Options

[Wrestling] WE LOVE CRUISERWEIGHTS! *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I hope this tag team pushes their promo skills further like it did with Kane and Bryan

also bring back Dr Shelby

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    TJP is a damn good wrestler and has been bringing it in the ring for a long time.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Sunday was truly a sad day for our nation:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBdGngFOFOM

Also, unrelated, Kofi's ok after getting busted open on Raw earlier:
    Gallows & Anderson made us EARN that Foe Hunna tonight, but I'm stitched up, cleaned up & ready to celebrate that 401 BAAAYYYBBBEEEEE!!!

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Yuch, I couldn't even sit through that Raw long enough to get to the Highlight reel. I get that it was debate and football night so you thought you could do a CoC rerun, but think of all the people who actually paid to come see the show (Yah, they were being jackknobs, but from what I was seeing, I don't entirely blame them)

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    that crowd had some good matches in front of them and they were dillweeds about it

roman/rusev was good and id even say it was better than their ppv match
    new day/gallows was good and im super tired of them wrestling each other
    the cruiserweight matches were fine, no barn burners but they were fun (though im worried that the crowd wont get into gulak)
    and yeah say what you want about tjp outside of the ring but he's doing what he can and even if hes not lighting it up in the ring youve got fuckin tony nese in there and all you can do is chant for punk and savage?

cincinatti is on the list

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    I really do hope that Sheamus and Cesaro become respect buddies and just keep trying to one-up each other with more and more violence in every match.

I feel like it could be really entertaining.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    i'm excited for Team Roughboys but there were about nine hundred other ways to get here besides "shitty finish to a best of seven"

• Options
    there's no tweet there!

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Chanting Savage at Nese at least makes more sense than chanting Punk.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    i'm excited for Team Roughboys but there were about nine hundred other ways to get here besides "shitty finish to a best of seven"

Definitely agree there.

Still excited for the violence.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    TNA stuff is absolutely worth keeping an eye on

Their TV tapings and PPV are this week and they currently have money for neither of them. I don't think cable companies are even currently accepting preorders for viewing the PPV because right now they don't know for sure it'll even happen

Dave says WWE are in talks

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Matev wrote: »
    Yuch, I couldn't even sit through that Raw long enough to get to the Highlight reel. I get that it was debate and football night so you thought you could do a CoC rerun, but think of all the people who actually paid to come see the show (Yah, they were being jackknobs, but from what I was seeing, I don't entirely blame them)

Yes you should absolutely blame them. Fuck them for being disrespectful pricks.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    The best thing WWE have ever done is not give Ganderson tag titles.
    Like touch wood and all, but those two chuckleheads having a stranglehold on the IWGP tag belts was the most befuddling thing about New Japan booking for a while.
    I didn't watch raw yet, but today I did watch Progress Chapter 25. Holy shit was Ospreay/Scurll was fantastic. It was just as good as I hoped. There was a stretch in the middle where they each hit big moves without much selling until the end of the section, that bothers me sometimes, but not badly here. Great counters throughout.

Edit - Speaking of Progress what I've heard about their most recent show has me pretty excited to catch up. Sounds like a great show.

Congratulations, you've made it to my least favourite run of the company.
    The wrestling is still top notch and there are some great promos but Scurll's title run leaves me cold, in no small part because of the weak booking of Haskins. On the plus side the Origin just keep finding ways to get better, El Ligero and Dave Mastiff especially.
    Speaking of Origin I think it's a shoe in to see Zack Gibson as champ soon, the guy generates nuclear hat just by being a scouser, the fact that he then knows how to be an excellent shitlord is just icing on the heel cake.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Also can we please use Team Roughboys tagging as a chance to give Cesaro new music?

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    RIP TNA

• Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    RIP TNA

Here's an update, again this is all DIRT SHEETZ speculation
    According to Pwinsider.com, Dixie Carter has had more talks with WWE over the last week or so regarding a possible deal. The site also states that the sale situation had become complicated (similar to the previous report) and that Carter is free to sell to whomever she wants. There’s still the chance that Billy Corgan can make a deal, but the site adds that, “the reality is this, the fuse on the TNA bomb is close to the end.”

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    RIP TNA

If it did happen and WWE did buy it out...I wonder if it would be purely for the tape library of guys they now have or if they would try to fix it and put it on the Network or something. I am certain there are a handful of guys there who have improved enough since leaving that they would give them another shot in NXT if nothing else.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    RIP TNA

If it did happen and WWE did buy it out...I wonder if it would be purely for the tape library of guys they now have or if they would try to fix it and put it on the Network or something. I am certain there are a handful of guys there who have improved enough since leaving that they would give them another shot in NXT if nothing else.

Bring Drew and EC3 back.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    So Foley was corrupted pretty quickly huh? Been a douche for a good few weeks making terrible matches or robbing two guys who've destroyed each other of a match for one of the major titles.

• Options
    Give Matt Hardy a show on the wwe network.

• Options
    Dixie has to know that the WWE Network is the best way to keep TNA's legacy alive.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    RIP TNA

Bring Drew and EC3 back.

