RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Dammit.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    50 hours.

:(

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Adam McKay is directing the film adaptation of Mark Waid's Irredeemable.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    ONE

HOUR

Posting from the train headed over to the theater now

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Like over a week ago

Is it Dr Strange yet?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    I read about half of Irredeemable till I gave up, and apparently that was the right choice as the ending was shite.

But the first few volumes had promise.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    3 hours 45 minutes

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Several days

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    For my own curiosity I rewatched the scene with Barricade (the cop car) fighting Bumblebee

It is a horrendously shot scene where you can tell the robots were thrown in kind of after the fact, and yeah, it is hard to follow for a lot of reasons. But I feel like the designs would work great if someone with some restraint (and a willingness to pull the shots back a bit) was shooting the damn thing.

I do agree that this is a big part of the problem

a lot of the fight scene camerawork feels super claustrophobic, which exacerbates the busyness of the bots' design by making it even harder to see what's going on

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Several days

I know right

the struggle is real

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    From AICN's Hercules
    Bryan Singer “X-Men Apocalypse” isn’t opening until May 27, but Fox is screening it for me on Monday, almost three weeks earlier, with no embargo on the review.

Which tells me the studio thinks it has another “Deadpool” on its hands.

Hmm

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Thea's mini-freakout about it being 8 o'clock and still light out amuses me.

It's still light out at 8 at this time of year up here and it'll push nearly to 10 PM around the summer solstice. And that show's shot in Vancouver, which has the same latitude.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    bought my ticket for a showing of Civil War. Roughly 3 hours away.

went ahead and unlocked Wonder Man because I had enough shards saved up (I haven't spent any money; just what the ... toy has given freely)

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    i love the new power ranger costumes

they remind me of clumsy exo squad/weyland-yutani tech

like, they look like there were designed by kenner to keep a ridiculous toy line afloat

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

like, they look like there were designed by kenner to keep a ridiculous toy line afloat

Oh man
    Fucking Kenner

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    The new power ranger costumes look kind of reminiscent of Eldar armor, except for the helmets.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Rewatching Age of Ultron now

Man I love MCU Ultron a whole bunch

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Oh man
    Fucking Kenner

kenner rules graham

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

Oh man
    Fucking Kenner

kenner rules graham

I say that in a tone of wonder
    I had so many dumb Kenner toys and I still don't know if they were geniuses or madmen

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Saturday at noon

You and me, Cap

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am in theater. 45 minutes left. See you guys on the other side.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    20 MINUTES #TeamCap

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    For some reason I thought this movie premiered tomorrow

So I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I could buy some tickets for a 10pm showing and go right after I finish recording an episode of Bakacast

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

Man somehow I changed my password for MH like a week ago and I've already forgotten it

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular

Man somehow I changed my password for MH like a week ago and I've already forgotten it

The codes won't be valid until tomorrow anyways.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Those power ranger suits look more like iron man suits than mass effect to me probably due to the glowing chestpiece.

Thing is I always associated power rangers fighting to be very acrobatic with lots of jumping and kicking. Which looks like it would be really hard to do in those power armor looking suits?

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »
    Those power ranger suits look more like iron man suits than mass effect to me probably due to the glowing chestpiece.

Thing is I always associated power rangers fighting to be very acrobatic with lots of jumping and kicking. Which looks like it would be really hard to do in those power armor looking suits?

depends on what we're talking about in terms of cgi/practical effects

Also I don' tthink the chestpiece is glowing but I'm not sure, I thought it was lensflare/glare

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

Oh yeah, for sure

Iron Man is fun, but Cap is one of the best characters in the game

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Making him pious/religious/faith-inspired in such a unique path that I love them taking for Ultron.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2016
    Zonugal wrote: »

Making him pious/religious/faith-inspired in such a unique path that I love them taking for Ultron.

And the "lips" are something I hate. So distracting everytime he starts talking.

It probably wouldn't have bothered me if they had kept it less pronounced, like it ends up when he has his vibranium body armor on.

Morkath on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited May 2016

Oh yeah, for sure

Iron Man is fun, but Cap is one of the best characters in the game

Would have been nice if they could have gotten some minor tweaks and updates in for both of them in time for this

But in all fairness they've been focusing on heroes that needed it way more like Emma

Maddoc on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    The best Transformers designs in the toy lines for the live-action films didn't actually show up on-screen.

I don't know if this is because they were designed by the toy designers rather than the film SFXers or something like that, but it's kind of weird.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure Bendis or Waid mentioned that even they don't know what Fury told Thor, the only ones who know are Aaron, his editor, Brevoort and Alonso.

I'm pretty sure the only secret those 4 hold at this point, is that nobody knows what fury said.
    If you really think Jason Aaron, who has been telling one giant story in Thor since the beginning, doesn't know then I don't know what to tell you dude

Ya true on the Aaron part, just does seem like way past the point of reveal, but there were a lot of hands muddled all over that event too weren't there?
    Not really, Aaron handled the whole thing. It just wasn't well received

He commented on the past few months that he hasn't forgotten about it and that it will be revealed before he's done with Thor, probably around the end when Jane's cancer will undoubtedly progess and Odinson has Ultimate Mjolnir

If I had to make a guess, I would think he said something like "You can't save the ones you love most" and while Thor didn't know about Janes cancer, it rung true enough for him to lose it

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I saw Civil War

It was good

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I saw Civil War

It was good

Yeah well I thought it was bad

Civil war

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Catching up on the thread and a little bummed to see the negative reactions to the Power Rangers costumes

I think they look cool

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2016
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Bendis or Waid mentioned that even they don't know what Fury told Thor, the only ones who know are Aaron, his editor, Brevoort and Alonso.

I'm pretty sure the only secret those 4 hold at this point, is that nobody knows what fury said.
    If you really think Jason Aaron, who has been telling one giant story in Thor since the beginning, doesn't know then I don't know what to tell you dude

Ya true on the Aaron part, just does seem like way past the point of reveal, but there were a lot of hands muddled all over that event too weren't there?
    Not really, Aaron handled the whole thing. It just wasn't well received

He commented on the past few months that he hasn't forgotten about it and that it will be revealed before he's done with Thor, probably around the end when Jane's cancer will undoubtedly progess and Odinson has Ultimate Mjolnir

If I had to make a guess, I would think he said something like "You can't save the ones you love most" and while Thor didn't know about Janes cancer, it rung true enough for him to lose it

Wasn't it supposed to have made him unworthy though? Not being able to save someone doesn't make him not worthy, being able and choosing not to would.

I don't think the time line holds up, but at first I was kind of thinking it was the fact that his breaking of the ragnarok cycle ended up being what doomed the multiverse. Basically something he did ended up having a really bad unintended consequence.

Morkath on
  • Options
    Catching up on the thread and a little bummed to see the negative reactions to the Power Rangers costumes

I think they look cool

me and you, vow

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Gotta say, when I saw the pic earlier today on Facebook my first thought was "man I bet Chincy is loving this"

Seeing his reaction was heartbreaking

This discussion has been closed.