Options

Access Hollywood presents: The [2016 Presidential Election] Shitshow Spectacular!

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    The problem is I don't want this ejection to become a debate on which side is rapier. I mentioned this before trump even won the nomination.

The bill stuff is all pretty awful and o can't think of a good way for Hillary to not get dragged into the dumpster by it.

Yes she will still win the election but we all lose as a people if it gets that nasty. Which it will

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    How very special that the men's rights activists' favorite candidate ever is focusing entirely on calling another man a rapist without evidence.
    Maybe not Broadrick per se but Bill's definitely a predator. There's a long list of women who claim sexual harrassment or worse, and where there's smoke there's fire. Unfortunately it's hard to tell which of them are telling the truth, thanks to an active campaign by the Democrats to make them look like nuts and frauds planted by the GOP.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    The problem is I don't want this ejection to become a debate on which side is rapier. I mentioned this before trump even won the nomination.

The bill stuff is all pretty awful and o can't think of a good way for Hillary to not get dragged into the dumpster by it.

Yes she will still win the election but we all lose as a people if it gets that nasty. Which it will

Hillary is not Bill. Repeat ad nauseum.

• Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    jmcdonald wrote: »

this actually happened folks.

not satire.

my brain was broken yesterday, i've got nothing now.

This appears to have been called off.

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Disrupter wrote: »

Hillary is not Bill. Repeat ad nauseum.

Giuliani said at the very end of his Meet the Press segment that he'd be attacking Hillary's role... which as I recall is stuff from Breitbart land but I don't remember the details. Conspiracy theory stuff that has no business being discussed at this level, it's legitimately insane.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    where there's smoke there's fire.

Un-ironic use of this phrase in regards to something tangential to Hillary Clinton may have broke my brain.

Note: I'm not arguing it regarding the point about Bill, but if there was ever a woman where that phrase would catch a whole mountain worth of shade...

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    jmcdonald wrote: »

this actually happened folks.

not satire.

my brain was broken yesterday, i've got nothing now.

This appears to have been called off.

oh thank god!

a small step towards the universe making some semblance of sense again

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The existence of smoke machines that produce a lot of smoke with very little fire should have gotten that phrase retired long ago.

Plus it could just be fog from a fog machine.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    So how long until we start seeing Trump's "subtle" attempts at bribing the electoral college?

• Options
    Priebus gives the go-ahead to abandon ship:

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »

But.. But.. that Hitler video came out yesterday with those same words!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    That's pretty much ballgame then.

All that's left is the incoherent shouting.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular

snl9n-2-web.jpg

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

• Options
    OptimusZed wrote: »

Time to put even more effort into downballot races

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Yeah, now that the presidency may be wrapped up, we really need to focus on reclaiming those small offices.

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular

Yeah, now that the presidency may be wrapped up, we really need to focus on reclaiming those small offices.

The presidency won't be wrapped up until November 9th.

sig.gif
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Trump is going to tell people to vote for him and only him as a way to punish the GOP, isn't he?

• Options
    Now to tie literally every downballot Republican to Trump's comments. Make them choose between alienating his base and condoning sexual assault.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Trump is going to tell people to vote for him and only him as a way to punish the GOP, isn't he?

I think someone in his campaign already said that yesterday, but honestly the past 24 hours feels like a fever dream.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »

The good thing is, we can do both.

Come out to vote for Trump's doom. And while you are at it....

• Options
    Guys. I'm going to try to cut off from all of this until tonight, just to preserve some sanity. Catch you at 9pm. Be nice in the debate thread.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

I'm saying, the presidency is a thing we need to concentrate on, yes. It's important Hillary get enough votes.

However, if all the Democrat voters go out and support their local candidates... well, if you watch your pennies, the dollars take care of themselves. If we get huge D numbers out to change their local offices, the presidency will gravitate towards Clinton as a matter of course.

A lot of the worst crap being done in this country is being done at the local level.

• Options
    Rchanen wrote: »

The good thing is, we can do both.

Come out to vote for Trump's doom. And while you are at it....

Gotta push the contrast between 2008-2010 and 2010-now. Things got done... then obstructionism became the name of the game and everything's slowed down. Pin it on the republicans. Get clips of "making Obama a one-term president" and as much obstructionism as you can. Emphasize that the key to progress is voting local and that Hillary can't do it alone.

That's for the base. For the sane GOPers work on how horrible Trump is. For the deplorables emphasize how the party establishment has abandoned him.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    So here's the deal about the recent Trump reveals...

Remember Monica Lewinsky? Remember this photo?

