As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa: Proxy says, "See ya next year!"

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I hope my santa wasn't planning on getting me a PS4, because I kind of just ordered one on Newegg (Uncharted bundle is marked down to 280, and you can get 5% if you use the mobile site with a code). So...yeah.
    And I preordered Just Cause 3 last week, but I mentioned as such in that thread. So...sorry if you had grand plans for me (that I couldn't hope to expect you to plan, hence my less-than-reluctance on ordering these).

I'M SORRY, I WON'T BUY ANY MORE!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I bought the hero card pack for boss monster today. Sorry Santa. It was $5 at my local comic shop today.

Other than that I covered my car/rent/utilities all today so that really deflated my desire to join rampant consumerism

• Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I just want to spray hot gifts all over my Santee right now. Being that it's digital..I could just do it.. JUST DO IT.. Going to wait till December tho!

Noizlanif on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    It's gauche to not get your Santee something physical they can touch, right?

I'm not sure what gauche means, but if Santa spent time and figured out cool digital stuff that I'd like then that's awesome. If they spent time and figured out cool physical stuff then that's awesome. Really, I just think it's cool that, as a community, we take time to think about a stranger and make their holiday better. If that's Steam games and eBooks, well, I enjoy those things and more thought went in there than my parents getting me another hoodie from American Eagle and a pair of pajama pants.

What I'm saying is you guys are awesome, and if anybody here gets a digital Christmas and complains about it then maybe this isn't really the tradition for them.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Speaking of PA dudes being awesome...

Giftget.gif

Amazon man knocked on the door do deliver a surprise package! I grabbed the nearest game to hide out my address (and missed another address label that the lovely white square is hiding)

LPSezgi.png

Present! Featuring dog hairs that need hovering!

IALBbfk.png

Hhc5MPS.png

Hype? Next chapter? Well there's one thing I know I'm excited about that has a next thing coming soon...

ufOxRXf.png

OH SNAP! It's the super deluxe expansion to one of the best board games you can currently get, Imperial Assault! This is seriously freaking awesome, more IA is the best thing!

Thank you @belligerent this is perfect!

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    WillyDubWillyDub Registered User regular
    Giftget.gif

@jclast Greeted me with the Gift of Steam this morning! I received "Ticket to Ride" and the MAP DLC's! It greatly appreciated and it's a board game i just recently got into! Thanks again!!!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    there are two more packages coming. your amazon is weird like that.

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Hey Santa,

Polite note that if you WERE going to grab anything from my Steam wishlist, the next few days are going to be a very cheap time to do so.

• Options
    there are two more packages coming. your amazon is weird like that.

Andy-Dwyer-OMG.gif

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    I can't wait for my Santee's items to arrive so I can send them. Please hold on just a little longer buddy!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Amazon says santees gifts were delivered. Now I hold my breath and wait!

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I'm going to have to be more strategic than usual this year, but my plans are now underway.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Santee's gifts are awaaaaaaaaaay! Should be heading to their neck of the woods on Tuesday/Wednesday!

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I HAVE RECEIVED CLUES. Currently trying to decipher, ideally this will lead me to the way to open that safe! Will continue to update here.

Clue 1 Deciphered!
    Here it is:
    aiKNJsF.jpg?1
    Can you figure it out? Headed to location of clue 2 now. PUZZLES! QUESTS! A literal safe! Excitement.

Solution to Clue 1 inside.
    PUT A V ON ROOM
    THE ITEM SOUGT DOES ZOOM
    SEEK NOT WHAT SOARS
    THE ITEM IS NOT YOURS is what clue 1 said. So after taking a while to figure out what the hell "A v on room" meant, because I'm an idiot, I found clue 2...
    Clue 2 Location:
    in my girlfriend's car!

8Y5Qe86.jpg?1

More codes inside. Decyphering now...

edit again!

Clue 3 found! Clue 2:
    lPY4NJ0.jpg?1
    Solution:
    Numbers coorespond to letters of the alphabet, solution was:
    I AM MADE UP OF WORDS
    BUT HAVE TONS OF LETTERS.
    WHAT HAS A FLAG
    BUT CANNOT WAVE?

Found in my mailbox!

Now figuring out clue 3.

Edit!

