Options

[Phalla]tale - Final Day: The End

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    I keep having this crazy theory that I go back to whenever i read over the thread where Delmain was mafia, and the whole mason thing was a crazy gambit because the mafia was going to lose someone that day anyway, and we've been reading the entire game wrong since then because of that

I am pretty deeply afraid of this possibility.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Also if the mafia killed me tonight they're jerks because absolutely no part of my win condition involves me having to get rid of them

• Options
    Oh btw i THINK theres enough damage going towards shalmelo tonight to kill him, i would expect him to be dead tomorrow

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    No, we're really masons. At least I am. If we lose is not for having trustedme and mega...

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    The thing is, the mason reveal was really close to vote close, right? And if we had in fact happened to be mafia, that seems like an awfully high-risk thing to do (considering it would expose another mafia), with a low to medium reward (save a mafia for another day). I just don't see why mafia would take such a gambit.

• Options
    Keep in mind that Delmain and DUE both withdrew and were low-activity prior to that. Would they really take such a risk?

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Hiding ~25% of the mafia team in plain sight seems like a pretty good payoff, especially given that people around here pretty much refuse to call bluffs

• Options
    Megafrost wrote: »
    Keep in mind that Delmain and DUE both withdrew and were low-activity prior to that. Would they really take such a risk?

I did say the theory was crazy.
    But it would explain a lot about why we've been so unsuccessful about finding mafia since then.

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Megafrost wrote: »

Meta-gaming, but: Delmain also withdrew and seemed pretty fed-up with Phalla on the whole. Possibility he and DUE did a thing, and the rest of the mafia team gave them so much shit about it Delmain decided to ragequit?

Unlikely, just grasping at straws at this point.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Hiding ~25% of the mafia team in plain sight seems like a pretty good payoff, especially given that people around here pretty much refuse to call bluffs

But this supposed payoff can only be seen through hindsight.

• Options
    Preda wrote: »
    No, we're really masons. At least I am. If we lose is not for having trustedme and mega...

This...is not how masons work. Having uncertainty about the other mason is literally the opposite of what it means to be a mason.

• Options
    WACriminal wrote: »

This...is not how masons work. Having uncertainty about the other mason is literally the opposite of what it means to be a mason.

Have I ever told you about the time that my mason partner got converted to mafia the same night I died and announced him to be my mason partner?

True story.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    I really hope this wasn't a conversion game

edit: if it was, pick meeeeeeeee

Fry on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Day 10: Rebellion

Chaos had finally reached the monsters' capital city. The discord was in fact there from the start of the conflict, but the magnitude of the situation had reached its breaking point. Once again, the Royal Guard came up empty in their search for more humans, and the people turned to revolt. The once-strong leader of the monsters fell to his subjects' violent grasping for answers. Elsewhere, another monster was slain in combat. Throughout the conflict, they had tried to gather information to understand the situation. Now, their eyes would be closed forever. Monsterkind inched loser and closer to the precipice... would there be any chance of a turnaround?

Eliminated Players
    Brody
    lonelyahava
    shalmelo

Day 10 closes Thursday, June 16, 10PM PDT / Friday, June 17, 1AM EDT / 5AM UTC.

Status Update PMs are going out now. I will post in the thread to note when this has been completed.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    The only positive thing about this whole mess is that the people I'm most suspicious of keep dying at night.

Preda for what seems like a colossal scumslip

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    All Status Update PMs should now be out.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    OooOOOOooOOOO

hahahaha

OOoooOOOOooOOO

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    AustinP0027
    discrider
    Assuran Fry
    H3Knuckles
    Invictus
    JusticeForPluto
    LostNinja
    McKid
    Delmain Megafrost
    DasUberEdward Preda
    premium
    enlightenedbum Teucrian
    WACriminal

This are the survviving few. between those namest should be at least 4/5 mafia.

Due to yesterday vote turn, I suspect mainly discrider, Fry, JFP, Lost Ninja and WACriminal.

