Options

[PSN] Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers and Digimon World: Next Order

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Guys that have played Oxenfree:

I'm near the end could someone tell me if:
    It's worth collecting all the letters and activating all the anomalies? If it gives me a different ending, I'll hunt them down. If it's just an achievement I'm not bothered, I'd rather not delay the plot any more.

Oxenfree's on my list of things to check out. How did you enjoy it? Kind of want to do a light "horror" marathon in a few weekends that would probably consist of Oxenfree, Soma, and Stranger Things.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Did anyone get Bioshock? How does it play on the PS4?

I've heard on podcasts that it looks and plays well. That being said, I did see on reddit that it apparently has some issues with freezing. Hitting the controller's PS button while playing Bioshock 1 has a tendency to freeze/lock up the game.

Hmm. I saw that the PC port was pretty bad too. I love Bioshock though so I may just leave my order on Amazon alone...

• Options
    Did anyone get Bioshock? How does it play on the PS4?

I've heard on podcasts that it looks and plays well. That being said, I did see on reddit that it apparently has some issues with freezing. Hitting the controller's PS button while playing Bioshock 1 has a tendency to freeze/lock up the game.

Hmm. I saw that the PC port was pretty bad too. I love Bioshock though so I may just leave my order on Amazon alone...

They'll patch that freezing issue. Supposedly Infinite doesn't have it, and everything runs well across the board aside from that one problem.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I'm playing it, currently in the Medical Pavilion and no freezing yet despite multiple uses of the PS button.

I forgot how great the atmosphere was in this game.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited September 2016

It's worth collecting all the letters and activating all the anomalies? If it gives me a different ending, I'll hunt them down. If it's just an achievement I'm not bothered, I'd rather not delay the plot any more.

Oxenfree's on my list of things to check out. How did you enjoy it? Kind of want to do a light "horror" marathon in a few weekends that would probably consist of Oxenfree, Soma, and Stranger Things.

Do you like games with lots of talking? Lots and lots of talking? And walking? If so it's for you.

It's actually really atmospheric and I've loved every minute of it but there's not a lot to it other than walk from a to b and pick some dialogue options. That's absolutely fine with me, but your mileage may vary.

Of course I've yet to really see how my choices paid off, I'll be finishing it off this weekend.

It's definitely a good companion game to Stranger Things.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Oh you people with your PS4's are SO COOL
    Oh you have FOLDERS whaaaa that's so special!
    well I've had folders on my DOS 386 ok? 1991 and I was ROCKING those folders
    CD c:\Games
    cd wing
    dir
    so folder

I'm just butthurt I still don't got a ps4.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    BioShock 1 has been fine for me

• Options

Do you like games with lots of talking? Lots and lots of talking? And walking? If so it's for you.

It's actually really atmospheric and I've loved every minute of it but there's not a lot to it other than walk from a to b and pick some dialogue options. That's absolutely fine with me, but your mileage may vary.

Of course I've yet to really see how my choices paid off, I'll be finishing it off this weekend.

Thanks, Grinch. I do enjoy that stuff, and I like the look of it and what I've heard, so yeah, it'll stay near the top of my list.

Did I mention that I started Grow Home last night? It's been sitting in my PS+ folder forever and I've ignored it for so long - it's really, really fun! And gorgeous!

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular

Thanks, Grinch. I do enjoy that stuff, and I like the look of it and what I've heard, so yeah, it'll stay near the top of my list.

Did I mention that I started Grow Home last night? It's been sitting in my PS+ folder forever and I've ignored it for so long - it's really, really fun! And gorgeous!

I loved Grow Home too! I'm big in to climbing and it was tactile enough in a similar way that it really appealed to me.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular

Soma should be on the top of your list. Honestly one of the best plots ever in a game. Just really well made and presented, especially so since it's a small team.

Oxenfree is really cool. It has a unique Stephen King meets teen drama / comedy vibe. The gameplay may not be for everyone, it's a lot of walking and talking, but the sheer amount of dialogue in that game is staggering. Check it out if you can appreciate something a little out of the ordinary.

Stranger Things is super overrated. It's not terrible, but people are going nuts over it in a way I don't understand.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular

@GMaster7 At risk of being called out for self-promotion, my impressions of Oxenfree <- clickable link.

