.

So now I'm going back to watching it, and it's pretty good in it's own way. Definitely a lot smaller scale, and in the case of fighting asymmetrically I think more realistic than the original mini series (which I also enjoyed watching with my dad growing up). That aspect in the original series and now are products of their time I think (70's and early 80's were the era of the "mountain/jungle/desert guerrilla" as the face of popular resistance, after the GWOT it's more population center based cells).

Very much enjoying Morena Baccarin as Anna.

• Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    NSDFRand wrote: »

dunno there. my dad was 8 in bombed-out Berlin when the war ended.

kind of proud of him that he never played that card other than telling stories about the fun he and his brother had being absolute rascals without any parental oversight.

in tv-related news, I fell down the rabbit hole that is The Voice. I do have issues with casting shows but fuck me if the blind auditions bit isn't my own personal emotional kryptonite. as opposed to the usual meanness that casting shows tend to lean to, everybody here is being most excellent unto each other and that just gets to me.

also Gwen Steffani.

• Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    scherbchen wrote: »

I meant specifically in the U.S.

• Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    fair enough

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

You also probably meant specifically white then too.

Just like a heads up that you might want to check your privilege there.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

You also probably meant specifically white then too.

Just like a heads up that you might want to check your privilege there.

There's a lot of white immigrants also post Depression.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
This discussion has been closed.