As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[steam]: The Summer Picnic Sale has arrived! (Charity Drive info at top of OP)

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    I woke up today to the wonderful gift of Shelter 2
    Thank you @Berylline, I will try my hardest not to let the little lynxies die

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Has anyone played 7 Days to Die? Is it worth the $10?

• Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    I see Isy is being Isy again.

Also, thanks @Grove!

2nft8qfdurgu.jpg

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Shout out to @Iolo for the gift of Absolute Drift, one of only two things from my wishlist I knew for sure I was going to buy before this sale ended.
    You're an absolute legend.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

Been playing on a friends server for a few days now. It's been a lot of fun so far, bit rough between lag and disconnects, but that's more a server issue obviously. There are various zombie types, lots of crafting and building and an increasingly difficult horde mode built in that fires (shocker) every seven days.

All in all, I already feel I've pulled my money's worth at the cheaper price and if the devs put some work into it like the ARK devs did for their game, it'll keep getting better. They just need to do a hardcore bug smash I think.

Anyway - that's a fast and poorly written thumbs up review after a few days play!

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Mudzgut wrote: »

Been playing on a friends server for a few days now. It's been a lot of fun so far, bit rough between lag and disconnects, but that's more a server issue obviously. There are various zombie types, lots of crafting and building and an increasingly difficult horde mode built in that fires (shocker) every seven days.

All in all, I already feel I've pulled my money's worth at the cheaper price and if the devs put some work into it like the ARK devs did for their game, it'll keep getting better. They just need to do a hardcore bug smash I think.

Anyway - that's a fast and poorly written thumbs up review after a few days play!

Awesome. So you started a server yourself and only your friends can join? Similar to how Terraria/Minecraft? I was worried about griefers.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    God damn it, all the Final Fantasy games have fucked up controller issues. I'm trying to use an Xbox One Elite Controller.

Final Fantasy VI crashes as soon as I push a button.
    Final Fantasy X/X-2 doesn't respond to my controller at all.
    Final Fantasy XIII doesn't respond to my controller at all.

I remember having to roll back to old drivers last time I was playing FF13.

I'm using an Xbox One Elite controller. Wireless. I don't want to roll back to old drivers anymore. Any ideas?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    @shdwcaster just gifted me Don't Starve Shipwrecked. You guys know what you must do. I'm working on my own method of retaliation right now but it will take some time.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    All these gifts, Hum. Well as fun as it is hitting people we all know and love, how about some for the people not getting targeted? Also I hear these are great for the backlog challenge.

Collect backlogs away:
    signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Please, if you enter these, and than friend me on steam so I can send out the prizes post haste.
    Iolo wrote: »
    DyasAlure, maikero is @Mai-Kero.

Friend request sent, income as soon as you accept. This is why I recommend you just friend me right away. I need more friends. :) Thanks @Iolo

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Well that's Valkyria Chronicles down. Man, that game got anime as hell, especially in the last couple of chapters, but it was enjoyable and had a nice ending. I had no idea that was Hedy Burress voicing Rosie or Laura Bailey voicing Isara.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Thanks @Gear for Final Fantasy IV! Working on III right now, can't wait to finish up the series with the few games that I have left! So glad that Steam has most of them. Thanks again!

JwoLW6f.png

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    Mudzgut wrote: »

Awesome. So you started a server yourself and only your friends can join? Similar to how Terraria/Minecraft? I was worried about griefers.

They have a single player, a peer host option and then a friend of mine happened to have a private server - so yup - you can avoid griefers. =)

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Im so sorry guys, I've been super busy and trying to do a trillion things at once. I need to give out super thanks to a few different people!

@Isorn thank you so much for Kingdom, I saw a stream of this and it was very interesting to me, going to definitely check it out. <3
    @cardboard delusions thank you very much for Mustache Mountain, theres something about the art for this game that really looks awesome. <3
    @Berylline thank you very much for Faery-Legends of Avalon! This game looks super interesting, I definitely like their take on the look of Faeries. <3

not on steam but thanks so much to @Karoz for a non-steam copy of Heavensward. Squeenix is completely horrendous with their policies (steam expac cant be used on non-steam base account, or reverse, etc.) and Karoz saved the day and picked up the expansion for me because hes super baller awesome. <3

Thank you very very much to everyone here! You're all amazing amazing amazing. Also I'm so super excited with how many of you have taken this backlog battle to heart and have been demolishing your backlogs. Its so awesome to see. :)

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    All these gifts, Hum. Well as fun as it is hitting people we all know and love, how about some for the people not getting targeted? Also I hear these are great for the backlog challenge.

