Options

[Western Animation] Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey...Awoo-oo!

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Regular Show's finale was pretty pitch perfect.

The ending made me tear up a bit.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Regular Show's finale was pretty pitch perfect.

The ending made me tear up a bit.

Me too. I can't remember the last time a show ended on such a strong note.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Mr. Maellard's expression when everyone was leaving the park killed me.

Also:
    Pops wrote:
    This is a happy ending, Rigby

I'm not crying. You're crying. It's just dust. And ninjas cutting onions.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i kind of weirdly like that Mordecai didn't end up with
    CJ or Margret.

because that's super sad and it was the opposite of fan service.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    CJ or Margret.

Its less sad when you realize
    Mordecai marries a goth vampire Bat. Who else could relate to a Moody artist that stays up all night? Also If you look at his art he used it to parse out his feelings for CJ and Margret .

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    CJ or Margret.

Mordecai marries a goth vampire Bat. Who else could relate to a Moody artist that stays up all night? Also If you look at his art he used it to parse out his feelings for CJ and Margret .

Oh, a bat. I thought that was a weird hedgehog or something.

• Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    CJ or Margret.

I really liked that cause the entire epilogue felt like everyone finding peace with themselves and moving on with life? Like that he didn't end up with
    either of them after all the drama and instead several years later meets someone who he does settle down with is weirdly satisfying?
    It felt real and kinda, y'know, "regular" in a satisfying way.

EidolonOrpheus on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Yeah, it felt real, like the best moments of Regular Show often did.

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Just watched the regular show finale.
    What a perfect way to end the show, and to get me to tear up.

I'm going to miss the park and it's employees.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    WinklebottomWinklebottom Registered User regular
    As Pops would say "Jolly Good Show"

• Options
    Now, where's the full series Blu-Ray collectors edition they spent a full episode telling me about?

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    The format wars stuff they did is hilarious.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    If you give a shit about that damn Emoji movie, Patrick Stuart has been cast as Poop. Bunch of other casting for that, the Smurf revival, and Star (which is apparently a retelling of the Nativity Story from the POV of the animals) is here.

Oh, and the Spider-Man animated movie is still happening, with Miles Morales no less.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    The Star has a solid cast, I just don't know if they can pull it off. In this current Hollywood climate, it seems like it will get very preachy and very condescending about the whole thing.

• Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    If you give a shit about that damn Emoji movie, Patrick Stuart has been cast as Poop. Bunch of other casting for that, the Smurf revival, and Star (which is apparently a retelling of the Nativity Story from the POV of the animals) is here.

Oh, and the Spider-Man animated movie is still happening, with Miles Morales no less.

God damnit.
    Now I might actually give a shit about the movie.

Not enough to watch it in theaters, but maybe enough to catch it once it hits TV.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »

God damnit.
    Now I might actually give a shit about the movie.

Not enough to watch it in theaters, but maybe enough to catch it once it hits TV.

It's weird that casting someone who sounds sophisticated as "Poop" seems like the obvious, safe choice.

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Just watched the Regular Show finale.

Ahhhhhhhh my feelings!

• Options
    see317 wrote: »
    Now, where's the full series Blu-Ray collectors edition they spent a full episode telling me about?

Buried in a park.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    FYI: Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc is going off of Netflix next month, so you have just over a week if you want to watch what's arguably the best Scooby Doo series.

Opty on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    FYI: Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc is going off of Netflix next month, so you have just over a week if you want to watch what's arguably the best Scooby Doo series.

Such sights you will see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yf2us_gN9Q

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Samurai Jack returns... March 11! Less than two months!

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I don't even like Scooby Doo but I loved mystery incorporated

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    For anyone that cares, Butch Hartman has been teasing a Danny Phantom revival for the past few months. He also recently described a possible premise ("There's a secret paradise hidden in the Ghost Zone with scattered clues leading to it").

• Options
    Adventure Time is back! Which i didn't even know was happening yesterday, despite watching Cartoon Network about 2 hours before the season premiere (was playing MadWorld at the time instead).

What the shit, CN? They're advertising new Gumball and new Steven Universe...

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm mad I missed monday's adventure time. Not a single peep from Cartoon Network about the new season, but they'll keeping repeating new Titans Go episodes on friday nights during every commercial break.

• Options
    You can buy the entire Adventure timevIsland miniseries on dvd right now.

So beware spoilers

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    Adventure Time is back! Which i didn't even know was happening yesterday, despite watching Cartoon Network about 2 hours before the season premiere (was playing MadWorld at the time instead).

What the shit, CN? They're advertising new Gumball and new Steven Universe...

Completely missed it and my DVR didn't record for some reason. Luckily it looks to be on demand.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    Watched Adventure Time: Islands. Spoilers follow
    So I guess that caps it for Susan's arc, then? Similar to Lemonhope, out doing their own thing now. Wonder if they're planning followups for them in the future?

And now we've got Finn's origin story laid out, too. Shoot, this really IS the last season :(

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    naengwen wrote: »
    So I guess that caps it for Susan's arc, then? Similar to Lemonhope, out doing their own thing now. Wonder if they're planning followups for them in the future?

And now we've got Finn's origin story laid out, too. Shoot, this really IS the last season :(

Nope.
    Yeah, lots of threads being wrapped up in Adventure Time, but still a few more things to address!
    Gonna fix the Ice King? We gonna get all the secrets of Lich's origin and ties to the Catalyst Comet stuff, and how his existence as Sweet Pea is gonna play out? What of GOLB?

