Options

[PSN] Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers and Digimon World: Next Order

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    I got bored of The Order and never finished it. Gorgeous but I found the gameplay pretty boring.

I finished it but yea, it was pretty boring gameplay wise. In the end I thought it was worth it just to see the beautiful art and incredible technical achievement, but if it has been much longer I probably would have stalled out heh.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I'm trying to recall my first playthrough, and I want to say it was ~10 hours to complete. But I explored every level for collectibles. Still, the game was as long as the story needed to be, and I felt it was fine. That's not to say the game length isn't a valid concern, but I am pretty sure that it is more like 6-10 hours for a playthrough.

That was something that was kind of annoying when the game came out. The thread was full of people declaring that the game was garbage, using all the erroneous information that the internet was spewing out. It was a weird split, in that you could tell who had and had not played the game. "This game is garbage, and here's why" were the people who were just going off of what they read somewhere, meanwhile the people who were actually playing it were all saying "Hey, actually this is pretty good!"

Yeah, I didn't even bother going into that thread once the game got close to release. I didn't think the game was great (a great graphical showcase and good gameplay mechanics but the story was a mess and the stealth was awful) but the "following" it had was gross. A lot of people sure revelled in its supposed failings.

So anyway, Sony's TGS conference is in less than 5 hours. Here's the stream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5o6hZiksHc

Be prepared for a whole lot of Japanese games and a whole bunch of rushed, on-the-fly live translations. I really don't know why Sony still does the live translations thing, I think they should just show the conference in Japanese only and then release an English subtitled version a few hours later.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    That's today!?

• Options
    Big Classy wrote: »
    That's today!?

Yip yip.

I wouldn't expect it to be as great as last year's TGS conference, Japan Studio works in two game cycles, so they won't have any new internal games to announce for a while, but it should still be good. They usually give all the Japanese publishers their own little spot in the conference, so we get lots of announcements, even if they're sometimes pretty niche.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Double post but the TGS conference is over. Much weaker than last year's but it still had some decent stuff:
    • Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Japanese release date: January 12th
    • Danganronpa V3 Japanese release date: January
    • NIOH worldwide release date: February 9th
    • NieR: Automata Japanese release date: February 23rd
    • Musou All Stars. It stars characters from various Koei Tecmo franchises including Ninja Gaiden and Atelier
    • Earth Defence Force 5
    • Gundam Versus
    • No Heroes Allowed VR
    • Granblue Fantasy Project Re: Link by CyLink and Platinum Games was announced for PS4 and PSVR and coming out in 2018...
    And the best opening montage ever.

Edit: Oh and if you guys thought Square Enix's PSX 2013 troll was good/bad, you should watch Capcom's Resident Evil announcement.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    Best thing out of that show? I CAN USE MY PHONE IN VR!!!!! That is really cool.

• Options
    Is ther ea child mode for the PS3? I want to lock it so my nephew can play only the games I download onto it for him and he has to use his own account.

• Options
    PS4 FIRMWARE UPDATE IS LIVE!

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Most important announcement was Japan getting the new Hot Shots in summer 2017

So probably fall for the US?

• Options
    Folders are neat but everything takes forever to load up. Can't see what else is changed tbh. There's teh console to console direct transfer of data but other than that, business as usual.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Oh shit the update is out now?

Cross-posting

In other news I have played some Pac-Man CE 2 and while it is very pretty and has some really good music, it doesn't feel nearly as immediately good as CE or DX did

There's just so many gameplay elements at hand

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Folders are neat but everything takes forever to load up. Can't see what else is changed tbh. There's teh console to console direct transfer of data but other than that, business as usual.

I've had the beta for a while, so I can't remember all the small changes but you should notice how they've completely redesigned the What's New page, user profiles, the quick menu (which is now customisable) and Library. There's also the cool new triangle, cross, circle and square loading icon.

And I wouldn't say the folders take that long to load up.

• Options
    Not the folders, when you're inthe library and you select a game to download, it takes forever to go to the store page for said game. That can be attributed to the servers being hammered with the update downloads though.

• Options
    SYcIZz0.jpg?1

Already useful!

• Options
    Kingdom Hearts 2.8's western release date is January 24th, the same day as Yakuza 0 and RE7. I'd be annoyed but I still have 1.5 and 2.5 sitting on my shelf unplayed.

Still no western release date for NieR.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited September 2016

Wait, golf? Or the new tennis game? Cuz I am all about a new Hot Shots Golf with (hopefully?) online play.

