Options

US Presidential Election: Wave Riders

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular

That article says that Barack Obama's half brother endorsed Trump.

Is that true? That seems untrue

edit: well it's a Fox News story, so who knows.

Does it matter? Like, at all?

• Options
    WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular
    Enc wrote: »

I don't think it matters. I think if I remember, Obama and his half brother are basically complete strangers to one another.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Enc wrote: »

Not in the slightest, I was just reading through the list of supporters which are mostly white southern athletes and performers and then he popped up and it made me do a double take.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

What in the everliving fuck is going on with Gary Johnson? I've heard countless radio interviews with the man over the years and he's never come across as dumb. Wait, does Gary have Ebola? Puff, puff, pass the cure?

He has zero chance to win, so he gives zero fucks about preparing.

Preparing? Naming a foreign world leader is not preparation. I can name five off the top of my head without thinking about it. Six if you count Cameron who just resigned in the UK.

Yes, but ones you respect?

Who's going to know? I mean, unless you have explicit statements on the record saying "I don't respect X", who's going to contradict the affirmation "I respect X, I think they did great things for their country, and I admire their political style"?

This is the equivalent of Palin's "what do you read" question. A softball question whose answer is completely personal and un-fact-checkable, yet they manged to fail completely at answering it.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    So with the Cuba thing, the Trump family is basically the Bluth family, huh?

Somewhere in Havana there's a model home with three Fidel Castro lookalikes

And a cornballer.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    So with the Cuba thing, the Trump family is basically the Bluth family, huh?

Somewhere in Havana there's a model home with three Fidel Castro lookalikes

And a cornballer.

shit. now I know what I'm watching this weekend.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Alright, curiosity is getting the better of me. What's this shimmy black guy meme that's going around since the debate?

sig.gif
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Alright, curiosity is getting the better of me. What's this shimmy black guy meme that's going around since the debate?

It's from a Goldbond commercial Shaq did.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    The article proudly lists Dale Winton as a Trump supporter. To US folks I would imagine this is greeted by a blank stare. To UK folks I assure you this is hilarious.

• Options
    OptimusZed wrote: »

It's from a Goldbond commercial Shaq did.

Ah. Thank you.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Patrick Bateman is in the news again.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/christophermassie/eric-trump-it-took-courage-for-my-dad-to-not-mention-bill-cl?utm_term=.luvyydJ9m#.xdWVVPWdy
    Eric Trump said on Tuesday that it took “courage” during Monday night’s debate for his father to refrain from bringing up Bill Clinton’s infidelity, saying it was something he’ll always remember.

“I mean, he very well could’ve looked down — and he said it when he came off the debate stage, ‘I wasn’t gonna respond to that question because I saw Chelsea in the front row and I just wasn’t gonna go there out of respect for her,’” the younger son of the Republican nominee told host Simon Conway of 1040 WHO Iowa radio. “And that was a big moment for me and probably will actually become, my life and this campaign, and probably will be something I’ll always remember.”

He continued, “I mean, he really took the high ground where he had the opportunity to go very, very low. And I’m proud of him for doing that. I mean, I’m really proud of him for doing that. And I think people recognize that. I mean, there are a lot of people who came up to me, including many in the media, who said listen, he could’ve just crushed her on that last question. And he would’ve probably hurt a family if he did.

“I don’t know, I think that took a lot of courage in so many regards and I think he really answered that well and took the high ground and kept the high road.”
    During the debate, Hillary Clinton brought up disparaging comments Donald Trump has made about women. Trump responded by saying that he had refrained from saying something “extremely rough to Hillary, to her family.” After the debate, he said that he did so out of respect for Chelsea Clinton, who was in the audience, though he added that he might bring up Clinton’s extramarital affairs at the next debate.

He is so proud that his Dad didnt fuck that dog, even though he stripped naked and covered himself in peanut butter and chased the dog around, he didnt fuck it.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Bogart wrote: »
    The article proudly lists Dale Winton as a Trump supporter. To US folks I would imagine this is greeted by a blank stare. To UK folks I assure you this is hilarious.

I think he took the wrong economic lessons from Supermarket Sweep

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

It's just the old swiggity swooty gif with Hillary instead of a wide variety of other swiggity swootys

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    edited September 2016

https://www.buzzfeed.com/christophermassie/eric-trump-it-took-courage-for-my-dad-to-not-mention-bill-cl?utm_term=.luvyydJ9m#.xdWVVPWdy
    Eric Trump said on Tuesday that it took “courage” during Monday night’s debate for his father to refrain from bringing up Bill Clinton’s infidelity, saying it was something he’ll always remember.

