Options

The Trump Administration Thread Is Now Happening

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    how incoherent is this fucking speech going to be

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    So did roberts mess up the oath of office again I was not able to watch.

• Options
    RhahRhah Registered User regular
    Perfect. Rain falling. Tears for our future.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Haha, he gets up to speak and it starts raining.

• Options
    ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    The only thing getting me through hearing his bullcrap is the "pulling hankies from his nose" that I'm superimposing in my mind every time he does that stupid finger gesture.

Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Well he didn't write a word of this.

• Options
    KaputaKaputa Registered User regular
    When Trump started talking I just started laughing uncontrollably for like a minute straight

May or may not have gone insane

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Oh, now we get to the demagoguery

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Why are these uniforms lining up behind him?

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    The only thing getting me through hearing his bullcrap is the "pulling hankies from his nose" that I'm superimposing in my mind every time he does that stupid finger gesture.

Ok now I can't unsee it. This might just get me through the next 4 years.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Oh man this speech is as shitty as I could have imagined.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    So, stump speech?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    Why are these uniforms lining up behind him?

Those are the doormen.

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Ah, so now we get to hear the next Big Lie.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Everybody hold your breath for four years.

• Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    WELCOME TO TRUMP'S AMERICA!

gg no re see u in 8

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    It's the dawn of a new era. An uglier, more bigoted era where the most vulnerable will be stepped on for ideological reasons.

The world has become both more parochial and more unstable as the US continues the trend seen across Europe.

Welcome to the new world, everyone.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Geth detected banned alias
    Reason: Doodleage

Obsolete technology serves no purpose here.
    Natasha Lee

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Holy crap this is bad.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    Haha, he gets up to speak and it starts raining.

Reminds me a lot of how Harry Potter 5 starts with Harry thinking that the colossal downpour as they arrive at Hogwarts is truly fitting.

I'm not watching this fascist cheeto lie through his teeth to be sworn in, so you guys are my source of how awful this is.

• Options
    ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular

Ok now I can't unsee it. This might just get me through the next 4 years.

Anything to spread a little light in these dark times.

Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    This othering.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Holy fuck, this is... crystallized.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Cognitive Dissonance should be an actual painful, possibly lethal, thing.

How can you honestly get up and say that "this is the people being given back power" after naming every CEO that take one a cabinet-level advisor?

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    This is awful... It's actually worse than I imagined

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Oh hey it's a vision of America as a wasteland. Apparently the US is a post-apocalyptic hellhole.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Is this one of those speeches where Trump pretends he won the popular vote and redefines "the people" to mean "the non-plurality who voted for me"?

Couscous on
  • Options
    The education system is flush with cash?

*looks around* Huh.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    You know, if he follows through on what this speech says, it's going to be a great 4 years. Really, it's full of great platitu...

Never mind, "the inner city is full of drugs and gangs... this carnage stops right now"

Fuck

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    What the fuck is this

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Cognitive Dissonance should be an actual painful, possibly lethal, thing.

How can you honestly get up and say that "this is the people being given back power" after naming every CEO that take one a cabinet-level advisor?

Because in their eyes only the rich are people. The poors are subhumans.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    So hey

Elon Musk.

Let's maybe abscond to Mars.

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    What nation does Trump think he just became President of? Because I certainly don't recognize this dystopian landscape he's describing. Not yet, at least.

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    Oh man this is Fuck You to the whole world in triplicate.

• Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    Ok, I get the sniffing now. He doesn't take enough pauses to inhale normally.

• Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Fuck this lying hateful sentient rat's nest.

• Options
    Wait, when did we not defend our borders?

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Hoz wrote: »
    Ok, I get the sniffing now. He doesn't take enough pauses to inhale normally.

It's not glue?

• Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    You know, if he follows through on what this speech says, it's going to be a great 4 years. Really, it's full of great platitu...

Never mind, "the inner city is full of drugs and gangs... this carnage stops right now"

Fuck

In Cleveland gang related violence has seen a dramatic uptick and the drug problem is so bad (re: heroine and fentanyl) that it is constantly talked about on NPR and there are billboards posting for help everywhere.

Let's ... make that not a problem...? Somehow?

This discussion has been closed.