Most notably yes...they have really grown in their time away.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

it's something I've never seen before which I appreciate

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    RIP TNA

Bring Drew and EC3 back.

Most notably yes...they have really grown in their time away.

Oh and Matt Hardy with full creative control of his character.

• Options
    Perdurabo wrote: »
    I genuinely wonder what people this era would have thought of Rick Flair. I mean KO has said on the Jericho podcast he loved HHH helping him. Mainly because he's a heel, but also because he's helped him so much. I wonder if Wreslers just see things too divergently to fans? I mean how do you reconcile 90% of the Internet fans wanting the "best workers" working as faces ((KO should go over clean despite being a heel) and the kids cheering for their favourites?

Ps for my opinion I don't think we needs a HHH style dominant heel ever again.

Why can't heels win clean? Their personality is not relevant to their ability. They don't win dirty because it's the only way they can, they do it because its the next best option to ensure victory, because they're bad and being the best is important to them. Same way a face like Eddie can win dirty because he want to win but isn't there to maim his opponent.

• Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    RIP TNA

I think having it on the network would be a good place for it. They could send guys who need to rebuild a new gimmick down there to work for a while then bring them up to NXT then back to the Main Roster. Keep NXT what it is now a place for cool indie guys and performance center talent who need some TV time.

And as far as talent who need to be brought up to Raw or SD, ya EC3 and Drew Galloway are 2 who stand out and of course a Hardy's VS Wyatt Feud would be awesome.

• Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Like touch wood and all, but those two chuckleheads having a stranglehold on the IWGP tag belts was the most befuddling thing about New Japan booking for a while.
    I didn't watch raw yet, but today I did watch Progress Chapter 25. Holy shit was Ospreay/Scurll was fantastic. It was just as good as I hoped. There was a stretch in the middle where they each hit big moves without much selling until the end of the section, that bothers me sometimes, but not badly here. Great counters throughout.

Edit - Speaking of Progress what I've heard about their most recent show has me pretty excited to catch up. Sounds like a great show.

The wrestling is still top notch and there are some great promos but Scurll's title run leaves me cold, in no small part because of the weak booking of Haskins. On the plus side the Origin just keep finding ways to get better, El Ligero and Dave Mastiff especially.
    Speaking of Origin I think it's a shoe in to see Zack Gibson as champ soon, the guy generates nuclear hat just by being a scouser, the fact that he then knows how to be an excellent shitlord is just icing on the heel cake.

Ah, it is a bummer to hear that Scurll's run isn't so hot. I do already miss his old music.

• Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

Ah, it is a bummer to hear that Scurll's run isn't so hot. I do already miss his old music.

I like Scurll's run, but I'm a huge Scurll fan in general, I like his music, his gimmick, style, the lot. If he were't so relatively small, he'd do well in WWE.

• Options
    dragonsama wrote: »
    RIP TNA

I think having it on the network would be a good place for it. They could send guys who need to rebuild a new gimmick down there to work for a while then bring them up to NXT then back to the Main Roster. Keep NXT what it is now a place for cool indie guys and performance center talent who need some TV time.

And as far as talent who need to be brought up to Raw or SD, ya EC3 and Drew Galloway are 2 who stand out and of course a Hardy's VS Wyatt Feud would be awesome.

All the reports say that if WWE does buy them they won't continue the company.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    So Foley was corrupted pretty quickly huh? Been a douche for a good few weeks making terrible matches or robbing two guys who've destroyed each other of a match for one of the major titles.

I half think that the story they're telling is "Foley is bad at his job". I may be giving the Raw writers too much benefit of the doubt.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Corgan has barely enough to buy, but can't do it for weeks

Meanwhile their PPV Sunday needs to be paid for by Friday to...happen

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Sprout wrote: »

I half think that the story they're telling is "Foley is bad at his job". I may be giving the Raw writers too much benefit of the doubt.

Foley is a writer insert then?

I could buy Foley being bad at his job, but doesn't explain his blatant favoritism. Bryan has gotten called out for it, but Foley seems to have been getting a pass.

EDIT: And I'm sad they still haven't done up TJ's Tron.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular

I think we'll hear that they sold to WWE by the end of the week and Bound for Glory will be their last show if the reports of WWE folding up the company are true.

Which I think is a mistake. As a lower budget network only promotion it would be a good draw for the network and would give WWE a secondary farm system for guys they are on the fence about.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    They don't need a 2nd NXT.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    dragonsama wrote: »

I think we'll hear that they sold to WWE by the end of the week and Bound for Glory will be their last show if the reports of WWE folding up the company are true.

Which I think is a mistake. As a lower budget network only promotion it would be a good draw for the network and would give WWE a secondary farm system for guys they are on the fence about.

They have nxt. They have people in the fitness center they're on the fence about. There's no reason for TNA to continue to exist after this.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    I seriously doubt WWE even bothers doing BFG.

• Options
    so does steph get to show up on impact since shane got to go on nitro?

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I'd feel sorry for Cody and Sandow though, especially Sandow since he'll probably be fired twice in one year. I wonder what they'd do with the Hardys.

AlphaRomero on
This discussion has been closed.