Options

Which Ernest Do You Prefer [chat]?

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ernest Hemingway
    Echo wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    I actually sat right next to a 2 meter measuring stick so if I plant one end in my arm pit I can reach 92cm with the tip of my middle finger.

What I am saying is my arms are yuge

I read some factoid once that you're "supposed" to have a span between fingertips roughly equal to your height. Checked out for me within a few centimeters.

That's the fun thing is that I'm 187 tall.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Ernest Hemingway
    I just bought scythe off the guy in our group who kickstarted it. He super hated it after four playthroughs.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I would recommend dropping $200 on Cthulhu Wars personally but not everyone is really committed on that level

Oh man the expansions should be shipping soon!

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Ideally a toilet should be placed at the center of a room so I can 360 wipe.
    mountain-toliet.jpg

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I stayed up late last night playing Witcher 3

I spent time following around the ghost of a fetus that I turned into a protective spirit - after it came back from the dead to get revenge - in order to find her sister and mother

was I tripping balls

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    I actually sat right next to a 2 meter measuring stick so if I plant one end in my arm pit I can reach 92cm with the tip of my middle finger.

I read some factoid once that you're "supposed" to have a span between fingertips roughly equal to your height. Checked out for me within a few centimeters.

I conclude that your chest is 3cm wide

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    porp wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    I do not feel that pedo is an appropriate abbreviation of pediatrician

Peds. I use that. Acceptable?

Peds or Ped is usually what's used, yeah

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Ernest Hemingway
    Sparvy wrote: »

I conclude that your chest is 3cm wide

Checks out!

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I would recommend dropping $200 on Cthulhu Wars personally but not everyone is really committed on that level

I just had a terrible flashback
    @nexuscrawler

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    zepherin wrote: »
    mountain-toliet.jpg

jesus

look at that drain on that thing

you could fit your head down that

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    The basic gameplay in No Man's Sky looks pretty neat.

I just need to know if there's more to it than that or if that is all you end up doing.

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    bowen wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    mountain-toliet.jpg

jesus

look at that drain on that thing

you could fit your head down that
    You don't want to have that getting clogged.

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

nexuscrawler

hahaha oh man i remember you finding this game totally inscrutable and over complex

i guess you were never a straight up nerd who played Magic or D&D or tabletop wargames or any of the really complex stuff

Cthulhu Wars is light and breezy in comparison

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    the office's water is pee-colored today

that can't be good

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular

nexuscrawler

hahaha oh man i remember you finding this game totally inscrutable and over complex

i guess you were never a straight up nerd who played Magic or D&D or tabletop wargames or any of the really complex stuff

Deebs is a fake gamer girl? I knew it

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    i should have set up logmein or something on my desktop at home so i could remote in and start the NMS download when it's available

i'm gonna have to like go out and socialize tonight instead because the download won't start until i get home

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

nexuscrawler

Deebs is a fake gamer girl? I knew it

You gate keeping me, dawg?

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Debbaby has such cute curls now

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    bowen wrote: »
    the office's water is pee-colored today

that can't be good
    I thought you were home making margaritas.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Ernest Hemingway
    I really wanna watch all of Metalocalypse again at some point.

What a great show.

• Options
    Ernest Hemingway

I just need to know if there's more to it than that or if that is all you end up doing.

It's really started wearing on me that all I've found on the various planets are slight variations of the same 3 buildings and or other points of interest. The way the environments are different is still pretty fascinating though, they really aren't afraid of colors in this game. But you'll still want to check out the points of interest and there are conceptually like 5 different types.

Also the time spent in inventory for me so far is more than I like. People who like survival games in general probably wouldn't find it out of the ordinary for that genre maybe?

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Wife: You should absolutely get a massage while you're in Hawaii! Look, there are like five places next to your hotel. You'd be stupid not to!

