Options

The 2017 Sexiest Dictator [chat]

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    It was very considerate of that lightning go out of its way to avoid striking the city and all

there's a fish down there that owes god money

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Joseph Kabila, President of the Democratic Republic of Congo
    Gator wrote: »
    scary gator noises

I'm the only one who's voted for the Tadjikistan guy

those eyebrows are on fleek

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Why did you leave Jill Stein off the ballot what's your agenda

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    wait a minute @Hakkekage are you STILL using a Christmas avatar

ban this sick filth

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    King Abdullah II bin Al Hussein, King of Jordan
    shryke wrote: »
    Suburbs are the worst. Living in one is literally gonna kill me since I walk like 1/10th of what I used to. It's all car car car mall car.

When I lived in one I'd eat dinner and then go out for a tremendously long walk and listen to audio books or podcasts. I actually kind of miss that having moved to an urban area. It was so quiet after 8pm.

With only 1 car per person and a baby to watch the suburbs are prison-like. Especially in the winter. Nowhere you could go to. Fucking real suburbs don't really even have anywhere to bike to. I didn't grow up in the heart of downtown but I was in the city enough anything you wanted was only like 15 minutes bike away at the least. Out here it's a fucking neverending wasteland of houses.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Well fwiw after Friday it'll just be a nuclear wasteland

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiHz3Xe_9Tc

okay I take back anything I said about veganism not being some kind of crazy cult

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    I ate way, way too much rip me

• Options
    I kinda know how those evangelicals that thought the world was gonna end on a specific day felt. I kinda want to max out all my credit and just ride this out in hedonism

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Alexander Lukashenko, President of Belarus
    "vegan margarine"

free.png

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Ludious wrote: »
    I kinda know how those evangelicals that thought the world was gonna end on a specific day felt. I kinda want to max out all my credit and just ride this out in hedonism

how they felt?

...pretty stupid when the world didn't actually end?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I ate drank way, way too much rip me

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    "vegan margarine"

free.png

gotta be careful with that kind of claim, tho

if you start slapping "DOES NOT CONTAIN RAT FECES" on your candy bar wrapper it's like

wait

wait why are you doing that now

did your candy bar contain rat feces before and this is some kind of new initiative

• Options
    Yeah but they ruined their lives to be doomsayers and be all jesusy. I'd live at Disney World until the cards ran out

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I ate drank way, way too much rip me

usually, but this time I figured I'd mix it up a bit

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Well fwiw after Friday it'll just be a nuclear wasteland

h1ufl01.png

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    DUE <3

Come back soon!

When you're ready of course :bro:

• Options
    there was a millennium-suicide cult back in 1999 in Ontario that got busted when one of their members went to the cops after getting kicked out of the cult

turns out the reason he got kicked out is he decided to go fuckin' ham on his credit cards, take out lines of credit, just really go wild with livin' it up since, y'know, world's ending right?

except no, he wasn't supposed to do that, he was supposed to live very simply and quietly and love jesus and give all his wealth over to the cult's leader who would use it to prepare for the reckoning (and not at all be the one who didn't kill himself and just fucked off with all the dead people's money)

so the cult gave him the bootski for being impious about the apocalypse, and he was upset about this and went to the authorities

nobody actually killed themselves related to the cult, as it turns out when the police raided the place and interviewed people and shit very few members of the cult were true believers genuinely interested in killing themselves or actually believing the end was nigh; many instead were just depressed lonely people who were enjoying the kinship and having sex with each other

whoops

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    King Abdullah II bin Al Hussein, King of Jordan
    Pony wrote: »
    there was a millennium-suicide cult back in 1999 in Ontario that got busted when one of their members went to the cops after getting kicked out of the cult

turns out the reason he got kicked out is he decided to go fuckin' ham on his credit cards, take out lines of credit, just really go wild with livin' it up since, y'know, world's ending right?

except no, he wasn't supposed to do that, he was supposed to live very simply and quietly and love jesus and give all his wealth over to the cult's leader who would use it to prepare for the reckoning (and not at all be the one who didn't kill himself and just fucked off with all the dead people's money)

so the cult gave him the bootski for being impious about the apocalypse, and he was upset about this and went to the authorities

nobody actually killed themselves related to the cult, as it turns out when the police raided the place and interviewed people and shit very few members of the cult were true believers genuinely interested in killing themselves or actually believing the end was nigh; many instead were just depressed lonely people who were enjoying the kinship and having sex with each other

whoops

Join a cult you say?

