Options

Not [Chat]Some Enough

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I see. And that applies all the way down to office level government employees? Does it ever get enforced? Seems like it would probably be violated on a daily basis during election season unless it was strictly emphasized.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    The difference between civ 5 and civ 2 is minute compared to the difference between Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3. Sure, now there's city states and some civ bonuses, but you still have diplomacy, resources, technology, wonders, advisers, win conditions, etc etc etc. Warcraft 3 was closer to a MOBA than an RTS tbh. You might have a point if each iteration of the game didn't basically "reset" all the extra stuff and sell DLC and expansions to add them back in I guess, but from where I'm standing my Civ 5 tactics are nearly identical to my Civ 1 and 2 tactics, aside from broken denouncing bullshit in Civ5.

Also the video based advisers were the best fyi hth

War3 was a completely different thing.

And Blizzard stated that.

Starcraft was the War2 next iteration. War3 is where MOBAs derive from because of the hero system. Its not that it was closer to MOBAs it is their direct ancestor.

The modern Blizzard RTS is way to heavy on unit abilities for me.

It's like every goddamn unit has 5 abilities it can use. Back in older iterations it was only the caster units that would be that complicated. And of course hero units this goes doubly for. I think this is why I really loved Dawn of War 1 so much. I didn't get that feeling at all with most of their units.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I'm not trying to bash Hillary here or whatever, but Obama and her have taken an incredibly draconian attitude toward any leaks of US data

I don't think she'd CIA blackbag him to gitmo, but I think she'd use every diplomatic measure she had to find a way to get him here

I'm also not trying to defend Assange, for sure, I'm just pointing out that it's rational for him to be opposed to Hillary even if he is using everything he claims to stand for as toilet paper

well, what american laws has assange broken?

there are probably very limited american laws a foreign national on foreign soil can break

Handling classified material without proper authorization. Aiding and abetting. Probably could be put in for obstruction of justice if he refuses to give up sources.

I really think that is about it.

I doubt he has any legal obligation to protect american classified information

aiding and abetting does have extranational reach though so maybe they have something there to build a case on?

He isn't authorized to see it so they can hit him. But I doubt you could build an extradition case on it. Really aiding and abetting would be the basis for it and then when in the US they might be able to hit with an obstruction charge if he doesn't plea or cooperate.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I see. And that applies all the way down to office level government employees? Does it ever get enforced? Seems like it would probably be violated on a daily basis during election season unless it was strictly emphasized.

It is pretty strictly emphasized in DC. Lots of emails. An all hands meeting in August for the government employees. And us contractors are told not to discuss it with the govies during office hours.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    tumblr_of4emx7ZE91rnz1s9o1_540.jpg

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I'm at the point where if I hear coworkers supporting trump I am going to document the time and place and people present and report them for hatch act violations. Once you start saying "I'm voting for X" in an open office that is a violation and they can sit their happy asses at home for the 30 day mandatory suspension without pay. I'm fucking sick of this shit.

I'm not allowed to express my feelings and feel bullied by this shit so fuck em

I'm unfamiliar with that rule, what's the Hatch Act?

Government employees in their official capacity aka while working cannot state a preference during an election for a specific candidate or party.

So like... if Ludious posts from work he shouldn't be stating a preference? Oh snap. He's gonna have to be vague about Trump all during the day.

• Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    I'm at the point where if I hear coworkers supporting trump I am going to document the time and place and people present and report them for hatch act violations. Once you start saying "I'm voting for X" in an open office that is a violation and they can sit their happy asses at home for the 30 day mandatory suspension without pay. I'm fucking sick of this shit.

I'm not allowed to express my feelings and feel bullied by this shit so fuck em

@ludious i was talking to the person who sits behind me and i brought it up, so it wasnt like that - this time.

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular

I mean that's why there's a literal law around it.
    From my brief exposure to such things, it was a real thing

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    The difference between civ 5 and civ 2 is minute compared to the difference between Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3. Sure, now there's city states and some civ bonuses, but you still have diplomacy, resources, technology, wonders, advisers, win conditions, etc etc etc. Warcraft 3 was closer to a MOBA than an RTS tbh. You might have a point if each iteration of the game didn't basically "reset" all the extra stuff and sell DLC and expansions to add them back in I guess, but from where I'm standing my Civ 5 tactics are nearly identical to my Civ 1 and 2 tactics, aside from broken denouncing bullshit in Civ5.