Me:...ok

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Oh deebs you were so mad when we played Cthulhu wars

• Options
    Debbaby has such cute curls now

Y'all should come out for branch once the weather is less oppressive and I can usemykitchen without getting heatstroke

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Six wrote: »
    Wife: You should absolutely get a massage while you're in Hawaii! Look, there are like five places next to your hotel. You'd be stupid not to!

Me:...ok

i mean

why wouldn't you

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

It's really started wearing on me that all I've found on the various planets are slight variations of the same 3 buildings and or other points of interest. The way the environments are different is still pretty fascinating though, they really aren't afraid of colors in this game. But you'll still want to check out the points of interest and there are conceptually like 5 different types.

Also the time spent in inventory for me so far is more than I like. People who like survival games in general probably wouldn't find it out of the ordinary for that genre maybe?

price drop and or dlc/expansions then

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    13887005_1124405694295444_6335255380606596152_n.jpg?oh=ba2e73b956d6cb77c76e26dff03c5d22&oe=585B335A

I want everyone to know i love her hair in this pic

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    So It Goes wrote: »
    13887005_1124405694295444_6335255380606596152_n.jpg?oh=ba2e73b956d6cb77c76e26dff03c5d22&oe=585B335A

like for real if people want a strong man leader that gets things done why not hillary?

and also one with great hair

• Options
    edited August 2016

K: here's everything you should do on your turn.
    K:My chuthulu pops out of nowhere and kills all your vagina monsters, because that's something he can do

Deebaser on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    good morning bros

919UOwT.png
  • Options

It's generally a resource-collection loop that ties into exploring the cool planets as you look for tech upgrades, the stuff to build those upgrades, resources to refuel all your tech, and the components/recipes for warp drive fuel so you can keep heading toward your ultimate objective. Occasionally you'll also get jumped by a weird carnivore planetside, and pirates will come after you with more and more frequency based on how valuable your cargo is. There's a lot of tech and not much space to put it in, so you have real choices about what to prioritize. Planetary hazards are pretty real and you have to brave them to get fuel for your weapons, tools, life support exosuit, ship's long-range engines/launch engines/shields/warp drive, etc

Dogfighting is occasional and very hard early on, but once you get some upgrades it's pretty fun. I quite like that you can actually regenerate your shields mid-combat by going into your menu and manually throwing some of the appropriate resource onto your shield generator; it feels very "more power to the shields!" as you stop diving and spinning and take fire while doing it.

You also have to make an overarching choice about your direction and objective and then commit to it, which is kind of exciting.

I don't know if the gameplay changes much further on, and I've heard rumours about getting pirate buddies, but that seems to be the extent of it so far. A lot of the joy is just novelty and appreciation of scope.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

like for real if people want a strong man leader that gets things done why not hillary?

I need a Clinton fashion tumblr blog

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

Huh I've never seen her with that hairstyle! Looks like maybe it was curled; it's very glamorous, which I guess is weird to say about the hair on a 70-something-year-old politician.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

I use this factoid for measuring cables all the time.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Ernest Hemingway
    Man the new Rogue One trailer is out. I'm already hard.

Also the city/planet in the beginning totally looks like the idea I had in my head for a Edge of the Empire/AoR game.

Get out of my head, Disney

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options

K: here's everything you should do on your turn.
    K:My chuthulu pops out of nowhere and kills all your vagina monsters, because that's something he can do

It was revenge for Lifeboat

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    porp wrote: »

Yes buddy. Thanks for putting your dieseased hand into daddy's refreshing ice water.

Cute baby! He's sick? Hope he feels better soon!

Thanks. One of the shithead parents at daycare brought their babby in with hand foot mouth. It wiped out his class this week. I had to WFH weds, but that didn't work out so well, so I took off thurs fri. Daycare wants a doctors note for each of the kids before they come back, so Raz is taking off Monday to see the pedo

We had one bring in their kid with friggin' salmonella, but the daycare didn't care about it until after my kid's test results (the first kid didn't go to the doctor despite projectile shitting all over the place) got them a call from the county health department.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    good morning bros

gooey

Good morning!

This discussion has been closed.