As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect Andromeda: Pathfinder, I've detected a thread that you can post in

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    PB and Jaal
    just flirted in the nomad, and Ryder was all like "well that's uncomfortable..."

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I'm not used to Jaal's voice yet

I'll just be out and about and then have to madly search for where the hell Mr. Belvedere came from and oh, it's Jaal again
    See and I can't do anything but hear Lance Reddick in John Wick

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    I'm sure this has been brought up, but my biggest disappointment is that they left instakills in multiplayer. It was easily the lamest part of the last game's multi, I don't see what purpose it serves keeping it for this go round.

Having to wait for the round to end just because a fiend managed to snatch me out of the air just isn't fun.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    I should really spend some time just rolling around planets with different crew pairs in the nomad. See how many different ways I can get told my driving sucks.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Grog wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been brought up, but my biggest disappointment is that they left instakills in multiplayer. It was easily the lamest part of the last game's multi, I don't see what purpose it serves keeping it for this go round.

Having to wait for the round to end just because a fiend managed to snatch me out of the air just isn't fun.

Yeah, I've had multiple times where an ascendant will sync-kill me despite the fact that I dashed out of the death-bubble about 1.5-2 seconds ago, ugh. If you're gonna do these instant-kills, do them in a game with dedicated servers or better netcode, not this.

EDIT: Speaking of bad connection, I had a hilarious bug happen to me last night in MP, hoping I'm able to get it onto youtube tonight to share.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I've only tried multi once so far, on bronze with some pubs, and uh
    holy shit
    that was really hard? we wiped

I mean, pubs, sure, but those Kett enemies aren't fucking around
    I was seeing stuff pop up that was like WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I'm not used to Jaal's voice yet

I'll just be out and about and then have to madly search for where the hell Mr. Belvedere came from and oh, it's Jaal again
    See and I can't do anything but hear Lance Reddick in John Wick

Jaal hits on EVERYONE

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Okay I wish these white areas on your clothes would color change. They wreck my flow.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Eos, hidden container
    There's one on top of a pillar and I have no idea how to get up there
    No matter where I start from I my jump set and dash don't seem to reach
    I've even tried driving the Nomad off the nearby cliff to no avail

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Eos, hidden container

Can you say where it is?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    oh my god

spoiler for Liam's loyalty mission
    if you choose the cocky response when you answer the pirate captain's comm

you literally fucking quote Han Solo from sneaking into the Death Star in ANH, word for word

Liam even fucking snickers, and it's not clear if he's laughing because it's an in-universe quote and he gets the joke or if he's laughing at you being a cocky asshole

or both

Pony on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    oh my god

spoiler for Liam's loyalty mission
    if you choose the cocky response when you answer the pirate captain's comm

you literally fucking quote Han Solo from sneaking into the Death Star in ANH, word for word

Liam even fucking snickers, and it's not clear if he's laughing because it's an in-universe quote and he gets the joke or if he's laughing at you being a cocky asshole

or both
    Give that Liam keeps sending you movie suggestions, the former at the minimum.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I put down the third hammer

Uhhhhhh
    Is this supposed to take a million years to kill this thing

Because it's taking a million years

We could probably get to another galaxy in this time

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Getting into the groove with this, mostly enjoying it but there's definitely some things I'd change. First and foremost is how damn tiny all of the text is. At least give me an option.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Eos, hidden container

Can you say where it is?
    In the valley behind the first monolith

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Eos, hidden container

If it's the one I'm thinking of:
    You're right near a monolith, right? There's a little tiny hill behind the monolith that you can get the Nomad onto in 6-wheel mode. Get up there, pull as far forward toward the pillars as you can without the Nomad rolling off, then jump from the Nomad to the closest pillar. Then, take a running jump off that pillar to the one with the container, hovering partway through to get some extra distance, then dashing to reach the pillar with the container.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Oh my god (Eos, Kett's Bane)
    Of course Zaeed has a bastard son who's also a merc

Of course he went out to Andromeda

Of course he was part of the uprising and now just spends all his time fucking up kett

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I put down the third hammer

Uhhhhhh
    Is this supposed to take a million years to kill this thing

Because it's taking a million years

We could probably get to another galaxy in this time
    Incindiary ammo appears to help. Also use an assault rifle, because it's easier to run and gun with it than the other guns. And yeah, you need to always be running.

Take a leg down to 50%. Then the head opens and you try and knock 25% off of that. Do all three legs(iirc the head opens after each one, so it should be at 25% when you get all three legs down to half). Then kill one leg. It moves off. Chase it in the Nomad and the kill another leg. It moves again. Kill the 3rd leg and then the head opens again and you finish that.

Took me a few tries to get it. My first try bugged out when I got the 3rd leg to 0%. It didn't move off. Just stayed there at 0% while the head attacked me.

Skwigelf on
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Getting into the groove with this, mostly enjoying it but there's definitely some things I'd change. First and foremost is how damn tiny all of the text is. At least give me an option.

Yup. They also need to bop up the transparency on the background of the scanner text. It is unreadable if you have a bright background like, say, ice or sand.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Making an Impression
    Did you choose to tap the water or the natural gas?

I'm about to choose the water. The people of Advent say they didn't sign on to be part of the nexus or initiative, but fuckin, yeah they did. They wouldn't have been transported out here if they didn't.
    And I don't care about one small group of people as much as an outpost I set up and the hundreds of thousands of people I'm pathfinding for. I was told they needed water, I'm getting them water, advent's only offering natural gas.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPuhcfIlrDE

Video of the first new MP addition is up. Plus it comes with a limited-time APEX mission.
    Mass Effect: Andromeda expands today with its first multiplayer Apex mission.

Available for free, this is the first of "several" story-based missions for the game that feature "new playable characters, weapons, and items."

Titled "Drack's Missing Scouts," this first Andromeda Apex mission is available until March 27. To complete the task, you need to investigate the map, Firebase Paradox, to investigate a Kett threat.

• Options
    Later in Eos
    Zaeed has a son!

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    current beefs with the game is a poopy checkpoint system during priority missions and a long load time when I die

which is kind of a problem when you're playing on insanity

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    The casual conversation options can be pretty entertaining in team meeting sessions when you're roleplaying being overwhelmed?

Ryder: "Can't you guys just get along?!"

Drack: "Begging. An interesting strategy."

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    My main conflict here

I like this game a lot more than Inquisition

I also think it's a much worse game than Inquisition

I thought they'd refine all the systems in there and they just got messier

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Casual Ryder is PRETTY GREAT.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    My main complaint is that im at work

Want to play

Fucking hurry up, clock

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    My main conflict here

I like this game a lot more than Inquisition

I also think it's a much worse game than Inquisition

I thought they'd refine all the systems in there and they just got messier
    Having just played through all of DAI and it's DLC I would disagree with Inquisition being much better

Like, I really like both games but I think there are some real big advantages that Andromeda has over DAI. The combat is much more satisfying, the party banter doesn't require you to ignore the faster method of travel (which is also much better) and overall I think the gameplay systems are a lot better designed than DAI.

DAI's animations during conversations and whatnot were much better though, which is super confusing

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    If the eventual PB and Jaal ship isn't referred to as PB&J, the internet is no good anymore.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    holy shit the Reegar Carbine fucking ruins the Remnant's entire day

which i mean, that follows, it was designed by the Quarians as an anti-synthetic weapon

but golly

• Options
    edited March 2017
    The reegar carbine is kinda great on the (end of eos)
    Remnant Architect.

I charge over to one of the legs, and immediately unload the reegar while keeping myself floating. By the time I drop, the leg has lost 50% health.

The reegar is absolutely *useless* at taking out the head though, and that was a nice time to learn that the assault rifle I had was pretty shit. Also I was generally too close to the architect to look up high enough and even aim at its head.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    If the eventual PB and Jaal ship isn't referred to as PB&J, the internet is no good anymore.

weirdly that's the name of the pb and cora ship??????

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I kinda hate how many weapons are available right from the jump

I have absolutely no idea what to try because there are literally like 30 different guns I could have

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Yukira wrote: »

weirdly that's the name of the pb and cora ship??????

That makes no linguistic sense.

oh, right.
    I'm tired, and you were making a funny.
    I'm going to sleep now.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    I kinda hate how many weapons are available right from the jump

I have absolutely no idea what to try because there are literally like 30 different guns I could have

I have a space revolver that I put a ME1 core into so it does not use heat sinks. Good backup.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I'm gonna be honest here, I'm not entirely clear why people keep comparing Andromeda to Witcher 3 or Inquisition.

Is it just a general RPG comparison thing, or is there some deeper intent behind that? Because it's kind of weird that most of the feedback I'm seeing about this game is being referenced back to two other games.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I'm gonna be honest here, I'm not entirely clear why people keep comparing Andromeda to Witcher 3 or Inquisition.

Is it just a general RPG comparison thing, or is there some deeper intent behind that? Because it's kind of weird that most of the feedback I'm seeing about this game is being referenced back to two other games.

It's a large open world RPG with a wide number of sidequests and things to do, just like W3 and DAI.

• Options

Inquisition is the direct predecessor to this game and features a lot of the systems that were added into Andromeda

The Witcher 3 was an outside company stepping into the exact space this game (and in fact most Bioware games) occupy and outperforming it on nearly every level

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Because Andromeda is an open world RPG in a similar way to Inquisition, and because Witcher 3 kind of came out and embarrassed all the rest of the open world RPGs on the market really badly

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Its me, I'm the weirdo who liked ME2's planet scanning.

I kinda like the idea behind the galaxy map transitions. What kills them for me is the second-long delay before and after the transitions start. A "hold button to skip" would also help.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
This discussion has been closed.