Clue 3:
    e2fjJlo.jpg?2

Solution:
    Had to convert to letters AND shift it. Gave me:
    It has a million stories
    But cannot tell them.
    HEADED TO THE LIBRARY!

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Hey Santa,

Apparently ups has had a bad habit of dropping stuff at my front door and said stuff disappearing.

So if you sent out gifts can you gave someone send me a pm letting me know?

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    GIFT GET!

At the library I discovered another clue.
    xFWjayG.jpg?1 Says Key=19

Figured it out as:
    6DE4KN8.jpg?1 while sitting at the library. This one took a while!

Made my way to the Dairy Queen that's very close to my house to find a final clue! (And blizzards om nom)
    HJVZB7s.jpg?1

Answer:
    of the ancestors hearths
    this one is the most
    significant
    but not directly yours
    led me to girlfriend's parents house! Ran over there and retrieved the key!

This finally led me to the key!

The safe was opened, the gifts retrieved!
    aibgtlI.jpg?1
    An awesome magnet pen, sweet T shirt I can wear while I teach, Doctor Who icecube mold, a "Aroma R-Evolution" that washed out a bit in the picture (This looks super cool! Can't wait to test this out), and a bunch of dinosaurs! Thanks so much santa! This was awesome! Now reveal yourself puzzlemaster! I saw real name but no forum name. Thank you so much! This pen has been sitting here confounding me for a while.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    GiftGet-1_zpsf0a91d66.gif

I was just minding my own business wandering the wasteland when outta nowhere Santa strikes!
    TljGEPA.png

Also and I'm not totally sure why, but I got an order confirmation e-mail for an Undertale t-shirt from Fangamer, due to previous steam chat shenanigans I'm almost positive that the billing address on that e-mail is from @Madican the same person the steam gift was from! Thanks!

Kanden on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    From my stalking, my Santee seems to really enjoy one specific thing. Which gives me options, but it also feels sort of like cheating by going off that.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Winter Festivity Package™ has been deployed.

Watch the skies.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Yeah, the shirt is the second part of the gift Kanden. It's a preorder so it won't be shipping until mid-December and wanted to make sure you knew it was on its way.

• Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Ok let's do this!
    w3b38kt3tqyx.gif

My "secret" Santa @Noizlanif nailed this christmas offering.
    (warning, about 7 big pics here)
    ffnit6un27h0.png
    rck4trs48qrb.png
    c6472zqdocuq.png
    b5k8aurmf470.png
    cqfvs64ygcdy.png
    1xecvyvdsyvc.png
    8o552n9qyzf2.png

Thanks so much! I especially love Kingdoms of Amalur and Dying Light. Amalur is a game i played a bunch on ps3 but have always wanted to re-experience on pc. I've done approximately zero of the main story, focusing solely on side quests before and i know that based on what you do you may end up visiting completely different parts of the world. Would be interested in trying out a magic build.

Dying light looks like exactly my sort of game right now too.

Everything else is delicious icing on a brilliant cake.

Thanks for making my backlog even harder to finish you terrific human being.

Edit: A prize to anyone who can work out the correct order the pictures go in. Sorry!

Quical on
    NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    @sniperguy Damn, and I thought some of my GnTSS puzzles were tough.

@Quical Enjoy captain swearword's great big adventure!

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Probably whatever order gets those photos to have the signatures say Secret Santa Is The Best Thing Ever

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    So you know sometimes you get too depressed to bake delicious treats and you spend all day in bed thinking about how homesick you are and how much you WISH THE THUNDERSTORMS WOULD STOP ALREADY (and do you KNOW how practically sacrilegious it feels for a CALIFORNIAN (no, I'm not there now but I'll be a Californian until the day I die) to find herself saying "please, please, I want it to stop raining now??"). Sigh. I have a time limit though, because nobody wants their yummy baked goods sitting in a post office for a day, so obviously want to get everything mailed so it gets there before it's over a weekend, and also these bananas are ripe now but will quickly go from perfect for baking to garbage. So it's still going to happen soon!

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Santee! Expect some packages soon! Looks like it may be split into 3...

@mare_imbrium I can't even begin to guess how tough it is to have moved as you have, but I hope that the rain stops for you! It definitely doesn't help brighten any days. :(

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I am strolling home, and there's a big heavy box waiting for me? Huh?

