Options

[Overwatch 3.0] Justice Rains From Above!

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Bubs wrote: »

Skull2185 I can get on around 8:15 EST tonight, I'll look you up.

Sweet! My buddy uses a LFG website for Destiny and I guess there's one for Overwatch now, so he's going to try and get us a team going. I'll try and save you a spot, though.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Anyone else really starting to notice that low refresh rate?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I'm curious what some of the symbols that pop up on the loading screen represent. Like a little refresh sign or a lightening bolt.
    Is there a way to check how good your connection is? Last night was the first time I felt like there were a few moments of really noticeable lag in a match.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I read somewhere that Blizzard is maybe teasing a co-op mode of sort in the future?

That would certainly make me more comfortable with getting the game.

Well, there's already coop vs AI. It's fun when solo is your only option.

I think the implication was that it'd be a co=op campaign of some sort.

I'm not aware of any teases for a co-op thing, but I'd say some sort of horde mode seems a lot more likely than a campaign.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    "Omnic Assault" practically writes itself

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

The server tickrate? Yea it's really bad. I've gotten killed around corners a half second late sometimes.

Given how incredibly forgiving the netcode is for the shooter, the low tickrate means you get some real bullshit deaths sometimes.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Had some good games last night. I probably need to try and branch out a bit more on characters. I tend to go for the ones that are relatively easy for me to play like Soldier, Torb, Mercy or Lucio. Maybe Roadhog.
    I'm not the best shot so I usually avoid a lot of the characters. Next time I pug it up I'll try and mix it up. Play some stuff I'm not comfortable with.

Heck, I still haven't played Widowmaker, Genji or Zarya since launch because I still don't feel comfortable with some heroes which are easier.

Then again I've had some good moments with Hanzo and that's a bit harder than hitscan. When's a good moment to go Widowmaker? I may give that a go.

Thanks for linking the profile, I've been hoping that there would be something similar to the profile pages for WoW and Diablo 3.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    I did have one kill cam that made no sense. It was a widowmaker in a completely different part of the map shooting at different folks.

And....it just clicked that I must have had some poison running on me when I died. I died in a firefight, but the killcam was confusing.

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

The server tickrate? Yea it's really bad. I've gotten killed around corners a half second late sometimes.

Given how incredibly forgiving the netcode is for the shooter, the low tickrate means you get some real bullshit deaths sometimes.

The tick rate might have something to do with my surviving some situations that should have killed me e.g. Roadhog hooks me and I'm still able to Guardian Angel away (or the Roadhog just wasn't very good).

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Cormac wrote: »

The tick rate might have something to do with my surviving some situations that should have killed me e.g. Roadhog hooks me and I'm still able to Guardian Angel away (or the Roadhog just wasn't very good).

hook positions people in some ducked up places sometimes - like behind road hog or in the air...

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Woo Artic Zarya skin get!

Too bad I'm still terrible with her. I guess it would help if I practiced more. Man I love playing Zenyatta though. So squishy yet makes my enemies squishy as well.

• Options
    Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    Cormac wrote: »

hook positions people in some ducked up places sometimes - like behind road hog or in the air...

I lose many a sure kill because the Hook pulls my target into some random position and they can react before I get the shotgun on target. Especially frustrating when it is a Tracer as she is always mashing Rewind so getting ti timed correctly is super important.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    I'm curious what some of the symbols that pop up on the loading screen represent. Like a little refresh sign or a lightening bolt.
    Is there a way to check how good your connection is? Last night was the first time I felt like there were a few moments of really noticeable lag in a match.

@akajaybay Shift-Ctrl-R for a small display that shows FPS and network latency. Shift-Ctrl-N for a dumb graph overlay which would be nice if you could make it not fill the entire play area.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    It's okay to always pick McCree because it's always hiiiiiigh nooooooon

I just really love that character, don't judge me.

I also apologize to anyone who has been playing with me the past few days.

"Hey...hey guys, guess what time it is?" :tell_me_more:

Had a McCree griping because me and second Mei player kept blocking his ult with ice walls.

Tried to feel bad, but not real hard.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Stupid long weekend mini-vacation. Completely ruined my Overwatching.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Last night I used the voice emote to signal that high noon was ready, then ran up behind a shielding reinhart and starting ulting. The Reinhart then dropped his shield and ran away, then i was promptly sniped.

This ended up being the play of the game for the widowmaker.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular

Had a McCree griping because me and second Mei player kept blocking his ult with ice walls.

Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    I wish console Lucio had an always wall run toggle like Genji and Hanzo. I've swapped jump to left trigger which helps, but getting my parkour on is really tough on a controller.

Also new favorite thing, when on defense on Gibraltar hiding in the doorway to the house as Lucio then booping people towards the cliff.