Collect backlogs away:
    signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Please, if you enter these, and than friend me on steam so I can send out the prizes post haste.
    Iolo wrote: »
    DyasAlure, maikero is Mai-Kero.

Friend request sent, income as soon as you accept. This is why I recommend you just friend me right away. I need more friends. :) Thanks Iolo

So I finally caught up with the thread. Guess pulling extra shift at work and getting 6 hours OT has perks?

Let's see.

Read steam thread? Check
    Send out last steam gifts? Half check
    Get all Hercules in here? Check

No seriously, everyone in the backlog challenge that isn't pink should enter those. Someone all ready did them for points.

[spoiler
    Ok pink people can enter too.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Back when I was in elementary school, there was one unit I constantly looked forward to- that was when they cleared away some of the tables and chairs in the library and set up this giant inflatable thing called a Starlab, I think it was. We got to crawl inside the thing and then our teacher would go and start teaching us about the constellations as they were projected on the top of the dome. Not only did we get to get out of the classroom for a good long while, we got to learn just what some of the stories were behind the constellations- and I think that's where my love of the sky has come from. Astronomy used to be something I followed relentlessly- and you could often find me outside and staring straight up at the stars. I even used to stay up late to watch Jack Horkheimer's Star Gazers on PBS.

These days, however, the neighbors have their pool lights on constantly, the backyard is full of surprises thanks to another neighbor's dog, and it's not like the rainy weather is cooperating with stargazing- but thankfully, we've got things like Steam to keep us otherwise occupied- especially with stuff like puzzle games. After a lot of faster-paced gaming, sometimes a game that's quiet, peaceful, and enjoyable can do wonders- and when this one fell into my lap, I knew I had to give it a go. It mixes astronomy with a decent puzzle game- and does it all under the title of Aurora Nights.

The controls are nice and reactive- all you need is a mouse that can left-click things. The graphics are nice and clear- even if there are really only a couple of screens total that you see- apart from the title screen, the star map, and the starfield... there's really not that much here, but what's there is well done. There's not that much music- there's one quiet, relaxing track that plays in the background of the star map, and then there's an ambiance track of win blowing through trees and a crackling campfire. Both sound really nice, and add to the enjoyment of the game.

As far as the game, it's actually fairly simple. You click on a region of the map, and you get taken to a view of the sky, where your job is to click all the stars in the pattern of the constellation without clicking one that's not. That can actually be easy, given that some of the constellations are maybe two or three stars, but when you start trying to do Orion or Ursa Major without any mistakes, well... it might take you a bit. There are 35 different constellations, each with three modes of difficulty- first level teaches you the shape of the constellation, and then second and third adds a number of stars to try and trick you. Click a wrong star and you start the level over.

As far as complaints, well... you can't scroll the star map to see the whole thing, so you have to hunt for places to click to find constellations. It's also Northern Hemisphere only- I'd like to see one coded for the Southern Hemisphere constellations. It's also kind of short- you'll beat it in about an hour. Apart from that, it's enjoyable to play and worth keeping around to kill some time with.

Steam wants a buck for it, and you could honestly do worse for a dollar.

TL;DR - Learn your constellations for the price of a song- and have some fun while doing it. 7/10.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Historically, there have been very few games to trigger a feeling of motion sickness for me: Descent, 6+ hours straight of Duke Nukem 3D, and now the Talos Principle.

But I'm enjoying the mystery of it so damn much I'm not giving up.

Question for those that have played it:
    Can you get every star right away, or do many of them require items from later in the game? Trying to determine of I go full conpletionist from the beginning or just silver puzzles for now and cone back for them later. I have two so far, but the searching I've done in A1 and A2 had been fruitless thus far...

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Step away from the computer to spend the day at the beach and I come home to a gift from @Mudzgut of Infested Planet (which @Drake convinced me I wanted a while ago). Thank you very much good sir! i'm looking forward to it :) Can't wait to jump in!

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Step away from the computer to spend the day at the beach

Sometimes I just don't understand you

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Q0owExN.png

Seems like the gift-a-pult just went a bit haywire in chat. I think it's in need of a tune-up...

Thanks @JaysonFour for a game that -- wait. "Addictive time management gameplay"? You fiend.

<3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Dammit @ReverseCreations this is not what I said to do! This is the opposite of that!

Thank you for Final Fantasy VI!

I took the picture down because apparently it was huge and made @CorriganX cranky.

Halfazedninja on
    My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    @Halfazedninja Should probably resize that picture / edit out his email address, yeah?

• Options
    UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    @Halfazedninja Should probably resize that picture / edit out his email address, yeah?

Who knows what kind of shenanigans people could get up to with an email address.