Starcraft was the War2 next iteration. War3 is where MOBAs derive from because of the hero system. Its not that it was closer to MOBAs it is their direct ancestor.

It's like every goddamn unit has 5 abilities it can use. Back in older iterations it was only the caster units that would be that complicated. And of course hero units this goes doubly for. I think this is why I really loved Dawn of War 1 so much. I didn't get that feeling at all with most of their units.

Yeah like, actually healing with those healers.. how the fuck do people manage that shit

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I though Assange was in hiding due to the whole being a rapist thing

Yeah. He claims that they're trumped up charges and if he gets extradited to Sweden they'll extradite him to the US where, I don't know, he'll be black bagged to a dark site and then tortured and executed. It's total bullshit if you look at the facts, but he wants to be able to play the victim.

Oh yeah

I mean I know why he says he's in hiding

I just don't care why he says he's in hiding because no, Julian, that's not why you're in hiding.

• Options

I loved Dawn of War 1 so much, and was so so bad at DoW2

• Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    i'm not even sure what the hatch act says. guess i should read up on that. prob should have read the emails we got about it heh

• Options
    Grape Ape wrote: »

I loved Dawn of War 1 so much, and was so so bad at DoW2

Yeah, I didn't hate DoW2. The story mode was excellent.

But I really really didn't care for the fact that they went to the Company of Heroes cover and small squad system.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    DRMVH0R.jpg

you can't stop the inexorable march of progress

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    i had a dream yamaha released a gigantic organ sized analog through-zero fm synth with dozens of modules

why'd i have to wake up?

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

"when bae show up to the skatepark wit someone else"

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I'm having a hard time finding federal US law text

(I'm curious as to how it defines "political activity" which is what is prohibited while working for all classes of government employees)

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    DRMVH0R.jpg

oaYrVlhl.jpg

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Driving out to see bae on Friday. Her place is just shy of 2 hours from Cinci.

Just volunteered for an issue at work that requires driving to within 30 minutes of her place, on Friday, meaning that I'll be paid mileage and get to her spot ~2 hours earlier than I would and be smanging* on the clock

HUSTLIN
    HUSTLIN
    HUSTLIN

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    *@Organichu I blame you for this word having taken up residence in my lexicon.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    DRMVH0R.jpg

Haha that looks exactly like one of Roxie's siblings

She had her first set of shots this morning and I brought her in with the rest of her litter because the mother's owner got a discount for bringing them all in at once

On a related note: five kittens in an 8x10 examination room is certainly a thing

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

I mean that's why there's a literal law around it.
    From my brief exposure to such things, it was a real thing

There are laws and then there are laws, y'know? I have not worked in a government environment, but the situation Ludious describes doesn't sound like something that would be uncommon.

• Options
    I'm not trying to bash Hillary here or whatever, but Obama and her have taken an incredibly draconian attitude toward any leaks of US data

I don't think she'd CIA blackbag him to gitmo, but I think she'd use every diplomatic measure she had to find a way to get him here

I'm also not trying to defend Assange, for sure, I'm just pointing out that it's rational for him to be opposed to Hillary even if he is using everything he claims to stand for as toilet paper

there are probably very limited american laws a foreign national on foreign soil can break

Handling classified material without proper authorization. Aiding and abetting. Probably could be put in for obstruction of justice if he refuses to give up sources.

aiding and abetting does have extranational reach though so maybe they have something there to build a case on?

He isn't authorized to see it so they can hit him. But I doubt you could build an extradition case on it. Really aiding and abetting would be the basis for it and then when in the US they might be able to hit with an obstruction charge if he doesn't plea or cooperate.

Of course you couldn't build an extradition case on it, because it isn't a crime for anyone else but the US, if it indeed is a crime. I'm not so certain.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Why can't I get just one screw
    Believe me I know what to do
    But something won't let me make love to you
    :whistle:

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

Maybe you should micro instead of being such a noob

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    After I really got into watching pro eSports as a thing. I gave watching some SC2 streams a shot. Holy shit, I have no idea how someone could watch that for an extended period of time. They flip around CONSTANTLY. The only time you'd see a single area on the map for more than a few seconds was when they had the one big fight that decided the whole match.
    Yup.