Some people found SOMA to be terrifying. I thought it was a decent enough story, but it wasn't even close to scary or even terribly thought-provoking in my opinion. The "monsters" were just flat-out annoying speedbumps/roadblocks in the game and really detracted from the experience, rather than making it more stressful. Whether or not you will get into the "horror" of the experience really depends on how you feel about transhumanism and/or religion.

26904.png
  • Options
    Stupid wrote: »

@GMaster7 At risk of being called out for self-promotion, my impressions of Oxenfree <- clickable link.

Some people found SOMA to be terrifying. I thought it was a decent enough story, but it wasn't even close to scary or even terribly thought-provoking in my opinion. The "monsters" were just flat-out annoying speedbumps/roadblocks in the game and really detracted from the experience, rather than making it more stressful. Whether or not you will get into the "horror" of the experience really depends on how you feel about transhumanism and/or religion.

Thanks, @Stupid. Solid impressions of both.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I'm playing it, currently in the Medical Pavilion and no freezing yet despite multiple uses of the PS button.

The splicers remain one of the freakiest enemies in a video game. Their dialogue and the whole enemy ecosystem in bioshock is still gold standard and the best around. The way all the enemies kind of wander around like they have their own crazy lives is just beautiful. Also you get the impression they barely even comprehend you, like to them you're just another crazy vision or delusion. It's wonderful. Gameplay is still fantastic fun too. I remember Biosjock 2 had some brilliantly fun gameplay so I'm looking forward to replaying that since I have very little memory of it

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »

The splicers remain one of the freakiest enemies in a video game. Their dialogue and the whole enemy ecosystem in bioshock is still gold standard and the best around. The way all the enemies kind of wander around like they have their own crazy lives is just beautiful. Also you get the impression they barely even comprehend you, like to them you're just another crazy vision or delusion. It's wonderful. Gameplay is still fantastic fun too. I remember Biosjock 2 had some brilliantly fun gameplay so I'm looking forward to replaying that since I have very little memory of it

Harpoon gun is best gun. I love that thing. And I'mt the one psycho who prefers the hacking in 1 to the hacking in 2.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Pipe Dream hacking in 1 is awesome

I don't even remember the hacking in 2

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular

It was a timing thing. Push the button when the marker is in the right spot, boom. Hacked.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Beep boop, The Drop!
    New Releases: Week of September 20, 2016
    The Bunker
    PS4 — Digital

As the last remaining survivor in a nuclear bunker, John’s daily routine is the one thing that keeps him sane. But when an alarm goes off, his mind starts to self-destruct. The Bunker is a live-action psychological horror game starring Adam Brown (The Hobbit) and Sarah Greene (Penny Dreadful) with writing talent behind The Witcher, Broken Sword, and Soma.

Dear Esther: Landmark Edition
    PS4 — Digital

Dear Esther immerses you in a stunningly realized world, a remote and desolate island somewhere in the outer Hebrides. As you step forwards, a voice begins to read fragments of a letter: “Dear Esther…” And so begins a journey through one of the most original first-person games of recent years.

Destiny: The Collection
    PS4 — Digital, Retail

Destiny is the next evolution of the first-person action genre combining an unprecedented combination of storytelling, cooperative and competitive modes, and in-depth character creation alongside a huge variety of weapons, armor, and abilities.

Doodle Kingdom
    PS4, PS3 — Digital (Out 9/19)

It’s time to get medieval! From the creators of the award-winning puzzle games Doodle God and Doodle Devil comes a fantasy brain-teaser where you can quest as a Dragon Breeder, Warlock and Knight! Daring adventure awaits you in this fantasy kingdom where you can breed and raise four different types of Dragons, engage in “runner style,” combat and bring your medieval fantasies to life!

Jazzpunk: Director’s Cut
    PS4 — Digital

Jazzpunk is a comedy adventure set in an alternate reality Cold War World, plagued with corporate espionage, CyberCrime, and sentient martinis. Gameplay is inspired by spoof comedy films and cartoons of yesteryear, with a focus on weird gadgets, exotic locales, and open-world style exploration.

Lastfight
    PS4 — Digital

Lastfight is bringing two-on-two 3D fighting back to your living room! Pick up any available object in one of the eight stages and teach your opponents a lesson! Play in a local multiplayer mode or solo story mode with a cast of 10 characters inspired by the comic book Lastman.

