Options

[Wrestling] WE LOVE CRUISERWEIGHTS! *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*

• Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    dragonsama wrote: »
    Corgan has barely enough to buy, but can't do it for weeks

Meanwhile their PPV Sunday needs to be paid for by Friday to...happen

I think we'll hear that they sold to WWE by the end of the week and Bound for Glory will be their last show if the reports of WWE folding up the company are true.

Which I think is a mistake. As a lower budget network only promotion it would be a good draw for the network and would give WWE a secondary farm system for guys they are on the fence about.

They have nxt. They have people in the fitness center they're on the fence about. There's no reason for TNA to continue to exist after this.

They HAD NXT. NXT hasn't been a true farm system for about a year and a half. It's now the holding pen for big indie guys till they figure out how to slot them into the main roster. I'll concede on the performance center though.

But ya TNA is pretty damaged at this point and I was thinking of some way for them to use it.

With that said do they straight up ignore the championships in it or do they do unification matches?

Artoria on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I'd feel sorry for Cody and Sandow though, especially Sandow since he'll probably be fired twice in one year. I wonder what they'd do with the Hardys.

Cody will be fine. Sandow though, I hope they just take him back.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    I seriously doubt WWE even bothers doing BFG.

I could see it being part of the negotiation....allowing them to have a closure show seems like the kind of thing Dixie might fight for.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    I think anyone who had a contract is "safe" for now. Anyone else though may be SOL.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Corgan has barely enough to buy, but can't do it for weeks

Meanwhile their PPV Sunday needs to be paid for by Friday to...happen

I think we'll hear that they sold to WWE by the end of the week and Bound for Glory will be their last show if the reports of WWE folding up the company are true.

Which I think is a mistake. As a lower budget network only promotion it would be a good draw for the network and would give WWE a secondary farm system for guys they are on the fence about.

They have nxt. They have people in the fitness center they're on the fence about. There's no reason for TNA to continue to exist after this.

They HAD NXT. NXT hasn't been a true farm system for about a year and a half. It's now the holding pen for big indie guys till they figure out how to slot them into the main roster. I'll concede on the performance center though.

But ya TNA is pretty damaged at this point and I was thinking of some way for them to use it.

With that said do they straight up ignore the championships in it or do they do unification matches?

I haven't watched TNA in a while but I'd like them to take some of the X-Division gimmicks for matches in the Cruiserweight division, so it's not just a bunch of smaller guys being segregated from the main roster. In the future they might get to interact with the rest of the people.

And a no DQ women's match, but that's just per Bryan, not per TNA.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Detailing the news from Meltzer, anyone who buys TNA would apparently assume more debt than it would cost to buy. Probably a big reason why Corgan hasn't got the money.

Although apparently if he can scrape up the cash, he plans to change to company name. Either way, TNA dies this Sunday.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    I think anyone who had a contract is "safe" for now. Anyone else though may be SOL.

Brings up a valid point...some of the more recent larger names had some sort off money assurance in their deals according to rumor. Begs the question if WWE will continue to pay them and not use them, roll them into the fold or if those contracts fall to Dixie's family to cover like Turner was paying WCW guys for years after it closed.

• Options
    Unless he's still on bad terms with WWE, I see Brock Lesnar vs Bobby Lashley happening in the future.

• Options
    WHat does Owens say when he tells Rollins to go rebuilt, design, reclaim something?

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    There is absolutely no way WWE keeps TNA going if they buy it. What's the upside?

They're buying them for the tape library and tape library alone.

Though I guess they could also finally acknowledge their stars working there in the past.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Hawkstone wrote: »

Brings up a valid point...some of the more recent larger names had some sort off money assurance in their deals according to rumor. Begs the question if WWE will continue to pay them and not use them, roll them into the fold or if those contracts fall to Dixie's family to cover like Turner was paying WCW guys for years after it closed.