The only people I resonably trust right now are Megafrost and Austin (if AUstin pulled one with the passworld or kime did it wrong, we're toast for sure).

Some trust to premium (easy fake call) and H3 (right calls but only really back in the game).

No read on Mkid (that's why is wrong to not vote, even if possible, it leaves you as a ?, something you don't want as village) invictus and Teucrian.

Let's talk people!

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I'm Villiage.

I really suspect Fry.

• Options
    I think Preda and Megafrost need to start calling hits in some way.

As for the vote, I need time to think.

• Options
    We would've called for a different target if we thought Lonelyahava was a bad vote.

Similarly the hit on Shalmelo, as far as I know, was Austin's call.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Ugh. I shouldn't have checked my phone when I woke up. This makes no sense and now I'm fully awake.

Shalmelo hit was my call, he claimed neutral with a really ominous wincon of crossing the portal and asking about monster souls.

Also somehow we've dropped back to three kills. Only one of which is from an unknown origin.

I'd like to coordinate the village better today, so as everyone reads this, I need people to either PM or post here (your call) your SL, HP, and AT values.

If we can't get people to claim publicly what they are doing, even if they are village, then I am going to start handing out actions for people to take and we are going to kill/vote out people who don't listen.

I'm not seeing another way of getting this done, and at this point there shouldn't be any doubt I am village.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Attempting to update H3's vote list.
    Day 1
    • Bedlam [8]: Brody (4), Martoss (18), enlightenedbum (25), Heffling (26), premium (32), JusticeForPluto (37), Grunt's Ghosts (45), cj iwakura (46)
    • cj iwakura [6]: LostNinja (7), H3Knuckles (24), Raiden333 (27), Bedlam (43), discrider (47), kime (48)
    • kime [4]: Capfalcon (12), INAGnomeTP (29), Assuran (38), McKid (42)
    • Shalmelo [3]: AustinP0027 (8), Invictus (11), Delmain (50)
    • Phyphor [2]: JaysonFour (1), Matev (19)
    • JPants [2]: 38thDoe (10), Egos (39)
    • Capfalcon [2]: Cythraul (14), Phyphor (20)
    • enlightenedbum [2]: Zombie Hero (28), Auralynx (31)
    • Cythraul[2]: LonelyAhava (33), Dragon6860 (41)
    • Grunt's Ghosts [1]: Gizzy (16), H3Knuckles (21)
    • INAGnomeTP [1]: Sir Fabulous (15), discrider (36)
    • JaysonFour [1]: Delmain (2)
    • chamberlain [1]: The Cow King (3)
    • Brody [1]: MrTLicious (5)
    • Phaserlight [1]: Virgil_Leads_You (6)
    • The Cow King [1]: chamberlain (9)
    • AustinP0027 [1]: Locus (13)
    • Egos [1]: JPants (17)
    • Matev [1]: Baidol (22)
    • discrider [1]: Shalmelo (23)
    • Virgil_Leads_you [1]: Phaserlight (34)
    • premium [1]: WACriminal (35)
    • Locus [1]: Ardor (40)
    • Baidol [1]: Cantide (44)
    • 38thDoe [1]: SLyM (49)
    • Delmain [1]: LonelyAhava (51)
    • Zombie Hero [0]: cj iwakura (30)

Did not vote: DasUberEdward

Deaths: Bedlam-vote, Virgil_Leads_You-hit squad, Gizzy-?, JPants-?

