Options

[Hearthstone] Mean Streets of Gadgetzan arrives Dec 1st!

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Has there ever been a card that better illustrates the advantage you get going first than Small-Time Buccaneer? Unless player two coins out removal, they end up facing a 3/2 (and a 1/1, most likely).

Also, replaced Prep with Counterfeit Coin because I am bad and Rogue is hard. Really good! Works well with minion-heavy decks like Jade.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Small Time Buccaneer is such a bullshit card, man.

It's Cogmaster 2.0 but with zero counterplay outside of having Ooze in your opening hand. And that's kind of asking a lot. Cogmaster would at least revert to a 1/2 if you killed any mechs on board allowing for better trades.

So otherwise it's a neutral Flame Imp without the self 3 damage battlecry.

Jesus christ what an insane card. I don't know who at Team 5 thought it was a good idea to print a neutral 1 mana 3/2. Fuck that shit, man.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Of course, rope me on the last turn when you have lethal that I can't possibly know you have in your hand.

God. Seriously. So much BM on ladder this week.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    Has there ever been a card that better illustrates the advantage you get going first than Small-Time Buccaneer? Unless player two coins out removal, they end up facing a 3/2 (and a 1/1, most likely).

Also, replaced Prep with Counterfeit Coin because I am bad and Rogue is hard. Really good! Works well with minion-heavy decks like Jade.

Undertaker

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    A secrets mage with 28 spells and a Medivh and a Malzahar to pad out the minions - will this work?

• Options
    edited December 2016
    emnmnme wrote: »
    A secrets mage with 28 spells and a Medivh and a Malzahar to pad out the minions - will this work?

Make it Barnes and Y'Shaarj instead?

Edit: Also, no.

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

no

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    No serious deck runs Malchezaar. His only purpose is to extend the lifetime of super slow fatigue decks.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Meta already feels like it's stratifying into aggro pirate warrior, jade idol druid, and dragon priest, with the occasional reno deck or handbuff paladin.

That's unfortunate, because aggro pirate and jade idol decks are both quite boring to play against. They've either got the nuts and you're going to get run over, or they don't and you're probably going to beat them.

Ruh roh.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    No serious deck runs Malchezaar. His only purpose is to extend the lifetime of super slow fatigue decks.

I've been tossing around the idea of using him in Reno decks. He won't add leggos that are already in the deck, so I don't see the harm.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    Adding cards to your deck decreases it's consistency. Ideally you keep your deck as small as possible so you can include only the best cards for your strategy which is why deck thinning effects are so powerful.

Reno decks are already less consistent because they can't run doubles, adding random cards that may or may not even be playable doesn't help.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    webber wrote: »
    Also Kazakus is such a great card. Unless I have Solia in hand, making a 5 mana spell will generally get you 8-10 mana worth of effects.

yeah if you are facing down a board of 4 health it's very likely you can clear it and get 2 summons or some card draw on that turn (assuming full mana)
    webber wrote: »
    @Variable Are your playing Solia in you're Reno Mage deck? She has been doing great work in mine.

yes

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I'm fiercely hoping that Jade Rogue is bad for no reason other than that it would mean Blizz was wrong.

I think it punishes slow decks worse than Jade Druid, frankly.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I can't believe Dog is already legendary. I have no idea how to be that good at this game.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I can't believe Dog is already legendary. I have no idea how to be that good at this game.

being paid to stream goes a long way

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

A guy on my friends list is at #19 legend in Europe.

• Options

And with his dank meme shadow priest deck too

what the heck dogger

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Have your job be playing the game.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »

I'm not sure that would help me, frankly.

• Options

Skill at Hearthstone is mostly about having played enough to know the optimal move in most situations. So if you played for 10 or 12 hours a day you'd eventually be as good as the rest.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

Skill at Hearthstone is mostly about having played enough to know the optimal move in most situations. So if you played for 10 or 12 hours a day you'd eventually be as good as the rest.

also playing midrange shaman

steam_sig.png
  • Options

also playing midrange shaman

It's aggro pirate warrior and slash or jade idol druid we're mad about now!

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Playing a brawl, opponent at 4 health draws flame leviathan, which hits them for 2, then me for 2, which activates my eye for an eye that hits them for 2 again. Brilliant.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Oh my god, Firebat's playing Pirate Rogue with Gang Up on Patches right now, squeeeeeee!