He does. (On Xbox, anyway.)

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Last night I used the voice emote to signal that high noon was ready, then ran up behind a shielding reinhart and starting ulting. The Reinhart then dropped his shield and ran away, then i was promptly sniped.

At least you can rest easy knowing that the Reinhardt was publicly humiliated for doing that.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    StasisStasis Registered User regular

I don't trust Reinhardt anymore

He's betrayed me too many times

Trying to take down a sieged Bastion? Awesome, Reinhardt shield, I can just stand and send some rockets at Basti--oh yeah Reiny that's good work, I only needed that shield for about 0.16 seconds, it's fine, I'm fine being a puff of vapor

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Whoever's idea it was to have a play of the game at the end of every match deserves a raise, Blizzard.

It's a viral marketing engine built into the goddamn game.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular

If McCree doesn't use his ult after he pops it, he gets a 50% recharge on it. It's a great zoning tool - makes the enemy team scramble like crazy.

Yeah, definitely wouldn't feel bad either.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Stasis wrote: »

I don't trust Reinhardt anymore

He's betrayed me too many times

Trying to take down a sieged Bastion? Awesome, Reinhardt shield, I can just stand and send some rockets at Basti--oh yeah Reiny that's good work, I only needed that shield for about 0.16 seconds, it's fine, I'm fine being a puff of vapor

Equally frustrating is being on the other sid eof the equation

"Okay guys, get behind me, we can make a solid push against their entrenched position if you just lemme shield you!'

I push forward...and realize my ENTIRE TEAM is too buy fighting a single Tracer by our spawn to push up against the other *5* players further ahead.

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Never shoot your Meka across the ground, always launch it into the air at least a little to prevent shennanigans like that from happening.

For example, this is how you do it right still wrong.

https://gfycat.com/FortunateExcitableIguanodon

It did win us the match, however. So no regrets! WINKYFACE!

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    I wish you could open multiple loot boxes at once.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Ordered
    dporowski wrote: »
    I wish console Lucio had an always wall run toggle like Genji and Hanzo. I've swapped jump to left trigger which helps, but getting my parkour on is really tough on a controller.

Also new favorite thing, when on defense on Gibraltar hiding in the doorway to the house as Lucio then booping people towards the cliff.

In the normal character options? I didn't see it last night digging through the options for him on the bone.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Ordered
    dporowski wrote: »

In the normal character options? I didn't see it last night digging through the options for him on the bone.

There's a REALLY subtle dropdown on the top right when in "controls". Like, not even joking, it took me the entire beta plus a day or two of release to even see it.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    So this games awesome.

Primary mercy player. But I play what team needs. Friend me @ mojojoeo

The 20hrz tick rate is entirely too low. It's completely noticeable

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Yeah I would play Reinhardt more but I feel like a lot of the time it just ends up being me with a shield while the rest of the team is running around solo as Genjis, Hanzos, and Mcrees nowhere near behind my shield.
    Or worse standing there with a shield and a Mercy parked behind you healing. I'm not hurt, I'm not really doing much of anything except advancing on the enemies until this thing break or I try and toss some fire at them and die in the immediate barrage. When Reinhardt is working though it's pretty satisfying.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    A buddy and I discovered the Zarya + Pharah ult wombo combo and proceeded to win the next 4 games with it before we called it a night.

10/10 would rain justice into a black hole again.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

Funny story, back when we were expecting our first child, my wife started hanging out on a message board for other expecting moms, and has kept in touch with a lot of people she met there over the years. This kid's mom was one of them.

• Options
    MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    I'd bet anything there are at least two devs at Bliz ugly-crying right now because of that post.

3DS: 4098-4243-6127
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I think for the ridiculous amount of utility Mei has they should really consider lowering her damage. She's oppressive.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular

Nobeard wrote: »

What?

Opening is at least 51% of the fun. Especially if its a crappy box. Just like Hearthstone.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »
    I think for the ridiculous amount of utility Mei has they should really consider lowering her damage. She's oppressive.

LIES!

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »

No, no. You must be disappointed with your single blue and 3 commons boxes slowly (all sprays), one at a time, to let the pain really sink in.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    MrVyngaard wrote: »
    Never shoot your Meka across the ground, always launch it into the air at least a little to prevent shennanigans like that from happening.

For example, this is how you do it right still wrong.

https://gfycat.com/FortunateExcitableIguanodon

It did win us the match, however. So no regrets! WINKYFACE!

What are you playing this game on, vyn?

Nevermind. I see the mouse button prompts

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    I can't stop linking these, they're amazing!

Junkrat-redirected Reinhardt charge claims a surprised victim

the Reinhardt pauses at the end there like, wtf just happened

This discussion has been closed.