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    UseR2006 wrote: »

Who knows what kind of shenanigans people could get up to with an email address.

You'd be surprised.

• Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Aurora Star

Thank you for this! I can't wait to learn all those constellations :D

• Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    I haven't played on steam since February I think and I believe I haven't been active here longer than that. Because of the sale I decided to buy Youtubers Life and 2 other games to use up what was left in my steam wallet. Maybe I'll actually play this game.

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular

I fixed it :p

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Just beat Trine co-op for the Backlog Challenge with @Berylline and @Scratchy ! Played the mage, was frustrating at parts but a lot of fun!
    UUCtNFi.png

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    bl_zpssu6ghmpm.png

Thanks to @Elin for Brutal Legend!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    OMG! Big thanks to @Iolo for Xcom 2!

j84hNRZ.png?1

Guys, would it be ok to play on a normal difficulty since I suck at games :P

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    oF5JM5e.jpg

To be honest, I didn't even know there were shirts with the same image as my avatar out there. Knowing this, I'm kind of tempted to buy a few and wear them when I finally get the opportunity to go to a PAX. I doubt they'd let me bring the mobile Gift-a-Pult into the hall, though...

But that's another thing entirely! Many thanks to @shdwcaster for Science Girls! A very classy move!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Berry's Summer Charity Game Challenge
    header.jpg?t=1447352297

2. Trine
    Trine is a pretty little co-op puzzle/action/platformer game. There are three characters (a knight, a thief, and a wizard), each with different powers which are needed to get you through the levels. I'm not even sure I need to describe this game. I think pretty much everyone has it or is familiar with it, right? If you haven't played it yet, play it co-op. It's a ton of fun.

Some pretty screenshots:
    ?.jpg
    ?.jpg
    ?.jpg

Thank you so much to @Zavian and @Scratchy for playing it with me (and for putting up with my terrible platforming skills). It looks like I bought this game back in November 2013 - probably during my first semi-big Steam sale (Thanksgiving/Fall). That's about as long as anything else has been in my backlog, so it's good to have finally played it! If you somehow don't have this game yet, it's currently on sale for $2.24!

• Options
    gxqIJil.png

@ReverseCreations determined to prove that he is a level 9000+ monster. I already knew this to be true.

Also, he was apparently super amused by the Onechanbara strawberries-and-banana costume on my wishlist. :lol:

Thanks for Hero Defense! This looks really cool. <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    edited June 2016

You'd be surprised.

Edit:
    NM, move along.

DyasAlure on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    I've got the emails of every person who ever sent me a gift through Steam and a few more besides (plus a handful of addresses).

If anyone wants them, you can fuck right off. Info shared with me goes no further than me without permission.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Thanks to @KoopahTroopah and @Berylline for Cross Set, Bery for Star Merc (and sorry again about the double gifting), and @Isorn for Neon struct.

<3 So classy <3

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Step away from the computer to spend the day at the beach

Sometimes I just don't understand you

What's not to like? Is it the sweltering heat? The sand 'twixt your nethers? That full body burn our the exhaustion at the end? (It's a fun day for the kids :) )
    gxqIJil.png

ReverseCreations determined to prove that he is a level 9000+ monster. I already knew this to be true.

Also, he was apparently super amused by the Onechanbara strawberries-and-banana costume on my wishlist. :lol:

Thanks for Hero Defense! This looks really cool. <3<3<3

I'm scared to ask here but I would love to know if it's good before the end of the sale. If anyone else has any thoughts.

Edit: sorry I forgot to un-@ RC

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    @Ed Gruberman - I played about 20 minutes of it just now and fell right in love. I'm not a huge tower defense fan, but this feels quite different from ones I've played in the past - it's more interactive since your heroes ARE your towers and you have to move them around and use their abilities together. They each have their own advantages/disadvantages, so you need to plan accordingly based on what enemies are coming in the next wave.

The art in game is super appealing. And it's fully voice-acted, too, which surprised me.

I'll have more feedback after I've put a few hours in it. Though my focus right now is the backlog battle (for which I'm currently working on Beyond Good & Evil... I dug DEEP into the backlog for that one!).

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Fraz for the copy of Hitman: Go.
    These sorts of games are right up my alley.
    sYK2neE.jpg

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I highly recommend the game Pony Island, which is not really a game about ponies.

I'm not quite finished with it yet, but I think I'm fairly far into it. However, I also feel like there are a fair number of hidden things I may have missed. This is one you'll want to play more than once, which is kind of a shame as I tried to pick out some games this sale that were only going to distract me for a few hours each...

• Options
    UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Has anyone played The Long Dark?
    It looks a little creepy but also fun in a way.

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

This discussion has been closed.