“I mean, he very well could’ve looked down — and he said it when he came off the debate stage, ‘I wasn’t gonna respond to that question because I saw Chelsea in the front row and I just wasn’t gonna go there out of respect for her,’” the younger son of the Republican nominee told host Simon Conway of 1040 WHO Iowa radio. “And that was a big moment for me and probably will actually become, my life and this campaign, and probably will be something I’ll always remember.”

He continued, “I mean, he really took the high ground where he had the opportunity to go very, very low. And I’m proud of him for doing that. I mean, I’m really proud of him for doing that. And I think people recognize that. I mean, there are a lot of people who came up to me, including many in the media, who said listen, he could’ve just crushed her on that last question. And he would’ve probably hurt a family if he did.

“I don’t know, I think that took a lot of courage in so many regards and I think he really answered that well and took the high ground and kept the high road.”
    During the debate, Hillary Clinton brought up disparaging comments Donald Trump has made about women. Trump responded by saying that he had refrained from saying something “extremely rough to Hillary, to her family.” After the debate, he said that he did so out of respect for Chelsea Clinton, who was in the audience, though he added that he might bring up Clinton’s extramarital affairs at the next debate.

He is so proud that his Dad didnt fuck that dog, even though he stripped naked and covered himself in peanut butter and chased the dog around, he didnt fuck it.

My dad literally cheated on my mom and then he left my mom for the woman he was fucking. Then later he cheated again. But tonight I saw he had the opportunity to abuse or at least belittle another woman, not by cheating on her, but by victim-blaming her for getting cheated on. He could have belittled the hell out of her like he is always doing to women, but he didn't do it. He made it clear that he could, if he felt like it, and he even wanted to, but he didn't do it this time. Wow. He's so brave. My dad is like Jesus. I'll never forget.

WordLust on
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Holy shit, Trump's subreddit is in full damage control mode.

They now latched on to the idea that Clinton gave secret signals to the moderator when touching her face because "everyone that wears make up knows you can't touch your face on tv"

Holy shit. This is beyond fucking funny. They are in full meltdown

I also noticed on there that Pepe the Frog has been declared a hate symbol by the ADL, which they find ironic or silly or something.

It will take some young people time to realize that ironic hate is just actual hate and no one is buying the FOR THE LOLZ smokescreen

It's taken many genuine conservatives years to realize that much of "their" party - the party they thought was theirs - are just racist assholes.

The process seems much accelerated lately.

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »

I think he took the wrong economic lessons from Supermarket Sweep

Dale Winton, really? I didn't know his endorsement carried so much weight!

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular

It's true. Obama's half brother comes across as a bit of a slimeball.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    In all seriousness, yes, Trump's Deplorables are a group of low-information largely rural racists who have been sitting in an alternate reality newsbubble for decades that has been telling them the Democrats are going to take away all their guns, freedoms, and way of life, and give them to some "other". Top that off with irrational fear of being killed by terrorists (nevermind that they don't have the self-awareness to realize that's the point of terrorism), and many are increasingly feeling like, if they don't win this, they will have to take up arms and save their country from all enemies, foreign and domestic.

I continue to find it exasperating that the irrational fear of people coming to take their guns could well be proving a valid reason for people to come and take their guns.

Not in a "the Democrats have finally shown their colours!" manner, but in a "for your own safety and that of those around you." manner.

Not that I'd expect them to appreciate the distinction, but it's some obnoxious Snake Eating Its Tail shit; they're afraid and lashing out and creating a self fulfilling prophecy where the fear and lashing out might justify the very thing they're afraid of.

Don't forget that Trump has literally put forth the idea of squads of police running around, taking people's guns.

But it was in the form of super-enhanced stop and frisk, so we know it's not WHITE people's guns.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Oh believe me, I haven't forgotten that.

Even if the media in general doesn't seem super interested in that aspect, and the NRA is shockingly (SHOCKINGLY, I tell you!) onboard with Team Trump.

Somehow a Democrat wanting to legislate gun control is worse than a Republican actually stating they want to take guns away.

I mean, from those people, of course.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    The owner of the National Enquirer is a good friend of Trumps

It hilarious the NY Post hasn't even endorsed Trump yet

New York post! THAT is the one I was thinking of!
    "Rent Is Too Damn High" Party.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Do they still endorse him after he raised the rent of the Trump Tower office space his campaign are using by 500%?

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    I attempted to mentally Markov chain an article about the election;

Trump bad but Hillary pneumonia. White working class!!?? Eric trump dog fuck. Woman too fat but Bill Clinton. Gary Johnson best candidate, Jill stein harambe; Pepe nazi. Polls close Hillary makeup clothing, not likeable.

you're welcome no need to read any more articles

ps does anybody know what the format for 3rd debate is?