It's as adorable as I dreamed.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    jade rogue is real
    TQWPEw5.png

that was his turn 7. he hit a jade lotus off his swashburglar :/

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Everytime I see a rogue running counterfeit coin, my druid heart weeps for my rogue sisters.

Roz on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    well you'd be weeping if they had innervate too

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    Friendly Reminder:

dd9q519zaldf.png

76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Playing Barnes Y'Shaarj Hunter because I got tired of just being out-tempoed every game.

Priest plays Mass Dispel to silence my Y'Shaarj because god forbid it should summon any more minions.

Plays Mindgames the next turn and then the sudden realisation when he gets the 0/1 for the Whiff because of course there are no minions left in my deck.

Deck still works. Call of the Wild being 9 mana doesn't seem to have changed that much actually.

... may use this as my ladder deck this month.

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    Tried playing some Dragon Priest to beat Pirate Warrior, but I can't handle auto losing to Jade Druid. Smorc is the only way forward.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Tried playing some Dragon Priest to beat Pirate Warrior, but I can't handle auto losing to Jade Druid. Smorc is the only way forward.

What decklist were you running...? I went 6-1 against Jade Druid with Dragon Priest today.

Their removal isn't good enough to deal with all your large, beefy midgame dudes. I saw StrifeCro doing well in the matchup on stream the other day, as well.

edit: You do have to play as the beatdown, though, and do stuff like use SWD for tempo.

Also Dragon Priest mirror is a hilarious clown fiesta now. It's all about Netherspite Historians and Drakonid Operative and who gets more Drakonids. I played one game today where I ended up playing 7 or 8? And had more in hand when my opponent conceded.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    https://clips.twitch.tv/hsdogdog/VivaciousLobsterJonCarnage

Poor Dogger on the recieving end of a CUH-RAAAAAZY COMBO

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options

What decklist were you running...? I went 6-1 against Jade Druid with Dragon Priest today.

Their removal isn't good enough to deal with all your large, beefy midgame dudes. I saw StrifeCro doing well in the matchup on stream the other day, as well.

Reynad's list: http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/reynads-dragon-priest-ft-wrathion-mean-streets-of-gadgetzan/

Had a guy whose turn 9 was Fandral > Jade Idol > Innervate > Nourish > Raven Idol > Jade Idol > Jade Idol

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    For some reason I thought Patch's thing was "As long as he isn't in your hand, you'll summon him everytime you play a pirate."

Ahwell.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Reynad's list: http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/reynads-dragon-priest-ft-wrathion-mean-streets-of-gadgetzan/

Had a guy whose turn 9 was Fandral > Jade Idol > Innervate > Nourish > Raven Idol > Jade Idol > Jade Idol

Reynad's decklist is...weird. Faerie Dragon is a really bad card in a grindy mid-range deck. I don't like Northshire as a 2-of. Second one is worthless too frequently. Netherspite Historian is too good to not run (gives you low curve minions in fast matches, huge dudes in slow ones, extra Drakonid Operatives [which are themselves the whole reason to run the deck]).

Also not running 2x SWD and 1x Entomb is madness, no wonder this list struggles against anything slower than aggro pirates, its spot removal for anything larger than 3 attack is flat out non-existent.

Also not running Brann is weird? He's so good with so many cards in Dragon Priest.

For reference, here's a list I went 13-7 with today. Small sample size, but losses were mostly down to my opponent drawing the nuts (which you'll never beat) or misplays in retrospect. I think it has a lot of potential with some tuning.

9bckubf5hv3w.jpg

The way it beats Jade Druid is by just flooding the board with stuff they can't efficiently get rid of and tempo-ing out their Golems with your removal cards.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    For some reason I thought Patch's thing was "As long as he isn't in your hand, you'll summon him everytime you play a pirate."

Ahwell.

Oh my god that would be the most hilariously, deliciously broken thing.

• Options
    If Patches worked like that he could be a 10 mana 1/1 and still be broken as fuck.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    This is why I love Reno Mage. I'll give you two guesses as to the outcome.
    gfnemysaglwb.jpg

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    If Patches worked like that he could be a 10 mana 1/1 and still be broken as fuck.

He could be a 30 mana 1/1 and it would still be not even remotely balanced.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Divine Favour is still bogus, fyi

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
This discussion has been closed.