Bill-and-Monica-embracing-1996.jpg

Well, there's a story behind that.

http://www.famouspictures.org/bill-and-monica/
    When the Bill Clinton Monica Lewinsky story broke the news media used the same video clip, the one with Monica in a beret, endlessly repeating behind the talking heads. Hungry for more images of the two together media researchers scrambled through their archives to find another Monica and Bill needle in a photo haystack. That’s when, Time magazine photographer, Dirck Halstead entered the picture. He knew that he had seen Monica’s face and hired a researcher to pore over thousands of images until she found the image he remembered taking. Halstead had taken this picture at a 1996 fundraiser in Washington. When he showed it to TIME they sat on it for months waiting for Lewinsky story to become front page news. When Monica decided to go to the prosecutors, and offer her testimony, the story was page one material and TIME made this image iconic by making it their cover shot.

That's the level of commitment that journalists used to have regarding their archive.

And somehow, shows like "Access Hollywood" didn't think it was worth digging through their archives regarding Donald Trump until the month before the election.

This isn't just bad journalism. It's bad business, period. How do you not keep track of your assets?

One of the first groups of people that newspaper laid off were the librarians. Then they either destroyed or shipped off their archives. There was some efforts at digitization, but mostly that stuff was binned.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I don't have any more words for this general election.

A presidential nominee is convinced he can win by fighting his own party and his opponent.

A presidential nominee is so unstable and delusional that someone could suggest he would do something violent at tonight's debate and I agreed.

No words.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Nigel Farage continuing to be the UK's scummiest export.
    On Saturday Mr Farage said Mr Trump was running to become President of the US, "not the Pope".

He said: "Look, this is alpha male boasting. It's the kind of thing, if we are being honest, that men do. They sit around and have a drink and they talk like this.

"By the way, quite a lot of women say things amongst themselves that they would not want to see on Fox News, or the front page of a newspaper. I'm not pretending it's good - it's ugly, it is ugly."

Note that Farage is rumoured to have been helping prep Trump for tonight.

• Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular

And in 8 years more and more people will begin to understand the implications of tech like self driving cars (automated farming, retail, customer service, etc.) and the Republican stance of "bootstraps, illegals taking yer jobs, and tax cuts for the rich" will carry less and less weight.

This is the beginning of the end for that nasty, nasty party. Wooooooo!

• Options
    Ted Cruz Speaks:

"But why didn't they release it sooner? Like, during the primary?"

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    On Saturday Mr Farage said Mr Trump was running to become President of the US, "not the Pope".

He said: "Look, this is alpha male boasting. It's the kind of thing, if we are being honest, that men do. They sit around and have a drink and they talk like this.

"By the way, quite a lot of women say things amongst themselves that they would not want to see on Fox News, or the front page of a newspaper. I'm not pretending it's good - it's ugly, it is ugly."

I'm half-expecting one of these dipshits to start going off on ladder theory or somesuch

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I can't wait for the talk to ramp up about Fiorina for RNC Chair.

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »

Every action has an opposite but equal reaction... and we got someone so awesome in John Oliver that it required Farage AND Piers Morgan to make up for it.

• Options
    Ted Cruz Speaks:

Or, like, two weeks ago.

• Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    It'd be nice if he really does commit to the "All men talk like this" line. Play him excusing himself on loop on CNN less than 48 hours after his absurd non-apology. That's a fantastic idea.

• Options
    Ted Cruz Speaks:

It's almost like this is their first election.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Sunday: Trump tries to shame Clinton with "your husband is a rapist." She shames him and it plays along party lines.
    Monday: Trump declares he won the debate.
    Wednesday Night: Trump goes on tweetstorm as the coke-fueled haze finally wears off and he realizes he's been made the patsy again.
    Friday: News breaks that Trump has a goat raping habit.
    Saturday/Sunday: Guiliani makes the rounds proclaiming that "Who hasn't raped a goat or two?"

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Ted Cruz is till the Irony Clown.

https://youtu.be/EbTcHpPDCu8

• Options
    I mean, I know dudes who talk like that. And who act like they can get away with whatever they want to with a woman because of how badass and manly they are. They exist.

But they're not people you let drive the truck to the worksite, much less be president. As just straight losers go, they're pretty much the bottom tier. The kind of guys who get drunk on a tuesday afternoon and expose themselves to a schoolbus.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Darlan wrote: »

And in 8 years more and more people will begin to understand the implications of tech like self driving cars (automated farming, retail, customer service, etc.) and the Republican stance of "bootstraps, illegals taking yer jobs, and tax cuts for the rich" will carry less and less weight.

This is the beginning of the end for that nasty, nasty party. Wooooooo!

I don't see how that's true. Automation is driving people out of their jobs.

I'm a programmer. Automation is what programmers do. I don't see the process slowing down, and I don't have an answer. But the Republican party will welcome with open arms all those people angry about the loss of their jobs. The Democrats have been less effective at it, despite their history with labor unions.

Don't make the mistake of thinking this is over.

• Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Ted Cruz Speaks:

Cruze mewled, his bitter, plaintive words broken up by loud sobbing.

Seal on
  • Options
    GatorGator An alligator in Scotland Registered User regular
    Ted Cruz Speaks:

While I loathe Ted Cruz, he is not exactly wrong here

NBC aided and abetted a fascist sexual predator

This discussion has been closed.