As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arkham Knight] Asylum and City Remasters are out for PS4+Xbone

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    There are multiple ways to deal with all of those enemies. You are not locked into a single technique.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    You do not have to start over after a counter.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    For certain brutes you totally do

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    As long as all I did was a single counter I have never needed to restart a beatdown.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    That was my experience in Origins. You'd stun somebody, begin beatdown, somebody attacks, you counter, resume beatdown but only get maybe 2-3 more punches in before another counter was needed, and at this point the stun would wear off if not now then the next counter.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    In Knight it's specifically the military brutes. It might only be the ones that have the shields on their arms, I'm not sure

edit: so i just jumped in to ar challenges to test if I was crazy or not and I might be crazy? Either way there's just too much going on for me and it stresses me out

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Beatdowns start with a backhand slap and then a couple of "dummy punches" that don't do any damage or combo. Then the real stuff starts. After countering, restarting a beatdown repeats the backhand slap, and then the dummy punches, then continues.

Every single time you backhand slap the guy, the "stun" duration is refreshed. The only way you can lose it is if you've done a counter that is too long. It has nothing to do with length of the stun and everything to do with that counter being too long. It used to happen with Robin all the time in Arkham City.

Fortunately, there's a way around it.

Instead of countering, fire a gadget at the incoming thug. Doesn't matter what. Batarang, rec gun, whatever. Rec gun is the quickest and most reliable.

Then when you restart the beatdown, there is no reslap, no dummy punches, you continue exactly where you left off.

If there are too many dudes to do a beatdown, just throw a freeze grenade at the brute and forget about him. If you'd rather not deal with them at all and don't need them for the combo, don't beat them down at all. Batclaw takedown ends them instantly. Yes, even military brutes. Any brute.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    The now large amount of AR rooms makes grabbing character achievements a lot easier. I knocked out Redhood, Robin, Harley and Catwoman in the last couple nights.

Also, some of the predator challenges are just bs. No broken glass in a level loaded with Windows and machine gun happy goons. That's evil.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Yeah I kinda made my post out of frustration and realize now that I haven't really experimented as much with the combat in Knight as I have in the other games.

Partly because I didn't like the campaign as much and don't really feel like replaying it, and also because the base game came with like, no challenge rooms. There are now more available but I don't exactly feel motivated to spend more money on a game that kind of disappointed me.

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    The now large amount of AR rooms makes grabbing character achievements a lot easier. I knocked out Redhood, Robin, Harley and Catwoman in the last couple nights.

Also, some of the predator challenges are just bs. No broken glass in a level loaded with Windows and machine gun happy goons. That's evil.

I thought the volume made it easier? You only need to 3-star 7 of them.

I didn't bother with the predator challenge ones... they didn't seem like much fun.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options

I thought the volume made it easier? You only need to 3-star 7 of them.

I didn't bother with the predator challenge ones... they didn't seem like much fun.

I said they make it easier.

The predator rooms bum me out. They were my favorite part of AC, but seems none of the other games in the series have been able to pull it off as well.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    The pred rooms in AC taught you how to use all your abilities in a clever way. You could set them all up to knock them all down in a handful of seconds. This game many of the objectives are mutually exclusive, and there's WAY too many "take out this guy last" or "never get seen". Heavily restrictive stuff that applies to every single strategy you can think up in the mission, instead of just giving you three objectives and then letting you finish the rest however you want.

I wonder if they ended up with a different challenge room designer.

I have a feeling much of AC's magic was an accident. They quite deliberately fucked with all the things I found the most compelling in Knight.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Knocked out the Batgirl achievement last night. Her targeting seemed kinda glitched. Had a couple times where she threw a batarang at noone, and would attack into the void while I was pressing towards an enemy.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Ah, misread what you said then. Still not feeling like doing the achievements for the last DLC. :T

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Season of Infamy was a little uneven, but man. The Freeze and Ra's stuff was rad.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    Season of Infamy was a little uneven, but man. The Freeze and Ra's stuff was rad.