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    WordLust wrote: »

My dad literally cheated on my mom and then he left my mom for the woman he was fucking. Then later he cheated again. But tonight I saw he had the opportunity to abuse or at least belittle another woman, not by cheating on her, but by victim-blaming her for getting cheated on. He could have belittled the hell out of her like he is always doing to women, but he didn't do it. He made it clear that he could, if he felt like it, and he even wanted to, but he didn't do it this time. Wow. He's so brave. My dad is like Jesus. I'll never forget.

I mean if women don't want to get cheated on, all they have to do is become whatever fantasy version of themselves (or someone else) their man wants at that particular moment. Hillary is so lucky Trump didn't bring up the fact that she can't shapeshift.

It's her own fault for not being Mystique.

*sticks finger down throat*

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Current Now cast is looking better (obviously it's still Now cast so volatile as all hell)

q6O9h6l.png

Even the polls-only is swinging pretty heavily though

n5fxatP.png

I'll admit I wasn't expecting to see feedback this quickly as it was suggested it would take 5-7 days to see the impact on the 538 graphs. This leads me to believe this is only the beginning of an even larger bounce that we may end up seeing around that time frame.

Still too early to get excited, as there are 2 more debates that Clinton needs to perform well in, and the VP debate, but it's still nice to see that when Clinton does well in a highly televised event, the polls seem to respond accordingly, in spite of every attempt of the Trump campaign to try and change the narrative of the debate outcome.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    yes
    Third presidential debate (October 19, 2016, University of Nevada-Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV)

The format for the debate will be identical to the first presidential debate.
    First presidential debate (September 26, 2016, Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY)

The debate will be divided into six time segments of approximately 15 minutes each on major topics to be selected by the moderator and announced at least one week before the debate.

The moderator will open each segment with a question, after which each candidate will have two minutes to respond. Candidates will then have an opportunity to respond to each other. The moderator will use the balance of the time in the segment for a deeper discussion of the topic.

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

Trump bad but Hillary pneumonia. White working class!!?? Eric trump dog fuck. Woman too fat but Bill Clinton. Gary Johnson best candidate, Jill stein harambe; Pepe nazi. Polls close Hillary makeup clothing, not likeable.

3rd Presidential is the same format as the first

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    thanx bois

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular

3rd debate is a rap battle.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    With a little training from LMM, I'm sure Hildawg could pull it off.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »

I would be very entertained by this.

• Options
    With a little training from LMM, I'm sure Hildawg could pull it off.

Trump has the best beats.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i mean

she has people who could help her

poo
  • Options
    thanx bois

this strikes me as best order. she will probs do less well in town hall, so they can do their trump picks it up in second debate spiel then she trashes him in the last one

damn internet bein weird

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    i mean

she has people who could help her

YUGGHCK

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    thanx bois

this strikes me as best order. she will probs do less well in town hall, so they can do their trump picks it up in second debate spiel then she trashes him in the last one

damn internet bein weird

I doubt that. Hillary listens to people and addresses their concerns. Trump couldn't sit through an entire question about veterans suicides without being an asshole. I'm optimistic Hillary will win this one. I give it good odds Trump will actually pick a fight with at least one audience member.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Oh believe me, I haven't forgotten that.

Even if the media in general doesn't seem super interested in that aspect, and the NRA is shockingly (SHOCKINGLY, I tell you!) onboard with Team Trump.

Somehow a Democrat wanting to legislate gun control is worse than a Republican actually stating they want to take guns away.

I mean, from those people, of course.

In 2012 the NRA endorsed Romney, despite Romney passing anti-gun legislation as governor and Obama only passing two laws that expanded gun rights as President. Their hypocrisy is ridiculously obvious.

• Options
    thanx bois

damn internet bein weird

I doubt that. Hillary listens to people and addresses their concerns. Trump couldn't sit through an entire question about veterans suicides without being an asshole. I'm optimistic Hillary will win this one. I give it good odds Trump will actually pick a fight with at least one audience member.

I am assuming more troll questions and more incompetent moderation. it is of course possible she will do v well, but I assume media already lining up their angle

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    thanx bois

damn internet bein weird
    3rd debate is moderated by Chris Wallace though. Hard to judge how he'll moderate. He 'went after' Trump in the primary but I could easily see him asking pointed questions to Hillary (emails, Benghazi, etc.), especially if the 2nd debate goes badly for Trump again and he continues to whine about moderation. Although I don't watch his show or w/e so I don't actually know how he's been reporting on Trump,

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    thanx bois

damn internet bein weird

the only caveat being that Chris Wallace, smarmy Fox news anchor who fancies himself a serious journalist, is moderating

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    thanx bois

damn internet bein weird

The real danger for donald is not just picking a fight with an audience member during the debate but given his proven in ability to let anything go double/triple down on it afterwards for a couple days at least.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Joshmvii wrote: »

Moderator: Hillary, can you please outline your economic plan?

HRC: Ahem...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0IGepU7ICc

WordLust on
This discussion has been closed.