Day 2
    • Grunt's Ghosts [10]: LostNinja (1), AustinP0027 (4), Brody (6), JaysonFour (8), enlightenedbum (15), Dragon6860 (21), Ardor (23), JusticeForPluto (24), Martoss (32), kime (34)
    • DasUberEdward [7]: WACriminal (14), Matev (18), Sir Fabulous (25), Capfalcon (26), discrider (30), Baidol (31), Phyphor (33)
    • kime [3]: Cantide (22), Shalmelo (35), INAGnomeTP (36)
    • premium [2]: Zombie Hero (2), Heffling (5)
    • Brody [2]: WACriminal (7), Cythraul(9), MrTLicious (11)
    • SLyM [2]: Grunt's Ghosts (16), cj iwakura (19)
    • Assuran [2]: LonelyAhava (17), premium (38)
    • LostNinja [2]: Invictus (27), Auralynx (28)
    • enlightenedbum [1]: Assuran (3)
    • JaysonFour [1]: 38thDoe (10)
    • discrider [1]: Locus (12)
    • Heffling [1]: DasUberEdward (13)
    • McKid [1]: chamberlain (20)
    • Capfalcon [1]: The Cow King (29)
    • Baidol [1]: SLyM (37)

Did not vote: Delmain, Egos, H3Knuckles, McKid, Phaserlight, Raiden333

Deaths: Grunt's Ghosts-vote, Capfalcon-unknown group kill or vig kill, Egos-vig kill or unknown group kill, JaysonFour-hit squad

Day 3
    • Heffling [12]: Shalmelo (9), Raiden333 (12), Brody (13), WACriminal (15), AustinP0027 (19), Sir Fabulous (22), discrider (23), 38thDoe (26), H3Knuckles (28), Baidol (31), Invictus (33), Martoss (38)
    • Brody [10]: MrTLicious (2), chamberlain (3), cj iwakura (8), Sir Fabulous (16), premium (18), 38thDoe (20), Auralynx (21), Dragon6860 (25), enlightenedbum (32), Cythraul (35), kime (36), Phyphor (37)
    • Shalmelo [2]: AustinP0027 (5), LostNinja (17), Cantide (34)
    • MrTLicious [2]: Zombie Hero (6), H3Knuckles (24), The Cow King (30)
    • discrider [1]: Locus (4)
    • WACriminal [1]: Matev (7)
    • Sir Fabulous [1]: JusticeForPluto (10)
    • LostNinja [1]: Phaserlight (11)
    • LonelyAhava [1]: Ardor (27)
    • Ardor [1]: LonelyAhava (29)
    • H3Knuckles [0]: discrider (1)
    • DasUberEdward [0]: Martoss (14)

Did not vote: DasUberEdward, Delmain, Heffling, INAGnomeTP, McKid, SLyM

Deaths: Heffling-vote, Matev-hit squad, Zombie Hero-mafia

Withdrawal: Assuran

Day 4
    • Ardor [9]: cj iwakura (13), Auralynx (14), The Cow King (15), premium (22), DasUberEdward (39), Delmain (41), Martoss (42), Shalmelo (43), WACriminal (44)
    • Delmain [6]: Sir Fabulous (12), LonelyAhava (18), Brody (19), 38thDoe (21), AustinP0027 (23), Shalmelo (25), Raiden333 (27), H3Knuckles (31), Martoss (32)
    • Auralynx [4]: Delmain (16), Phyphor (24), INAGnomeTP (30), discrider (35), Martoss (37), Fry (38)
    • Phaserlight [2]: Fry (4), LostNinja (6), Dragon6860 (17)
    • Shalmelo [2]: WACriminal (8), Ardor (20), Cantide (29)
    • INAGnomeTP [2]: SLyM (34), kime (36)
    • Cythraul[1]: discrider (2), Baidol (28)
    • H3Knuckles [1]: MrTLicious (3)
    • Martoss [1]: Locus (5)
    • LostNinja [1]: Phaserlight (7)
    • Cantide [1]: chamberlain (11)
    • DasUberEdward [1]: JusticeForPluto (33)
    • The Cow King [1]: LonelyAhava (40)
    • MrTLicious [0]: H3Knuckles (1)
    • Raiden333 [0]: Shalmelo (9)
    • McKid [0]: AustinP0027 (10)
    • LonelyAhava [0]: DasUberEdward (26)

