Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

1939495969799»

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    Man if the meta is slow enough that you can spend turn 7 making a 5 mana no-impact play, that's gonna see play. That's a gigantic bundle of stats.
    One problem I have is that it kind of works against itself. If you can afford to run it, you're probably playing a deck with a lot of spells and big dudes, and it's not adding any value when your Ysera is 9/17 before it gets polymorphed/executed/etc.

I can see it being in C'Thun decks maybe.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    That's a good point, +10 to your C'thun would be pretty sweet.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    I feel being not being able to decide which minion gets buffed is the biggest downer.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Don Hancho is... interesting.

I say that because he's a boring legendary, but it's a very strong effect. I'm sure he'll see play in handbuff decks, I mean. I'm just kinda disappointed after all the hyping for Don Hancho that it was just, yknow, this.

ANYWAY, +5/+5 and a 5/6 body for 7 mana is pretty good. Even if that buff lands on a 1 mana 1/1, guess what, now it's a 1 mana 6/6. That's fucking good.

My only worry is that playing Don Hancho really telegraphs to your opponent what you're gonna be doing next turn. Like, imagine playing out Don Hancho and then your +5/+5'd Big Boy... aaaaand it gets Executed. Or SW:D'd. Or Hexed. Worse still if it lands on a high value minion like Highmane, right?

Maybe that's good, maybe that's bad. It can pave the way for other fatties that can't be removed instead.

Dunno! I think that's a strong card, definitely playable.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    3clipse wrote: »
    Man if the meta is slow enough that you can spend turn 7 making a 5 mana no-impact play, that's gonna see play. That's a gigantic bundle of stats.
    One problem I have is that it kind of works against itself. If you can afford to run it, you're probably playing a deck with a lot of spells and big dudes, and it's not adding any value when your Ysera is 9/17 before it gets polymorphed/executed/etc.

Why would you be playing it in a deck with other big dudes? The buff deck is (most likely) entirely about buffing your cheap stuff so you can fart out like three 5/5s on turn 6 or something.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I think Hancho will see play because that is just so many stats.

He may only fit in a select few decks, classes that have extremely strong control tendencies. But the body is reasonable and no matter what he lands on you're going to get major value out of it. Warrior and maybe paladin can get away with that kind of slow game.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I think he'll only matter if you land the buff on a taunt or charge tbh, or a nice utility minion (like armorsmith)

if you hit a minion that just sits there without doing anything it's too bad tempo-wise

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Hunter legendary revealed.

ce8325c6-200x287.png

Certainly is interesting.

I could see this being good. With the threat of Houndmaster it's another one of these "must be dealt with immediately" cards, and it's likely to trade well against what's likely to be on board going into turn 5. It also helps the hunter with board control while maintaining face pressure, which fits the hunter theme well. I like it.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    The subreddit is sooo butthurt about Hancho.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    as a reveal it's super lame

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    You would think by now they would understand which cards they should be hyping up.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    discovering 2-3 dragons a game is just insane. they are reliably good which is apparent but you also like, always get a win condition of one kind or another.

edit- I've been saving dust for eventually pimping my freeze deck out the rest of the way and of course the new expansion but damn if netherspite historian doesn't beg to be shiny

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I'm really hoping that Grimestreet and Priest take off. Decks with a slow early game and a board focused mid/lategame are Freeze fodder.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    @MNC Dover you got the new thread smell opening ready? We're pretty close to it.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    I'm really hoping that Grimestreet and Priest take off. Decks with a slow early game and a board focused mid/lategame are Freeze fodder.

I'm hoping for the freeze nerf because I have spare ice blocks.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    You would think by now they would understand which cards they should be hyping up.
    not only that, they intentionally slowed down the reveal timer for him compared to other cards so that more people had to click the reveal button on the site

sombra arg card when

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    It kind of feels like every other card is just "buff dudes in your hand." Where's like, a minion with a battlecry to pick a card from your hand and discard it, and then the opponent takes damage based on the mana cost or something? (this idea exists because I imagine the way it animates as the discarded card being thrown directly at the opponent's face)
    Where is the variety?

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Cromarty wrote: »
    It kind of feels like every other card is just "buff dudes in your hand." Where's like, a minion with a battlecry to pick a card from your hand and discard it, and then the opponent takes damage based on the mana cost or something? (this idea exists because I imagine the way it animates as the discarded card being thrown directly at the opponent's face)
    Where is the variety?

I believe we've only seen a small fraction of the cards, yeah? Maybe they are intentionally trying to show some synergy with similar mechanics

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    FYI all, Disguised Toast's stream is great.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page