As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect Andromeda: Pathfinder, I've detected a thread that you can post in

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    the load times are redonkers

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    the load times are redonkers

I have it on my Nvme ssd and load times are like 5 seconds usually, 10 at most.

Still the longest load time of all my games :snap:

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    Starting to think my computer hates frostbite

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    That is good news about the crafting. I gave up on making stuff in Inquisition, but my compulsive collecting disorder meant I could never stop picking up resources.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    The interrupts in this game seem a lot easier to miss. Seen two so far but I'm worried there were more.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am kinda bummed that the only people on your ship are the named dudes. I miss the generic crew members from the Normandy. They made the ship feel more alive.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Wait what do you mean crafted stuff is locked by level
    I've seen no level requirements indicated on items

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    So far the extra ranks of the available research blueprints are level locked.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Spoilers for the First Murderer questline.
    Cool, Tann, thanks for forcing me to decide whether means and intent are the same as actually committing murder.

Kandros told me after that the murderer's wife left with him and that they could look forward to a hard life out in Andromeda. Cool. Great. Awesome.

Still, I did like how that questline panned out. Even if there wasn't an easy answer at the end of it.

I don't understand why
    they couldn't just charge him with attempted murder instead of forcing a MORAL CONUNDRUM on you

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    If I don't flirt with someone in that first conversation with them am I forever locked out of potential boning down the line?

Nah, you get an option later in generic conversation wheel that's just 'I'm interested in you'

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Wait what do you mean crafted stuff is locked by level
    I've seen no level requirements indicated on items

Not any blueprints from what I can see, but blueprint levels are.

1, 5, 10, 20 and 30 I think

• Options
    QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    Ooo, BOY, definitely not liking this main plot so far:

Major Main Story Spoilers for all of "A Trail of Hope":
    So the kett are...darkspawn? In space? The angara have been fighting them for how long and nobody ever figured out they were doing this? It seems like a shoddy reveal for the sake of a reveal: instead of it just being a "thing" like the Reapers do to make Husks, it was apparently a huge secret only you could uncover!

Also this moral choice makes exactly 0 sense. Blow it up, or free the trapped angara? Holy hell, why not both? What's preventing me from doing both of those things? Jaal even says it on the mission: "we can come back later and blow it up!" Yes, exactly! What's stopping us (besides a contrived plot reason equal to "attempted murder is not a charge in this space future legal system" I'm sure will prevent me)? Why can't SAM detonate the shield thingy while we're flying away? Is it because I promised the Cardinal I wouldn't blow it up so therefore I can't anymore? I also murdered her but I guess I didn't make any promises on that front.

Man, maybe it gets better from here, but so far this is pretty bad.

Liam's cute though.

PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Wow, the sandstorm feels like an AR I could really love if it wasn't scoped.

Given the ranges in the game I could quite happily toggle off ever using a scope for any weapon.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Yo. I surprisingly like Vetra a lot. She's cooler than I expected so far. She will be my back up 3rd member if I end up not liking Jaal as much. As she will stay my third member until I get him at least.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Yo. I surprisingly like Vetra a lot. She's cooler than I expected so far. She will be my back up 3rd member if I end up not liking Jaal as much. As she will stay my third member until I get him at least.
    Cooler than expected might be the subtitle for this game after all the hate it got in the beginning.

I'm actually loving it right now and can't wait to play more

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Cooler than expected might be the subtitle for this game after all the hate it got in the beginning.

Seriously. I enjoyed the start. Then last night I got to first part of opening up with exploration and the car thing and R&D and dyed my armor a sweet black a purple color scheme and... hot DAMN I really like this game. Like a lot. I think I love it.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I've been swapping through pairs

Vetra/Jaal, Peebee/Drack and Cora/Vetra are my favorites so far

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    When you're messing with the colors on the jacket/clothes you have to hit space to actually select it, with no indication there's a button for it at all - escape just flips back to default. Only interface thing that's really bugged me so far.

Now my casual outfit looks really cool though.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

It's a shame it came out in the middle of a lot of generation defining games.

Should probably have held it back a couple months for polish once they realized what they're up against.

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »

Should probably have held it back a couple months for polish once they realized what they're up against.

Since I don't have a ps4 and won't buy a switch for one game, me stands pretty alone for me currently. Plus I'm a space need

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2017

I mean it's a completely different beast, so not really. Not that it couldn't use the extra polish but not because of those games. None of those games have much in common besides the open world feel.

I enjoyed BotW but had a lot of disappointments about it and Horizon did not appeal to me at all. Nier ,if we're counting that is cool, but not even remotely like any of the group so I'm not sure we should count it. If we do, that was more a game I just kinda played to see all of Yoko Taro's wackiness. This though? This is my fucking JAM. This is a game where I'm going to spend some time.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

I mean it's a completely different beast, so not really. Not that it couldn't use the extra polish but not because of those games. None of those games have much in common besides the open world feel.

I enjoyed BotW but had a lot of disappointments about it and Horizon did not appeal to me at all. Nier ,if we're counting that is cool, but not even remotely like any of the group so I'm not sure we should count it. If we do, that was more a game I just kinda played to see all of Yoko Taro's wackiness. This though? This is my fucking JAM. This is a game where I'm going to spend some time.

I didn't say it wasn't gonna work for some people!

I'm just saying that there's a lack of polish and all the negative buzz as a result combined with the insane number of 9 or 10/10 games out in the span of a month has to be impacting the success of the game.

• Options

I'm just saying that there's a lack of polish and all the negative buzz as a result combined with the insane number of 9 or 10/10 games out in the span of a month has to be impacting the success of the game.

Ahhh I thought you meant because it was similar in some way!

My bad. But yea along those lines if something isn't that similar it's going to attract a different core audience I think maybe? So it might not matter as much how good those games are.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

My bad. But yea along those lines if something isn't that similar it's going to attract a different core audience I think maybe? So it might not matter as much how good those games are.
    Eh, I would imagine the core audience between, say, Horizon and Mass Effect isn't very different.

Mass Effect ain't a niche title, it's a very popular series with a wide audience.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Eh, I would imagine the core audience between, say, Horizon and Mass Effect isn't very different.

Mass Effect ain't a niche title, it's a very popular series with a wide audience.

Its part of why the negativity prerelease has been so pronounced

Thing has a big ol audience with different (but generally reasonable) expectations of it

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    The overlap between fans of Zelda and fans of Mass Effect isn't quite as narrow as you might think, either, though it's definitely narrower than some other comparable games

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    oh right the way to make computer games run goodly is to turn off ambient occlusion

• Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    The overlap between fans of Zelda and fans of Mass Effect isn't quite as narrow as you might think, either, though it's definitely narrower than some other comparable games

There's overlap anywhere but when the overlap requires completely different systems that's already moving into a specific type of gamer and not the more broad audience.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    I'm surprised more people aren't voicing some disappointment with the multiplayer

the core model is really fun (like weirdly so) it's something we've known since ME3--but that was in spite of how janky it is. and this is basically just as janky, with the same handful of maps and enemy types

everything related to jumping/height is fun to do but feels and looks bad when trying to navigate around cover, and the melee tracking seems actively worse than ME3 (especially with no over-cover grab?)

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Oh yea. I mean the Horizon overlap is probably bigger but the other ones not so much. Nier is a niche title and Zelda isn't even on the same hardware as the others. I imagine Horizon certainly has the overlap though in the "other big popular game game" category though.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I'm surprised more people aren't voicing some disappointment with the multiplayer

the core model is really fun (like weirdly so) it's something we've known since ME3--but that was in spite of how janky it is. and this is basically just as janky, with the same handful of maps and enemy types

everything related to jumping/height is fun to do but feels and looks bad when trying to navigate around cover, and the melee tracking seems actively worse than ME3 (especially with no over-cover grab?)

The lack of heavy melee is what's getting me.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    No heavy melee and no cover grab is throwing me for a loop.

Though I can see why they dropped the latter since they seem to be going for mobility.

Also the gamepad buttons for weapon switch and melee really should be switched.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    I did not know I could jump up in the air and then hold my melee button to do a ground punch. That is something I will probably be distracted with while waiting between waves.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I didn't even know cover grabbing was a thing in ME3.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Holding down a button to interact is slightly annoying to me.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I like my sticky grenade AR: I hate my sticky grenade AR. It's awesome when I can just plant a LOT of sticky grenades on the ground and watch people walk into them. I hate that it's delayed damage and I wonder if it'd be better if I made a sticky grenade SMG while keeping a regular AR.

Also, I'm disappointed that the Black Widow 2 isn't one shotting baddies all the time.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Deadfall wrote: »

The lack of heavy melee is what's getting me.

oh yeah! I'd forgotten there were the two strengths until just now, but that's definitely adding to the feeling

I don't like how the melee feels now at all, it's not snappy or dependable enough as a "light", and it's not satisfying enough to fill the slot of the "heavy"

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Holding down a button to interact is slightly annoying to me.

worst next gen trend.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    New multiplayer kit coming soon apparently:

PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    My only problem witb multi is that interacting gets constantly interrupted, holding the button doesn't work.

This discussion has been closed.