Options

[Phalla] at the House on the Hill - Finale: Delicious Scooby Snacks. Partygoers win!

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    I'm in a room by myself at the moment.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I found a puzzle box. Not going to try and open it until later though

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    library clue:

You find upper right opening on the Patchy Shelf has room for a single book. You can feel some sort of catch, but can't trigger it. You'll likely need the book that goes here."

Attempts:
    placeupperleftbookintheupperrightcorner
    placebookintheupperrightcorner
    placeupperleftbookintheupperrightopening
    placeupperleftbookintotheupperrightopening
    placebookintheupperrightopening
    placetheupperleftbookontheupperrightshelf
    placebookontheupperrightshelf
    puttheupperleftbookintotheupperrightopening
    taketheupperleftbookandputitintotheupperrightopening
    upperright
    upperrightopening
    shoveabookintotheupperrightopening
    putabookintheupperrightopening
    movetheupperleftbooktotheupperrightopening
    movetheupperleftbooktotheupperrightshelf
    puttheupperleftbookontheupperrightshelf
    putabookintotheopeningontheupperrightshelf
    puttheupperleftbookintotheopeningontheupperrightshelf
    upperleftupperright
    upperrightoftheshelf
    pullouttheupperleftbookandplaceitontheupperrightshelf
    stickabookintotheupperrightopening

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Still with Cythraul in the dining room, seems the connections updated, chapel is now a connection
    -Master Bedroom (Chapel)
    -Chapel (Master Bedroom)

Which I don't really like considering 38doe died in the chapel

• Options
    It seems our departed friends are warning those in the dining room "donoteatanything"

i hear whispers of old tales. where there is no place setting because you are the main course.

doesn't work

• Options
    Unfortunately neither 38doe or kilnaga posted who was in their rooms the past few days, although kilnaga did say he was alone in the attic before.
    Narration claims they were alone, I'm thinking there may be a SK (or the house itself) who can kill players who are alone.

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Alegis wrote: »
    Unfortunately neither 38doe or kilnaga posted who was in their rooms the past few days, although kilnaga did say he was alone in the attic before.
    Narration claims they were alone, I'm thinking there may be a SK (or the house itself) who can kill players who are alone.

It doesn't look good for me, but this information is already in the thread (I posted it early yesterday) so I should cop to it: kilnaga and I were together in the study yesterday. No one else was there.

I had no weapons and no useable items so I didn't take an action last night.

I'm just a partygoer trying to solve some riddles.

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Just me an ebum in the kitchen at the moment so if I die you know who to blame.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Oh right, I'm still alive. Sorry, been consumed with election news. :(

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I've been trying to figure out why i'm still alive and haven't had a chance to research this theory.

Do you think that perhaps the serial killer or the house. . whoever. . .needs to know our location to kill us? I haven't updated where I am since my reveal. Just thinking out loud here as I haven't had a chance to go back and verify deaths.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Maybe, but then we can rightly call this a bullshit phalla if the village isn't allowed to village and punished for it.

Voting records are worthless, I'd say the location data and tracking the murders is all the village has got because randomly voting out one person each night isn't going to cut it.

Alegis on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    What's that?

. . .I hear what you have to say friend. The book goes in the upper right to catch the release.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    What's that?

. . .I hear what you have to say friend. The book goes in the upper right to catch the release.

Yes, do you have the book that goes there?

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    I got so scared last night I was unable to move. All alone in the Foyer.

• Options
    Hedgethorn wrote: »

It doesn't look good for me, but this information is already in the thread (I posted it early yesterday) so I should cop to it: kilnaga and I were together in the study yesterday. No one else was there.

I'm willing to believe you on this, if you were evil and planning on killing kilnaga, you may not have shared that information. I think our best lead right now is to identify people who haven't been forthright about their location and who else was there.

Will continue this list later. The post overviews on vanilla aren't super great and I'm out of time

2. Cythraul : has been sharing it. Also I have been in the same room as him and didn't die.
    5. Jpants: ?
    6. Lostninja: ?
    8. Grunt's Ghosts:
    12. enlightenedbum
    13. Gizzy : active about trying subforum passwords
    15. Moridin889 : Hasn't shared location from what I can find, focuses on the riddles
    18. Hedgethorn
    27. DasUberEdward
    29. Chamberlain
    33. Premium
    34. Alegis
    36. Lucedes

• Options
    I was in the Greenhouse until night before last, where I when to the Library.

Night One- Searched Room- Got Shotgun
    Night Two- Made deal with Egos- Got Self Guard
    Night Three- Figured that someone would try to kill me, Used Self Guard
    Night Four- Dropped Shotgun, Got Torch
    Night Five- Moved to Library
    Night Six- Used Torch, Got Clue about the bookshelf
    Night Seven-???
    Night Eight- Profit

• Options
    Let's also check for people who don't appear on anyone's 'people nearby' list. A longshot that the village might use to identify evil ones, but you never know.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Hedgethorn wrote: »

I'm willing to believe you on this, if you were evil and planning on killing kilnaga, you may not have shared that information. I think our best lead right now is to identify people who haven't been forthright about their location and who else was there.