Did not vote: Cythraul, enlightenedbum, Invictus, McKid

Deaths: Ardor-vote, Baidol-hit squad, Sir Fabulous-mafia

Activated: Fry (replaces Assuran)

Day 5
    • cj iwakura [9]: 38thDoe (17), Fry (23), Martoss (26), H3Knuckles (27), Raiden333 (28), LostNinja (29), Brody (30), Cantide (31), Cythraul (32)
    • INAGnomeTP [2]: discrider (2), JusticeForPluto (9), H3Knuckles (22)
    • Phaserlight [2]: WACriminal (7), Dragon6860 (14)
    • AustinP0027 [2]: premium (8), MrTLicious (21)
    • McKid [2]: Invictus (11), Megafrost (15)
    • Cantide [2]: cj iwakura (12), chamberlain (16)
    • Dragon6860 [2]: Phaserlight (18), Auralynx (19)
    • The Cow King [1]: LonelyAhava (1), Brody (4), Fry (5)
    • discrider [1]: Locus (3)
    • LonelyAhava [1]: DasUberEdward (6)
    • WACriminal [1]: The Cow King (10)
    • Locus [1]: AustinP0027 (20), Raiden333 (24)
    • Auralynx [1]: SLyM (25)
    • JusticeForPluto [0]: LostNinja (13)

Did not vote: INAGnomeTP, kime, McKid, Phyphor, Shalmelo

Deaths: cj iwakura-vote, Auralynx-mafia, INAGnomeTP-?, Phyphor-hit squad

Withdrawal: Delmain, enlightenedbum

Activated: Megafrost (replaces Delmain)

Day 6
    • Raiden333 [9]: LonelyAhava (2), Teucrian (9), Locus (10), Shalmelo (12), premium (19), Dragon6860 (20), Invictus (21), Cantide (24), Megafrost (25)
    • Locus [8]: Raiden333 (13), AustinP0027 (15), Martoss (16), H3Knuckles (17), Brody (18), discrider (23), Fry (27), JusticeForPluto (28)
    • McKid [2]: Fry (4), WACriminal (6), JusticeForPluto (7), Dragon6860 (8), kime (26)
    • H3Knuckes [1]: Phaserlight (3)
    • premium [1]: MrTLicious (11)
    • Brody [1]: LostNinja (14)
    • Dragon6860 [1]: 38thDoe (22)
    • Phaserlight [0]: discrider (1), Martoss (5)

Did not vote: chamberlain, Cythraul, DasUberEdward, Mckid, SLyM, The Cow King

Deaths: Raiden333-vote, Locus-hit squad, 38thDoe-mafia?, Martoss-mafia?, SLyM-inactivity penalty

Activated: Teucrian (replaces enlightenedbum)

Day 7
    • Cantide [7]: AustinP0027 (6), kime (9), MrTLicious (16), WACriminal (17), discrider (18), Brody (20), JusticeForPluto (23)
    • AustinP0027 [6]: H3Knuckes (1), Phaserlight (2), Teucrian (5), Shalmelo (22), Megafrost (24), Fry (26)
    • Brody [3]: LostNinja (3), The Cow King (7), premium (12)
    • kime [3]: Fry (4), WACriminal (8), chamberlain (11), Dragon6860 (13), Brody (14), Cantide (15)
    • The Cow King [2]: Preda (10), Invictus (19)
    • Fry [1]: LonelyAhava (25)

Did not vote: Cythraul, Mckid

Deaths: Cantide - vote, Cythraul - inactivity, kime - mafia?, Phaserlight mafia?