Machinarium
    PS4 — Digital (Out 9/21)

An award-winning adventure game by Amanita Design, now available on PS4.

Skylight Freerange 2: Gachduine
    PS Vita — Digital

After a powerful biotechnology was legalized in 2048 in Canada, the Cult of the Symbiote forced their way in as regulators in the Maritimes. Despite their presentation as protectors and healers, the Cult has ruined many lives with their ambitions. As tensions escalate and boiling points are reached, lines will blur, gray areas will clash, and the shadow group Gachduine will make choices that have a very real impact for Nova Scotia…

Slain: Back From Hell
    PS4 — Digital

You control the fate of Bathoryn, a doomed hero in a Gothic world, who seeks to liberate six cursed realms from six deadly overlords. He must battle his way through this blighted land, packed with gruesome and lethal creatures before ascending (or sometimes descending) into a stronghold, all the while defeating fiendish traps and vile monsters alike.

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Daybreak Special Gigs
    PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital, PS4 at Retail

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Daybreak: Special Gigs weaves an intricate story that pushes the boundaries of reality as you battle restless spirits causing chaos throughout Tokyo. Hunt Down Ghosts and Exorcise Evil. The GHOST System (Graphic Horizontal Object Streaming) creates a vivid world unlike anything you’ve seen before!

Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity
    PS4 — Digital (Out 9/22)

The enchanting world of Touhou comes alive in this beautiful fan-made action RPG! As the infamous vampire Remilia Scarlet and her dutiful maid Sakuya Izayoi, match wits with a cast of colorful characters, overpower enemies with signature skills and spell cards, rough up a few fairies, and unravel a plot odder than they could have imagined.

Virginia
    PS4 — Digital (Out 9/22)

Virginia is a single-player first-person thriller set in a small town with a secret. Experience a missing person’s investigation through the eyes of graduate FBI agent Anne Tarver.

Zenith
    PS4 — Digital

Zenith is an action RPG that combines that feel of the golden era RPG games with a generous dose of humor and parody. Adventuring, exploring ruins, accidentally unleashing the apocalypse, saving the world… you’ve done it all, and so has Argus. And, frankly, he’s a bit fed up with the whole thing. He used to be a wizard, which was fine and all, but he’s in his 30s now, and he wants to settle down and get some peace and quiet.

Kind of a full week this week but it's mostly Indies, if that's your thing. Dear Esther: Landmark Edition hits PS4 alongside The Bunker, Jazzpunk, Lastfight, Slain: Back From Hell, Virginia and Zenith among a few others. Vita gets Skylight Freerange 2: Gachduine which I have no idea what it is and Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Daybreak Special Gigs which I imagine is the Expanded version of Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters? (As in Base Game+Extras) It's also available on PS3 and PS4, however. And Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity gets a digital-only release for PS4 as well thanks to XSEED.

Destiny: The Collection sort of stands out this week as being 'the' big Retail release, or at least the one with a big publisher behind it and seems to be a good time to jump in if you haven't, being that it contains the base game, The Dark Below, House of Wolves, The Taken King and Rise of Iron. And a Level 40 boost if you really, really just want to get to level 40 immediately, I guess.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know why Jazzpunk isn't showing up (as pre-order, or anything) in the PAL store?

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »

It was a timing thing. Push the button when the marker is in the right spot, boom. Hacked.

The sweet part about this (in 2) was you could hack from a far distance with the hacking gun. Meanwhile in 1, sometimes it spawns in such a way that you'd need to make 6 moves in 2 seconds to prevent an auto fail. So that sucked.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Downloading the update file for the PS4 HDD switcheroo. Exciting times.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    heenato wrote: »

The sweet part about this (in 2) was you could hack from a far distance with the hacking gun. Meanwhile in 1, sometimes it spawns in such a way that you'd need to make 6 moves in 2 seconds to prevent an auto fail. So that sucked.

this usually happens specifically on safes I think, so I just use autohack tools on them

Im actually midway through Bioshock 1 on hard and im thinking I probably could've tried the no-rez chamber achievement, maybe even at the same time as the super difficulty setting one, because im having quite an easy time of it, though I do remember the ending gets difficult. Ah well, another time I think

Prohass on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know why Jazzpunk isn't showing up (as pre-order, or anything) in the PAL store?