• Options
    shryke wrote: »

whoops

Join a cult you say?

that was basically everyone's takeaway when the news broke about it

"oh huh i guess if i could've just joined a millennium cult to get free sex i probably would've done that back in 99 when it was cool"

• Options
    "vegan margarine"

free.png

if you start slapping "DOES NOT CONTAIN RAT FECES" on your candy bar wrapper it's like

wait

did your candy bar contain rat feces before and this is some kind of new initiative

the resurgence of this tactic seems to be based on the words vegan and gluten

last time loved ones informed me that angrily berating confectionary is not a sign of a stable mind was when a packet of wreath cake bars (kransekakestenger) loudly and proudly said GLUTEN FREE

this annoyed me so much

wreath cake has exactly four ingredients: almonds, sugar, the odd stray needle from those tiny paper norwegian flags we put on them, egg white

original.225x237c.jpg

gluten free

fuck off

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    this motor oil is gluten free chug the fuck away

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    i learned a lot about cults when a good friend of mine got eaten up by scientology

a stunning number of them either blatantly use offers of casual sex as recruitment, or sort of like, imply that you will get laid if you join

whether or not you actually do is a huge diceroll because it turns out a bunch of cults at least in Canada are based around some whacko version of Christianity and thus have really bizarrely puritanical attitudes about sex and so there's no actual casual sex to be had

just a pretty girl who bats her eyes at you to get you to give the leader your social insurance number

• Options
    "vegan margarine"

free.png

wait

the resurgence of this tactic seems to be based on the words vegan and gluten

last time loved ones informed me that angrily berating confectionary is not a sign of a stable mind was when a packet of wreath cake bars (kransekakestenger) loudly and proudly said GLUTEN FREE

this annoyed me so much

wreath cake has exactly four ingredients: almonds, sugar, the odd stray needle from those tiny paper norwegian flags we put on them, egg white

original.225x237c.jpg

gluten free

fuck off

i have seen "gluten free and vegan friendly" on

i shit you not

bottled water

bottled water and the way it is marketed is its own special circle of dante's hell tho

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    abdhy you have the look of a man who might enjoy some gluten-free rice

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    or perhaps a hot mug of gluten-free coffee?

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    kransekakestenger - wreath cake bars - is even simpler since it lacks the decorating thing since it's just the same recipe, but you spent six minutes rolling the dough out because you wanted something to snack on, not decorate a table with, so there's no needles or those things that go pop and there's a terrible joke inside

n4JtxPZh.jpg

they're also a jillion times better since you can eat them when they're fresh out of the oven. Offer the first one to someone else, the gooey inside is p much literally napalm if they're too fresh-out-of-the-oven, test them on a sibling.

anyway, gluten free, you motherfuckers

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    to be fair most brands of margarine do contain trace amounts of dairy products, usually either whey or lactose

that said, please buy my new range of gluten free mousepads

• Options
    kedinik wrote: »
    or perhaps a hot mug of gluten-free coffee?

I will scald your testicles beyond repair

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    how about

asparagus water

• Options
    it cracks me up that coke couldn't get Dasani to catch on in the UK because their marketing people like, could not fucking back down

Dasani is just fuckin' tap water in a bottle, and people cottoned on to this, and Dasani's marketing people tried to be like NUH UH and insisted how much cleaner their stuff was than tap water and in doubling way the fuck down on their filtration methods essentially managed to impugn the British water company that was actually supplying their water, who were like "the water is already clean and safe this is london not tijuana stop being twats"

Dasani got into a shitty fight with them over it and ended up looking like asshats and in the end they just stopped trying to make Dasani a thing in the UK

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    gluten-free blanched testicles?

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Orphane wrote: »
    how about

asparagus water

i like that asparagus water was like, the bridge too far

even for whole foods hipsters

people were like "no fuck off Whole Foods, this is too far" and they backpedaled on that

like you can sell a lot of overpriced nonsense to people but that's an envelope you can only push to a limit

• Options
    homeopathic gluten water

• Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    homeopathic gluten water

homeopathic water is possibly the only homeopathic product i will genuinely consider legitimate

since, y'know

by definition

• Options
    edited January 2017
    it cracks me up that coke couldn't get Dasani to catch on in the UK because their marketing people like, could not fucking back down

Dasani is just fuckin' tap water in a bottle, and people cottoned on to this, and Dasani's marketing people tried to be like NUH UH and insisted how much cleaner their stuff was than tap water and in doubling way the fuck down on their filtration methods essentially managed to impugn the British water company that was actually supplying their water, who were like "the water is already clean and safe this is london not tijuana stop being twats"

Dasani got into a shitty fight with them over it and ended up looking like asshats and in the end they just stopped trying to make Dasani a thing in the UK

oh yeah that story is fucking hilarious.

I mean not only did they claim that their bottled tap water was better than other tap water because it was filtered - which the water company already does - but they managed to fuck up so bad that their extra, entirely unnecessary filtration process added illegally high concentrations of a carcinogenic

also, they launched with the slogan "bottled spunk"

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options

legitimately laughed out loud at this one

• Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    homeopathic gluten water

homeopathic water is possibly the only homeopathic product i will genuinely consider legitimate

since, y'know

by definition

au contraire

if my bottles of homeopathic water turns out to actually be filled with water, how is it homeopathic? This is a ripoff!

if my bottles of homeopathic water turns out to actually be filled with air, how is it water this is etc

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

oh yeah that story is fucking hilarious.

I mean not only did they claim that their bottled tap water was better than other tap water because it was filtered - which the water company already does - but they managed to fuck up so bad that their extra, entirely unnecessary filtration process added illegally high concentrations of a carcinogenic

also, they launched with the slogans "bottled spunk"

yyyyyeah

everything with Dasani's attempt at getting into the UK is like a textbook case of What Not To Do

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    There's one sample of cake left to eat

So much cake

This discussion has been closed.