Activated: Preda (replaces DasUberEdward)

Day 8
    • The Cow King [10]: discrider (2), Preda (7), Invictus (11), AustinP0027 (12), premium (15), Brody (18), Fry (23), Megafrost (25), MrTLicious (26), Shalmelo (27)
    • AustinP0027 [4]: LostNinja (1), Teucrian (6), Shalmelo (8), Invictus (9), Megafrost (14), WACriminal (16), The Cow King (24)
    • chamberlain [4]: LonelyAhava (10), Fry (17), H3Knuckles (19), Dragon6860 (20), JusticeForPluto (21), The Cow King (22)
    • Mckid [1]: chamberlain (13)
    • WACriminal [0]: Fry (3), Brody (5)

Did not vote: McKid

Deaths: chamberlain - hit squad, Dragon6860 - mafia, MrTLicious - mafia, The Cow King - vote

Day 9
    • LonelyAhava [11]: Invictus (4), Discrider (5), WACriminal (7), LostNinja (8), JusticeforPluto (10), AustinP0027 (11), Brody (12), Megafrost (13), Preda (14), Teucrian (16), Fry (17), Premium (18)
    • Brody [1] : Fry (19)
    • WACriminal [1] : Megafrost (6), LonelyAhava (9)
    • JusticeforPluto [1] : Shalmelo (15)
    • AustinP0027 [0] : WACriminal (1), LostNinja (2)
    • Megafrost [0]: Fry (3)

Did not vote: H3Knuckles, McKid

Deaths: Brody - mafia, LonelyAhava - vote, Shalmelo - hit squad

Let me know if there are any errors.

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    oOoOoOoOoOoOo

I can see clearly now, the rain has gone...

oOoOoOoOoOoOo

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Due to yesterday vote turn, I suspect ...

Can you walk through how you got anything useful out of yesterday's vote? I left for the evening to go do real life stuff, and when I came back there was a massive pileup on lonely with no real alternatives.
    I'd like to coordinate the village better today, so as everyone reads this, I need people to either PM or post here (your call) your SL, HP, and AT values.

I mostly trust you, but I don't understand how this information helps us if you're town. Whereas if you're mafia, this info potentially sets you up to get a triple or quad kill. Can you explain what you're hoping to accomplish with this?

Fry on
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    The narration reads like the mafia didn't kill anyone. Unless the "once strong leader" falling to his people is still referring to who the royal guard took, meaning ahava.

• Options
    Day 9
    • LonelyAhava [11]: Invictus (4), Discrider (5), WACriminal (7), LostNinja (8), JusticeforPluto (10), AustinP0027 (11), Brody (12), Megafrost (13), Preda (14), Teucrian (16), Fry (17), Premium (18) Invictus (11), AustinP0027 (12), premium (15)
    • Brody [1] : Fry (19)
    • WACriminal [1] : Megafrost (6), LonelyAhava (9)
    • JusticeforPluto [1] : Shalmelo (15)
    • AustinP0027 [0] : WACriminal (1), LostNinja (2)
    • Megafrost [0]: Fry (3)

Did not vote: H3Knuckles, McKid

Deaths: Brody - mafia, LonelyAhava - vote, Shalmelo - hit squad

Let me know if there are any errors.

I think D9 needs some repair.

• Options
    I mostly trust you, but I don't understand how this information helps us if you're town. Whereas if you're mafia, this info potentially sets you up to get a triple or quad kill. Can you explain what you're hoping to accomplish with this?

If we're going to continue to have hits happen, they need to be coordinated. I don't see that anyone is going to be willing to stop doing individual attacks, so I would rather coordinate those than let them happen at random. Specifically, if we're going to attack, they should be pointed in specific directions instead of everyone throwing random one offs on others that provide no purpose.

I don't know that I necessarily like the thought of killing more people, but I also don't know if everyone can be trusted to not attack to try and just do votes only.

• Options

I think D9 needs some repair.

Can you point me to what looks off? I thought I updated all that correctly, but I'll be honest that it was a giant pain so my eyes may be glazing over some error when I look at it.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Specifically, there are a lot of doublevotes on the lonely train, which looks like a copypasta error.

Do you need specific stats in order to tell everyone to hit a particular person? I would be super doubtful of your ability to arrange successful hits on more than one target, given that we're probably close to half the players being mafia. So it seems like you should just have everyone hit the same person.