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Golden Yak wrote: »

Nope.
    Yeah, lots of threads being wrapped up in Adventure Time, but still a few more things to address!
    Gonna fix the Ice King? We gonna get all the secrets of Lich's origin and ties to the Catalyst Comet stuff, and how his existence as Sweet Pea is gonna play out? What of GOLB?
    Ah, I thought we were already on Season 9 and they were pulling a Gravity Falls. Got it!

• Options
    Speaking of Gravity Falls, I was in a Chapters today and grabbed a copy of Journal 3 and oh my god it is the best. Hilarious and full of extra story-bits that the show didn't get to cover, including Ford's inter-dimensional travels, lots of stuff about Bill Cipher, and Dipper's real first name. So great. Praise the Axolotl.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options

Nope.

Yeah theres a few plot threads that need addressed
    Furn and the grass curse
    Betty/simon
    Sweet pea
    How did Finn survive the trip to Ooo
    Jakes origins

• Options
    InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    I'm still wondering what took a chunk out of the planet. I guess that was the Mushroom War?
    Furn and the grass curse
    Betty/simon
    Sweet pea
    Jakes origins
    and how all of that leads to the desolate future that they've shown us. The planet is dying, the Candy Kingdom abandoned with the candy people in storage, and the Treehouse has grown up to space.
    Oh and there's the "madness and sadness" afflicting the magical world.

3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • Options
    I thought Jake's origin was explained?
    His dad got impregnated by a shapeshifting demon and gave birth to him. His mother isn't biological.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    His dad got impregnated by a shapeshifting demon and gave birth to him. His mother isn't biological.

This could have been false, like his magical mud puddle story from the first season.
    since it ended with "let's never tell him" and then Jake saying they never told him. ;P

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I'm still wondering what took a chunk out of the planet. I guess that was the Mushroom War?
    Furn and the grass curse
    Betty/simon
    Sweet pea
    Jakes origins
    and how all of that leads to the desolate future that they've shown us. The planet is dying, the Candy Kingdom abandoned with the candy people in storage, and the Treehouse has grown up to space.
    I think we can infer Fern is involved with the tree. We know humans thrive again because Bravest warriors isbimpliec yo be in the future of AT

We know how. Not why.
    Though I maintain the following
    Jake is a reincarnated Martin.
    The catalyst comet was the monster and Martins path to redemption and spiritual fufillment involves becoming his Sons best friend

King Riptor on
  • Options
    Furn and the grass curse
    Betty/simon
    Sweet pea
    Jakes origins
    I think we can infer Fern is involved with the tree. We know humans thrive again because Bravest warriors isbimpliec yo be in the future of AT

We know how. Not why.
    The catalyst comet was the monster and Martins path to redemption and spiritual fufillment involves becoming his Sons best friend

That's awesome and speaking of
    I find it hard to believe the Martin in Islands is the one we see later in the show. They're both grifters sure, but Islands Martin was prepared to sacrifice his life for his family, and Present Martin doesn't care in the slightest about the son he lost actually being alive.

I guess maybe he got super messed up after losing Finn and felt unable to go back to Minerva, so he wandered until becoming an irredeemable knob? Might be too sad for an episode if that's the case, but I wouldn't mind seeing more of him post-Islands/pre-Citadel.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Furn and the grass curse
    Betty/simon
    Sweet pea
    Jakes origins

We know how. Not why.

That's awesome and speaking of
    I find it hard to believe the Martin in Islands is the one we see later in the show. They're both grifters sure, but Islands Martin was prepared to sacrifice his life for his family, and Present Martin doesn't care in the slightest about the son he lost actually being alive.

I guess maybe he got super messed up after losing Finn and felt unable to go back to Minerva, so he wandered until becoming an irredeemable knob? Might be too sad for an episode if that's the case, but I wouldn't mind seeing more of him post-Islands/pre-Citadel.

It makes sense.
    Minerva caused Martin to change his nature. When he lost her, he retreated into his former self because that's the only way that's worked for him.

• Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    So Steven Universe is having a bomb this week. Its the same episodes that where leaked earlier in the month, but I decided to wait for their "official" release and watch them one by one as Rebecca Sugar intended .... and then I was tempted to skip ahead one episode via one of those places we don't talk about that has cartoons for streaming.

I sat down to watch the fourth episode in the series.
    Its about a human zoo created by the Homeworld Gems where a bunch of humans have their every need taken care of. They have no concept of things like doors and obey every command given to them by the voices coming from their ear rings(Gem trackers tags). They also have no real concept of love, being paired up by the what I suspect are gem computers. They call this the choosening. (Also the Zoo is manned by various gems, including Amethyst Gems that are standard issue, but voiced by the same actress)

Then Steven and Greg talk about love, about choosing their own mate and stuff. The humans in the Zoo love this so much that they all choose Greg. Whereupon Greg breaks their heart by unchoosing them. This leads to massive tears and a whole bunch of Amethyst gems coming in to calm the now wailing humans.

Which leads to a short scene of an Amethyst gem trying to comfort a human suffering from heartbreak.

I don't know why, but that scene had me in stitches for well over a minute. It was just so absurd.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    I loved...
    The reveal that our Amethyst was palling around with the other Amethysts (and some Jaspers). It turns out they were all from the same Kindergarten on Earth.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon