Tav wrote: »
    Six wrote: »
    I'm discovering Cork is a raging pain to get in and out of compared to other european cities, flight-wise.

Fly to Dublin and get the train. It will save a lot of heartache tbh.

Ooh.

Ooh I forgot how good you Old Worlder's are about trains. Maybe that's what I should do and spend Friday night in Dublin instead.

Oh. This may go poorly.

You're NYC, yeah? I'm pretty sure there's no direct flights to Cork so it'd actually prob be quicker going to Dublin and getting the train down rather than having a stopover in Heathrow.

Yeah there's noting direct from Cork. I'd have to go through Amsterdam as it is and it makes the trip more than twice as long plus I wouldn't get miles for the Aer Lingus legs.

Going direct to Dublin and then taking a nice train right makes way more sense and I get a free Friday night in Dublin.

What dates?

The week of 11/14 but I don't know yet whether I need to be in Cork on 11/14 or whether I'll fly out a few days later. I definitely need to be in Cork on the 17th and will probably plan on taking an early train to Dublin the morning of the 18th. I'd fly out Saturday morning (the 19th).

It's not set in stone yet but that seems likely.
    Oh @Six actually the dates might be super important cus the police here are planning on striking in November (Fridays 4, 11, 18, 25th off the top of my head) which will disrupt all of the airports and the police here work doing passport checks.

You should prob keep an eye on this.

Hm ok thanks. I'd be planning on only taking the train to Dublin on the 18th and then flying on the 19th. Do you think that would work?

That should be fine but if the strike goes ahead, I'd be at the airport earlier than normal on the Saturday as there'll be much longer queues because of the Friday flights being rescheduled.

Good advice, thanks. If I go with this plan I'll have an 11am flight out of Dublin but I'll be in the city that night so I should be fine unless I make mistakes.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I feel like Overlord was the perfect combo of action and strategy. I really liked being able to hit things with my sword but also send minions out on strategic strikes

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    @podly they've pressed Wally Badarou's Back to Scales To-Night on vinyl again and I was like "this seems like something Podly would want to know"

http://youtu.be/3TjAcTy8P1U

P.S. New Shifted out too a week ago yiss

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    im so tired

poo
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    Dear Canada,
    Give me a job and let me in please.

Your dude,
    Grape Ape

don't worry, we have a ton of families ready to accommodate political refugees such as yourself.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Project Managers are so fucking useless.

Why am I being forced to interact with these imbeciles?

You should see what happens to projects that don't have project managers.

And what happens when you have good ones.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

A good PM should be cutting out all the barriers between you and success.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    CnC was notoriously badly balanced though, in every iteration. Micro or its absence wasn't even close to what killed it; factions simply being mathematically better than others did.

Also the type of twitch involved in RTS is very different to that in MOBAs. This is related to what I said earlier, about MOBAs being easier to watch, because everything is done on just about one screen.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Dear Canada,
    Give me a job and let me in please.

Your dude,
    Grape Ape

Sham immigration marriage?

The price is low, the consummation is memorable!

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    @tav assuming I stay in Dublin friday night, any suggestions for areas in the city to find a hotel? Am I best off just finding something in the city center somewhere?

@Six yup, Dublin City is small so the city centre is ideal. I'd air more towards the south side of the city as it's nicer and closer to the touristy stuff like Trinity College or Stephen's Green but anywhere around the city centre will be grand for getting around and getting back to the airport.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I'm not trying to bash Hillary here or whatever, but Obama and her have taken an incredibly draconian attitude toward any leaks of US data

I don't think she'd CIA blackbag him to gitmo, but I think she'd use every diplomatic measure she had to find a way to get him here

I'm also not trying to defend Assange, for sure, I'm just pointing out that it's rational for him to be opposed to Hillary even if he is using everything he claims to stand for as toilet paper

well, what american laws has assange broken?

there are probably very limited american laws a foreign national on foreign soil can break

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I feel like Overlord was the perfect combo of action and strategy. I really liked being able to hit things with my sword but also send minions out on strategic strikes
    I wish all of Overlord could be as amazing as ordering your minions to wee all over a hobbit hole.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    im so tired

Shaz I made a minimal dark house beat with little off-beat tom patterns last night and you would have been proud of me

It was kind of ... funky?

then I accidentally deleted it : (

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Good PM's are something that I really only understand as the metaphorical negative space around one:
    They don't nitpick actual development
    They don't schedule a ton of overhead
    They don't add a lot of churn to the pipeline of ToDo's

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    The difference between civ 5 and civ 2 is minute compared to the difference between Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3. Sure, now there's city states and some civ bonuses, but you still have diplomacy, resources, technology, wonders, advisers, win conditions, etc etc etc. Warcraft 3 was closer to a MOBA than an RTS tbh. You might have a point if each iteration of the game didn't basically "reset" all the extra stuff and sell DLC and expansions to add them back in I guess, but from where I'm standing my Civ 5 tactics are nearly identical to my Civ 1 and 2 tactics, aside from broken denouncing bullshit in Civ5.

Also the video based advisers were the best fyi hth

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Yeah but talking about a good PM is like talking about a dyson sphere

a waste of fucking time because neither fucking exist and a dyson sphere would be easier to do

• Options
    @tav assuming I stay in Dublin friday night, any suggestions for areas in the city to find a hotel? Am I best off just finding something in the city center somewhere?

@Six yup, Dublin City is small so the city centre is ideal. I'd air more towards the south side of the city as it's nicer and closer to the touristy stuff like Trinity College or Stephen's Green but anywhere around the city centre will be grand for getting around and getting back to the airport.

Perfect, thanks

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I though Assange was in hiding due to the whole being a rapist thing

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I'm not trying to bash Hillary here or whatever, but Obama and her have taken an incredibly draconian attitude toward any leaks of US data

I don't think she'd CIA blackbag him to gitmo, but I think she'd use every diplomatic measure she had to find a way to get him here

I'm also not trying to defend Assange, for sure, I'm just pointing out that it's rational for him to be opposed to Hillary even if he is using everything he claims to stand for as toilet paper

there are probably very limited american laws a foreign national on foreign soil can break

Handling classified material without proper authorization. Aiding and abetting. Probably could be put in for obstruction of justice if he refuses to give up sources.

I really think that is about it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

Well, existing without their express permission is already challenging their recent foreign policy, so he has to be careful.

• Options
    I prefer the Benedict Cumberbatch version of Assange to the real one.

• Options

a waste of fucking time because neither fucking exist and a dyson sphere would be easier to do

They exist it's just they get headhunted by companies that
    A: Know that a great PM is as invaluable as they are rare
    B: Pay a fuckton of money to hire a great PM

• Options

actually we are like, seriously looking for dyson spheres

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »
    The difference between civ 5 and civ 2 is minute compared to the difference between Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3. Sure, now there's city states and some civ bonuses, but you still have diplomacy, resources, technology, wonders, advisers, win conditions, etc etc etc. Warcraft 3 was closer to a MOBA than an RTS tbh. You might have a point if each iteration of the game didn't basically "reset" all the extra stuff and sell DLC and expansions to add them back in I guess, but from where I'm standing my Civ 5 tactics are nearly identical to my Civ 1 and 2 tactics, aside from broken denouncing bullshit in Civ5.

War3 was a completely different thing.

And Blizzard stated that.

Starcraft was the War2 next iteration. War3 is where MOBAs derive from because of the hero system. Its not that it was closer to MOBAs it is their direct ancestor.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited October 2016
    I though Assange was in hiding

He has been holed up in the Ecuadorean Embassy in London for several years now. The Ecuadorean government just curtailed his internet access because they don't want any of the Wikileaks influencing the US election hoo-hah stink on them. And yes, it's because of the sex offences thing/involuntary rendition thing.

He says the accusations are a front and a conspiracy or the women are part of a sting or something to get him black-bagged to the US.

Bogart on
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I'm at the point where if I hear coworkers supporting trump I am going to document the time and place and people present and report them for hatch act violations. Once you start saying "I'm voting for X" in an open office that is a violation and they can sit their happy asses at home for the 30 day mandatory suspension without pay. I'm fucking sick of this shit.

I'm not allowed to express my feelings and feel bullied by this shit so fuck em

I'm unfamiliar with that rule, what's the Hatch Act?

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Mac and cheese was a mistake.

i accidentally the whole thing. :(

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I though Assange was in hiding due to the whole being a rapist thing

Yeah. He claims that they're trumped up charges and if he gets extradited to Sweden they'll extradite him to the US where, I don't know, he'll be black bagged to a dark site and then tortured and executed. It's total bullshit if you look at the facts, but he wants to be able to play the victim.

• Options
    I'm at the point where if I hear coworkers supporting trump I am going to document the time and place and people present and report them for hatch act violations. Once you start saying "I'm voting for X" in an open office that is a violation and they can sit their happy asses at home for the 30 day mandatory suspension without pay. I'm fucking sick of this shit.

Government employees in their official capacity aka while working cannot state a preference during an election for a specific candidate or party.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

It's not your fault.

It's not your fault.

• Options

The Hatch Act of 1939, officially An Act to Prevent Pernicious Political Activities, is a United States federal law whose main provision prohibits employees in the executive branch of the federal government, except the president, vice-president, and certain designated high-level officials of that branch, from engaging in some forms of political activity.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Starcraft was the War2 next iteration. War3 is where MOBAs derive from because of the hero system. Its not that it was closer to MOBAs it is their direct ancestor.

Much of that "stated as such" was after the fact. It was billed as an RTS and a continuation of WC2. Hindsight is 20/20, I suppose, though.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

The jerk you know vs. the jerk you don't

Let's do a SWOT analysis of the benefits of each

• Options

It's not your fault.

It's not your fault.

It might be his fault.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

I don't remember any details but government employees have a lot of restrictions on political actions.

• Options

Handling classified material without proper authorization. Aiding and abetting. Probably could be put in for obstruction of justice if he refuses to give up sources.

I really think that is about it.

I doubt he has any legal obligation to protect american classified information

aiding and abetting does have extranational reach though so maybe they have something there to build a case on?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Much of that "stated as such" was after the fact. It was billed as an RTS and a continuation of WC2. Hindsight is 20/20, I suppose, though.

I think it was more of an evolution from Beyond the Dark Portal. I remember when they announced the hero system and explained that Warcraft was about individual heroes while Starcraft was about more tradition RTS armies.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    morning [chat]

I accidentally slept in late this morning and arrived to a shitstorm of work to do cause boss was out yesterday.

fuuuuuu

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    CnC was notoriously badly balanced though, in every iteration. Micro or its absence wasn't even close to what killed it; factions simply being mathematically better than others did.

Also the type of twitch involved in RTS is very different to that in MOBAs. This is related to what I said earlier, about MOBAs being easier to watch, because everything is done on just about one screen.

After I really got into watching pro eSports as a thing. I gave watching some SC2 streams a shot. Holy shit, I have no idea how someone could watch that for an extended period of time. They flip around CONSTANTLY. The only time you'd see a single area on the map for more than a few seconds was when they had the one big fight that decided the whole match.

• Options
    morning [chat]

I accidentally slept in late this morning and arrived to a shitstorm of work to do cause boss was out yesterday.

fuuuuuu

Lovely Day

This discussion has been closed.