Options

[steam] sale combined with possible Friday Night Gaming, inquire within...

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    My primary Fallout 4 weapon is a laser pistol that came with the attribute that it deals double damage to any enemy that's at full health. Have that modded to be as powerful as possible and it does a pretty good job of dropping the weaker wasteland dwellers real quick.

Yeah, I love that one. I have it set up as a sniper pistol. Does a great job.
    My daily user is a silenced 10mm pistol that does bonus gamma damage. Woo!
    Then I have a laser pistol with a beam splitter (laser shotgun!) that does bonus crit damage, for super mutant killing.
    And then there's the alien blaster for fun... the freeze ray gamma pistol for giggles... Oh, and a certain very special .44 revolver from a certain NPC...

I carry a lot of guns around. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    My primary weapon is a suppressed assault rifle, a submachine gun that shoots exploding bullets, a suppressed 50 cal sniper rifle, a laser sniper rifle, a four barrel missile launcher, and a mini nuke launcher that shoots 2 4-warhead MIRV rounds.

my primary is a suppressed/sniper modded combat rifle with the two projectile perk, i posted it before so i wont again, but i love it. seriously, my character should be allowed to get the romance perk with it because im with it way more than any companion.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    My primary weapon is a suppressed assault rifle, a submachine gun that shoots exploding bullets, a suppressed 50 cal sniper rifle, a laser sniper rifle, a four barrel missile launcher, and a mini nuke launcher that shoots 2 4-warhead MIRV rounds.

For giggles I once gave myself the MIRV (6 nukes per pull) with the console and toggled god mode (infinite ammo) and went on a total killing rampage across the map.

And then reloaded my last save and carried on normally.

But it was so damn cathartic. :D

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

For giggles I once gave myself the MIRV (6 nukes per pull) with the console and toggled god mode (infinite ammo) and went on a total killing rampage across the map.

That reminds me of when I got my job in QA at NAMCO. For a few weeks we messed around with a beta build of the original Dead to Rights. We'd turn on infinite rockets and god mode and just mow throw levels cackling like psychos.

Recommended. Would cheat again.

• Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    Trove servers always down. FeelsBadMan.

76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Less than an hour to go on this one!
    SteevL wrote: »
    I've really been enjoying Axiom Verge, although one thing I'll note about it is it's the first Metroidvania I've played in a while that doesn't really hold your hand and tell you where to go. This is pretty cool for the most part, although right now I am seriously annoyed because I am stuck and can't really think of where to go anymore.

It's currently on sale for $13.99, but you can take a shot at this giveaway to get it for free:
    signature.png

I set it to end tomorrow so that people can still get it for that price if they don't win.

Trailer for the game:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_n8IyHE3og

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

Something happened recently that made all of Diamond City go hostile, so I saved beforehand and just took out every single guard and shopkeeper who wanted a piece of me. Then I reloaded and went the other way with it.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Slightly off topic, with all the Laura Bailey a few pages ago, I heard her voicing Black Widow in the Avengers Assemble TV series.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular

Yeah, the MIRV Big Boy is definitely a situational weapon. I've only used it once so far.

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    I go away for Thanksgiving, and come back to a new thread and 11 pages. Wow this thread still moves. Me? I'm terrible at getting my backlog done. Oh well, I'm enjoying it none the less.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I've really been enjoying Axiom Verge, although one thing I'll note about it is it's the first Metroidvania I've played in a while that doesn't really hold your hand and tell you where to go. This is pretty cool for the most part, although right now I am seriously annoyed because I am stuck and can't really think of where to go anymore.

It's currently on sale for $13.99, but you can take a shot at this giveaway to get it for free:
    signature.png

I set it to end tomorrow so that people can still get it for that price if they don't win.

Why did you have to mention this was a Metroidvania? I had already decided not to get it (or spend any more money on this sale), now I have to.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular

signature.png

Trailer for the game:

Congrats to @chris: waffle king! I'll send it to you on Steam after you accept my invitation. Please remember to mark the gift as received on Steamgifts!
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Why did you have to mention this was a Metroidvania? I had already decided not to get it (or spend any more money on this sale), now I have to.

It's definitely more on the Metroid side of things, if that matters. It's basically a love letter to Metroid/Super Metroid visually. It really is amazing that one guy did all the work on the game, including the soundtrack.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »

It's definitely more on the Metroid side of things, if that matters. It's basically a love letter to Metroid/Super Metroid visually. It really is amazing that one guy did all the work on the game, including the soundtrack.

That just makes me want it even more.

The first time I looked at it I thought it was more of a regular side-scroller (like, say, Contra). I love me some Metroid.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    What are the thread's opinions on Aramello? Reviews generally seem mixed, but I'm a sucker for computer board games. Also, does anyone have any experience playing the game with touch controls?

I really liked what I played which so far is probably about 8 games. It's visually really nice. I'm not a great boardgame player so some of the finer mechanics of the game still seem kind of mysterious to me but I've never really felt cheated. It's the kind of game that I think would be confusing and very difficult to play on an actual board but it can move pretty quickly. I haven't played the multiplayer at all but would like to at some point. There are multiple characters to use that each play differently. In addition, there are unlocks that you choose when you start the game which give you different perks. All games require 4 players (bots or humans) and if you are playing by yourself, the computer's turns take about 20-30 seconds before your next turn.

@DoctorArch, Armello is aces. One of it's promo quotes is something like Redwall meets Game of Thrones, which seems pretty apt. The different paths to victory are really distinct, and lead to varied strategies and interesting play. For example, usually you would use a card/spell that reduced infection* to lessen your own if you were going for a combat or reknown victory. But for an infection victory, you get a huge combat boost against other infected creatures (including the king) if your infect level is higher. So if another played is going for that, you can offensively lower their infect level.

The art is beautiful (although the animations reflect the game's humble origins), especially in the card art. And a game doesn't take forever so it's easy to knock off a game in a play session.

Good stuff - I really recommend it, esp. on sale.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015

signature.png

Trailer for the game:

Congrats to @chris: waffle king! I'll send it to you on Steam after you accept my invitation. Please remember to mark the gift as received on Steamgifts!

Holy crow! Thanks @SteevL! You're a prince among peoples!

[edit to add] Checked as received on SteamGifts, and thanks again![/edit]

chris: waffle king on
    steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I was resistant to pipe weaponry at first because hey I have this neat laser musket, but then I got a good pipe rifle that never runs out of ammo and now the musket has been relegated to "tough enemy sniping" duty.

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    subedii wrote: »
    So some of you may guys may have heard that the Steam controller is ridiculously configurable, and has fairly precise gyro / accelerometer control.

Some of you may have also heard of TrackIR, which is a system of LED's and tracking camera used to allow head tracking in games like ArmA and other FPS's. It's a pretty cool system that's been around for a while.

What I don't think anyone was expecting was that you'd... well... just watch the video and you'll get it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn-Kyu9zQuY

His hat is Steam Controller. His hat is Steam Controller.
    Can we all stop for a minute to notice that he is trying to use the sticky jumper to do damage.

Aaagh, make it stop.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    I haven't played tf2 in so long I don't even know what the heck a 'sticky jumper' even is.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    EvilMonkey wrote: »

Now I need a new people-eating-simulator game. :(

Aren't you currently playing one?

No, my current character is my usual first-playthrough "be a nice person, do good deeds" sort. My next one will be happy to munch on the fallen, however...

Besides, Skyrim is better at it, what with weres and all.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    subedii wrote: »
    So some of you may guys may have heard that the Steam controller is ridiculously configurable, and has fairly precise gyro / accelerometer control.

Some of you may have also heard of TrackIR, which is a system of LED's and tracking camera used to allow head tracking in games like ArmA and other FPS's. It's a pretty cool system that's been around for a while.

What I don't think anyone was expecting was that you'd... well... just watch the video and you'll get it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn-Kyu9zQuY

His hat is Steam Controller. His hat is Steam Controller.
    Can we all stop for a minute to notice that he is trying to use the sticky jumper to do damage.

Aaagh, make it stop.

This video is just crazy. . .

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Just Cause 3 is showing as playable right now, btw.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    Is there any PA CS:GO community? I'm kinda tempted to get it for a few bucks just cause. I haven't really played CS since CS:S came out, and I don't really have any patience for randoms anymore.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Thinking about buying Dying Light. A lot of people seem to be calling it one of the more underrated titles this year.

Demo was alright. Controls were a lil awkward for me though, probably going to do a crapload of rebinding if I do.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Is there any PA CS:GO community? I'm kinda tempted to get it for a few bucks just cause. I haven't really played CS since CS:S came out, and I don't really have any patience for randoms anymore.

Kind of, I play like a comp game or two a week now. There's other people that play in Adventure Team too.

• Options
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Definitely fancy ray gun time.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Eh, just a scratch. It'll Buffout.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

He just wants a hug and to say "Hi!"

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Quick performance update for you guys regarding Just Cause 3 (btw, ALL HAIL THE GLORIOUS @Big Classy who is responsible for at least a dozen people playing it today, thanks again champ!)

My computer is as follows:
    i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz
    8GB DDR3
    2GB GTX 670

At 1280x720 on med-high settings I'm getting between 30 to 35 FPS in periods of high action, but otherwise a nose under 60. Perfectly serviceable, but I think the age of my card is finally starting to show.

Back into it!

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

There are a few people who play, I don't remember names off of the top of my head. The thing to remember about CS:GO is that it's kind of unplayable for a couple weeks after every big sale because all of the people who have been VAC banned buy new copies and create new accounts and cheat again.

It's a lot of fun to play with people in a group though.
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Just Cause 3 is showing as playable right now, btw.

Cannot wait to get hooooooooooooome!

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Yeah I won't be playing just cause for a few days, I don't think. I had time off work and everything but life's kinda shitty like that. Have fun for me!

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Nothing that Jet, Psycho, Psychojet, and Psychobuff can't help with.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular

Just Radaway and live to fight another Radaday.
    I'm sorry.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Yeah I won't be playing just cause for a few days, I don't think. I had time off work and everything but life's kinda shitty like that. Have fun for me!

Will do. You can blow stuff up vicariously through me.

• Options
    Guess it's time to fire up Just Cause 3 and see if it's broken for me or not.

steam_sig.png

• Options

Nothing that Jet, Psycho, Psychojet, and Psychobuff can't help with.

My character's clean. She doesn't do drugs.

Nothing that an alien blaster pistol and some VATS-induced crits couldn't sort out, though.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Karrde1842 wrote: »

He just wants a hug and to say "Hi!"

Got a little HEY GUYS WHATS GOING ON IN HERE vibe from that.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Uhhh. Sup
    djnm0utxwq24.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Not a great sign. Just Cause 3 crash to desktop estimated 13 minutes in.

Also the first mission insta-failed because the person with a full life bar I was supposed to be protecting instantly died.

steam_sig.png

This discussion has been closed.