Will continue this list later. The post overviews on vanilla aren't super great and I'm out of time

2. Cythraul : has been sharing it. Also I have been in the same room as him and didn't die.
    5. Jpants: ?
    6. Lostninja: ?
    8. Grunt's Ghosts:
    12. enlightenedbum
    13. Gizzy : active about trying subforum passwords
    15. Moridin889 : Hasn't shared location from what I can find, focuses on the riddles
    18. Hedgethorn
    27. DasUberEdward
    29. Chamberlain
    33. Premium
    34. Alegis
    36. Lucedes

I was with Lucedes last night and today I'm in the attic by myself (mostly because it was the only location I had an option to go to that I hadn't been yet).

Edit: btw is seems kind of suspicious to force a role call when we think that there may be a serial killer out there that can kill just by knowing what room you are in.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    Wasn't meant to be a role call, was trying to pick a vote by exclusion by going through the names and decide for myself who is the least trustworthy

That said, while I don't know what the true serial killer mechanics are; I am more convinced the village can identify SKs by tracking movement (for abilities that have to target people in the same room) or voting out people who have been more likely to act like a serial killer (which is to say: not to share your movement or lay suspicion on you for being in the same room as victims).

if SKs can kill from wherever by using the information shared by the village (and tracking movement is pointless) we may as well just give up, so that's why I'm going for the share-info route. I've shared my location every night, and there were nights were I was alone: I'm still here.

Going to bed now so I don't have the time to go through all the posts for a better vote than Moridin889 . It would be good if we had an overview of all players / nights / locations and the kills that went down. + whether or not some people appeared in any attendee lists at all (some might be invisible?)

• Options
    I was chapel, attic wherever the coats were for a couple nights, then I've ended up with the book puzzle. I've been in no other rooms.

I think green is the only one I shared a room with when he died

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    How's that puzzle box coming along?

Why is nobody taking it seriously??

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    Moridin889

• Options
    im leaning Mordin as well due to his comment this morning, but I'd really like to know what his plans for the puzzlebox are first? You admitted to having it this morning, but said you weren't going to solve it until later. Later as in tonight, or later as in let's see how many of us premium can kill first?

How long have you had it?

• Options
    LostNinja wrote: »
    im leaning Mordin as well due to his comment this morning, but I'd really like to know what his plans for the puzzlebox are first? You admitted to having it this morning, but said you weren't going to solve it until later. Later as in tonight, or later as in let's see how many of us premium can kill first?

How long have you had it?

I received it when I examined last night. I had the map so I picked up a new item and used up my old to go do more puzzles

• Options
    Find a jar with a jackyl stomach in it while searching the kitchen. I wonder if the plant would like to eat that.

I sure don't.

Did you try 'jackylstomach' for the Kitchen riddle?

• Options
    I think looking back I'd rather go with an ebum vote. These 3 kills seem to be related:
    Matev wrote: »
    Night 6: Isolation

In the kitchen, people were throwing opening drawers and cabinets, trying to find something previously missed. As they searched, Brody stock still. His head erupted with tendrils as his arms and legs switched places. The survivors in the kitchen managed to force him onto the stove, setting him alight and ending his thrashing. How many were like this?
    Night 5: The Bloodening
    Many milled around the Foyer, trying to exit, though some seemed fascinated by the strange coat on the rack. Green was trying to explain some nuance to the mystery when he doubled over in pain. His top half detached from the lower half, the two pieces scurrying around and scattering partygoers before collapsing into a slurry of gore. How did he die?
    Night 3: No Sense of Right and Wrong
    "Ah yes, even the dead can learn new sensations from us..." Premium hissed as the chains ripped the Skeleton asunder. He turned calmly to the other cowering partygoers, And as for you, Ah-!" He was not able to finish his threat as he split in half from the head to his chest, his upper torso forming a set of jaws as he lurched towards the guests, his arms splitting into tentacles along the fingers. Screeching and gibbering, he finally collapsed into a pile of ooze. Perhaps it was time to move on...
    And since Night 3 the only nights we haven't had a kill like that are A) the night ebum was "voted" off (his mask was but the narration had him "drug away" so not unreasonable he wouldn't get an action that night) and B) last night when ebum was inactive.

Moridin was also inactive yesterday but there isn't a good explanation for him missing a kill day 4 so I think ebum is a more solid lead.

• Options
    Going to go Chamberlain because he's been pretty quiet and

• Options
    I've got nothing else to go on.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    Find a jar with a jackyl stomach in it while searching the kitchen. I wonder if the plant would like to eat that.

I sure don't.

Did you try 'jackylstomach' for the Kitchen riddle?

No luck with that one.

moridin889

• Options
    I'm down with ebum.

Steam
  • Options
    Actually Moridin til he actually talks about the damn puzzle box.

Steam
  • Options
    I can get behind the ebum reasoning and I'd like to have a clear second place. I'm also hesitant to kill the person holding the puzzlebox and risk losing it.

• Options
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Actually Moridin til he actually talks about the damn puzzle box.

It's a timed puzzle. I'm about to attempt it

• Options
    I'm eagerly waiting to hear about your attempt and what the puzzle is all about!

Steam
  • Options
    Oh no! Uhh, this dining room is totally getting foggy too now all of a sudden!

tumblr_nd6ntb3XtR1s2wio8o1_500.gif

Steam
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I hope the box has a book inside

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    I think our hopes are dashed. I don't think I'm beating the high score

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I've actually been inactive two nights.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    But yeah you basically have to assemble the puzzlebox. And the only time before mine was pretty fast. Or Im slow.

• Options
    I've actually been inactive two nights.

Then how aren't you dead?