Fry on
  • Options
    Ah, there it is. Thanks. Fixed that.

The problem with just firing a single hit is there's no verification other than death. I'm hoping that I can ensure that we are removing suspects and also validating those engaged both at the same time.

If people are flat out unwilling to share their stats, I'll rethink and decide on how to provide a single target, but in stretching that out further my fear is that we're going to slowly weed ourselves out with random guesses and reach the point where mafia outnumber village and the game is over.

• Options

The problem with just firing a single hit is there's no verification other than death. I'm hoping that I can ensure that we are removing suspects and also validating those engaged both at the same time.

If people are flat out unwilling to share their stats, I'll rethink and decide on how to provide a single target, but in stretching that out further my fear is that we're going to slowly weed ourselves out with random guesses and reach the point where mafia outnumber village and the game is over.

Long games usually favor the village, though. Right? The longer it goes, the more information we have to work with.

• Options

But again, the risk of multiple targets when half of us are mafia is that we don't kill anyone because both groups are too weak with one or two people actively not attacking, and even more so, the mafia actively guarding the chosen target of its one of them. I don't see how this will help with verification either when again the odds of all the mafia being on the same team is nonexistent.

• Options
    LostNinja wrote: »
    The narration reads like the mafia didn't kill anyone. Unless the "once strong leader" falling to his people is still referring to who the royal guard took, meaning ahava.

Any comments on this? Am I the only one that read it this way?

• Options

But again, the risk of multiple targets when half of us are mafia is that we don't kill anyone because both groups are too weak with one or two people actively not attacking, and even more so, the mafia actively guarding the chosen target of its one of them. I don't see how this will help with verification either when again the odds of all the mafia being on the same team is nonexistent.

Fair enough. There's enough resistance to this that it's not worth trying it. I had a grand scheme that I felt would have worked, but it would have been dependent on not telling everyone exactly the plan to be able to do validations, so instead, I'll just pick a target and PM everyone who to attack. Any Concerns?

Any comments on this? Am I the only one that read it this way?

The strong leader is either Brody or Shalmelo, as the royal guard is listed separate, so it's not referring to Ahava. I would lean to it being Shalmelo, as it refers to the subjects, which is more likely our village hit.

We haven't actually had anything the specifically states a mafia kill in the narration in a couple days. There is conversation about "war of invaders" and "signs of invaders" but nothing stating an invader kill directly. So unless the slain in combat piece is a mafia kill on Brody, we may have had a day of only monster hit squads and a vote.

Anyone willing to come forward and claim monster hit squad on Brody?

• Options
    I attacked him as I've been suspicious of him for a couple days. I wasn't organized with anyone though I knew Fry was attacking him as well.

Seems an odd choice for a mafia kill regardless as others had mentioned being suspicious of him also.

• Options
    Any 2 others out there willing to fess up?

I don't know you or Fry's SL, so assuming SL1, that means 4 people needed. If a couple of you were SL2, that's just 3.

We need at least one more person to admit they attacked Brody.

Then we enter the weird world of not having a mafia kill last night....

• Options

I don't know you or Fry's SL, so assuming SL1, that means 4 people needed. If a couple of you were SL2, that's just 3.

Could be less if he was supporting or had lost HP supporting someone who died.

If we can trace that kill to misguided village (which the narration seems to indicate), I think we need to do the passifist option tonight. All of us. Every single person.

• Options

If we can trace that kill to misguided village (which the narration seems to indicate), I think we need to do the passifist option tonight. All of us. Every single person.

No. If the game is winnable by the mafia tonight through normal means they will just spend the day laughing at you and then dogpile someone right before close, if you even manage to convince everyone to listen (not everyone will listen).

• Options

To expand on this, even if some misguided villagers attacked brody, its still possible he was going to die last night from mafia regardless.
    Afaik we still have unaccounted for kills from a few nights with no mafia deaths since.