Options

[Western Animation] Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey...Awoo-oo!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Deans wrote: »
    Deans wrote: »
    I remember an episode where the scientist guy invented a time freezing device, and I considered it to be a poor representation of frozen time/super speed.

Nonono he lmade an element to be frozen so it could be used as fuel for his time machine or as a tasty snack. Scrooge used it to abuse international land laws.

Fuck you I explicitly remember time freezing shenanigans and the Beagle Boys used it to steal Scrooge's money and someone fucked with a baseball game and I know this episode happened.

No reason to get heated over this.
    Wiki says you're both correct.
    Gyro invents a watch that allows anyone to move super fast. But the Beagle Boys want to use it so they can steal all of Scrooge's money. Things get worse when the whole group ends up traveling backwards in time and end up meeting pirates.
    Scrooge buys one of Glomgold's islands, wherein houses a diamond mine. Upon finding out, Glomgold has the diamond mine blown away from the island. Scrooge, Launchpad, and the nephews then go back in time to try to prevent the explosion, but end up going 1 million years back, where they meet Bubba the Caveduck and his pet Triceratops, Tootsie.

I really didn't realize how much time shenanigans they engaged in on this show.

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    I ain't mad, just goofing. Don't remember the pirates at all though. I wonder what hijinks they'll get up to in the new show, they certainly have a deep well to draw from.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Talespin was my favorite show from this era. It was legit important to my life, don't think I'd be an engineer without Talespin.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    All this talk over the catchiness of the Ducktales song, when you think I'mma let you forgot the horror of the Gummi Bears theme?

They bounced here and there and everywhere.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I wonder if we'll hear an homage to the other Ducktales theme
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHEifuLCSIY

Seriously, if it weren't for the actual theme you'd be forgiven for thinking this was the main theme of Ducktales in the Remastered OST

• Options
    Also new thread title! Hope I've written it correctly

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    The end credits music for the game is woefully underappreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svnhHFtYsnU

It starts off with the actual full version of the Ducktales song, which you might have heard before. Then at the 2:35 mark you think it's going to end, because that's where it does normally. But this version then launches into a fucking sick as hell remix. And then adds in the Moon theme, because like said, it's the only song anybody remembers from the game, and for obvious reason.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I always thought that rendition of the Main theme in the first three minutes was a bit...off. Like a fraction too slow, the instruments didn't sound right. And yet if you try to youtube "Ducktales full theme" odds are you land on that one.

Maybe I'm crazy?

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I always thought that rendition of the Main theme in the first three minutes was a bit...off. Like a fraction too slow, the instruments didn't sound right. And yet if you try to youtube "Ducktales full theme" odds are you land on that one.

Maybe I'm crazy?

It is slightly slow, yeah.

EDIT: though the first part is exactly the same. Might be the extra instrumentals that give it that feeling.

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    The uploader has not made this video available in your country

DMCA completely vindicated

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    cloudeagle wrote: »

"Meh" was definitely the right emoji to introduce that...

LostNinja on
  • Options

It's the emoji movie.

• Options
    LostNinja wrote: »

It's the emoji movie.

I know

But I am barred from watching it

I'm saying this is a good thing

• Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular

It's the emoji movie.

I know

Which emoji would you feel best describes how you feel about this?

• Options
    Garthor wrote: »

It's the emoji movie.

I know

Which emoji would you feel best describes how you feel about this?

:?

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I think Sony was trying to emulate the fantastic sloth trailer from Zootopia but completely botched it.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    So it's a few months old, might have been posted already, but I stumbled across a love letter to the subject of this thread on Youtube. If nothing else it's a masterpiece of editing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-6xk4W6N20

Shadowen on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Ah D&D is back.

Now lets talk Trollhunters and how its awesome.

I really liked it . Lots of neat voice casting, and surprisingly emotional moments. Lots of dark humor too.

Id argue its better than Voltron but it has like double the episodes

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Shadowen wrote: »
    So it's a few months old, might have been posted already, but I stumbled across a love letter to the subject of this thread on Youtube. If nothing else it's a masterpiece of editing.

This made me weep for both the person who edited this video and the computer rendering it. Jesus christ that's quite a thing.

The number of hours that must have been spent masking out those transitions alone.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Batman The Killing Joke is up on HBO Now if you're interested in it.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »

No.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Ah D&D is back.

I really liked it . Lots of neat voice casting, and surprisingly emotional moments. Lots of dark humor too.

that's the Del Toro carton, right?

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »

*Watches the Hbomberguy video about it instead*

• Options
    I did watch Gods and Monsters tho, it was good.

Glad I watched the three prequel shorts tho, especially Superman's, because it helps flesh out his character as much more than "evil Superman"

• Options
    edited December 2016

As someone who is obsessed with Disney, that might be one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

Edit: was inspired to change my avatar to reflect this.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    Saw a trailer for the Lego Batman movie for the first time yesterday. It had a joke about Batman v. Superman and a joke about Robin's love of very short pants in the Adam West era. Needless to say, I am a million times on board for this movie.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

It's really something. Which sounds like faint praise but I ain't a poet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Saw a trailer for the Lego Batman movie for the first time yesterday. It had a joke about Batman v. Superman and a joke about Robin's love of very short pants in the Adam West era. Needless to say, I am a million times on board for this movie.

It's pretty sad that a movie in which everything is based on a line of toys made of plastic blocks looks to have both immensely better writing and far more awareness of DC characters than a massively-budgeted live-action film.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

It's pretty sad that a movie in which everything is based on a line of toys made of plastic blocks looks to have both immensely better writing and far more awareness of DC characters than a massively-budgeted live-action film.

It's amazing what actually giving a shit about what you make can do.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Ah D&D is back.

Yeah loosely based on a book he co-wrote.

The monster designs are a weird combination of dreamworks house style and his stuff

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Ron Permann gets the best character design by miles. Especially the human characters makes the show look like it was designed in the 90s though.

The show also feels very much like it was supposed to be two seasons. There's a pretty obvious cut. The plot in the second half gets kinda rpg-y.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Ah D&D is back.

Yeah loosely based on a book he co-wrote.

The monster designs are a weird combination of dreamworks house style and his stuff

It's based on the Strain?

• Options
    honovere wrote: »
    Ron Permann gets the best character design by miles. Especially the human characters makes the show look like it was designed in the 90s though.

The show also feels very much like it was supposed to be two seasons. There's a pretty obvious cut. The plot in the second half gets kinda rpg-y.

I think it they wanted to present it all as Anton Yelchins final project .

• Options

Not to detract from how awful DC's movie division is (they're the worst), but Lego in general just puts out a good product. They're actual toys aside (which are great), all of their video games, movies, and TV shows show a good understanding of the base IP with a healthy dose of self aware humor.

Their Star Wars specials are particularly great.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    So, Mrs. Hedgie and myself went and saw Sing today. Was a really fun movie with a lot of good musical bits.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular

Not to detract from how awful DC's movie division is (they're the worst), but Lego in general just puts out a good product. They're actual toys aside (which are great), all of their video games, movies, and TV shows show a good understanding of the base IP with a healthy dose of self aware humor.

Their Star Wars specials are particularly great.

No argument there, but it will prove to be an excellent example of why you hand something like that over to people who have talent and good judgement instead of over to somebody renowned for his constant mud-toned palettes.

You get a good product by making sure you give it to good people. It's not rocket science.

• Options
    I'd love a Lego Movie style Lego Star Wars Movie

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    FYI and perhaps warning, a bunch of upcoming Steven Universe episodes were accidentally uploaded and made available for a while on Cartoon Network's site and app.

So... they and spoilers are out there roaming in the wild.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif