Options

The 2017 Sexiest Dictator [chat]

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    King Abdullah II bin Al Hussein, King of Jordan
    spool32 wrote: »
    My dad's parents didn't consider themselves racist because they ate with black folks at the same table and paid them the same wage as the white people at their business, and didn't use the n word in front of them.

Mom's mother was much more concerned about protestants (she was soooo New England Catholic omg) than she was about any other races. She'd married a guy who was a quarter Mexican and who's father was named Juan Martinez.

I mean, to be fair, was she wrong?

Filthy heathens the lot of them.

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I've honestly considered just making the jump to $650 and applying for this fucking place, because it's only $50 more, 460 Sq ft, and fucking gorgeous.

edit: snip

I'm not even looking for an apartment and I'm salivating…

A Kobold's Kobold on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Putting in foam earplugs properly is tough

I'm right handed so I can do my right ear without much trouble

After a dozen tries, I more or less have the left one properly seated. Mostly.

Anyone got a trick? You're supposed to pull up and out on the top of your ear in order to straighten out the ear canal, but other than that, is it just a muscle memory thing?

Do you try and use your off-hand, or do you do some weird cross-body thing with your dominant hand

I compress them into a point, like a spike, push them in, then lightly put my fingers over my ears while they expand.

If you're right handed, do you attempt to use your right hand on your left ear?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Seal wrote: »
    Weight classes in WWE have always seemed a little wide.

yeah there's like

two weight classes

there's Cruiserweights, which is 205 lbs. and under and are their own division with their own title

and then like... everything else, which is kind of hilarious

the Cruiserweight Division is actually a lot of fun to watch because the small guys are hyper-athletic and the matches are more competitive in appearance than one-sided murders like that one

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Vladimir Putin, President of Russia
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Is that a studio or a 1bed?

Either way places like that are 900+ here.

The mountains being pretty is not worth this.

Studio, which is kind of what I'm looking for so I don't have to buy all kinds of furniture.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Putting in foam earplugs properly is tough

I'm right handed so I can do my right ear without much trouble

After a dozen tries, I more or less have the left one properly seated. Mostly.

Anyone got a trick? You're supposed to pull up and out on the top of your ear in order to straighten out the ear canal, but other than that, is it just a muscle memory thing?

Do you try and use your off-hand, or do you do some weird cross-body thing with your dominant hand

I compress them into a point, like a spike, push them in, then lightly put my fingers over my ears while they expand.

If you're right handed, do you attempt to use your right hand on your left ear?

no man, like same time, like you're plugging your ears.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Wait, 1bed with washer/dryer connections? Goddammit, now I'm jealous!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    My dad's parents didn't consider themselves racist because they ate with black folks at the same table and paid them the same wage as the white people at their business, and didn't use the n word in front of them.

Mom's mother was much more concerned about protestants (she was soooo New England Catholic omg) than she was about any other races. She'd married a guy who was a quarter Mexican and who's father was named Juan Martinez.

My grandad was the same way... like he grew up in the deep south and I heard the n word more than once from him, but not like regularly, just enough that he didn't feel like it was insulting.

However, he was one of the first white men to hire a black man to work a gravel pump over a white man and literally stared down a lynch mob over it like that scene in Tombstone, true story.

He said "I don't care what color a man's skin is, I care if he can do the job better than another man"

So I mean was he likely racist by today's standards, yes, absolutely. Will I ever judge him for it? No. He faced down a gun barrel and came out standing over his right to hire a black man in the 50s

yeah, the situation was a lot different.

My first job was working for the janitor at the nursing home my grandparents owned. V scandalous around town for the boss to put his grandson under the (black) janitor, literally bottom rung of the whole company. Your grandson working for one of those? However it earned him piles of respect from the (almost entirely) black staff at his business. He looked at things differently though... his own uncle was killed in the 40s for sleeping with a black woman. Somehow he managed to commit suicide with a shotgun that was found two rooms away. Talented guy, great uncle Johnny.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I've honestly considered just making the jump to $650 and applying for this fucking place, because it's only $50 more, 460 Sq ft, and fucking gorgeous.

iip5eab71ewu.jpg

I'm not even looking for an apartment and I'm salivating…

Ikr??

I'm trying to pinch pennies here and I know I'll end up in a heap I hate.

It fits nicely with my 25%/mo income limit, I don't know why I keep looking elsewhere.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Wait, 1bed with washer/dryer connections? Goddammit, now I'm jealous!

Studio with a combo washer dryer in the unit.

bsz3en3mplrd.jpg

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    there's a very good chance that Braun Strowman may win the Royal Rumble

I am excited about this, I like Braun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIzxjDlBFco

I keep hearing that he can't actually wrestle

Like in the sense that his skills don't really seem to extend past being big and picking people up

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i like my apartment. it just needs to be way cheaper.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

My grandad was the same way... like he grew up in the deep south and I heard the n word more than once from him, but not like regularly, just enough that he didn't feel like it was insulting.

However, he was one of the first white men to hire a black man to work a gravel pump over a white man and literally stared down a lynch mob over it like that scene in Tombstone, true story.

He said "I don't care what color a man's skin is, I care if he can do the job better than another man"

So I mean was he likely racist by today's standards, yes, absolutely. Will I ever judge him for it? No. He faced down a gun barrel and came out standing over his right to hire a black man in the 50s

yeah, the situation was a lot different.

My first job was working for the janitor at the nursing home my grandparents owned. V scandalous around town for the boss to put his grandson under the (black) janitor, literally bottom rung of the whole company. Your grandson working for one of those? However it earned him piles of respect from the (almost entirely) black staff at his business. He looked at things differently though... his own uncle was killed in the 40s for sleeping with a black woman. Somehow he managed to commit suicide with a shotgun that was found two rooms away. Talented guy, great uncle Johnny.

A trick shooter to the last.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I bought one of those weekly pill reminder cases the other night. I am full old lady now

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »

The key is to live in a boring af place and be easily amused by the midwest, and tolerate horrible winters.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Alexander Lukashenko, President of Belarus
    shryke wrote: »

heretics is the better word, no?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

well I wouldn't expect the opposite statement

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Pony wrote: »
    there's a very good chance that Braun Strowman may win the Royal Rumble

I am excited about this, I like Braun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIzxjDlBFco

I keep hearing that he can't actually wrestle

Like in the sense that his skills don't really seem to extend past being big and picking people up

he's super green

it's not necessarily that he can't wrestle, it's that he's a rookie and prrrrrrobably isn't ready to be thrust into the main event scene like he is

he might need a little more time in the oven

he's a charismatic dude who can work his character really well, and he's got outstanding physical presence, but from a technical perspective he's limited and heavily reliant on more skilled opponents like Sami Zayn or Seth Rollins to carry him to good matches

so like, should he win the Rumble and main event Mania? no, objectively probably not, he's really green and probably isn't ready for that

but i dunno, i like the guy

he's basically like if Gregor Clegane was a pro wrestler and something about that is great

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Simon you have a sexy problem here.

• Options

The key is to live in a boring af place and be easily amused by the midwest, and tolerate horrible winters.

i already live in a boring af place. it was -20 last week and it snowed a foot :<

but also i'm just a few miles from i-25, 20m to fort collins, under an hour to boulder or denver

bnut i never fucking go to those places! so i'm paying for proximity that i don't use

maybe in a year or two i'll look at moving to a more bumblefuck part of colorado with the same payscale and cheaper rent

• Options
    shryke wrote: »

as a protestant,

she was dead right. :)

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    kedinik wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    All my racist grandmas are dead

I'm not saying I killed them, but

They're dead
    That still sounds ominous.