I watched a lot of SCII tourney streams, which were enjoyable as they had good camerawork. But if you watched people like iNcontrol back in the day, or wintergaming these days, the actual 'stream quality' experience is very low.

They never stay on a screen for more than a few seconds, most play on lowest graphics settings to keep framerate absolutely maxed, and macro has apparently become slightly more king than it was previously. Back in the WoL days I pointed out the in SCII thread that there is a big issue if your game involves troop type advantages but 90% of players cannot realistically take advantage of this because of the way targetting works. This has basically born fruit, and now coalesced into scout the enemy's build order and produce only the counter-strat for win/lose; no more hedging bets with well micro'd mixed armies.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Ireland has the fucking worst infrastructure outside of Dublin

Honestly Cork is close enough that I should conceivably be able to go down for a night for pints but its awful roads/incredibly expensive rail makes it an eight hour round journey if you don't drive

It's honestly easier and cheaper to get to London from where I am now

I think Ireland's fallen into the Star Network trap of Infrastructure, where it's all about reaching the Capital from wherever you are.

Example, if you are determined to get a train from Sligo to Galway (both in the West), you have to get a train into Dublin (on the east coast) first.

Norn Iron also suffers from this. Our rail network is barren and Belfast centric, and it even has its own phrase, "West of the Bann", to describe generally inferior infrastructure once you go past the River Bann and Lough Neagh.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    DRMVH0R.jpg

oaYrVlhl.jpg

i dont even know what do say to you anymore

so i will let this gif do the talking

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    lud are you sure that simply expressing "I am voting for x" is political activity

what I got from the OSC (and goddamn but it is hard to find the actual goddamn law)
    May express opinions about candidates and issues. If the expression is political activity, however – i.e., activity directed at the success or failure of a political party, candidate for partisan political office, or partisan political group – then the expression is not permitted while the employee is on duty, in any federal room or building, while wearing a uniform or official insignia, or using any federally owned or leased vehicle.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Of course you couldn't build an extradition case on it, because it isn't a crime for anyone else but the US, if it indeed is a crime. I'm not so certain.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/798

Yeah you could probably go with publishing of classified material in a manner where foreign governments can see it under this article.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Ireland has the fucking worst infrastructure outside of Dublin

Honestly Cork is close enough that I should conceivably be able to go down for a night for pints but its awful roads/incredibly expensive rail makes it an eight hour round journey if you don't drive

It's honestly easier and cheaper to get to London from where I am now

I think Ireland's fallen into the Star Network trap of Infrastructure, where it's all about reaching the Capital from wherever you are.

Example, if you are determined to get a train from Sligo to Galway (both in the West), you have to get a train into Dublin (on the east coast) first.

Norn Iron also suffers from this. Our rail network is barren and Belfast centric, and it even has its own phrase, "West of the Bann", to describe generally inferior infrastructure once you go past the River Bann and Lough Neagh.

Having been in Dundalk, Drogheda, Sligo, Cork and Galway in the last six weeks, I can agree with this p hard

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

TODAAAAAAAAAAaaaaAAAYYY

I like too many Richard Cheese variants of songs. Is lounge singer still a job one can get because that seems pretty sweet.

• Options
    edited October 2016

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/798

Yeah you could probably go with publishing of classified material in a manner where foreign governments can see it under this article.

Jurisdiction isn't defined in that one and that's the thing that matters

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »

TODAAAAAAAAAAaaaaAAAYYY

I like too many Richard Cheese variants of songs. Is lounge singer still a job one can get because that seems pretty sweet.

It seems like something old singers of low end fame would fall into and push any "new talent" out.

• Options
    ok the info i got about the hatch act says you cant:

-solicit accept or receive political contributions
    -wear partisan political clothing or buttons in the office
    - use government equipment for political activity

and you CAN:

- make financial contributions to a partisan political party/canidate
    - assist in voter registration drives w/ orginizations that are non-partisian

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    helloooooooooooo

• Options
    oh wait there is more, this didnt cover everything

• Options
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    oh wait there is more, this didnt cover everything

Office of the Inspector General for one of the big groups has a really comprehensive list. I think its DoJ? I was just looking it up.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    https://osc.gov/pages/hatchact.aspx

this was pretty comprehensive about the hatch act

they're the ones enforcing it

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.