Basically every deal is Pay Per Appearance (like the dying news, not speculation, fact). There might be a few exceptions like I know Jeff Hardy's has just months till gone and money definitely gotten. The latter is also a fact and not a joke, Jeff is one of few not stiffed even once over the whole ongoing pay debacles, and he probably would have left if he had been. But yeah contracts aren't the problem, debt is

90% sure TNA is no longer a thing by Monday or Tuesday. Like I said at the beginning of the month this is the most dire it's been since Jarrett struggled to get it through days

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Hawkstone wrote: »

Basically every deal is Pay Per Appearance (like the dying news, not speculation, fact). There might be a few exceptions like I know Jeff Hardy's has just months till gone and money definitely gotten. The latter is also a fact and not a joke, Jeff is one of few not stiffed even once over the whole ongoing pay debacles, and he probably would have left if he had been. But yeah contracts aren't the problem, debt is

90% sure TNA is no longer a thing by Monday or Tuesday. Like I said at the beginning of the month this is the most dire it's been since Jarrett struggled to get it through days

Yeah rumor had been a handful of the recent acquisitions also had real deals rather than an appearance contract...which I sort of buy because why the hell else would you trust them if you have options? I am not saying it is a problem...more a question of what WWE does with the few that they actually technically speaking will probably have bought contracts for.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I really want an invasion angle

Hardys/Decay should join forces and haunt Raw and Smackdown for Halloween

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I mostly addressed it to avoid the comedy of "what about Sandow and Cody". They're good and don't have to worry about ending up back there unless they specifically sign a deal to go back

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    If WWE does buy they should put BFG on the network.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    WHat does Owens say when he tells Rollins to go rebuilt, design, reclaim something?

I think he told him to go "rebuild, redesign, reclaim his couch"

• Options
    It would be really funny if Kevin Owens just squashed Davey Richards. He's clearly won that feud.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    wait are Sheamus and Cesaro really called Team Roughboys?

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

They're really big McElroy fans.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular

just a couple of rough boys

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

just a couple of rough boys

Some some big and rough boys

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    a couple of boys you couldn't knock over with a pail of water

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Sheasaro.

Pronounced "Shay-saro",

Writes itself.

• Options
    Man, imagine BFG starts and the first music you hear is:

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    that would actually be really cool i think

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    AJ is booked at a show 2500 miles away from BFG.

• Options

*Card subject to change

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Man, imagine BFG starts and the first music you hear is:

I don't think that would be a problem but if it is then this music hits right at the start.

• Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    finally just finished last night's raw.

did something happen to Neville again? :^(

• Options

Nah, just booked on Superstars.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular

Nah, just booked on Superstars.

A fate worse than death!

• Options
    edited September 2016
    I think yesterday proves that Neville and Sami need to be in the cruiser division for now.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    I think yesterday proves that Neville and Sami need to be in the cruiser division for now.

No just! If you put them in that division then they overshadow everyone in it. Sami should be in the Universal title picture and Neville needs to be in the hunt for the US belt or he gets traded to smackdown and goes for the IC. Let the Cruiserweights they have establish themselves.

I'm not sure why you are so hype on them being in it. It would be awful for all involved.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular

I disagree.

• Options
    Cruiserweight dudes should be venturing outside of their division, obviously to pick up underdog wins at first, not the other way around. Maybe later once we all stop chanting for CM Punk and agree that their title is valuable a big storyline about a wrestler cutting weight just to get a shot at the champion can be fun but for now let the division grow naturally.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    This is pretty telling, from a live report yesterday
    A CM Punk chant started once and got shot down pretty quick. A pretty loud Harambe chant during the TJP match (I’m so tired of hearing about that damn gorilla).

There was almost no reaction during TJ Perkins vs. Tony Nese. Fans who didn’t watch the Cruiserweight Classic still have no reason to get behind any of these guys.

I don't want to rag on WWE about them already fucking this up but that is a good point.

wirehead26 on
  • Options

Kefin introduces Jo to one of the all time greats, the King of Harts, the Rocket, the Black Hart, Owen Hart!

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    no offense to normal people living there but Cincinatti has been one of the lamest crowds for awhile

This discussion has been closed.