No, look, he's not saying he killed them

You're not listening!
    But he didn't say he wasn't responsible.

zepherin on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Every time I see a 400+ square foot apartment all I think is that if I'm ever single again I'm building a cabin in the woods and just driving to work from there.

• Options

i already live in a boring af place. it was -20 last week and it snowed a foot :<

but also i'm just a few miles from i-25, 20m to fort collins, under an hour to boulder or denver

bnut i never fucking go to those places! so i'm paying for proximity that i don't use

maybe in a year or two i'll look at moving to a more bumblefuck part of colorado with the same payscale and cheaper rent

All I need is decent Internet, a decent IMAX, a few good restaurants, and a decent proximity to Colorado.

You know, for reasons.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Every time I see a 400+ square foot apartment all I think is that if I'm ever single again I'm building a cabin in the woods and just driving to work from there.
    Wait. Don't you already have a cabin in the woods?

• Options

but you think that all the time anyway.

Toast slightly overdone? Fuck this I'm moving to the Blue Ridge

• Options
    Wait. Don't you already have a cabin in the woods?

I have access to one. I don't own it.

• Options

but you think that all the time anyway.

Toast slightly overdone? Fuck this I'm moving to the Blue Ridge

I disagree with your post! ::starts chopping down trees::

• Options
    electricity is bullshit! Will you just look at this toast?

The modern world is a hellscape.

• Options
    the current house my wife and i live in is almost too much house for us

we share it with her parents, and that's good, because it's absurdly large for me, it's the biggest house i've ever lived in by a wide margin

our bedroom + walk-in closet + ensuite bathroom is bigger than some whole apartments I've lived in

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Hassan Rouhani, President of Iran
    I just finished my apartment hunt and I am so excited. The people in the new building are super nice and my new place is 1200 sq ft (112 sq m) with a giant kitchen, a deck, two bedrooms, a living room, dining room, pantry...

It's barely more than I'm paying now at $2950. It's a serious steal for Boston. Plus I save a ton because I'm not paying for it by myself. Boyfriend is moving in.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    The prospect of moving is causing stress because there is little I can do to plan, since I can't have a floor plan until I've found a place and finding a place requires knowing what's gonna be open and actually I should just ignore it and study or something, since I can't do anything

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    All my racist grandmas are dead

I'm not saying I killed them, but

They're dead
    That still sounds ominous.

No, look, he's not saying he killed them

You're not listening!
    But he didn't say he wasn't responsible.

https://youtu.be/-yUafzOXHPE?t=1m29s

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    I just finished my apartment hunt and I am so excited. The people in the new building are super nice and my new place is 1200 sq ft (112 sq m) with a giant kitchen, a deck, two bedrooms, a living room, dining room, pantry...

It's barely more than I'm paying now at $2950. It's a serious steal for Boston. Plus I save a ton because I'm not paying for it by myself. Boyfriend is moving in.

be honest are you paying more than half

if so, how is he 'paying' the difference

• Options
    It's going to be so nice in about 5 years when I'm 40 and living on 50 acres and growing my own crops and hunting/trapping the land but still coming in at night to post with you fools.

• Options
    although I do know a lot of people who don't like their apartments - or shouldn't but are resigned to it - and pay way too much

"So this is your place. It's erm...

...cozy?"

"it was a gestapo cell during the war, that's why it's bare concrete without windows, heating or furnishings"

"and rent...?"

"all my money per month"

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

yay!

also yeah, that's not bad for Boston

I remember looking for 1BR when I was looking at moving there at they weren't much cheaper than that

• Options
    part of me wishes i would have not gotten this apartment and just paid like 650 bucks or something for one bedroom in a 4 br house with some family.

but also i fucking love having a gourmet kitchen and being close to work and the hardwood and not dealing with other people's pets and stuff

really the solution is just for me to make more money :P

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Rent costs are going to make me homeless one of these days

• Options

$2950?

Yeah uh I uh holy what I am such a sheltered hick because holy fucking shit

This discussion has been closed.