Yeah, I definitely had to pause the game for a while and think about what I wanted to do at the end of Ras. In the end, I went for the greater good instead of Batman's good.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
    Both endings fit the story, surprisingly, but shit.
    Having Ra's say he was proud of me hurt.

• Options
    Idk, the greater good ending felt very Batman too.
    I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Big guys can be taken out in one shot with the super batclaw takedown. It's a safer way of handling them in the combo challenge.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Huh, really? Never tried that.

• Options
    I just said that like three times. Sigh.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Not if they're electrified, have to shock those ones first.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    agoaj wrote: »

Nope. That's only for normal takedowns I'm pretty sure. Batclaw takedown doesn't give a shit. I remember hitting an electrified brute with one before.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    agoaj wrote: »

Are you sure? Batclaw defuses their charge, I'm fairly certain I've done a batclaw take down on a charged enemy.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I think he's talking about the electric brutes with the shock gloves. That's the assumption I made when I responded.
    Batclaw takedown is guaranteed on a normal mook thug that has been electrified by a medic. The initial batclaw firing auto defuses them.
    Arkham Knight is a lot like TF2 really.

Take out the Medic first.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    I think he's talking about the electric brutes with the shock gloves. That's the assumption I made when I responded.
    Batclaw takedown is guaranteed on a normal mook thug that has been electrified by a medic. The initial batclaw firing auto defuses them.

So much this. Worst is when a medic revives a medic.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular

So much this. Worst is when a medic revives a medic.

God I hate that. "All right now to mop--what the... WHY ARE YOU BACK UP? WHO ARE THESE CLOWNS? Son of a bitch!"

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I'm fine with medics reviving guys, that's just more punching I get to do.
    I still take them out asap, but that's entirely down to them electrifying dudes all the damn time.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Best moment was when I started a fight with a x5 fear takedown and worked my way through the pack to the medic with it.
    Batman's coming for ya buddy.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I'm fiddling with some of the predator AR maps. And lots of them have some form of "Can't/Don't use detective vision".

Medics are fucking assholes in them. They can go to hell. They can go to hell and die.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Use detective vision at the start. Find the medic starting position. Then restart. Disruptor them all.

But yes I hate them too. And those objectives as well.

You can disrupt them as they're running over to a body if you've missed one.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    wait...can you quickfire the disruptor somehow?

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    He's talking about predator isn't he? You just sit on a perch and pew like normal.
    In a predator sequence, if ones running over, you disrupt from your gargoyle or whatever. Pew. Zap. Medic goes arg. You swish away to somewhere else. Nobody has any idea what happened.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Yeah that makes sense, I was just wondering if I'd missed something crucial :+1:

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    He's talking about predator isn't he? You just sit on a perch and pew like normal.
    In a predator sequence, if ones running over, you disrupt from your gargoyle or whatever. Pew. Zap. Medic goes arg. You swish away to somewhere else. Nobody has any idea what happened.

The best is doing that to a medic who is trying to revive the previous medic disruption victim.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

The best is doing that to a medic who is trying to revive the previous medic disruption victim.

Step 1: Turn on Detective Mode, note that a guy is tracking you.
    Step 2: Disrupt the tracker.
    Step 3: Let him take himself out.
    Step 4: Go to the body, set up some gel traps.
    Step 5: Wait for medic to discover tracker guy.
    Step 6: Disrupt medic, wait for him to repeat the previous guy's folly.
    Step 7: When the biggest cluster of guys arrives to check out the mess, (possibly use voice device if they're not noticing), detonate traps.
    Step 8: Profit.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    You can disrupt detectors?

You can disrupt detectors.

You can disrupt detectors!

Why haven't I ever done this???

*boots up the game*

Morninglord on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I feel like you are probably the only person in the world who didn't immediately try to sabotage the trackers with the disruptor. It works on basically every piece of equipment except perhaps the NVG.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I know! It's weird! It's something I'd normally try!

I don't understand why I never thought of it!

I just tried it and it's so good! :D

Morninglord on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I know! It's weird! It's something I'd normally try!

I don't understand why I never thought of it!

I just tried it and it's so good! :D

It keeps warning you that he's gonna find you and you're just like "lol I'm Batman."