Doesn't look like it's going to be available for preorder, so just wait a day or so till it comes out.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Got the ol' 100% on Grow Home over the weekend. Definitely a fun game and a wonderful PS+ freebie. Would almost consider dipping my toe into the new sequel, Grow Up, but I don't need more of that right now. Plus, I'm feeling good about knocking out backlog stuff!

Edit: Moved on to Super Time Force Ultra, which is a great game that I had sorta dropped mid-playthrough. Definitely worth finishing, I think! But I won't be 100%ing it. Then either Valiant Hearts or Hohokum.

GMaster7 on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    WOW

where can I get that

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    According to the creator (Modus from GAF) it passed cert, so I imagine soon. October would be appropriate.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    That might be the first theme I actually pay money for

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    I'm happy to have folders, but there are a few things I hope they add.

1. I want to be able to press X on a folder instead of having to press down.
    2. I don't need the folder icon on my folders to know it's a folder, it should show 4 games. It would also be nice to be able to show 8 smaller icons if you wanted.
    3. I want to be able to show uninstalled games in my folders.

• Options
    I meant to ask this: How the hell do you create a folder?

• Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    I meant to ask this: How the hell do you create a folder?

Not looking at it now, but i think there's a "move to folder" you can select if you hit Option on a game. It'll let you make a new folder from there. Something like that, at least. It's real early and my brain is crunky.

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    You can either press options on a game and select add to folder, where you can create a folder or add to existing. Or you can go to library, go to the folders section, and there's a new folder option there as well.

• Options
    Thanks guys! I figured I'd hit triangle or something on the main menu to create a new folder.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Thanks guys! I figured I'd hit triangle or something on the main menu to create a new folder.

On the PS3, that's how you added to a folder so it makes sense you'd want that on PS4, too.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    PAL Store Update:

The new Destiny expansion is the big thing this week.

There's also The Bunker, Virginia, Telltale Batman episode 2 and so on.
    19th September
    TRIALS OF THE BLOOD DRAGON + TRIALS FUSION AWESOME MAX EDITION

Vertical Drop Heroes HD (Vita)

20th September
    Destiny: Rise of Iron
    Destiny: The Collection
    Destiny: The Collection Upgrade

Zenith

Dear Esther: Landmark Edition

The Bunker

Rally Copters (PS4, Vita)

Lastfight

Arcade Archives Soldier Girl Amazon

Metal Slug Anthology

21st September
    Slain: Back from Hell

22nd September
    Virginia
    Virginia demo

23rd September
    A.O.T. Wings of Freedom

Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors (Vita)

PS4 DLC
    19th September
    Tom Clancy’s Rainbox Six Siege - Pro League All Gold Sets

20th September
    Destiny - Level 40 Packs

Star Wars Battlefront - Death Star (Exclusive to season pass holders)

Batman: The Telltale Series - Episode 2: Children Of Arkham

7 Days to Die - Action Pack

Tropico 5 - Complete Collection Upgrade Pack

23th September
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - System Rift

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular

I am glad I'm not the only one who does this every dang time. Eventually I remember the options button but it is a voyage of discovery on every occasion.

• Options
    I like the PS4 interface just fine but the XMB is still my favorite media interface by a significant margin

Wish they'd just brought that over

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Other than a lack of "sort by name" option, I loved the XMB. I just worked around that particular shortcoming by changing the date & time every time I bought a new game to install.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Virginia's coming out this week? Nice, it looks like an awesome adventure game. The Bunker also looks intriguing from what I saw of Giantbomb's quick look.

As for UIs, I loved the XMB when it first came out but I was glad Sony moved on from it because it had long outlived its welcome and I easily prefer the PS4's Dynamic Menu. The XMB just wasn't designed for scalability, which is kinda bad in a gen that went on for way too long and where we could have huge libraries of small digital games, friends, media files and especially save files (which is a complete disaster to go through if you've had a PS3 for a decent length of time). Another thing I noticed is quite a lot of people, even on here, seemed to have trouble figuring out how to use a lot of its features, like folders and sorting options. It just didn't seem to communicate a lot of its options that well. Sony did eventually add the 'Triangle for more options' pop-up at the bottom of the screen but it was at the bottom of the screen, so I bet a lot of people missed it.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    The XMB didn't have any scalability issues when you used Folders.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    fuck the XMB
    original 360 Blades for life!!!

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
This discussion has been closed.