Giftget.gif

hmmmmmmm
    oukMHaC.jpg?1

hmmmmmmmmmm
    2rWa51E.jpg?1

What could it be?
    luGW8tq.jpg?1

Awesome! Thanks santa! I'm going to make friends sit down and play this with me in the next week or so! Always been curious about their board games for d&d, I'm excited to give this a shot!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    My wife and I play that one all the time. She kicks my ass at it. She is much better at resource management games (which that game is), but I still really like that game and the fact that they worked quests and all that into a game like that.

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Lords of Waterdeep is pretty cool, @DiannaoChong !

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    ysP9OZp.gif

The package arrived yesterday but I was away for the weekend, so I got it today. Let's take a look:
    mSVAYJ6.jpg?1

The orange cat kept watch over the box, making sure it was not disturbed.

YMqklw6.jpg

The the brown cat came around wondering what was up and I was like all right let me open the thing now.

pZmu2Xv.jpg

It was this Zelda stuff! Sweet! Looking forward to playing Triforce heroes, and the LttP tpb I've wanted since release since I had a Nintendo Power subscription when they were releasing bits of it in that every month, and I did enjoy then.

K4sUNVu.jpg

Then the brown cat got in the box.

gZAJxKR.jpg
    9IOWW0C.jpg

And the attached notes, which unfortunately gave absolutely no indication of who my Santa was. Oh well! Guess they just decided to remain anonymous this year. :P

Thanks @TheRoadVirus ! May you have a Happy Merry Whatever as well!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Schide wrote: »
    ysP9OZp.gif

The package arrived yesterday but I was away for the weekend, so I got it today. Let's take a look:
    mSVAYJ6.jpg?1

The orange cat kept watch over the box, making sure it was not disturbed.

YMqklw6.jpg

The the brown cat came around wondering what was up and I was like all right let me open the thing now.

pZmu2Xv.jpg

It was this Zelda stuff! Sweet! Looking forward to playing Triforce heroes, and the LttP tpb I've wanted since release since I had a Nintendo Power subscription when they were releasing bits of it in that every month, and I did enjoy then.

K4sUNVu.jpg

Then the brown cat got in the box.

gZAJxKR.jpg
    9IOWW0C.jpg

And the attached notes, which unfortunately gave absolutely no indication of who my Santa was. Oh well! Guess they just decided to remain anonymous this year. :P

Thanks @TheRoadVirus ! May you have a Happy Merry Whatever as well!

Merry whatever the hell! Hope you get some use out of the things. Also man that box is like the perfect size for that cat

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Man, I am totally drawing a blank on a potential project to do for Santee. Which is SUPER LAME! I have stuff already purchased, but still!

Also Santa, if you could talk to the potential new employer and tell them to go ahead and hire me already that would be great. Seriously, it sounds like a great gig and the company seems to want me, but the customer is not ready to have me on or something? I don't even know.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    It Has Begun!

• Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Sorry santa, I bought Fallout4 and Just Cause 3.

That said, my Xbox just took a dive. I have my GF's as a replacement for now, but I'm going to have to buy a new one if i want storage.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Santee - did you really delete your Amazon wish list?

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    ysP9OZp.gif

I've been Steamed!

knm0gk07ayrx.png

One from the wishlist and one I'd never heard of that looks right up my street. Hold the phone! It's by the Deadly Premonition guy?! I love that game! Super excited now.

Edit: Y'know what, I should probably crop out Santa's email there.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    Santee - did you really delete your Amazon wish list?

Maybe it was too old and outdated to be of any help.

In any case, you likely just gave yourself up.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Oh hey, Santa.

Totally not a huge deal, but we've been getting notes on our neighborhood facebook thing about some folks having packages snatched off of their porches. So if you would be so kind as to maybe proxy me a tracking number or estimated delivery date or anything like that if you get one, it would be much appreciated. I hate to be a bother, but it would bring me peace of mind and I'd hate for something to get stolen and me not know for a while.

Thanks!

• Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    @Bobkins Flymo if you're still doing avatars, I'll take one. :)

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    @Jam Warrior The Stanley Parable is fantastic! I heard they made another game as well, but I haven't seen or heard much about it.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    @Jam Warrior The Stanley Parable is fantastic! I heard they made another game as well, but I haven't seen or heard much about it.

The Beginner's Guide! It's on sale right now.

Don't even think, buy buy buy!