Also, Feb worldwide release for Nioh is a huge surprise. I honestly didn't expect that to come out til middle of next year for some reason.

Fawst on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Musou All-Stars, gimmie gimmie gimmie!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Ok, I give up on The Tomorrow Children. I love the game and the aesthetic is fuck awesome but it's so prone to griefing it's insane. This really needed to just be a regular game that you built your OWN twon in and invited friends to help.

I mean, jesus, the game PENALIZES you for reporting and trapping griefers and even gives you a BIGGER penalty for reviving your friends!

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Easily the best thing to come out of TGS 2016:

https://youtu.be/MCL7cmURXN4

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Easily the best thing to come out of TGS 2016:

https://youtu.be/MCL7cmURXN4

0:50

whack

• Options

Cross-posting

In other news I have played some Pac-Man CE 2 and while it is very pretty and has some really good music, it doesn't feel nearly as immediately good as CE or DX did

I had $10 PSN credit and used it to take advantage of the pre-order discount, since I figured "It's Pac-Man CE2, that is easily a known quantity."

If it turns out it's not as good as the last two, it's going to be my biggest disappointment this year. Like NMS levels, since I skipped out on that game.

• Options

Cross-posting

I had $10 PSN credit and used it to take advantage of the pre-order discount, since I figured "It's Pac-Man CE2, that is easily a known quantity."

If it turns out it's not as good as the last two, it's going to be my biggest disappointment this year. Like NMS levels, since I skipped out on that game.

All signs point to that exact thing. I mean, it's good just not as good as the first two. Maybe.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    What are the platforms for Danganronpa V3? PS4, I hope?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Can't wait for that HorizonxDanganronpa crossover where you're hunting giant Monokoma robots.

(Referring to how the English stream went to shit with its audio going waaaaaay out of sync)

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Woke up this morning, excitedly turned on my PS4, saw that it had downloaded proper 4.00 an hour prior, went into settings, turned HDR on (!), double-checked that my TV's HDR (which is also new via OTA update, as of this month) was turned on, raised both eyebrows in anticipation... and then promptly remembered that we don't have any HDR-capable software yet.

Wondering when those patches will drop. Will presumably pick up UC4 at that point.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    What are the platforms for Danganronpa V3? PS4, I hope?

PS4 and Vita.

• Options
    Assassin's Creed's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzjCC7Uwnj0

Ezio's face looks so bad, those games are showing their age.

• Options
    Meh.

ACII and Brotherhood were the two best AC games, but I have no desire to play them again.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Meh.

ACII and Brotherhood were the two best AC games, but I have no desire to play them again.

Did you not like Black Flag?

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I mean, it looks like a 360 game, but it doesn't look bad. Unlike Marvel: Ultimate Alliance which is still super fun but hot damn does it look like garbage.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Meh.

Did you not like Black Flag?

I loved the ship/pirate stuff. The Assassin's Creed part of the game wasn't very good, imo.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    man AC2 had good music

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    man AC2 had good music

This series is never going to get back on track until Jesper Kyd comes back.

• Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »

Wait, golf? Or the new tennis game? Cuz I am all about a new Hot Shots Golf with (hopefully?) online play.

Also, Feb worldwide release for Nioh is a huge surprise. I honestly didn't expect that to come out til middle of next year for some reason.

Golf; they announced they were working on it back in 2014. Best part is, it's essentially an MMO golf game.

With golf carts. And fishing.

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    man AC2 had good music

Syndicate was really good.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    man AC2 had good music

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.

He also did all the amazing music in the first couple hitman games (hitman 2 especially had amazing music).

Guy is fucking amazing

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    man AC2 had good music

Syndicate was really good.

It was better than Unity, but at that point the gameplay was seriously tired and antiquated.

Syndicate also felt like a band-aid attempt at fixing some of the larger problems, such as constantly being spotted by enemies (you can just kill them real fast!) or climbing buildings (you've got a Batman grapple now!).

I especially didn't like the latter because I always liked climbing the really big buildings in AC games. Always felt like a sense of accomplishment finding the right footholds to grab onto mixed in with the epic music by Jesper Ky-aaaagh, you see!?

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Didn't see this mentioned in here. There are co-op and Batman sales going on. I can see the co-op sale, but the Batman sale errors out. Regardless, sale contents are listed here.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Meh.

If they were the sort of remasters we're seeing with Bioshock, I'd play them again.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    Store is down, and I wanted to buy NHL to be able to play it tonight. Come on Sony, let me throw my money at you before I change my mind dammit!

This discussion has been closed.