Options

Friends of Dorothy [Chat]

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a
    i finally started watching Breaking Bad last night

like i've just put it off forever because i knew i'd get sucked into it and i feel like i always have a huge backlog of other shows

jesus that shit was depressing

like halfway through it you're just cheering for him to cook some meth like maybe at least he'll feel fulfilled

porp and I made it thru the first couple eps

but it didn't really grab us and idk if we'll ever go back to it

kinda felt like we were just waiting for it to get good

meanwhile porp is secretly on the 2nd season already

haha i wouldn't even mind. i mostly watch TV cuz it's an activity she likes to do with me.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    beekeepers make more money from pollination services than from sales of bee products, by a staggering amount

which means that most bees spend their lives being frantically driven across america during pollination season i.e. like, right about now

• Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I live right beside one of the largest bodies of fresh water in the world.

Get on my level.

i live below sea level. the issue here is mostly that there is too much water.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Like the real long term solution to meat in this country is double its price (or more) and correspondingly eat significantly less of it

alternatively some crazy scientists and engineers vat grow some edible meat on an industrial scale

We'll just start eating poor people.

I tried putting it in the computer and it said it wouldn't work

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    If you have the money for all those psvs knock yourself out.
    Shivahn wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Hmm I want to carbonate the kombucha, but not create bombs.

I realized growlers exist.

Is there a way to put a safety valve on one? Or, how would I make such a safety valve? So that I can do fermentation in one without worrying 'bout explosions.

I just use swing-top glass bottles and put the lot in a leak-proof box. If you were worried, you could put a balloon over the opening of one of them to judge the relative amount of pressure being generated?

I'm irrationally afraid of explosions, and love to overengineer things. I am thinking of putting a pressure relief valve into a cap (I am looking at valves now..).

Is there a way to put a safety valve on one? Or, how would I make such a safety valve? So that I can do fermentation in one without worrying 'bout explosions.

I just use swing-top glass bottles and put the lot in a leak-proof box. If you were worried, you could put a balloon over the opening of one of them to judge the relative amount of pressure being generated?

I'm irrationally afraid of explosions, and love to overengineer things. I am thinking of putting a pressure relief valve into a cap (I am looking at valves now..).

• Options
    Finally started to find my feet in Ultimate or true vault hunter, whatever the highest difficulty is in BL2. Basically I had to abandon the idea of mitigating damage and go for the highest dps I could. So I still get killed, but not nearly as often. Plus I got that ridiculous mirv grenade from boom boom so I can really drop some fire in an area.

my buddy and i played thru the game enough to finish all the dlc at the top difficulty

it gets p grindy but it's good bro time

i prob would have not enjoyed it doing it solo

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    i finally started watching Breaking Bad last night

like i've just put it off forever because i knew i'd get sucked into it and i feel like i always have a huge backlog of other shows

jesus that shit was depressing

like halfway through it you're just cheering for him to cook some meth like maybe at least he'll feel fulfilled
    Stick with it. Season 1 picks up in the last couple / few episodes, and from there things get much better the further you go.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Humans: Fucking up nature since about 1000BC

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    I live in suburban Portland Oregon, rainfall to water the lawn most of the time isn't an issue. On the other hand the soil where I live is very shallow running up into a firm clay layer which means lawns will shrivel up in even our short and mild summers.

We only water our flowers and shrubs, the grass does its job just fine when a little brown.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    whats goin on in chat oh in depth talks about water usage and agriculture

cool cool i'm just gonna put my head down on my desk until we hit page 99
    Are you kidding? This is the best that [chat] has ever been! Usually we just talk about butts or politics or shitty music.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Kruite wrote: »

Is anyone in chat irrationally afraid of explosions?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Like the real long term solution to meat in this country is double its price (or more) and correspondingly eat significantly less of it

alternatively some crazy scientists and engineers vat grow some edible meat on an industrial scale

Well try lowering the ATI and eating all the poor.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Breaking Bad is so oppressive

everyone in the show is horrible and I didn't want any of them to succeed so I stopped watching

override367 on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Are you kidding? This is the best that [chat] has ever been! Usually we just talk about butts or politics or shitty music.

excuse me TLC is a national fucking treasure

• Options
    Finally started to find my feet in Ultimate or true vault hunter, whatever the highest difficulty is in BL2. Basically I had to abandon the idea of mitigating damage and go for the highest dps I could. So I still get killed, but not nearly as often. Plus I got that ridiculous mirv grenade from boom boom so I can really drop some fire in an area.

my buddy and i played thru the game enough to finish all the dlc at the top difficulty

I generally play a lot of multi games solo. Like I did the original BL mostly solo on Lillith. Tonight I'll try quickmatch because I don't really know many bone players.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2017

You can't eat ALL the poor. You need to have a lower class to exploit otherwise society collapses entirely.

Drez on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I live right beside one of the largest bodies of fresh water in the world.

Get on my level.

No. I'd sink.

There's a growing community of houseboats on the lake. Super interesting. Some are basically one room shacks, others are surprisingly nice.

And then, in the winter, when the lake freezes, all the people that live on the houseboats can just walk to town.

I could never live like that for more than a few days, though. I like my amenities.

• Options

I put in "eat the poor with Worcestershire sauce" and it said it would work

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

i'm afraid explosions will improperly file my taxes

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Humans: Fucking up nature since about 1000BC
    Someday we'll find evidence of cavemen having pooped in the local stream.

• Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    ok technically this part is a metre above the sea.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

Imagine, if you will, a lawn made entirely of butts that constantly fart out politically-charged pop music.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I just finished my fourth Boar's Head kosher dill pickle.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    I always hate the excuse "The kids love the lawn, so that's why we're keeping it." Have the kids pull out all of the weeds in the lawn. Force them to do it. See how much they love the lawn then.

To be fair, this was one of my chores. I got an allowance for doing it, but between that and cleaning up our dog's poop and mowing the lawn, I was completely disenchanted with the idea of having a lawn by the time I reached my teen years.

The greatest thing about being a homeowner with a fenced in back yard is that I haven't picked up dog shit in four years.

I grew up on a corner lot.

Dog owners are openly mostly terribly inconsiderate dicks in my experience. And don't even seem to realise it.

See outside of my yard I always picked up dog shit. On walks, dog park, etc.

At my house though, eff that.

What gets me is our street dead ends about a half mile down into some lower income houses and the fuckers that live there will walk up and down the street at night and just straight up toss trash in yards.

Like every week at least one day I'll walk outside and there will be a beer can or burger wrapper or cigarette pack or something.

One day I'mma get up on the roof and fucking paintball those assholes.

The problem is generally "I let my dog run around and take a shit on your lawn, but I totally picked it up!" has never been a terribly good excuse for bad behaviour, no matter how often it's used. "Hey this playground for the local kids to play in is just a perfectly fine place for my dog to take a shit, right?" is little better.

And that's like the cream of the crop. Then you get to the people who let their dogs run around in your gardens, who don't pick up or who pick up and then chuck the bag in your garden.

Dog owners man...

Yes. It's awesome you took the free dog shit bags at the dog park and made an attempt to pick up after Fido. But then why throw all the bags at the fence/bushes?

• Options

I generally play a lot of multi games solo. Like I did the original BL mostly solo on Lillith. Tonight I'll try quickmatch because I don't really know many bone players.

you

you know me

(but i only have the original 360 version so we prob couldn't play)

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    crops

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »

i'm afraid explosions will improperly file my taxes

We, just avoid popular software like TurboSplat, TaxKablooie, and H&R Bombsaway.

• Options
    Corporate overlords seem to be irrational about paying for safety devices.

Ok, a large psv can cost 5 to six figures. But if an explosion occurs you have to shut down operations. What's worse, 1 valve that's 300k or a quarter to a years loss of income?

• Options
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    crops

fucking omg

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    we should make robots that are powered by delicious human biomass and can make more of themselves

• Options
    On the plus side if I can make it through today (which is looking likely) and tomorrow at the cabin (which will be a challenge) without nicotine I think I'll be over the initial "I'mma fucking tear your goddamn head off" phase

• Options
    edited March 2017

you

you know me

(but i only have the original 360 version so we prob couldn't play)

I dunno maybe we can crossplay? I'm using the 360 version of the game and there is some compatibility patch I dl'd? I don't know if we have each others lives though.

But I'm west coast and can't normally play till 10:30pm est.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I want a lawn but I also live somewhere where lawns is what happens to any area of land that you pull trees out of and mow occasionally

there's been watering bans now and then, of course. Maybe even in Bergen, I think (bergen got over 3000 mm of rain in 2015) but they're all about droughts leading to capacity problems of the water pipe network (so that some people get loss of pressure) and not like we're actually using all the water. Because it is wet, here. Very wet.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    the server on a site you regularly visit being down is m a d d e n i n g
    constantly just opening the bookmark out of muscle memory and finding nothing

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    oh yea tomorrow for my birthday my friends and i are gonna have a mortal kombat tournament (amongst just getting high and playing lots of games)

so i'ma gonna stream that on twitch and sprotscaster

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Ahem, what is wrong with butts [chat]

• Options
    IMG_5142.png

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

Imagine, if you will, a lawn made entirely of butts that constantly fart out politically-charged pop music.
    :whistle:

They say that I'm a dreamer...
    But I'm not the only one...

:whistle:

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    my teeth are super sensitive today and I probably won't be able to chew lunch grr

This discussion has been closed.